PDA

View Full Version : 25 worst players in the league

Ghost
07-13-2011, 02:52 PM
In light of the 100 best players list, I found an article about the 25 worst players in the NFL.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/589/the-25-least-valuable-players-in-the-nfl

It’s a funny article if you have the time. Here’s an example:

“Guys coast upon their reputations to lofty rankings. Ray Lewis, ranked as the fourth-best player in the NFL, is probably the fourth-best player on his own defense these days.”

This list of the 25 worst players in the league accounts for playing time, expectations, and salary. It focuses on the 2010 season without forgetting about those who sucked in 2008 and 2009:

25. Laurence Maroney, running back, free agent
24. Dimitri Patterson, cornerback, Eagles
23. Aaron Maybin, linebacker, Bills
22. Amobi Okoye, defensive tackle, Texans
21. T.J. Houshmandzadeh, wide receiver, Ravens
20. Robert Ayers, outside linebacker, Broncos
19. Derrick Harvey, defensive end, Jaguars
18. Akin Ayodele, linebacker, Bills
17. John St. Clair, offensive tackle, free agent
16. Tyler Polumbus, offensive tackle, Seahawks
15. Darrius Heyward-Bey, wide receiver, Raiders
14. Jonathan Wade, cornerback, Bengals
13. Jimmy Clausen, quarterback, Panthers
12. Derek Anderson, quarterback, free agent
11. Chris Chambers, wide receiver, Chiefs
10. Darius Butler, cornerback, Patriots
9. Jeremy Trueblood, offensive tackle, Buccaneers
8. Levi Brown, offensive tackle, Cardinals
7. David Jones, cornerback, Jaguars
6. Kareem Jackson, cornerback, Texans
5. C.C. Brown, safety, Lions
4. Daniel Coats, tight end, Broncos
3. Anthony Davis, tackle, 49ers
2. Sabby Piscitelli, safety, Browns
1. Jake Delhomme, quarterback, Browns

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2011, 03:09 PM
“Guys coast upon their reputations to lofty rankings. Ray Lewis, ranked as the fourth-best player in the NFL, is probably the fourth-best player on his own defense these days.”

This is most certainly true. Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, and Ed Reed are all better football players at this point in time than Ray Lewis.

hawaiiansteel
07-14-2011, 01:51 AM
I would have had Jimmy Clausen #1 on my list...

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t254/drew9399/JimmyClausen.jpg

flippy
07-14-2011, 07:30 AM
I thought the Steelers Oline, backup TEs, and DBs would be all over this list ;)

BradshawsHairdresser
07-14-2011, 01:01 PM
So nice to see Douchmenzadeh on the list...

Oviedo
07-14-2011, 03:42 PM
I thought the Steelers Oline, backup TEs, and DBs would be all over this list ;)

Anthony Madison would lead the DB list followed closely by Keenan Lewis.

aggiebones
07-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I think they need to have a list of the worst 25 players for the hype.

Meaning someone like RLewis, who is hyped way up, considering like the article says he is 4th best on their defense.

hawaiiansteel
07-14-2011, 06:18 PM

I would have to rank Anthony Madison ahead of Keenan Lewis since Madison got playing time while Lewis mostly watched.

SidSmythe
07-15-2011, 12:42 PM

I would have to rank Anthony Madison ahead of Keenan Lewis since Madison got playing time while Lewis mostly watched.
:Agree
I was going to say the same thing. Madison can at least get on the field w/ the D and he's a good special teams player.
Lewis does not belong in the NFL

Sugar
07-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Just glad to see no Steelers on the list.

Shoe
07-16-2011, 12:23 AM
I would certainly have to concur with Jake Delhomme #1. The guy threw 5 or 6 picks in a playoff game (naturally a Loss)... what happens? They re-sign him for another guaranteed $20 million! Again... naturally... he sucked that year (as if 6 INT's in the playoffs wasn't a sign of his abilities at that point in his career)... So they dump him.

What happens?

The Stains hand him the reigns of their team, which he naturally led into the dumper.

I guess I'm also indicting (as much as Delhomme's sorryness), the stupidity of some teams.