PDA

View Full Version : "No" to Tiki and Akers, and possibly "no" to Flozell...

BradshawsHairdresser
07-26-2011, 05:29 PM
...According to Douchette.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... orget-tiki (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/110905-ed-steelers-priorities-are-taylor-colon-scott-suisham-forget-tiki)

He says the Steelers have made Colon the next priority after Ike. This seems to leave Flozell out of the mix...not only would it mean a big pay cut for him, but he has said he wants to be a starter.

A little surprised that Colon, Scott, and Suisham are that high on the priority list.

insanesteelersfan
07-26-2011, 05:39 PM

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... orget-tiki (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/110905-ed-steelers-priorities-are-taylor-colon-scott-suisham-forget-tiki)

He says the Steelers have made Colon the next priority after Ike. This seems to leave Flozell out of the mix...not only would it mean a big pay cut for him, but he has said he wants to be a starter.

A little surprised that Colon, Scott, and Suisham are that high on the priority list.

As for Colon, cause we need a G/T starter. And Colon is Ben's Boy. And considering his Injury, he knows he ain't getting any other viable offers. Pittsburgh if they re-sign him will make sure they don't pay him alot.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-26-2011, 05:49 PM

As for Colon, cause we need a G/T starter. And Colon is Ben's Boy. And considering his Injury, he knows he ain't getting any other viable offers. Pittsburgh if they re-sign him will make sure they don't pay him alot.

"And Colon is Ben's Boy."

Have to wonder if this isn't a big factor in pursuing Colon. Otherwise, Adams was definitely superior at RT and in spite of all the message board expert opinions, we don't know how Willie would do at G...and the Steelers have shown no inclination to try him there.

Maybe Ben has as much clout with the team as ever. After all, Arians is still onboard. :D

JPbucco
07-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Ed isn't as plugged in as he thinks. Colon will be gone.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Ed isn't as plugged in as he thinks. Colon will be gone.

Well, I'd rather see Flozell in than Willie.

Has anyone heard how far along Willie's recovery is? Will he even be able to play?

phillyesq
07-26-2011, 07:37 PM
I just hope he's right on Ike Taylor. I'd hate to see the secondary go from mediocre to downright terrible, which it will if he leaves and isn't replaced.

steelz09
07-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Do you all think J Scott will get signed as the backup and future starter at LT. He really stepped up towards the end of the season last year.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Do you all think J Scott will get signed as the backup and future starter at LT. He really stepped up towards the end of the season last year.

If Douche is right about the Steelers' priorities, I think they might be thinking that way, otherwise Scott wouldn't up so high on their list.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-26-2011, 09:23 PM

Scott upgraded from "disaster" to "mediocre" as the season went on. I don't think that he is someone who the FO is looking at as their LT of the future. Quality depth maybe, but not future starter.

ikestops85
07-27-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm hope they are not looking to sign Willie to big money. First, it's only 50-50 that you come back from that injury and second, I think Flozell was far superior to Willie at RT. I'd love to have Flo back for a reduced salary.

God help us if we sign Suisham. Living here in the D.C. area I've seen him miss just about every pressure kick he has tried to make. I would much rather have an old Akers over Suisham.

I don't mind us signing Scott for depth because he did improve tremendously last year going, as someone said, going from horrible to mediocre.

Oviedo
07-27-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm hope they are not looking to sign Willie to big money. First, it's only 50-50 that you come back from that injury and second, I think Flozell was far superior to Willie at RT. I'd love to have Flo back for a reduced salary.

God help us if we sign Suisham. Living here in the D.C. area I've seen him miss just about every pressure kick he has tried to make. I would much rather have an old Akers over Suisham.

I don't mind us signing Scott for depth because he did improve tremendously last year going, as someone said, going from horrible to mediocre.

I thought Flo was better at RT too.

IMO Colon would do himself a huge service by signing a short contract with the Steelers so he can prove his health in a system he knows and with a team he knows. Going to a new situation puts him one step back.

aggiebones
07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
It amazed me that people thought the Steelers would bring in Tiki. Have the Steelers made any moves like that ever? Every time there'sd a loose body floating through FA, they get earmarked for the Steelers because they might want to come there. Well obviously they want to go to a nice stable franchise. Who wants to go to Cleveland? Noone.
Now if Tiki's brother wants to come, we might have to ponder that. But Tiki is a dime a dozen back, certainly now. We have 4-5 better on our roster, some haven't even touched a ball in the NFL yet and may never.

I'd take Colon for 4 years over Flozell for 1. The money for this year will likely be the same. I'm still up in the air about what will go down at RT and DE.

RuthlessBurgher
07-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Colon is 28, and should be entering the prime of his career (provided his Achilles has healed sufficiently). Adams is 36, and should only be in the NFL for one more season. Adams was tremendous as an emergency replacement, but he is not the future.

Attempt to sign Colon to a moderate 2 year deal. Ask Adams to take a moderate pay cut. Let the two battle it out. Winner gets RT. Loser gets RG.

After Adams contract ends, he'll likely retire. Then let Colon (now in a contract year) and Marcus Gilbert (after a year of seasoning) battle it out in 2012. Winner gets RT. Loser gets RG.

Oviedo
07-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Colon is 28, and should be entering the prime of his career (provided his Achilles has healed sufficiently). Adams is 36, and should only be in the NFL for one more season. Adams was tremendous as an emergency replacement, but he is not the future.

Attempt to sign Colon to a moderate 2 year deal. Ask Adams to take a moderate pay cut. Let the two battle it out. Winner gets RT. Loser gets RG.

After Adams contract ends, he'll likely retire. Then let Colon (now in a contract year) and Marcus Gilbert (after a year of seasoning) battle it out in 2012. Winner gets RT. Loser gets RG.

That is pretty much how I described it too. I hope it plays out that way.