PDA

View Full Version : Ravens cut Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, McGahee, and Gregg

steelblood
07-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Ravens have informed Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, W. McGahee, and Kelly Gregg that they will be released. Looks like they are freeing up some cap space to chase someone, possibly a big name WR to pair with Boldin.

(saw this on that evil profootballtalk.com website)

Discipline of Steel
07-25-2011, 08:57 PM
no, no, maybe, and no....

Captain Lemming
07-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Ravens have informed Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, W. McGahee, and Kelly Gregg that they will be released. Looks like they are freeing up some cap space to chase someone, possibly a big name WR to pair with Boldin.

(saw this on that evil profootballtalk.com website)

They cut Mason? That dude is old. Wasn't Dan Pastorini his first QB?

steelblood
07-25-2011, 09:01 PM

I don't want any of them. I just thought it was interesting that the Ravens are freeing up space to shop.

phillyesq
07-25-2011, 10:21 PM

I don't want any of them. I just thought it was interesting that the Ravens are freeing up space to shop.

Also interesting that they're cutting loose a lot of veteran leaders. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of these guys join Rex with the Jets.

Eddie Spaghetti
07-25-2011, 10:32 PM
starting to like that week 1 matchup.

maybe alot of new faces on a short timeline for learning a new system.

can't hurt.

hawaiiansteel
07-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Ravens agree to terms with Marshall Yanda

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 26, 2011

The Ravens let go of a lot of big names on Monday in part so they could spend big money to keep one of their up and coming players.

G.M. Ozzie Newsome confirmed Tuesday evening that the team agreed to terms with guard/tackle Marshall Yanda. We previously heard that the Ravens believed bringing back Yanda was the key to their running game this year.

“We got Marshall Yanda! That’s great news,” coach John Harbaugh said. “He told us he wanted to be a Raven and he understood the business part that he had to go through. I’m beaming, you see Ozzie smile and is there anyone more excited than [offensive line coach] Andy Moeller right now? We’re a better team than we were one hour ago.”

Yanda is likely to move back to guard, but he can play right tackle when asked.

There was a report that the Redskins were interested in Yanda, which surely drove up his pricetag. He may wind up getting more money than any guard in free agency this year, including Robert Gallery and Davin Joseph.

UPDATE: Mixmaster Schefter has the numbers: $32 million over five years with a $10 million bonus. He’ll make $21 million in the first three years. That’s basically the McContract for solid free agent guards.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... all-yanda/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/26/ravens-agree-to-terms-with-marshall-yanda/)

flippy
07-26-2011, 11:20 PM
I'd take any of them for the right price.

Those are all top quality players and someone could get some real value out of these guys.

NW Steeler
07-27-2011, 11:13 AM
If we could sign Heap for what we pay Spaeth? Hell yes.

insanesteelersfan
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM

I would take Eric Green right now over Matt Spaeth :D However, considering how many TE's they are collecting. And how they like to throw to them, I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots don't go after Heap. As for any of the others, even though he is a bit older, I would take Gregg. He is simular in alot of ways as is our undrafted rookie Anthony Gray. Shorter Fire Plug type players. And Gregg could not only provide depth, and some plays off for Casey. But could provide us some valuable " Inside " Info on the RatBirds! :Agree

Oviedo
07-27-2011, 11:33 AM

I would take Eric Green right now over Matt Spaeth :D However, considering how many TE's they are collecting. And how they like to throw to them, I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots don't go after Heap. As for any of the others, even though he is a bit older, I would take Gregg. He is simular in alot of ways as is our undrafted rookie Anthony Gray. Shorter Fire Plug type players. And Gregg could not only provide depth, and some plays off for Casey. But could provide us some valuable " Inside " Info on the RatBirds! :Agree

If we want a veteran NT, then keep Hoke and screw Gregg.

ikestops85
07-27-2011, 12:10 PM

I can't see the Pats going after Heap. They have Gronkowski (ask Gay how good he is) and Hernandez ... both talented, young TEs.