PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Planet Steelers fantasy football

D Rock
07-16-2011, 07:56 AM
In hopes that an agreement on the CBA is reached this weekend and we get to watch a full 16 game season, it is time to discuss some fantasy football.

We had 14 teams play, with outstanding participation, in last years season. But we can do better!

I'm seeing two divisions this year. Yahoo has a divisions option we could set up. This would make teams really watered down though because you would be choosing players from among the same pool to fill all our teams last year plus somewhere between 2 and 6 more teams.

I think the better option would be to run two simultaneous leagues with identical settings.

Let's say we have 24 teams, broken into two separate leagues of 12. There will be plenty of players available, and plenty of competition. Each of these leagues could then feature a 'North' and a 'South' division with six teams. Top 3 from each team could make the playoffs which could be held weeks 14, 15, and 16.

The tricky part would be that winning this division only makes you the conference champs. To truly win the Planet Steelers fantasy championship, your score would have to be better than the champ of the other league. We can't actually play that game out, but week 16 could use one game to decide both the conference and overall champions.

Another option I've noticed is now available is the trading of draft picks can be turned on or off when making a league. This would be a cool feature, especially for all you draftniks out there. We can see how everyone's crazy Madden-esque trade ideas might possibly work in an applied setting.

DISCUSS!

Jooser
07-16-2011, 09:18 AM
I love FF, I'd love to play. I ran Jooser's Mt. Mama Fantasy league in here a couple of years ago, wouldn't mind doing it again. Or I'll play in whatever league yinz come up with.

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
07-16-2011, 09:32 AM
I will play. And I will win. That is all. :D

D Rock
07-16-2011, 09:56 AM
I will play. And I will win. That is all. :D

I disagree.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I set up a league a couple of years ago--It went well--Forgot who won it but we had a prize of about $70. I would like to participate but would ask for another site to be used--I am not happy with yahoo or espn. Myfantasyleague.com is an awesome site to have a FF League. They have keepers and you can trade draft pics and keep the league for years. It has a good home page for your individual team also. Thoughts?

D Rock
07-16-2011, 08:22 PM
I set up a league a couple of years ago--It went well--Forgot who won it but we had a prize of about $70. I would like to participate but would ask for another site to be used--I am not happy with yahoo or espn. Myfantasyleague.com is an awesome site to have a FF League. They have keepers and you can trade draft pics and keep the league for years. It has a good home page for your individual team also. Thoughts?

Yahoo is all I've ever used. What do you not like about it?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Honestly I don't remember the difference with them all---I have used yahoo but its been awhile. Myfantasyleague is the best I have used. Does yahoo have a keeper leauge, solid homepage for owners, trading of future draft picks and a league you can have for years with same players?

AngryAsian
07-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Used Yahoo for the past 2 seasons with my work league (with divisional play) and everything has been seemless. No problems. Will participate again this year and hope I don't peter out in the end like last season.

steelerkeylargo
07-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Count me in. I prefer CBS or NFL.com but yahoo is fine. :Beer

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-17-2011, 12:12 AM
No disrespect intended but I set up a league in myfantasyleague.com called Planetsteelers. It is for 12 teams. It does cost but minimal for a 12 team league--6.50 if all sign up by Aug 1. $7.50 if after Aug 1.
I would like to do $10 apiece and have a cash value or trophy of about $40-$50.
I understand sending money can be a little worrisome but comeon its $10 and I can get the guys on Planetsteelers that I have done a league with and they can vouch--all monies went in pot and winner was paid. Just trying to make it more fun...we dont have to do it with any money either---This will be a league vote kindof thing. Anywho if you want in I just need your email to register you..I enter it in, then you can get in yourself.
It really is a great fantasy football site and hope to see 11 others join. PS Those that join must be active, a Steeler die hard fan and know FOOTBALL!!!
NEED EMAILS BELOW IF YOU WANT TO JOIN NOW...

Also...JUST found the teams and owners of the league I did in 2008. Would love for you guys to join again. It was a free site. You can also look at my posts in Aug 08 to see some content. League players were:
Darrin M. : Smash
Brad S.: Eat my roethlisberger
Shawn H.: G.O.A.T.
J R.: Toejam Football
Nick P.: IronShieks
ben m.: JoosePiggs
Rondell: Truckin U
Mark: McLovin
Tom M.: steeldragons
matt k.: I dont lose
Doug F.: Stillers1
joey y.: P'gh Pit Vipers

sentinel33
07-17-2011, 11:29 AM
If a league is short a team I could be that guy. Been playin FF for a while. Not a newb.

Thanks.

D Rock
07-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I think if we keep this bumped we should have a bunch of people willing to play.

I'd like to try the divisions option if anyone is up for that. Kind of mirrors real sports a bit more that way. We could run a pay league too. I know we had 14 people last year in the Yahoo league, but there were more interested.

RuthlessBurgher
07-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Used Yahoo for the past 2 seasons with my work league (with divisional play) and everything has been seemless. No problems. Will participate again this year and hope I don't peter out in the end like last season.

Heh heh, heh heh...you said "peter out in the end." Heh heh.

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/files/uh-huh-huh-yeah.jpg

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I think if we keep this bumped we should have a bunch of people willing to play.

I'd like to try the divisions option if anyone is up for that. Kind of mirrors real sports a bit more that way. We could run a pay league too. I know we had 14 people last year in the Yahoo league, but there were more interested.

Yea I think we can have alot of interest...again I have the pay site up which I think is much better than yahoo. I need 11 other particpants. Send me your email if you want in the pay site and you acknowledge you know what your doing (not a beginner).

RuthlessBurgher
07-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the offer, but personally, I'd prefer to use a free service for my online fantasy football league. Hopefully we could get two leagues going, a pay one and a free one. I'm involved in a money league with guys at work where we each put a hundred bucks in (live draft at one of the guy's houses). That's sufficient for me. I prefer to just use this board league for bragging rights and trash talk and stuff, not money. But that's just me. Not trying to convince anyone else who may be interested in your league. As I said earlier, I hope both leagues are able to flourish.

Jooser
07-18-2011, 06:34 AM
If anyone is interested in Yahoo, I'd be more than happy to start up the Mt. Mama League and commish it. Let me know and I'll get it going and shoot yinz the link. Also, I'm open to setting it up with any of the scoring settings you like. Just let me know...

-Joos

steelerkeylargo
07-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Like I said count me in. I prefer to play in a money league as I find that these leagues tend to keep interest levels up and make for a more competitive situation. I am fine to play for any amount of cash. Would prefer it to be at least $25 though. PM me with an invite and I will join. AND WOOP YO AZZES :moon :moon :moon

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Like I said count me in. I prefer to play in a money league as I find that these leagues tend to keep interest levels up and make for a more competitive situation. I am fine to play for any amount of cash. Would prefer it to be at least $25 though. PM me with an invite and I will join. AND WOOP YO AZZES :moon :moon :moon

I need your email address then I send you the email--Its how myfantasyleague.com works....Yea I'd like to put more money in the pot also. We can set that up for league vote when we get all 12 teams in.

SteelCrazy
07-18-2011, 06:52 PM
I participated in the Planet Fantasy league last season and everyone was very active which made it very interesting. I believe Chadman was the only player to make more moves than myself, which didnt do him a lot of good.

I'd be in again this year knowing the competetive level we all took it to last season.

BURGH86STEEL
07-18-2011, 07:20 PM
No disrespect intended but I set up a league in myfantasyleague.com called Planetsteelers. It is for 12 teams. It does cost but minimal for a 12 team league--6.50 if all sign up by Aug 1. $7.50 if after Aug 1.
I understand sending money can be a little worrisome but comeon its $10 and I can get the guys on Planetsteelers that I have done a league with and they can vouch--all monies went in pot and winner was paid. Just trying to make it more fun...we dont have to do it with any money either---This will be a league vote kindof thing. Anywho if you want in I just need your email to register you..I enter it in, then you can get in yourself.
It really is a great fantasy football site and hope to see 11 others join. PS Those that join must be active, a Steeler die hard fan and know FOOTBALL!!!

Also...JUST found the teams and owners of the league I did in 2008. Would love for you guys to join again. It was a free site. You can also look at my posts in Aug 08 to see some content. League players were:

I participated that year. Had it won until the Giants defense collapsed vs the Panthers and DeAngelo Williams had a monster game and scored 4 TD's. I will participate again and don't mind putting up a few dollars to make it interesting. I believe you used paypal that year for the transactions.

Contact Rondell at burgh97steel@yahoo.com if there are spots open in the league.

steelerkeylargo
07-18-2011, 07:25 PM

I need your email address then I send you the email--Its how myfantasyleague.com works....Yea I'd like to put more money in the pot also. We can set that up for league vote when we get all 12 teams in.

kcornaire@gmail.com

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-18-2011, 08:58 PM

kcornaire@gmail.com

INVITE SENT--Let me know if you keep getting invites--trying to work out the kinks as Commish.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-18-2011, 08:59 PM

I participated that year. Had it won until the Giants defense collapsed vs the Panthers and DeAngelo Williams had a monster game and scored 4 TD's. I will participate again and don't mind putting up a few dollars to make it interesting. I believe you used paypal that year for the transactions.

Contact Rondell at burgh97steel@yahoo.com if there are spots open in the league.

INVITE SENT--Let me know if you received. Thanks--Commish

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Update of myfantasyleague.com planet steeler league----3 spots taken. 9 left

D Rock
07-18-2011, 09:56 PM

did you get the PM I sent the other day?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-18-2011, 11:23 PM

did you get the PM I sent the other day?

Got ya--You should of got an invite.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-18-2011, 11:25 PM
myfantasyleague.com---Update= Only 8 spots available.

Guys that are signing up---Change your team name, password, customize your home page and just look around a bit--Alot you can do on this site.

SteelCrazy
07-19-2011, 11:53 AM
D Rock, are you still going to run the yahoo league this year?

RuthlessBurgher
07-19-2011, 12:07 PM

I'll be happy to join the free Yahoo league again this year, whether it's run by D Rock or Jooser or whoever.

SteelCrazy
07-19-2011, 04:40 PM

I'll be happy to join the free Yahoo league again this year, whether it's run by D Rock or Jooser or whoever.

I'm in too on the yahoo league...... :Boobs

Tomlinator
07-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I'll take a go at the yahoo league if you still have room.

I don't mind beating up on my Steeler bretheren at all. :tt2

D Rock
07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Yeah I'll run it again. I can create it as a continuation (settings wise, not players and teams wise) of last years league. From there we can tweak things as we want to.

I'll set it up sometime after the CBA is finalized...don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.

Iron Shiek
07-20-2011, 07:46 AM

Yeah...that was MY Deangelo Williams buzz saw you ran into. That was a crazy day. You really should've won that league, he went nuts for me!

SMF, I'll let you know soon. I'm already in 3 pay leagues locally with friends and am paying for a wedding/honeymoon <Cancun AND Vegas!> so to say I'm cash strapped is an insult to the word understatement.

RuthlessBurgher
07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Congrats, Shieky!

(on the upcoming wedding, not the DeAngelo Williams game...well, that too, I guess). :wink:

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-24-2011, 05:00 PM
myfantasyleague.com

League setup--We have 8 spots left. If your a Steeler fan, will be active and know what your doing your welcome to sign up. It will fill up fast once the lockout is over this week.

This is also a pay site because the site is that much better than the yahoo's or the espn's. Its only $6.50...can be more if we vote on it as a league for a cash bonus or trophy for winner.

If you want in send me a message or I need your email address. All money done through pay pay if desired. Thanks!

AngryAsian
07-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the offer, but personally, I'd prefer to use a free service for my online fantasy football league. Hopefully we could get two leagues going, a pay one and a free one. I'm involved in a money league with guys at work where we each put a hundred bucks in (live draft at one of the guy's houses). That's sufficient for me. I prefer to just use this board league for bragging rights and trash talk and stuff, not money. But that's just me. Not trying to convince anyone else who may be interested in your league. As I said earlier, I hope both leagues are able to flourish.

I'm the commish in my work league and can't do a pay league on-line. I liked what D-Rock set up last year and was pretty competitive. I'm in for this season and like the yahoo format we used last year. Count me in.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
I've been in quite a few leagues here over the years, count me in. I don't mind doing a cash league as long as it is not an autodraft and I can pay with paypal - no currency conversion needed.

For an invite you can send it to mike@superval-u.com, otherwise for the other leagues I'll keep tuning in to this thread.

Thanks guys.

Steelgal
07-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I played FF for the first time last year. It was through Yahoo and I enjoyed it. I'd prefer a no-cost league, but could pay a small fee if needed. If you don't mind having a girl join, count me in :Boobs

fordfixer
07-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I played FF for the first time last year. It was through Yahoo and I enjoyed it. I'd prefer a no-cost league, but could pay a small fee if needed. If you don't mind having a girl join, count me in :Boobs

I would like to take this time to state " I do not know steelgal nor did I spend any time with her last year" ff
:lol: :lol:

Steelgal
07-25-2011, 04:34 PM
]I played FF for the first time last year.[/color] It was through Yahoo and I enjoyed it. I'd prefer a no-cost league, but could pay a small fee if needed. If you don't mind having a girl join, count me in :Boobs

I would like to thake this time to state " I do not know steelgal nor did I spend any time with her last year" ff
:lol: :lol:

Thank you :mrgreen: I have to clean off my keyboard now, after reading that :lol:

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-25-2011, 04:40 PM
I've been in quite a few leagues here over the years, count me in. I don't mind doing a cash league as long as it is not an autodraft and I can pay with paypal - no currency conversion needed.

For an invite you can send it to mike@superval-u.com, otherwise for the other leagues I'll keep tuning in to this thread.

Thanks guys.

It is a live draft and the cost will be $6.50 but alot of guys are wanting to put a little more money in for a league award or trophy. We will vote on things like that...Paypal will be fine. As long as you will be active we would love to have ya. Invite sent.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-25-2011, 05:35 PM

Thanks guys.

It is a live draft and the cost will be $6.50 but alot of guys are wanting to put a little more money in for a league award or trophy. We will vote on things like that...Paypal will be fine. As long as you will be active we would love to have ya. Invite sent.

got it and in!

fordfixer
07-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Thank you :mrgreen: I have to clean off my keyboard now, after reading that :lol:

I do what I can (sorry about your keyboard) :oops:

phillyesq
07-25-2011, 08:10 PM
I haven't posted as much lately, but if you still have room, I'd love to get into the league.

I've been commish of a league for a few years now, and I'm more active than I'm sure my employer would prefer. :lol:

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-25-2011, 08:59 PM
I haven't posted as much lately, but if you still have room, I'd love to get into the league.

I've been commish of a league for a few years now, and I'm more active than I'm sure my employer would prefer. :lol:

Do you want the yahoo site or the pay site? See above posts for myfantasyleague.com info--Need email address if you want in on myfantasyleague.

phillyesq
07-25-2011, 10:15 PM

Do you want the yahoo site or the pay site? See above posts for myfantasyleague.com info--Need email address if you want in on myfantasyleague.

Since I'm already doing a few pay leagues, I'd prefer the yahoo sit if there is still room there. If there is no room in the yahoo league, I'll send you my e-mail for the pay league.

steelz09
07-26-2011, 04:20 PM
So can someone provide a status of the different fantasy football leagues and their availability.

Please include the maximum team count and how many teams are currently in the league. From what I've seen in this thread, there is a myfantasyleague.com (pay league) and a yahoo league.

Is there a cash prize for the myfantasyleague.com league? How much? And is 6.50 the cost to sign-up? Does the 6.50 get added to the cash prize amount of is that just the cost to sign-up for the league?

On a side note, I want to signup for one of these leagues if there are spots open but I don't know which. I also have a few other friends that want to sign up. Last year, I did a league at fireleague.com but am willing to try something different this year.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-26-2011, 06:34 PM
So can someone provide a status of the different fantasy football leagues and their availability.

Please include the maximum team count and how many teams are currently in the league. From what I've seen in this thread, there is a myfantasyleague.com (pay league) and a yahoo league.

Is there a cash prize for the myfantasyleague.com league? How much? And is 6.50 the cost to sign-up? Does the 6.50 get added to the cash prize amount of is that just the cost to sign-up for the league?

On a side note, I want to signup for one of these leagues if there are spots open but I don't know which. I also have a few other friends that want to sign up. Last year, I did a league at fireleague.com but am willing to try something different this year.

myfantasyleague.com has 5 out of 12 spots filled. It cost aprox. $6.50 apiece just to be in the league and will do a team vote to see if we want to add money for league champ. Most have expressed yes to this anywhere from $10-$20 per team which would give $120-$240 for champion.

If you want to join--I need am email address to send an invite. 3 requirements are: steeler fan, active and not a rook. Thanks

D Rock
07-26-2011, 07:04 PM
I'd really like to run dual Yahoo leagues to compete for one big Planet Steelers championship if people are up for that.

If not, then to be fair and respectful to the 13 other players from last year who were active every week, I have to offer them a spot in the league again before others.

To gauge interest, please see my new thread titled "Yahoo fantasy football sign ups only" and state if you would like to play in a yahoo league (free) so I can see how many are in for that.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-28-2011, 05:18 PM
myfantasyleague update: 6 spots filled....6 still open. If you want in, know what your doing and are not already in a bunch of other leagues just need an email address to invite you in. See above posts for more info.

isonator07
07-29-2011, 09:40 PM
I agree with smash that myfantasyleague.com is the best site for fantasy football. I've used this site since 2003 for my league. I've also played yahoo and cbs leagues, and thought they didnt compare.