PDA

View Full Version : 1st team O & 2nd team D vs 2nd team O & 1st team D Who wins?

RuthlessBurgher
07-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Two squads...we'll call them the Gold and the Black. I'm using all of the players currently on our roster, even if they are impending restricted or unrestricted free agents (don't want to get into the guessing game of who might stay or who might go). Rookies are also in play.

When the Gold team has the ball, it's our starting offense vs. our starting defense. How would Ben look when he has Harrison and Woodley after him? Ike vs. Wallace on a fly route would be interesting. Hines may be able to take advantage of BMac, but he must also remember that Troy is lurking back there as well.

When the Black team has the ball, it's our backup offense vs. our backup defense. Will Byron Leftwich be able to take advantage of our young backup corners by throwing to our young backup receivers? That backup D-line is a starting calibre NFL D-line...will our back-up O-line be able to handle them?

In both cases, we'll run 21 personnel on offense (2 RB's and 1 TE) and standard 3-4 defense (no nickle or dime, since the backup DB's are playing for the other team). Who wins? And by how much?

Gold Squad:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB Rashard Mendenhall
FB David Johnson
TE Heath Miller
WR Mike Wallace
WR Hines Ward
LT Max Starks
LG Chris Kemoeatu
C Maurkice Pouncey
RG Ramon Foster
RT Flozell Adams

DE Aaron Smith
NT Chris Hoke
DE Cameron Heyward
OLB Jason Worilds
ILB Stevenson Sylvester
ILB Larry Foote
OLB Chris Carter
CB William Gay
CB Crezdon Butler
SS Ryan Mundy
FS Will Allen

Black Squad:

QB Byron Leftwich
RB Jonathan Dwyer
FB Isaac Redman
TE Matt Spaeth
WR Emmanuel Sanders
WR Antonio Brown
LT Jonathan Scott
LG Trai Essex
C Doug Legursky
RG Marcus Gilbert
RT Willie Colon

DE Ziggy Hood
NT Casey Hampton
DE Brett Keisel
OLB LaMarr Woodley
ILB Lawrence Timmons
ILB James Farrior
OLB James Harrison
CB Ike Taylor
CB Bryant McFadden
SS Troy Polamalu
FS Ryan Clark

It would be interesting of some of you Madden-holics would be able to actually set up this game up and see how it plays out once the new version of Madden is released. In the mean time, though, what do you folks think?

papillon
07-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Put me down on Ben's side. The rules favor the offense and besides, we all know that Troy would make a mistake to cost his team the game. :wink: :stirpot

Pappy

Ben210
07-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll go with the Black Squad. The best the Gold Squad could hope for is a 0-0 tie.

RuthlessBurgher
07-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I'll go with the Black Squad. Willie & J. Scott vs. Harrison & Woodley = certain death for Leftwich & the gang.

Harrison and Woodley would be up against Starks and Adams, trying to sack Ben. It's ones vs. ones and twos vs. twos.

Ben210
07-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I'll go with the Black Squad. Willie & J. Scott vs. Harrison & Woodley = certain death for Leftwich & the gang.

Harrison and Woodley would be up against Starks and Adams, trying to sack Ben. It's ones vs. ones and twos vs. twos.

Darnit! I knew I screwed that up but I couldn't even edit it in time! You're quick Ruthless!

sentinel33
07-06-2011, 02:45 PM
As long as Butler and Carter are on opposite sides of the field, I think the Gold Squad defense TCOB against the Black Squad offense.
-With Hoke and Smith upfront and Foote and Sylvester controlling the middle, the front 7 is still scary. Especially when we rush Worilds/Carter/Gay. I don't see to significant of a drop in the run defense, especially with Heyward's familiarity(somewhat) with the 3-4. Heyward should do fine with Hoke and Smith down in there with him.
-Yeah, the corners are weak-no surprise. but the safetys have a comforting amount of experience, especially when you consider opposite them is sophomores Sanders and Brown. Furthermore, the O-line won't be able to handle the defensive front seven overall in any facet of the game really.
Advantage-Gold Squad defense.

If the Gold Squad O-line is this way the whole year we have a nice chance, cause if it was like this in the superbowl i think the outcome would have been slightly different. That said, I give a slight edge to the Gold Squad offense.

So I take the Gold Squad over the Black Squad-17-13.

flippy
07-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I'd take the Black Squad. 35-7

Ben will hold the ball trying to let plays develop down field and our #1 D will have time to hit him and our CBs don't tend to give up the big plays. Now if we went with a quick strike offense and changed our philosophy a bit, we'd have a better chance against our D. But I'm assuming Arians is our Coordinator and he'll stick with the plays that take ages to develop which works against the O in this case.

Plus didn't Harrison sack Ben a zillion times the last time they played each other in college? I predict Ben would be hurt in the 1st quarter.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Is BA the OC for both teams?

Discipline of Steel
07-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Defense wins both. Richard LeBeau is a saint.

RuthlessBurgher
07-08-2011, 10:21 AM

0-0 tie? Which team wins 2-0 with a safety in overtime?

flippy
07-08-2011, 01:26 PM
It could come down to who has the kickers and long snapper.

Discipline of Steel
07-08-2011, 03:56 PM

0-0 tie? Which team wins 2-0 with a safety in overtime?

1st Team D has the playmakers, I will go with them.

PS I think our 2nd Team O is pretty decent so we are deep all around.
PSS Then again i have Steeler goggles on :tt1

Captain Lemming
07-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Ben will hold the ball trying to let plays develop down field and our #1 D will have time to hit him and our CBs don't tend to give up the big plays.

I was leaning the opposite way until I saw your reasoning Flippy.

Our 1st team defensive strengths counter our offensive style quite well.
You have to get rid of the ball quickly against our D.
Our front seven would blow past our oline and Ben would hold the ball way too long.
It would be a sack fest.

Adding to what you said Mendy would be absolutely useless versus our D