PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo fantasy football sign ups ONLY!

D Rock
07-26-2011, 07:06 PM
please let me know if you're interested in being in a free Yahoo league so I can get it (or them) set up. Try to keep this thread only to declaring interest so it's easy to tell who is in.

Any other fantasy football talk can go in the other thread already running.

Jooser
07-26-2011, 07:23 PM
ME!

phillyesq
07-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Interested.

Vindrow
07-26-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm always looking for a good FF league.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I'll play

Steelgal
07-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Count me in!!

Iron Shiek
07-26-2011, 11:39 PM
I'll play as long as its free...count me in.
Thanks.

SteelCrazy
07-26-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd like to play in it again this year.

DrCalculus
07-26-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm in again! Gotta be the thorn in Chadman's side once more. :)

skyhawk
07-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Love Yahoo FF. Count me in.

Chadman
07-27-2011, 02:21 AM
I'll have another go if there is enough space.

Iron Shiek
07-27-2011, 07:59 AM
I'll have another go if there is enough space.

There's always space for a wombat of doom or platypusses of pain or whatever the he!l you are gonna call your sorry excuse for a team this year.

:moon

PlayForBlood
07-27-2011, 08:59 AM
I am interested

SteelHead
07-27-2011, 09:05 AM
I'd def be interested. My long time money league has fallen apart this year so even if it's a free league I'd be game. I will warn you though , I was a 3 time champ :Beer

Let me know if there's room , thanks !

BURGH86STEEL
07-27-2011, 09:41 AM
I will play if there is space

RuthlessBurgher
07-27-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm a cheap bastage who likes to play in free leagues. Count me in!

AngryAsian
07-27-2011, 11:14 AM
D Rock, since you me and Ruthless held the top three spots, it is only fitting we continue the yearly beat down of the others. Count me in.

Tomlinator
07-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Me too, if there is still room.

steelz09
07-27-2011, 12:27 PM
D Rock, since you me and Ruthless held the top three spots, it is only fitting we continue the yearly beat down of the others. Count me in.

That's only because I wasn't in the league.

Count me in.

D Rock
07-27-2011, 06:46 PM
It looks like we have a bunch interested. Would someone else like to be commish of a sister league and we can run two of them on Yahoo with the same settings, and in the end we can see who really is the best of Planet Steelers!

RuthlessBurgher
07-27-2011, 06:56 PM
It looks like we have a bunch interested. Would someone else like to be commish of a sister league and we can run two of them on Yahoo with the same settings, and in the end we can see who really is the best of Planet Steelers!

I believe Jooser volunteered to bring his Mountain Mama League back to life on the first fantasy thread. Whattaya say, Joos...a D Rock league and Jooser league?

Chadman
07-27-2011, 08:03 PM
would that be like an AFC & NFC Fantasy League??

D Rock
07-27-2011, 08:44 PM
would that be like an AFC & NFC Fantasy League??

My thoughts exactly. Only special thing would be that both the AFC and the NFC get to choose from a full player pool each, and then battle at the end.

Example: it could be Ben Roethlisberger starting at QB for both teams in what is determined to be the championship week.

Jooser
07-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Sure, I'll do it. How do we wanna set this up?

D Rock
07-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Sure, I'll do it. How do we wanna set this up?

I will reactivate the league from last year, and copy and paste the settings here. You can then register a league with the same settings. We will figure it out as we go.

D Rock
07-28-2011, 06:35 PM
here are the current settings. We can change these as desired later on.

Jooser, just make a league and password, then we will give the people who played last year a chance to re-register, and then post the passwords openly in a couple days for whoever else would like to join.

Jooser
07-28-2011, 07:29 PM
GOT IT D.

Jooser
07-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Ok, Jooser's Mt. Mama League is in full effect, all returning players who wish to join, please send me a PM. League settings will be identical with D Rock's league.

-Joos

D Rock
07-28-2011, 07:54 PM
I believe an email should have been sent to all the players from the league last year when I registered the new one.

Please let me know if you did not get it!

Feel free to join either league, as they are equal when all is said and done. There can only be ONE TRUE CHAMPION!

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
I believe an email should have been sent to all the players from the league last year when I registered the new one.

Please let me know if you did not get it!

Feel free to join either league, as they are equal when all is said and done. There can only be ONE TRUE CHAMPION!

Got your email. Tried to log on to the league page. Got the following message:

There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

I talked to AngryAsian. He got your e-mail too, and got the same message when he tried to log in as well.

See if you can figure it out and get back to me. Thanks.

D Rock
07-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I had the league set to 12 teams down from the previous 14, but invited everyone who had played last year.

I re-upped it to 14, so go ahead and try to register again and hopefully it will work. After we get leagues set we can maybe drop it to 12 again. I think 12 rather than 14 will make for better rosters.

Chadman
07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Offer accepted- The Kangaroos are officially the first team in Div 2...

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2011, 10:49 PM
That worked for me. I'm officially in. I'll let SecretAsianMan know about the change, so he should be joining us shortly as well.

AngryAsian
07-29-2011, 12:20 AM
In there like swimwear. Now we'll let the carnage begin. Beware of machete wielding asians.

D Rock
07-29-2011, 06:48 AM
I'll be leaving for the weekend around 5 PM this afternoon. Any returning players from last year have until then to join either the Planet Steelers division or Jooser's Mt. Mama League division before I post the password here and it is opened up to anyone who wants to play.

You should have gotten an email about the Planet Steelers Division, and you can PM Jooser for the password to the Mt. Mama League Division.

D Rock
07-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Current divisions in Planet Steelers league:

1:
Psycho Ward
Doctor Ruthless
D Rock 'em Sock 'em

2:
Manila Machetes
Steeler Fan in TO
Kangaroos of Khaos

Iron Shiek
07-29-2011, 07:21 AM
I'm in Division 1. You fools are screwed...

D Rock
07-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Alright folks it's fair game now to sign up for leagues.

League ID#: 245373
password: superbowlorbust

I have also decreased the max teams back down to 12 because I got that all figured out. There are 8 teams in the Planet Steelers division currently.

4 spots open here, and I don't know how many in Jooser's Mt. Mama's. Update?

Jooser
07-31-2011, 02:11 PM
ID# 247056
password: steelers1

So far, it's just me...LOL

kiwi_sarah
07-31-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm in again - you guys deserve at least one easy win each.

D Rock
07-31-2011, 07:21 PM
With Kiwi in, the Planet Steelers division is full with 12 teams signed up.

Anyone else who wants to play, we have 11 spots open in the Mt. Mama Division. See Jooser's last post for registration information!

RuthlessBurgher
07-31-2011, 09:18 PM

Awesome avatar kiwi! :lol:

SteelCrazy
07-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Since I was late responding to Planet Steelers league I'm in with you Jooser....

kiwi_sarah
08-01-2011, 06:26 AM

My photoshop skills know no bounds! [/sarcasm] :D

RuthlessBurgher
08-01-2011, 09:04 AM
[quote="kiwi_sarah":3a527fcd]I'm in again - you guys deserve at least one easy win each.

My photoshop skills know no bounds! [/sarcasm] :D[/quote:3a527fcd]

If you had my photoshop skills, you'd have ended up with the kiwi fruit instead (I think even I could handle a white oval with a Steeler logo in it). :wink:

kiwi_sarah
08-02-2011, 07:02 PM
[quote="kiwi_sarah":35cpn54d]I'm in again - you guys deserve at least one easy win each.

My photoshop skills know no bounds! [/sarcasm] :D

If you had my photoshop skills, you'd have ended up with the kiwi fruit instead (I think even I could handle a white oval with a Steeler logo in it). :wink:[/quote:35cpn54d]

lol - we can't all be that talented dude! I've come to terms with it. :)

Jooser
08-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Jooser's League so far, we need more folks...LET's GO!!!
Hatfields
- BLITZBURGH
- Toronto Steel
- Joose Piggs
McCoys
- Phillyesq
- The Crazies

Jooser
08-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Hey, also I need some input about the draft. Do yinz prefer a live draft or leave it to chance?

:?:

D Rock
08-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Hey, also I need some input about the draft. Do yinz prefer a live draft or leave it to chance?

:?:

I highly recommend a live draft, because if we are using independent defensive players (which I really think we should) then the Yahoo rankings are useless.

kiwi_sarah
08-03-2011, 07:06 AM
ohhhh god. IDP. I remember why this league scares me now.

Steelgal
08-04-2011, 08:08 PM
ID# 247056

Not to sound like an idiot, but where do I register at? Is there a link?

D Rock
08-04-2011, 09:49 PM
ID# 247056

Not to sound like an idiot, but where do I register at? Is there a link?

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

You'll need a yahoo account and go to the option to join a custom league, then use the info from Joosers post

Steelgal
08-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Jooser's League so far, we need more folks...LET's GO!!!
Hatfields
- BLITZBURGH
- Toronto Steel
- Joose Piggs
McCoys
- Phillyesq
- The Crazies

Just signed up. I'm InItToWinIt :tt2

Jooser
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Awesome name! Thanks for joining, we still have room folks. Sign up and play! LET'S GO!

TD386Steel
08-06-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm in

eniparadoxgma
08-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Whoa. Didn't think I got in but it looks like I did. So...when's the draft? :Cheers

Aha: Sun Aug 28 3:00pm EDT.

Steel Life
08-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I just signed up for Jooser's league...fashionably late but ready to have some fun.

Jooser
08-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Here's how we're looking so far....

Hatfields
- Sad Wings of Destiny
- Steel Lifers
- BLITZBURGH
- Toronto Steel
- Joose Piggs
McCoys
- Td386Steel
- Wicked Pixies
- InItToWinIt
- The Crazies
- Phillyesq

Still Room for 2 more, and I need some suggestions for the live draft, ie date and time...

-Joos

AngryAsian
08-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Are there anymore Asians on our board willing to infiltrate and dominate Jooses's league.... Would like an All-Asian Superbowl. :twisted:

ColumbusSteelerFan
08-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Here's how we're looking so far....

Hatfields
- Sad Wings of Destiny
- Steel Lifers
- BLITZBURGH
- Toronto Steel
- Joose Piggs
McCoys
- Td386Steel
- Wicked Pixies
- InItToWinIt
- The Crazies
- Phillyesq

Still Room for 2 more, and I need some suggestions for the live draft, ie date and time...

-Joos

Love the division names. My wife, who is originally from WV, is actually related to both the Hatfields and McCoys. Long story, but true. Anyway, looking forward to the draft and hopefully getting a decent team this year.

Jooser
08-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Thanks CSF, glad you like. We now have 1 more slot open, so anyone thinking of joining should hop on board quickly.

Right now, I'm leaning towards a late August draft, probably a Sunday evening around 7~ish. Thoughts?

Jooser
08-09-2011, 03:46 AM
Sat Aug 27 10:45pm EDT

Here's a preliminary date/time for the Mt. Mama League live draft. I can change it, but please bear in mind that certain days/times aren't available any more because of high demand. If we do a Sunday draft, it looks like it will have to be in the A.M. Please look at your calenders and give me some feed back. Thanks.

-Joos

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/747751550_l.gif

steelz09
08-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Joos,

I just signed up. Team name: Steelz McGrillz

Sorry Floyd but I'm not Asian. But we can compromise.... If I win, from now on, I'll just pretend that I'm Asian and we'll have fantasy football world domination. :lol:

Jooser
08-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Welcome aboard my man. So that's it - here's a run down of teams and divisions:

Hatfields
- Steel Lifers
- Pirates
- Sad Wings of Destiny
- Toronto Steel
- BLITZBURGH
- Joose Piggs
McCoys
- Td386Steel
- Wicked Pixies
- Steelz McGrillz
- InItToWinIt
- The Crazies
- Phillyesq

I still need feedback on the draft day, hoping that the current day/time are ok.

-Joos :tt2

Jooser
08-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Sun Aug 28 6:00pm EDT - LIVE DRAFT Mt. Mama League

This is the date/time that I have recently applied for. I'll let everyone know if it's approved.

-Joos

Jooser
08-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Well, I'm having no luck at all reserving a time slot for the draft, as it stands now, it's giving us Sunday, August 28th @ 3 pm.

D Rock
08-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Well, I'm having no luck at all reserving a time slot for the draft, as it stands now, it's giving us Sunday, August 28th @ 3 pm.

That's the same time our draft is. So that works out well in a weird way.

Jooser
08-17-2011, 12:28 AM
:Cheers

Jooser
08-17-2011, 02:21 AM
The Teams have been finalized for Jooser's Mt. Mama League. The draft order has been randomly set as follows:

Round 1
1. InItToWinIt
2. BLITZBURGH
3. The Crazies
4. Sad Wings of...
5. Joose Piggs
6. Td386Steel
7. Phillyesq
8. Steelz McGrillz
9. Wicked Pixies
10. Steel Lifers
11. Toronto Steel
12. Pirates

The order will then reverse back and forth through subsequent rounds until the draft is complete. Congrats to Steelgal, you'll be on the clock first!

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Steelgal, congrats on getting the RuthlessBurgher pole position in your draft! Now that you know you have first choice to get anyone, which way are you leaning with that top pick?

While Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson have proven they can get the job done over time, I'm leaning toward Arian Foster right now. Although he may have been a one year wonder, you simply can't ignore that he hit the fantasy trifecta for running backs last year (most rushing yards: 1616, most receiving yards by a RB: 604, and most TD's: 18).

You also know that they cannot key on him when you also have Matt Schaub throwing to Andre Johnson in that offense (whereas All Day and CJ2K have to deal with a steady diet of 8-9 men in the box...although the Vikes and Titans picking up vets like McNabb and Hasselbeck is better than them starting Ponder and Locker as rookies, I still prefer the established offense in Houston to teams in transition like Minnesota and Tennessee).

Chadman
08-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Say it with me Ruthless...

J
A
N
I
K
O
S
K
I

steelz09
08-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Joos - Not sure if you've heard back from anyone else but that time works for me.

Chadman
08-17-2011, 10:43 PM
To all those picking early (or earlier than me lets say)- I hear that Limas Sweed is looking to have a big year. Might want to jump on him early before the lower draftee's get a sniff...just sayin'...

JAR
08-22-2011, 11:55 AM
OK, there is a chance I may not make the draft... using the defensive players is throwing me for a loop. At what number should I start ranking them just in case I'm not around to pick? Kickers and TEs are still ranked in the 200s, if I don't rank defensive players before number 228 (12 teams, 19 players each=228 total) do I not get any auto picked for me?

Thanks!

D Rock
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Here is how I believe it to work (I did some searching on Yahoo for answers):

The autodraft will fill your roster as needed. You wont end up with 9 RBs and zero defensive players. It will fill all your starter positions before getting any bench guys.

Basically it will take your highest ranked player and draft them, unless that starting position is filled. It will do this for all your starting positions. From there it will begin to use your rankings to fill bench spots, but the system has some code written in so that bench spots are proportional to starting spots.

We use:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 RB/WR
1 TE

1 K
1 DEF (team defense)

1 DL
1 LB
1 DB
1 D (any defensive player at any position)

That's 13 starters, and 7 bench players for a roster of 20.

Your team won't draft a 2nd QB or TE, or more than a 3rd of either RB or WR (with 2 of the other), until the 14th round at the earliest after getting a K, DEF, and 4 IDP guys.

Using an autodraft ranking that is well set up should get you a good starting lineup. You will likely draft K, DEF, and IDP earlier than many other people might. It's basically a trade off between having your choice of top offensive bench guys or top starting IDP and specialty guys.

I would expect with 7 bench players you might get something like...2 extra QBs, 1/2 RB and WR, a TE, and an IDP guy. I imagine if you rank all the offensive guys above IDP guys you may get no extra IDP, K, or DEF beyond the starting spot.

JAR
08-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Here is how I believe it to work (I did some searching on Yahoo for answers):

The autodraft will fill your roster as needed. You wont end up with 9 RBs and zero defensive players. It will fill all your starter positions before getting any bench guys.

Basically it will take your highest ranked player and draft them, unless that starting position is filled. It will do this for all your starting positions. From there it will begin to use your rankings to fill bench spots, but the system has some code written in so that bench spots are proportional to starting spots.

We use:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 RB/WR
1 TE

1 K
1 DEF (team defense)

1 DL
1 LB
1 DB
1 D (any defensive player at any position)

That's 13 starters, and 7 bench players for a roster of 20.

Your team won't draft a 2nd QB or TE, or more than a 3rd of either RB or WR (with 2 of the other), until the 14th round at the earliest after getting a K, DEF, and 4 IDP guys.

Using an autodraft ranking that is well set up should get you a good starting lineup. You will likely draft K, DEF, and IDP earlier than many other people might. It's basically a trade off between having your choice of top offensive bench guys or top starting IDP and specialty guys.

I would expect with 7 bench players you might get something like...2 extra QBs, 1/2 RB and WR, a TE, and an IDP guy. I imagine if you rank all the offensive guys above IDP guys you may get no extra IDP, K, or DEF beyond the starting spot.

Great! That's what I was hoping. Thanks....

Steelgal
08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Steelgal, congrats on getting the RuthlessBurgher pole position in your draft! Now that you know you have first choice to get anyone, which way are you leaning with that top pick?

While Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson have proven they can get the job done over time, I'm leaning toward Arian Foster right now. Although he may have been a one year wonder, you simply can't ignore that he hit the fantasy trifecta for running backs last year (most rushing yards: 1616, most receiving yards by a RB: 604, and most TD's: 18).

You also know that they cannot key on him when you also have Matt Schaub throwing to Andre Johnson in that offense (whereas All Day and CJ2K have to deal with a steady diet of 8-9 men in the box...although the Vikes and Titans picking up vets like McNabb and Hasselbeck is better than them starting Ponder and Locker as rookies, I still prefer the established offense in Houston to teams in transition like Minnesota and Tennessee).

Man, talk about pressure..... I've only played fantasy once, last year, and it was an all-female league so it wasn't that difficult. A few of the players never changed their roster from week to week.

There's a chance I won't be able to make the draft, so will have to rank my players accordingly. Better figure that out now.

Definately not taking Chris Johnson, due to his holdout situation. It's been Foster and Peterson. any advice is welcomed, except for those I'm playing against in my league. You wouldn't give me 'bad' advice, would ya :lol:

D Rock
08-23-2011, 02:03 PM

Man, talk about pressure..... I've only played fantasy once, last year, and it was an all-female league so it wasn't that difficult. A few of the players never changed their roster from week to week.

There's a chance I won't be able to make the draft, so will have to rank my players accordingly. Better figure that out now.

Definately not taking Chris Johnson, due to his holdout situation. It's been Foster and Peterson. any advice is welcomed, except for those I'm playing against in my league. You wouldn't give me 'bad' advice, would ya :lol:

I'd have to lean towards Peterson between the two. He's a proven commodity. Sure Foster had a great year, but he's also been a bit banged up and lost his fullback. I don't think you can really go wrong with either at this point though.

Jooser
08-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Sun Aug 28 6:00pm EDT

This is the time/date that Yahoo! is now showing for our Mt. Mama LEague Draft. It's changed a couple of times without my input, so I'm not sure why. But, as of now, this is our scheduled draft time. I DO NOT plan on moving it. I'm hoping that Yahoo! sticks with this and doesn't move it again. Plan on being there at least 10 minutes early and run the test to make sure your system is compatible. Good Luck everyone.

-Joos

Steelgal
08-24-2011, 09:18 AM
First of all let me say, I feel like an idiot, but I need some help.

I had to create a yahoo account, but didn't write down the information. totally unlike me. I tried several times yesterday to have my username/password emailed to me but it keeps saying the information doesn't match that I originally provided. I have no idea what to do, as I can't logon. I don't know how this whole thing works behind the scenes, but if I can't access the account I signed up with, can I create a new account? Or since I'm already a part of the league, with the draft set up, am I just locked out totally all season?

thanks for any help you can give me.

D Rock
08-24-2011, 12:44 PM
are you in the Mt. Mama league or the Planet Steelers league?

If, when you registered, you didn't mark it as hiding your email, then either myself of Jooser should be able to see that and at least tell you what your username is. With that I expect you can get your password.

Otherwise, I think we can probably remove you from the league and then you can possibly re-join. No idea how that would effect draft orders or anything though if we were able to do that.

Steelgal
08-24-2011, 01:15 PM
are you in the Mt. Mama league or the Planet Steelers league?

If, when you registered, you didn't mark it as hiding your email, then either myself of Jooser should be able to see that and at least tell you what your username is. With that I expect you can get your password.

Otherwise, I think we can probably remove you from the league and then you can possibly re-join. No idea how that would effect draft orders or anything though if we were able to do that.

I'm in the Mt. Mama league. I doubt I hid my email, but who knows. Hopefully Jooser will be able to look up my username or email. thanks for the reply!

Jooser
08-25-2011, 12:05 AM
PM sent your way SG....

Steelgal
08-25-2011, 11:40 AM
PM sent your way SG....

did you send it? I haven't gotton anything yet. sorry to be a pain.

JAR
08-25-2011, 10:00 PM
First of all let me say, I feel like an idiot, but I need some help.

I had to create a yahoo account, but didn't write down the information. totally unlike me. I tried several times yesterday to have my username/password emailed to me but it keeps saying the information doesn't match that I originally provided. I have no idea what to do, as I can't logon. I don't know how this whole thing works behind the scenes, but if I can't access the account I signed up with, can I create a new account? Or since I'm already a part of the league, with the draft set up, am I just locked out totally all season?

thanks for any help you can give me.

That happened to me last year, late in the season. New PC, forgot password and secret answer... I was locked out for the rest of the season... not that it really mattered any way..

Jooser
08-25-2011, 11:37 PM
PM sent your way SG....

Yep, sent it again. I can only see your username, but not your password. I also sent it to whatever email address you used for that account. I suggest you use that username and request your password by simply trying to log in to Yahoo first. You should have provided Yahoo with an alternate email address that they can send your password to.

D Rock
08-26-2011, 01:03 AM
PM sent your way SG....

Yep, sent it again. I can only see your username, but not your password. I also sent it to whatever email address you used for that account. I suggest you use that username and request your password by simply trying to log in to Yahoo first. You should have provided Yahoo with an alternate email address that they can send your password to.

Yeah, that was my thought on it. If Jooser can see the username and associated email, then Steelgal should be able to use that to at least request for her password to be sent to the primary email she uses if she listed that as the alternate email for the account.

Steelgal
08-26-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm logged on. Woohooo!!!! Thanks Jooser for helping me. I would have never figured it out.

Now time to figure out who to take with the first pick :tt2

Steelgal
08-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Is there an order in which players should be taken in certain rounds? Last year I played in an all girl league and a few never logged on to change their rosters each week. Wasn't exactly stiff competition. this is the 2nd year I've played and the draft is Sunday. I know running back is my first pick. But should QB or RB be my second pick in the 2nd round?

There's a chance I won't be there for the draft, so I want to work on my yahoo rankings today and get them set correctly. Already have 8-9 players not to draft. Thanks!!

D Rock
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Is there an order in which players should be taken in certain rounds? Last year I played in an all girl league and a few never logged on to change their rosters each week. Wasn't exactly stiff competition. this is the 2nd year I've played and the draft is Sunday. I know running back is my first pick. But should QB or RB be my second pick in the 2nd round?

There's a chance I won't be there for the draft, so I want to work on my yahoo rankings today and get them set correctly. Already have 8-9 players not to draft. Thanks!!

Check your PMs. Since your in the other league, I'll give you the 'D Rock Guide to yahoo drafting' for free.

Jooser
08-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm logged on. Woohooo!!!! Thanks Jooser for helping me. I would have never figured it out.

Now time to figure out who to take with the first pick :tt2

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/10.gif

eniparadoxgma
08-27-2011, 07:15 PM
As has been the case for every FF league I've been in but one, I won't be able to make the draft. Oh well. I seem to do alright with the auto-draft. Game on! :Beer

Iron Shiek
08-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Man it worked out perfect for me. My wedding was in cincy last night and we drove back to cbus just now and my awesome new wife drove so i could draft. But the phone wasnt very conducive to drafting. I like my team though. Took alot of gambles. How did troy last so long!? He get hurt last night or something?

D Rock
08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
just so everyone knows, there is no waiver wire period. I was wrong on that one.

All undrafted players are available to add immediately

Chadman
08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Should we start up a discussion thread on the FF Comp? You know, so I can keep telling you about how great my draft went?

No obvious weakness in my team this year- might not 100+ roster changes!

Steelgal
08-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Had to go the auto-draft as well. Was in Indy at soccer games all day. Pretty happy with my draft. just made 4 moves though on the waiver wire. Last year our yahoo league didnt do anything with defense, so that's new to me. Just had a team defense, no individual players. My match-up week one looks pretty tough though. Looks to be one of the toughest teams I could face.

Looking forward to the season!

D Rock
08-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Had to go the auto-draft as well. Was in Indy at soccer games all day. Pretty happy with my draft. just made 4 moves though on the waiver wire. Last year our yahoo league didnt do anything with defense, so that's new to me. Just had a team defense, no individual players. My match-up week one looks pretty tough though. Looks to be one of the toughest teams I could face.

Looking forward to the season!

post up your team in the draft review thread, if you dare!

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Man it worked out perfect for me. My wedding was in cincy last night and we drove back to cbus just now and my awesome new wife drove so i could draft. But the phone wasnt very conducive to drafting. I like my team though. Took alot of gambles. How did troy last so long!? He get hurt last night or something?

Congrats, Shieky! You apparently got a good one if she volunteered to drive so you could try to draft on your phone. Judging by your crap team, though, you probably should have been driving and let her draft your team...you'd have a better shot! :lol:

And the smack talk begins...and in a congratulatory wedding reply nonetheless...there is no honeymoon period in fantasy football. :mrgreen:

Iron Shiek
08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I knew someone would make that joke, and I should've bet money it would be you Ruthless.

Thanks. I'm in cancun right now, so my team is back home running the asylum. They better be ready to play come week 1, I'm gonna put a hurtin' on somebody. Watch the eff out!

Chadman
09-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Great....just great...

Probably won't get another week like this out of Sproles in a while- and where is he?

Yeah, that's right- on my bench.

:HeadBanger

kiwi_sarah
09-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Great....just great...

Probably won't get another week like this out of Sproles in a while- and where is he?

Yeah, that's right- on my bench.

ouch!

D Rock
09-12-2011, 01:25 PM
I checked in on my matchup with Ruthless last night, and I was down 93-88. 5 pts for Jerod Mayo and I win. I'm feeling good.

I come back this morning at I'm down 93-86. crap, but I can still get 7 from Mayo.

Now I check in at lunch at I'm down 95-85. These point adjustments are not being kind to me.

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I checked in on my matchup with Ruthless last night, and I was down 93-88. 5 pts for Jerod Mayo and I win. I'm feeling good.

I come back this morning at I'm down 93-86. crap, but I can still get 7 from Mayo.

Now I check in at lunch at I'm down 95-85. These point adjustments are not being kind to me.

You sure got lucky with the Sean Lee instant replay reversal where the Cowboys got the ball at the 1 yard line after his INT instead of a TD. If that play stands as called (and I didn't see an angle that gave definitive proof), then I would have 6 more points for my Dallas D, and you'd have 6 less points for Felix Jones.

D Rock
09-12-2011, 02:18 PM

You sure got lucky with the Sean Lee instant replay reversal where the Cowboys got the ball at the 1 yard line after his INT instead of a TD. If that play stands as called (and I didn't see an angle that gave definitive proof), then I would have 6 more points for my Dallas D, and you'd have 6 less points for Felix Jones.

All I saw was the last couple minutes of that game. I had no idea that happened. I like it tho!

D Rock
09-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I looked into it a bit...the points I lost were because Felix Jones got hit with -4 yards and a fumble on the last play when they started lateraling everywhere.

Darn.

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Looks like Mayo got you 3.75, so none of the point adjustments really mattered anyway.

Jooser
09-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Mt. Mama League

Week 1 Results:

Joose Piggs 128.55 Final
Toronto Steel 110.28

The Crazies 73.92 Final
Urban Achievers 156.52

BLITZBURGH 120.01 Final
Steel Lifers 98.28

InItToWinIt 115.55 Final
Wicked Pixies 92.39

Sad Wings of Destiny 78.13 Final
Pirates 123.02

Td386Steel 82.59 Final
Steelz McGrillz 119.46

Congrats to the Urban Achievers for achieving the week's high score!

phillyesq
09-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Mt. Mama League

Week 1 Results:

Joose Piggs 128.55 Final
Toronto Steel 110.28

The Crazies 73.92 Final
Urban Achievers 156.52

BLITZBURGH 120.01 Final
Steel Lifers 98.28

InItToWinIt 115.55 Final
Wicked Pixies 92.39

Pirates 123.02

Td386Steel 82.59 Final
Steelz McGrillz 119.46

Week one was a nice win, perhpas the first time I've ever doubled up an opponent. I just hope that, unlike the ravens, I didn't peak in week 1.

Jooser
09-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Mt. Mama League

Week 1 Results:

Joose Piggs 128.55 Final
Toronto Steel 110.28

The Crazies 73.92 Final
Urban Achievers 156.52

BLITZBURGH 120.01 Final
Steel Lifers 98.28

InItToWinIt 115.55 Final
Wicked Pixies 92.39

Pirates 123.02

Td386Steel 82.59 Final
Steelz McGrillz 119.46

Week one was a nice win, perhpas the first time I've ever doubled up an opponent. I just hope that, unlike the ravens, I didn't peak in week 1.

Well played Sir! :D :Clap

Chadman
09-19-2011, 12:09 AM
I mean, really- can ANYONE stop the Kangaroos of Khaos?

Iron Shiek
09-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Where you at ruthless!

My best players aren't even performing and i whipped you..

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Where you at ruthless!

My best players aren't even performing and i whipped you..

When your kicker more than doubles the combined point total for both of your starting RB's, it's time to pack it in. :?

D Rock
09-24-2011, 07:02 PM
I put in a claim for Romo. I either got hosed by Yahoo and they gave him to Ruthless cuz they feel bad for him, or I got iPhoned and bumped the cancel waiver claim link when I didn't mean to because I'm terrible with smart phones and touch screens. If only I could figure out which it was...

Chadman
09-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Blame Ruthless.

Always...blame Ruthless.

Other than that- I can't figure out how you missed on him.

Iron Shiek
09-25-2011, 11:08 PM
D ROCK...U Mad Bro?

You can't be pi$$ed that I just beat you because of that awesome play by Troy. But that is a crappy way to lose, i'll give you that. I've had plenty of bad beats similar to this (and much worse even).

Go Steelers!

D Rock
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
D ROCK...U Mad Bro?

You can't be pi$$ed that I just beat you because of that awesome play by Troy. But that is a crappy way to lose, i'll give you that. I've had plenty of bad beats similar to this (and much worse even).

Go Steelers!

That depends what happens the rest of the way. Steelers win and I'm good. If they blow that play and lose, I'm extra angry.

I had a feeling a Troy TD was coming though after the near miss last week.

Iron Shiek
09-25-2011, 11:17 PM
well i'm glad we got it, but now i'm pi$$ed that the defense couldn't stop them.

this is getting ridiculous.

JAR
09-27-2011, 08:08 AM
My team sucks...Rivers, Turner...bleh...

Jooser
09-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Mt. Mama League Week 3 Results:

Joose Piggs 119.39 Final
Sad Wings of Destiny 89.95

The Crazies 113.09 Final
Td386Steel 91.70

Toronto Steel 108.77 Final
Steel Lifers 145.35

Urban Achievers 105.14 Final
Wicked Pixies 90.12

BLITZBURGH 75.16 Final
Pirates 121.27

InItToWinIt 119.62 Final
Steelz McGrillz 86.76

D Rock
09-27-2011, 11:10 AM
PLANET STEELERS LEAGUE UPDATE

phillyesq
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
I wanted to bring everybody an update from Jooser's Mountain Mama League.

Heading into last week, Jooser picked up the Titans D to face the Steelers. :wft As his punishment for intentionally going against the Black and Gold, Jooser was saddled with his first loss of the season as the Titans D actually lost him a point.

RuthlessBurgher
10-11-2011, 01:15 PM
I wanted to bring everybody an update from Jooser's Mountain Mama League.

Heading into last week, Jooser picked up the Titans D to face the Steelers. :wft As his punishment for intentionally going against the Black and Gold, Jooser was saddled with his first loss of the season as the Titans D actually lost him a point.

Bad, bad juju... :nono

I purposefully benched both Foster (even though he was finally healthy) and Schaub last week against the Steelers in our league (even though I fully expected Foster to go off, which he did, of course), but I still won anyway, and now have sole possession of first place in our league (that's good, good juju).

In my money league last week with guys at work, I have Foster and his handcuff Ben Tate, and benched them both (putting in Mario "1 fantasy point" Manningham at flex instead). If I had used Foster and his gajillion points instead of Manningham and his 1 point, I would have won (beating the undefeated league leader in the process). Alas, karma paid me back this week with a league-high score, moving me into a tie for the last "in the money" playoff spot after a poor start (and a head-to-head matchup with the guy I'm tied with upcoming next week).

The lesson, as always: Don't start fantasy players going up against the Steelers (unless you are handcuffed during bye weeks and have absolutely no other choice) or else risk having the fantasy karma gods wreaking havoc with your squad.

Jooser
10-12-2011, 02:48 AM
LOL, guilty as charged. ...and may I add, Lesson Learned! DANGIT!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/refs.gif

I suppose I should be flagged for Unsportsman Like Conduct.

D Rock
10-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Planet Steelers League standings after week 6:

eniparadoxgma
10-18-2011, 02:11 PM
I was down 25 points going into last night's game with only my kicker and defense playing...

...and then won by half a point. :tt2

(man I hope I don't get screwed by stat corrections)

D Rock
11-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I hate fantasy football! :evil: :evil: :evil:

eniparadoxgma
11-15-2011, 03:23 PM

I hate it even more!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2011, 01:36 PM

I hate it even more!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I kinda like it, actually (9-1, clinched a playoff spot...even before the 8-1 Niners in the NFC West). :D

Of course, in my other league, where there is actually large money pot instead of just bragging rights at stake, my total points scored is among the league leaders. However, my points against is by far the most in league, meaning that I am 2nd-to-last in the league and out of playoff contention instead of right in the mix for the money (my 3-7 team has scored more points this season than a 7-3 and a 6-4 team, but I've had 1111.8 points scored against me while they have 819.8 and 951.3 scored against them, respectively). I just always seem to draw the highest scorer each week. And the strange this is that both rosters for these two leagues are eerily similar...I start Arian Foster and Marshawn Lynch at RB, Mike Wallace at WR, and Jermichael Finley at TE in both leagues, but one team is 9-1 and the other is 3-7. Go figure.

JAR
11-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Watch out...ToeJam.. 4 straight wins, moving in for the kill! :)

D Rock
11-17-2011, 11:38 PM

just don't forget your password!

JAR
11-18-2011, 04:41 PM

Yeah, that sucked last year. Have this one memorized forever.

RuthlessBurgher
11-18-2011, 04:47 PM

1-2-3-4-5.

That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life!

The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

:lol:

JAR
11-28-2011, 11:45 AM

1-2-3-4-5.

Looks like karma could get you for the above comments Ruth... does Nicks have 22 points in him?

Oh and by the way, my password wasn't that easy..I think it was more like, abc123. :)

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2011, 01:36 PM

1-2-3-4-5.

Looks like karma could get you for the above comments Ruth... does Nicks have 22 points in him?

Oh and by the way, my password wasn't that easy..I think it was more like, abc123. :)

Never doubt the power of Spaceballs. I'll use the Schwartz...

D Rock
11-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Here we are going into the last week of the season, and the playoff field for the PLANET STEELERS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE is far from decided.

Ruthless is in as the top seed with Chadman's Kangaroos having a spot secured. Asian is a near lock to make it based on the total points scored during the course of the season.

That leaves three spots to be claimed between Psycho Ward, myself, JAR (toejam), Shiek, Smash, SFinTO, and the Kiwis.

Yep, with one week to go, only eniparadoxgma's DTFs and the Hostile Squirrels are mathematically eliminated...although Shiek, Kiwi, and Smash are all heavily behind and needing both a win and very large point differentials to make their move.

AngryAsian
12-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Six weeks ago I was 1-5 and in the #12 spot, now if those pesky kangaroos were to lose this week and I were to rattle off my 7th straight win, I'll secure the number 2 spot and a first round bye. Awesome.

D Rock
12-04-2011, 12:43 PM
you and ToeJam have both had incredible runs down the back half of this season. And to think that after week six when Jam was sitting at 0-6, I tried to make some trades with him but he held tight and believed in his team the way it was.

Pretty darn impressive.

Iron Shiek
12-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Our division is crazy close. Doesn't look like I'm gonna sneak in due to tiebreakers...but I tried my best with the injuries and general crappiness I drafted.

D Rock
12-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Our division is crazy close. Doesn't look like I'm gonna sneak in due to tiebreakers...but I tried my best with the injuries and general crappiness I drafted.

With stat adjustments still to come overnight, as it stands now here is the 6 team playoff field:

1 - A very Ruthless CBA Negotiator, keeping the league on lock down most of the season
2 - Chadman's Kangaroos, staying on top while living down under
3 - Asians wielding Machetes and taking home field advantage into round 1 - Welcome to Manilla
4 - The Steeler fan who resides inside Terrell Owens' stomach
5 - Commissioner D Rock looking to Rock 'em and Sock 'em to a championship rematch with the Negotiator
6 - Psycho Ward, the man who will be playing a Thrilla against Manilla and looking to make his next three rounds better than his last three rounds

Congrats to all for making it to the real season! Good Luck!

Chadman
12-06-2011, 01:27 AM
With so many teams, this is a really tough competition. It only takes an injury or two & your season could be derailed easily.

Good luck to the rest of you. Don't feel bad when the Kangaroo's show you how it's done.

Again.

JAR
12-06-2011, 11:16 AM
The one time I put Rivers on the bench, he decides to have a good game. I knew that was going to happen. Congrats Rock and the rest of you... I almost pulled it off .......... 2 points!

D Rock
12-06-2011, 12:07 PM
The one time I put Rivers on the bench, he decides to have a good game. I knew that was going to happen. Congrats Rock and the rest of you... I almost pulled it off .......... 2 points!

I didn't think there was any way I was going to cover that spread going in to the game. Thankfully MJD finally is getting involved in their passing game.

I believe I would have been okay anyways with Shiek's win over Psycho Ward and me taking the tie breaker, but it's nice not to have to limp in on a bad losing streak.

JAR
12-08-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't get it, how did all of division 2 make the playoffs, even some with worse records?

http://i.imgur.com/oS2Nn.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I think they just threw together some meaningless consolation matchups (I assume those teams should be allowed to set their lineups, but any add/drops by teams eliminated from the playoffs typically isn't considered to be kosher).

There are only 6 teams in the playoffs.

The winner of the D Rock/T.O. matchup should play me in round 2, and the winner of the Psycho/Manila matchup should face the Kangaroo next.

D Rock
12-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah it's got a consolation bracket added in. I guess playing for 7th place.

Shiek and ToeJam have byes this week in the consolation side.

D Rock
12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
I also had the setting "Lock eliminated teams" turned on, so anyone outside of the top 6 should now be unable to make roster moves beyond setting their lineup.

JAR
12-08-2011, 03:02 PM

I feel so consoled. :P

Iron Shiek
12-11-2011, 10:37 PM

I feel so consoled. :P

Ha no kidding...getting a bye in the losers bracket is like getting....never mind. I had something typed that would probably make people puke, so I deleted it.

Anyway, those in the winners bracket better watch out for d rock. 180!? That's an aswhippin.

Chadman
12-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Why should Chadman be concerned?

It's not like his only QB on the roster has a high ankle sprain & is in doubt for the next game or anything...

D Rock
12-11-2011, 11:53 PM
The one Sunday I'm away from my computer and any contact with fantasy football for the day and I come home to 180 pts.

Time to get superstitious!

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2011, 11:08 AM
192.67 points even after Murray and Tuck get injured early in their game and combine for only 2.68 points. Impressive! You came oh-so-close to that elusive 100 point win.

Chadman
12-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Conundrum time...Ben is day-to-day & my now newly aquired back-up QB is the illustrious Rex Grossman....with Ben in, Chadman is feeling pretty good, but with Rex in...not so good...and the decision will need to be made on Sunday which way to go- not monday....

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Conundrum time...Ben is day-to-day & my now newly aquired back-up QB is the illustrious Rex Grossman....with Ben in, Chadman is feeling pretty good, but with Rex in...not so good...and the decision will need to be made on Sunday which way to go- not monday....

If you wait for Ben, and he ultimately can't go, couldn't you just pick up Batch at the last minute and hope for at least one bomb to Wallace for a TD? (unless of course, your opponent decides to screw you by snatching up Batch and letting him linger on the bench so you can't have him).

Chadman
12-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Nice start-picked up Felix Jones a few weeks back when he was out injured...now he's the Cowboys bell-cow. Nice 140 odd yards today.

Have decided to play the 'safe' option & play Grossman, sitting Ben. At least Rex is against the surprisingly bad Giants.

pfelix73
12-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Another season is winding up and it looks as though today is my final game... Looking like I'll take 5th place this year..Much improved over last year.

Congrats to everyone! I'll definitely be in this one next year too....

Go Steelers! Time to start climbing that stairway to 7......

:tt1

Chadman
12-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Flexing a little FF muscle here...looks like Chadman's Kangaroo's of Khaos will be pitted against Clueless Negotiators for the trophy..

phillyesq
12-19-2011, 11:59 AM
In Jooser's league, it looks like it is going to be my very own Urban Achievers vs. the Steel Lifers, barring a huge game from Mike Wallace or Antonio Brown.

My team really has no business still being alive. My opening day lineup included Andrew Johnson, Greg Jennings and Kenny Britt. I'm now basically throwing a bunch of homeless guys out there at WR and hoping to get lucky.

D Rock
12-19-2011, 01:14 PM
It looks as though it will be chadman vs ruthless for the Planet Steelers division championship

Don't forget though folks....next weeks championship scores also determine the overall winner, as the league champion with the higher score takes the ULTIMATE PLANET STEELERS CHAMPIONSHIP

I'll post up the gametime rosters next week for the PS league championship game, and hopefully Jooser or someone from the Mt. Mama League will do the same.

We may end up with two teams playing each other for the title who have the same players.

Steelgal
12-19-2011, 06:33 PM
In Jooser's league, it looks like it is going to be my very own Urban Achievers vs. the Steel Lifers, barring a huge game from Mike Wallace or Antonio Brown.

My team really has no business still being alive. My opening day lineup included Andrew Johnson, Greg Jennings and Kenny Britt. I'm now basically throwing a bunch of homeless guys out there at WR and hoping to get lucky.

The stupid Seahags defense killed me this week. Who would have thought they'd score 30 points :shock: . Also Donald brown had to have a season high 18 points as running back. Yet another reason to not like the Colts.

DrCalculus
12-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Amazing how one play can turn a game. My WR Wes Welker catches a pass over the middle and is touched as he slides forward into the endzone and marked down at the 2 instead of getting the TD. Next play, Chadman's Aaron Hernandez catches a 2 yd TD pass from Brady.

If the Bronco defender doesn't get a hand on Welker, he scores, there is no subsequent pass play to Hernandez, that's a 12 point swing on the score, not including the piddling yardage points, and instead of winning by 6 Chadman loses by 6 and a 6-7 team is in the championship game.

Congrats, Chadman, you FINALLY beat me. :)

Chadman
12-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Amazing how one play can turn a game. My WR Wes Welker catches a pass over the middle and is touched as he slides forward into the endzone and marked down at the 2 instead of getting the TD. Next play, Chadman's Aaron Hernandez catches a 2 yd TD pass from Brady.

If the Bronco defender doesn't get a hand on Welker, he scores, there is no subsequent pass play to Hernandez, that's a 12 point swing on the score, not including the piddling yardage points, and instead of winning by 6 Chadman loses by 6 and a 6-7 team is in the championship game.

Congrats, Chadman, you FINALLY beat me. :)

Had to happen eventually....thought Chadman was toast with Ben's injury...

phillyesq
12-22-2011, 01:17 PM
It looks as though it will be chadman vs ruthless for the Planet Steelers division championship

Don't forget though folks....next weeks championship scores also determine the overall winner, as the league champion with the higher score takes the ULTIMATE PLANET STEELERS CHAMPIONSHIP

I'll post up the gametime rosters next week for the PS league championship game, and hopefully Jooser or someone from the Mt. Mama League will do the same.

We may end up with two teams playing each other for the title who have the same players.

I can post rosters from the Mt. Mama League as soon as I decide which crappy receivers I'm starting. With options like D. Thomas and Heyward-Bey straight from the waiver wire added to a stable of Crabtree and L. Robinson, the possibilities are seemingly endless. And all terrible.

Chadman
12-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Not feeling confident here...Ben likely to not play...Rex gets Game #2....D Thomas & The Tim Tebow Foundation going for 4 straight good games...Felix Jones....

Well, it's been a ride..

Chadman
12-23-2011, 05:22 AM
And Arian Foster Race has just made it a little harder...

RuthlessBurgher
12-23-2011, 10:29 AM
And Arian Foster Race has just made it a little harder...

That Colts-Texans game worked out perfectly for me last night. Foster gets 174 yards from scrimmage and a TD, but the 10 win Texans still lose to a 1 win Colts team (first time that ever happened in league history), which could help us get a first round bye in the playoffs if we win out and the Ravens lose once more.

Chadman
12-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Haha...you want a close game?

Try 0.01 point difference in favour of Ruthless with 1 player each on Monday night...Sproles for Chadman, Finlay for Ruthless....

RuthlessBurgher
12-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Impressive...

Of course, Finley played last night and put up an 8 spot, so Sproles has to beat 8 (8.00 loses, 8.01 ties, 8.02 wins) on MNF tonight.

This was not the best weak for a couple of stud wideouts (Steve Smith and Hakeem Nicks) to put up less than 3 points a piece and for Tony Romo and his swollen (but not broken) hand to visit the goose egg lounge :HeadBanger . When the Batch-to-Wallace TD pass was reversed and placed at the 1 instead, I thought that my fantasy squad might regret the loss of those 6 points, and alas, it may in fact come to pass. Go Falcons D!

Chadman
12-27-2011, 12:27 AM
And so, dear Steeler friends, it came to pass that Chadman's Kangaroos of Khaos reached the giddy heights of supremecy, and lo, but it was good...

D Rock
12-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Chadman has defeated Ruthless for the Planet Steelers division championship with a score of 104.81.

If someone could please post the results of the Mt. Mama division and we can crown the

Overall Grand Champion Of All Things Planet Steelers Fantasy Football Related

ColumbusSteelerFan
12-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Here's the results from the Mt. Mama league. After a dismal 2-11 season for me, the Consolation bracket winner would've been nice, but Brees just HAD to throw that TD to Sproles at the end of the game, didn't he? :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
12-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Congrats Kangaroos of Khaos and Steel Lifers! Well played, sirs!

Chadman
12-27-2011, 12:59 PM

Thanks Ruthless.... who'd have thunk Rex Grossman would beat you in the final, huh?

RuthlessBurgher
12-27-2011, 02:11 PM

Thanks Ruthless.... who'd have thunk Rex Grossman would beat you in the final, huh?

I'm sure Rex will cherish this fantasy championship for the remainder of his years (since that is the only championship he'll get).

At least you knew in advance that Roethlisberger was going to net you a bagel (unlike me with Romo). :HeadBanger

phillyesq
12-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Here's the results from the Mt. Mama league. After a dismal 2-11 season for me, the Consolation bracket winner would've been nice, but Brees just HAD to throw that TD to Sproles at the end of the game, didn't he? :HeadBanger

Congrats to the Steel Lifers for knocking me off in the finals. I made a few roster decisions that turned out poorly (leaving R. Wayne and B. Pettigrew on the bench and starting Witten and Laurent Robinson), but even had I played it differently, I simply didn't have the firepower I needed without Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings and Kenny Britt. Luck carried my team further than it should have.

Congrats Lifers, and congrats also to Chadman.

Steel Life
12-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Congrats Philly for a great season...I had my doubts I could pull it out when injuries started to pile up & there were NO RBs left - thanks be to the football gods that everyone I had consistently put up solid numbers.

So are Chadman & I going to go at it for ULTIMATE supremacy or are we a house divided? Bring on the wombats!!!!

D Rock
12-28-2011, 02:28 AM
It's over Steel Life. You are the Ultimate Champion!

The scores from last week were used to claim a champion between the winners of each league.

Chadman
12-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Major congrats to Steel Life- hard enough to win 1 league, let alone trump the winner of another league at the same time!

In fact- congrats to all- any 12 team fantasy comp is hard- how many of you can say injury didn't have to trawling through some of the crappest FA's of all time?

D Rock
12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Major congrats to Steel Life- hard enough to win 1 league, let alone trump the winner of another league at the same time!

In fact- congrats to all- any 12 team fantasy comp is hard- how many of you can say injury didn't have to trawling through some of the crappest FA's of all time?

My only significant injuries involved Dallas RBs. Felix Jones was a blessing because then Murray took off. After Murray got injured....that's when things got hairy for me.

I was plagued by bust or boom players. Outscoring myself by over 100 points from one week to the next in the playoffs is ridiculous.

Congrats to all for an awesome and highly competitive season, and thank you for keeping up with it!

Steel Life
12-28-2011, 10:07 PM
I've only got one thing to say....DISCOUNT DOUBLE-CHECK!

Now that's out of the way, I'm amazed I was able to pull it off with two of the crappiest fantasy RBs in recent memory...thank god for the Gronk.

Jooser
12-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Great season everyone. I apologize for the month that I missed during mid-season due to a "personal illness". Still was a competitive season, and I'm proud the Grand Champion came out of the Mt. Mama League! Congrats to Steel Life and great job, but better luck next year Chadman!

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap