PDA

View Full Version : The Most Dispensable Pittsburgh Steelers

hawaiiansteel
06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Guest slog: The most dispensable Steelers

TUESDAY, 28 JUNE 2011 07:00 WRITTEN BY RAY FITTIPALDO
By James Cole

Stow, Ohio

I made this list last year and was widely condemned on the message board, mostly by those who had a strangely high opinion of Daniel Sepulveda. Frankly, I was amazed at the depth of emotion in some of the responses. Nonetheless, I'm back with another analysis, which I feel can't be any worse than the NFLPA ranking Devin Hester and Michael Vick ahead of Ben Roethlisberger. Today's list is the most dispensable; tomorrow's is the most indispensable.

Punter ... Ummm... Not sure who the punter is. Sepulveda? Kapinos? Is that his name? I think I've said enough.

K Sean Suisham. Yes, I know he won the Buffalo game but I can't get the image of that missed Super Bowl field goal out of my head. He barely got it inside the pylon. The point is, Mr. Suisham was found on the street; it seems reasonable an equally competent kicker is available right now.

RG Ramon Foster. I wasn't even sure he was the starter. I'm not sure how much longer he will be.

FB/TE David Johnson. Missed his block on Clay Mathews, causing the Mendenhall fumble that stemmed the tide in the Super Bowl. Admittedly, he was pretty fierce the rest of the night, but willing blockers are available.

LT Max Starks. The team won the Division and got to the Super Bowl without him. That sounds like the definition of dispensable.

LG Chris Kemoeatu. He is something to behold when he pulls but his pass protection reeks. Plus he is personally responsible for the Super Bowl pick Six when BJ Raji steamrolled him. If Big Juicey were indispensable, Steeler nation wouldn't have been salivating for a trade-up to get Mike Pouncey.

CB Bryant McFadden. He's not that bad, he's just not that good. The Steelers designated him as dispensable when they let him leave via free agency 2 years ago.

DE Aaron Smith. Boy, does it hurt to type that but Aaron has basically missed three of the last four years. Plus, Ziggy Hood is ready to go. I expect some grief over this one.

S Ryan Clark. Knows the system, gives his all, is a leader in the locker room. On this team, those qualities don't make you indispensable.

RT Flozell Adams. This is an odd one as he may yet be replaced by Willie Colon, who is still hanging around. They are both above average, but one of them will be gone before the season starts.

WR Hines Ward. This hurts as much as Aaron Smith. I cannot say enough good things about Hines and I won't say anything bad. He lured me into watching a full season of dancing with the Stars, for goodness sake. But he has been around since the 90's and the end is near.

LB James Farrior. This team must be really good if Farrior, Ward and Aaron Smith are on the Dispensable list. James makes it only because Larry Foote is ready to step in.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... e-steelers (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/110466-guest-slog-the-most-dispensable-steelers)

birtikidis
06-29-2011, 08:40 PM
sorry man, just cause a team made it to the super bowl without a player doesn't mean has has become dispensable. I would have said Rod Woodson was indespensable (did you see the corners that came after him?) but we made it to a super bowl with out him...

steelblood
06-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Dear author,

Do you realize that Jonathan Scott is not under contract? How dispensable is Max Starks when you'd be left with Tony Hills or a rookie protecting Big Ben's blindside? You are a moron. A good, experienced LT on your roster is imperative.

ikestops85
06-30-2011, 10:22 AM
I read that list and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Good one!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine getting rid of most of your locker room leaders in one fell swoop. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was joking, right? :shock:

Oviedo
06-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Put Anthony Madison at the top of that list. Most overrated player in the last decade.

I strongly disagree that Max Starks, Hines Ward or James Farrior should be on that list.

aggiebones
06-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Yea, let's find a replacement for some on that list before replacing them. It is true that some are going into their last season, but it is an important season.

feltdizz
06-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Put Anthony Madison at the top of that list. Most overrated player in the last decade.

I strongly disagree that Max Starks, Hines Ward or James Farrior should be on that list.

over rated? Is he rated at all?

TallyStiller
07-01-2011, 03:00 PM
How in God's name does Matt Spaeth not even get a mention?