PDA

View Full Version : is anyone else getting really excited..

JTP53609
07-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Like I posted before, the Pirates are playing great and they are keeping me interested in ever pitch this year BUT......Steeler season is upon us, it is about to kickoff, in a few days free agency will take place and then days after that Training camp will take place and then in a few weeks we will be watching the Steelers.
Sure Tomlin and the rest of the staff will get no sleep because it is going to be a mess, but I am getting pumped for football, before you know it, the weather is going to be cool, leaves will change and the Steelers will be winning..

fordfixer
07-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Like I posted before, the Pirates are playing great and they are keeping me interested in ever pitch this year BUT......Steeler season is upon us, it is about to kickoff, in a few days free agency will take place and then days after that Training camp will take place and then in a few weeks we will be watching the Steelers.
Sure Tomlin and the rest of the staff will get no sleep because it is going to be a mess, but I am getting pumped for football, before you know it, the weather is going to be cool, leaves will change and the Steelers will be winning..
I'll start getting excited when the lockout is officially over

flippy
07-20-2011, 01:05 PM
As soon as this lockout ends, we're going to be in football euphoria. This is going to be better than the draft. So much to happen in such a short time.

There's gonna be so much news/excitement, this lockout is gonna look like it was planned to give the NFL a ratings lift. Cause that's gonna be the ultimate result.

The buildup has really started these last 2 days.

Oviedo
07-20-2011, 01:39 PM
As soon as this lockout ends, we're going to be in football euphoria. This is going to be better than the draft. So much to happen in such a short time.

There's gonna be so much news/excitement, this lockout is gonna look like it was planned to give the NFL a ratings lift. Cause that's gonna be the ultimate result.

It will be euphoria until we start to see who we are losing or who we have to cut to get under the cap. Then I predict the "sky is falling" posts will start in earnest.

D Rock
07-20-2011, 07:30 PM

It will be euphoria until we start to see who we are losing or who we have to cut to get under the cap. Then I predict the "sky is falling" posts will start in earnest.

sorry Debby Downer, but this salary cap you keep posting that the Steelers are over does not exist yet. No one knows what might happen in that regard.

Steelgal
07-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I wish I could get excited, but until I know that training camp has started and there really WILL be football, not much excitement yet. Plus in the midwest, we're having record heat waves, so the thought of football and fall seem so far away unfortunately.

JTP53609
07-20-2011, 10:42 PM
I wish I could get excited, but until I know that training camp has started and there really WILL be football, not much excitement yet. Plus in the midwest, we're having record heat waves, so the thought of football and fall seem so far away unfortunately.

gotta go through the blazing heat to get to the perfect fall weather

hawaiiansteel
07-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Saint Vincent awaits Steelers arrival for camp

Saturday, July 23, 2011
By Sam Werner, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201107/20110723steelers.1_500.jpg

The Steelers have held training camp at St. Vincent College for the past 45 seasons.

It's not quite clear exactly when the Steelers will open training camp -- it could be as early as Wednesday -- but whenever they do, Saint Vincent College in Latrobe will be ready for them.

College spokesman Don Orlando said the school has done "some preliminary preparations" for the team's pending arrival, and the site will be all systems go whenever a start date is set.

"We probably would like to have about 48-hours notice, but could do it in a half day if we have to," Orlando said.

He said the final preparations will involve erecting fences and tents, as well as rearranging furniture in the school's residence halls, where the Steelers players will stay.

"We've been ready for weeks," he said.

Orlando said it was impossible to predict the attendance for this year's camp, or how it would be affected by the lockout, but noted that the past few years have seen crowds of around 100,000.

"I have no reason to think it'll be any different this year," he said.

Local hotels are playing the waiting game, hopeful that reservations from Steelers fans don't turn into cancellations. Amy Felgar, assistant general manager of the Hampton Inn in Greensburg, said business has been fairly normal up to this point.

"The reservations are still here, but they can still cancel," she said. "Hopefully that's not the case."

Felgar said fans typically make their arrangements well in advance. The hotel is sold out for the weekend of July 29-31, when training camp traditionally would start.

"It's basically just a standard year as far as our reservations go to this point," she said. "But I'm sure as soon as they release [the training camp schedule] we'll be getting calls off the hook."

The hotel has around a dozen rooms available from Wednesday to Saturday, Felgar said. If the Steelers do open training camp this week, though, she expected those spots to be gone "in a matter of minutes."

The Steelers traditionally provided a nice publicity boost for the school and the area, Orlando said. With an enrollment of just less than 2,000, Saint Vincent has played host to the team's training camp for the past 45 seasons.

"The visibility that it gives to the college is really priceless because a lot of people see the college and see the area for the first time when they come out to camp," Orlando said.

Though this offseason has been one of the most unorthodox in recent memory, Orlando said Saint Vincent plans on business as usual whenever training camp does start.

"We'll be ready whenever the Steelers tell us they want to come," he said.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11204/11 ... z1SyLQEeiO (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11204/1162418-66.stm#ixzz1SyLQEeiO)