PDA

View Full Version : We all know this will never happen....but

Dee Dub
06-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Instead of throwing money at Ike Taylor why not take that and put it on Jonathan Joseph and then dig a little deeper and also sign Sidney Rice?

Joseph is younger than Taylor and is a better man to man cover corner. I think in the Steelers defense Joseph will thrive and become even better.

And Sidney Rice? Well he'll give the offense ( Ben), the one thing they have been missing for quite some time. A big, tall, physical receiver who would open more on the offense.

Just my two cents.

steelblood
06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm all for aggressively pursuing Jonathan Joseph. If we could get him for roughly what we'd pay Ike or a little more, I'd be all for it. He is only 26 and would be in his prime for the length of the contract. He is a very talented corner who had a down year and could thrive in our defense and free up our front 7 for blitzes with his man skills.

birtikidis
06-30-2011, 02:19 PM
I'd be willing to let Gay and Ike walk if we went after Joseph and Rogers. I'd go after a guard long before I went after Rice. I like our receivers. Hate our guards.

MadSteel
06-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Joseph would be an awesome FA pick up, but Rice isnt needed in my opinion. We have all the weapons we need there, no one tall, but we really dont need that with Heath and Spaeth.

aggiebones
06-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Rice will be expensive. We can't sign the top FAs that come out. Too many teams like Skins, etc that will try to blow the top off. Don't even bother. Joseph is a slim option, but might as well get Ike. Joseph will not play as well with us as he did with Bengals. He'll have more responsibilities and will play slower as a result. Granted he's a great option if we lose Ike.

RuthlessBurgher
06-30-2011, 06:38 PM
I think it's a possibility that both Johnathan Joseph and Sidney Rice each getting a larger contract than Ike Taylor.

Slapstick
06-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Yup. Ruthless has it right...

Shawn
06-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Joseph should get a larger contract than Taylor. I would trade Taylor for Joseph straight up, mainly because of his youth. As much as I like Taylor, 31 yo is not a spring chicken.

sentinel33
06-30-2011, 11:23 PM
The team should let madison and gay go and get one of the following-
-Taylor
-Joseph
-Marshall

I'm quite comfortable with any of those 3 shadowing the opponents #1 WR.

I'm cool with mcfadden at the #2 cb spot. If i'm not mistaken, mcfadden will be in the final year of his contract and one would think he would be playing for a new one. So I expect him to have one of those good years.

If we can't get two more cb's out of Lewis, Butler, Brown and Allen then we are in worse shape then I thought.

CRYSTAL BALL-

Richard Marshall is tired of losing with the Panthers and undercuts Ike to have a shot at a championship.

McFadden holds down the other cb spot quite well, just in time for another team to sign him to a big contract. Later Mcfadden. Thanks for playin'.

The battle for the next two CB positions are contended for by Lewis and Brown.

Butler and Allen duke it out to be cb #5.

would be very happy with this scenario.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I think it's a possibility that both Johnathan Joseph and Sidney Rice each getting a larger contract than Ike Taylor.
$$$$

By letting Ike go, I can't see the Steelers saving enough $$ to sign both Joseph and Rice. And I think it's unlikely that they re-up Ike. A more likely scenario, IMO, is that they re-sign Willie Gay and go with who they already have at CB.

I expect the Steelers will have to score a lot more points this season. Hopefully BA will be up to the challenge.

NJ-STEELER
07-04-2011, 10:55 AM
IIRC McFadden signed a 3 year extension after he was traded to us