PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Barber to Steelers

Oviedo
06-20-2011, 08:03 AM
According to Peter King. I hope not, but the chances of a new player like Baron Batch having a chance to contribute this season are pretty much fantasy with the loss of all the OTAs. I don't see Barber being an upgrade over Mdwelde Moore. If anything with his fumbling history and poor blocking skills he could be a downgrade.

Tiki unplugged, and why he might be Steeler-bound.

My educated guess, and maybe a little more than that, is Pittsburgh will be Tiki Barber's landing spot this summer when he tries to return to football after four seasons away.

The Steelers have a head coach the Barber family knows well -- Mike Tomlin is close to twin Ronde Barber after coaching him in Tampa from 2001 to 2005 and also knows Tiki. Tomlin wouldn't be afraid of the sideshow Tiki Barber might create, nor would he be shy about pulling the plug if the 36-year-old back couldn't beat out the likes of Mewelde Moore.

The Steelers have a core of veteran stars; Tiki Barber would fit right in. The Steelers have a good back, Rashard Mendenhall, but no back-of-the-future type who Barber would be robbing playing time from. And one NFL source tells me Barber really wants a shot to play in Pittsburgh. I'm also told that wherever he goes, Barber won't be content to be a mopup guy or insurance policy; he wants to play a lot. We'll see where he ends up this summer, if and when football happens, but Pittsburgh's my guess.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1PohjdikM (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/06/19/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1PohjdikM)

RuthlessBurgher
06-20-2011, 09:37 AM
I don't see a spot for Barber (even if we don't bring back Moore, I'm content with Mendenhall, Redman, Dwyer, and Batch), but I wouldn't use "fumbling history" as a strike against Tiki. Sure, he did have an acute case of fumblitis once upon a time, but it is well documented how he changed the way he held the ball, and after that, he was quite secure with the ball.

In fact, the only positive that I could think of for bringing in someone like Tiki would be to show Mendenhall the change he made in how he held the ball when he ran with it. However, he could do this if Tomlin set up something for them to meet one afternoon (i.e. we wouldn't need to actually sign Tiki for him to help out Rashard in this regard).

feltdizz
06-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Tiki fixed the fumbling(high and tight) and Mendenhall could learn a few things about protecting the rock. We have a ton of RB's and I want to see Redman get more touches...

Oviedo
06-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Tiki fixed the fumbling(high and tight) and Mendenhall could learn a few things about protecting the rock. We have a ton of RB's and I want to see Redman get more touches...

Count me as one of the guys who think we can do much better than Redman. He may be a serviceable RB to have on the roster but he is nowhere close to a legit #2 in a RB tandem...we can do much better. If we ever lost Mendy for a long period we would see a big drop off with Redman. IMO Barber isn't the answer either.

feltdizz
06-20-2011, 10:42 AM

Count me as one of the guys who think we can do much better than Redman. He may be a serviceable RB to have on the roster but he is nowhere close to a legit #2 in a RB tandem...we can do much better. If we ever lost Mendy for a long period we would see a big drop off with Redman. IMO Barber isn't the answer either.
I disagree Ovie...

Every time Redman touches the football good things happen and most times the D knows he is getting it. He is the perfect compliment to Mendenhall and he is a much better blocker.

We wouldn't see a big drop off at all... if anything you would see more consistency. He wouldn't take it to the house if he broke free (see SB example) but Redman wouldn't dance for 1 yard for stretches like Mend did last year.

I like Mendenhall and he has it all but I would love to see him run in the regular season like he did in the playoffs.

Eddie Spaghetti
06-20-2011, 11:23 AM
ovi still hating on the undrafted guys. some things never change.

redman is a really nice 2nd back IMO. runs hard and plays with tenacity. blocks well and gets the tough yard in short yardage situations.

his play on 3rd and 9 last year helped win the division last year in balt. if i remember correctly he was hit at the 5 and dragged two guys into the endzone for the winning score.

Oviedo
06-20-2011, 11:39 AM

redman is a really nice 2nd back IMO. runs hard and plays with tenacity. blocks well and gets the tough yard in short yardage situations.

his play on 3rd and 9 last year helped win the division last year in balt. if i remember correctly he was hit at the 5 and dragged two guys into the endzone for the winning score.

Sure. If you want to just throw out cliches go for it, but Redman will not be a difference maker for this team. But since we like underdogs let's just root for him versus trying to get better.

D Rock
06-20-2011, 12:40 PM

Sure. If you want to just throw out cliches go for it, but Redman will not be a difference maker for this team. But since we like underdogs let's just root for him versus trying to get better.

He already has been a difference maker. He coverts 3rd and short regularly and, as noted in the post you responded to, made a huge play to beat Baltimore.

He might not ever be #1 RB material, but he is and can be a difference maker.

hawaiiansteel
06-20-2011, 12:41 PM
King: Tiki Barber could be headed for Pittsburgh

Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/tikigetty-e1308568795103.jpg?w=250

So with running back Tiki Barber making a comeback after four years out of the game and at the ripe old age (by running back standards) of 36, no one will be interested, right?

Maybe not. Peter King of Sports Illustrated speculates — but also seems to know more than he’s letting on — that Barber will be given a shot with the Steelers.

King explains that Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin has a close relationship with Tiki’s twin brother, Ronde, arising from their five seasons of working together in Tampa.

Also, King says that Tomlin wouldn’t be shy about cutting Tiki if he fails to win a roster spot, mentioning Mewelde Moore as a guy whom Barber possibly wouldn’t beat out. Given that Moore will be a free agent once the lockout ends, there’s a chance Barber won’t have to worry about Moore at all.

As to the notion that Barber will “fit right in” with a veteran locker room in Pittsburgh, the bigger question is whether he’ll truly fit in, especially when he tries clumsily to make a crack about Ben Roethlisberger’s misadventures in Milledgeville. Tiki didn’t fit in with the Giants, and there are strong similarities and connections between the two organizations.

That said, if Barber can still bring it (and, remember, he gained more than 2,000 yards from scrimmage in his final three seasons), he could give the Steelers a viable bridge from Rashard Mendenhall, whose ill-advised comments about Osama bin Laden possibly have made him persona non grata. But if the Steelers have soured on Mendenhall because of his actions far removed from the field of play, it’s possible that the franchise never will really warm up to Tiki.

Back in March, when news of Tiki’s intent to unretire first emerged and a preliminary link to Pittsburgh was floated, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that the Rooney family “will reject any suggestion by their coach to sign Barber,” given the events that transpired last year in Tiki’s personal life. And even if the Rooneys were inclined to accept Barber’s effort in his Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel interview with Armen Keteyian to dull the perception that he dumped his pregnant-with-twins wife while she was, you know, pregnant with twins, a call would be made to the Giants to inquire as to whether signing Barber would be a good idea, and there’s a good chance that the answer from the Giants won’t point to making the move.

Still, Tiki’s destination remains one of the interesting issues that remain clustered on the back burner until the lockout ends. King’s story regarding the possibility of Pittsburgh pursuing Barber makes it a little more interesting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ittsburgh/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/20/tiki-barber-could-be-headed-for-pittsburgh/)

Oviedo
06-20-2011, 12:59 PM
King: Tiki Barber could be headed for Pittsburgh

Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/tikigetty-e1308568795103.jpg?w=250

So with running back Tiki Barber making a comeback after four years out of the game and at the ripe old age (by running back standards) of 36, no one will be interested, right?

Maybe not. Peter King of Sports Illustrated speculates — but also seems to know more than he’s letting on — that Barber will be given a shot with the Steelers.

King explains that Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin has a close relationship with Tiki’s twin brother, Ronde, arising from their five seasons of working together in Tampa.

Also, King says that Tomlin wouldn’t be shy about cutting Tiki if he fails to win a roster spot, mentioning Mewelde Moore as a guy whom Barber possibly wouldn’t beat out. Given that Moore will be a free agent once the lockout ends, there’s a chance Barber won’t have to worry about Moore at all.

As to the notion that Barber will “fit right in” with a veteran locker room in Pittsburgh, the bigger question is whether he’ll truly fit in, especially when he tries clumsily to make a crack about Ben Roethlisberger’s misadventures in Milledgeville. Tiki didn’t fit in with the Giants, and there are strong similarities and connections between the two organizations.

That said, if Barber can still bring it (and, remember, he gained more than 2,000 yards from scrimmage in his final three seasons), he could give the Steelers a viable bridge from Rashard Mendenhall, whose ill-advised comments about Osama bin Laden possibly have made him persona non grata. But if the Steelers have soured on Mendenhall because of his actions far removed from the field of play, it’s possible that the franchise never will really warm up to Tiki.

Back in March, when news of Tiki’s intent to unretire first emerged and a preliminary link to Pittsburgh was floated, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that the Rooney family “will reject any suggestion by their coach to sign Barber,” given the events that transpired last year in Tiki’s personal life. And even if the Rooneys were inclined to accept Barber’s effort in his Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel interview with Armen Keteyian to dull the perception that he dumped his pregnant-with-twins wife while she was, you know, pregnant with twins, a call would be made to the Giants to inquire as to whether signing Barber would be a good idea, and there’s a good chance that the answer from the Giants won’t point to making the move.

Still, Tiki’s destination remains one of the interesting issues that remain clustered on the back burner until the lockout ends. King’s story regarding the possibility of Pittsburgh pursuing Barber makes it a little more interesting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ittsburgh/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/20/tiki-barber-could-be-headed-for-pittsburgh/)

The Rooneys and the Maras are literally extended family. The Rooneys will know everything that can be known about him and they will make the final decision.

RuthlessBurgher
06-20-2011, 01:16 PM
The Rooneys and the Maras are literally extended family. The Rooneys will know everything that can be known about him and they will make the final decision.

Yup. The girl who was tagged to play Lisbeth Salander in David Fincher's upcoming English-language version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" is a great granddaughter of both Steelers' founder Art Rooney and Giants' founder Tim Mara. Her name is Rooney Mara. She also played the girl who breaks up with Mark Zuckerberg at the beginning of Fincher's "The Social Network."

BEFORE:

http://www.influence-film.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ca6e86447bCB66C4.jpg.jpg

AFTER:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.popeater.com/media/2011/06/girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo2-1307646186.jpg

Eddie Spaghetti
06-20-2011, 03:04 PM

im not "throwing out cliches", i'm just describing his play and contributions on the football field as i see them when i watch the games.

you wanted this kid cut 2 training camps ago and he has been making you look like a fool ever since.

feltdizz
06-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Redman detractors will never admit they were wrong. They will always see him as a guy who can easily be replaced.

rpmpit
06-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I think Tiki or his agent leaked this hoping other teams will think "hey, if the Steelers want Tiki, maybe we should give him a look." Or something like that.

That being said, Tiki went out on the top of his game. Was still productive when he retired. Still, I can't see him being a Steeler. Showed his true colors when he talked ish about Eli and Couglin when he left. Loved that the Giants won the SB the year after he left.

If we're gonna bring a rb back from the dead, I'd rather see FWP back in B&G.

phillyesq
06-20-2011, 08:38 PM
It would be great if this headline were an actual new release only because signing Barber would mean that the lockout ended and things were back to businesses.

Tiki Barber before he retired - sure, I'd like to see him as a compliment to Mendy/Redman. You can never have too many good backs, and his talent likely narrowly outweighs the negatives.

Tiki Barber, now 35 or however old he is, having not played in a few years, and coming off a lockout with no real offseason to get in shape and learn the playbook - no thanks.

aggiebones
06-20-2011, 10:41 PM
RB is the easiest place to go youth, especially when you have 2 veterans that have contributed. Picking up Barber would be pointless and dumb. The fact that Tomlin is close with the Barbers is the only reason, but even that won't help.

BradshawsHairdresser
06-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I think Tiki or his agent leaked this hoping other teams will think "hey, if the Steelers want Tiki, maybe we should give him a look." Or something like that.

That being said, Tiki went out on the top of his game. Was still productive when he retired. Still, I can't see him being a Steeler. Showed his true colors when he talked ish about Eli and Couglin when he left. Loved that the Giants won the SB the year after he left.

If we're gonna bring a rb back from the dead, I'd rather see FWP back in B&G.
:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

sentinel33
06-21-2011, 02:35 AM
I'd rather give those touches to redman and dwyer.

I'd rather give that money to Ike.

I have no problem with Mendenhall, Redman, Dwyer and Batch in the barn. Fast Willie and a slew of other RB's waiting for an opportunity.

No to Barber.

hawaiiansteel
06-21-2011, 03:05 AM
No to Barber.

no kidding, we don't need another divorced guy on our team!

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkqn85rEix1qfgi90o1_500.jpg

steelblood
06-21-2011, 07:30 AM
I don't want a 36 year old RB. Geez, why don't we sign Larry Cszonka while we are at it, he is still alive.

Oviedo
06-21-2011, 08:26 AM
I don't want a 36 year old RB. Geez, why don't we sign Larry Cszonka while we are at it, he is still alive.

I was think Franco Harris or Rocky Blier. At least keep it in the family. :wink:

BradshawsHairdresser
06-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Can he play CB?

proudpittsburgher
06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
So basically, Florio and King are hedging their hunches on the fact that Tomlin was close with Rhonde Barber, who is nothing like his brother. Unselfish, hard working, dependable, never quit on his team. Can their insider information get any thinner than that? The Steelers already put an end to this speculation the first time the story surfaced. So they wait a month then regurgatate the same story again? if you aren't happy with the already-crowded backfield, give it to Parker. Tiki, who is public abotu the fact he wants a lot of touches, will only be a distraction and a very minute chance that he will actually be, you know, productive.

Oviedo
06-21-2011, 10:06 AM
So basically, Florio and King are hedging their hunches on the fact that Tomlin was close with Rhonde Barber, who is nothing like his brother. Unselfish, hard working, dependable, never quit on his team. Can their insider information get any thinner than that? The Steelers already put an end to this speculation the first time the story surfaced. So they wait a month then regurgatate the same story again? if you aren't happy with the already-crowded backfield, give it to Parker. Tiki, who is public abotu the fact he wants a lot of touches, will only be a distraction and a very minute chance that he will actually be, you know, productive.

:Agree Barber = Bad Ju Ju

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2011, 10:28 AM

After Tiki compared himself to Anne Frank in a recent interview, you might say Bad Jew Jew instead. :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6594980

feltdizz
06-21-2011, 11:08 AM

usually I don't give a damn about affairs and soap opera drama but Tiki Barber is a b!tch azz dude. Life after football has been horrible for this dude...

Quit on his team, gets a gig on TV, trashes his former team only to watch them win the SB, interview Eli after the win and get clowned on air, gets his wife pregnant with Twins, gets caught having an affair with his white assistant, in Africa of all places(I'm sorry but I find that Dave Chappelle hilarious).... which results in him losing the daytime crowd because it's all women who are sitting at home watching TV while their husbands are at work(with their female assistants)

:wft Tiki

fordfixer
06-21-2011, 02:32 PM

After Tiki compared himself to Anne Frank in a recent interview, you might say Bad Jew Jew instead. :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6594980

That's just wrong............Funny but wrong :lol: :lol:

hawaiiansteel
07-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Tiki says Steelers, Bucs are on his short list

Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/1302129654359_original.jpg?w=250

Last month, Tiki Barber’s media tour encountered a significant road bump, in the form of Mike Francesa’s radio show. After the argument regarding whether Tiki’s time at NBC was a failure subsided, agent Mark Lepselter said that two teams have shown significant interest.

In a new interview with Tom Pedulla of USA Today, Barber said that the Steelers and the Buccaneers are on his own short list. Though Barber didn’t bridge the gap between his own interests and the two teams who supposedly are seriously interested, it would be reasonable to conclude that the teams in which Tiki is interested are the teams that are interested in him.

We’ll find out not long after the lockout ends whether the Steelers or the Buccaneers or some other team is interested in Barber. Giants statement Pat Hanlon reiterated to Pedulla that the team plans to release Barber from the reserve/retired list once business can be done, making Barber a free agent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... hort-list/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/05/tiki-says-steelers-bucs-are-on-his-short-list/)

feltdizz
07-06-2011, 08:39 AM

:Agree

papillon
07-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Tiki says Steelers, Bucs are on his short list

Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/1302129654359_original.jpg?w=250

Last month, Tiki Barber’s media tour encountered a significant road bump, in the form of Mike Francesa’s radio show. After the argument regarding whether Tiki’s time at NBC was a failure subsided, agent Mark Lepselter said that two teams have shown significant interest.

In a new interview with Tom Pedulla of USA Today, Barber said that the Steelers and the Buccaneers are on his own short list. Though Barber didn’t bridge the gap between his own interests and the two teams who supposedly are seriously interested, it would be reasonable to conclude that the teams in which Tiki is interested are the teams that are interested in him.

We’ll find out not long after the lockout ends whether the Steelers or the Buccaneers or some other team is interested in Barber. Giants statement Pat Hanlon reiterated to Pedulla that the team plans to release Barber from the reserve/retired list once business can be done, making Barber a free agent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... hort-list/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/05/tiki-says-steelers-bucs-are-on-his-short-list/)

Um, he can make his short list even shorter, if you know what I mean. He's a fairly arrogant fool to say what teams are on his short list as if there are 32 teams interested in bringing him in for a look.

Ah, no to the Tiki bar(ber).

Pappy

pfelix73
07-06-2011, 09:47 AM
This might be a good idea bringing him in to camp. Barber says he needs football right now, so even if he gets cut in camp, he might get an offer to stick around with the team as some kind of an advisor ala Joe Greene. Just a thought...

:tt1

Oviedo
07-06-2011, 11:00 AM
This might be a good idea bringing him in to camp. Barber says he needs football right now, so even if he gets cut in camp, he might get an offer to stick around with the team as some kind of an advisor ala Joe Greene. Just a thought...

Sorry but I have to disagree. There is nothing good that could come out of bring Barber in. In the short time we will have in camp you would take carries away from Redman, Dwyer and B. Batch. If you want a veteran presence then just sign Moore back because he knows the system. Barber is an egotistical jerk and we don't need that.

Eich
07-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Sorry but I have to disagree. There is nothing good that could come out of bring Barber in. In the short time we will have in camp you would take carries away from Redman, Dwyer and B. Batch. If you want a veteran presence then just sign Moore back because he knows the system. Barber is an egotistical jerk and we don't need that.

COMPLETELY agree with your disagreement.

ikestops85
07-06-2011, 12:04 PM

COMPLETELY agree with your disagreement.

Me too ... I think :?

RuthlessBurgher
07-06-2011, 12:11 PM

Advisor? Dude has more of a locker room cancer than a leader. Seems to badmouth coaches and teammates when things don't go his way. And this way when he was a Pro Bowl quality talent. I can't imagine what he'd be like having to play second fiddle to someone. Other than teaching Mendenhall how to hold the high and tight to prevent fumbles (Tiki had an acute case of fumblitis early in his career, but he changed the way he held the ball, and was actually quite secure with the ball late in his career), I cannot think of anything Tiki would be able to offer the team in an advisory role.

Shoe
07-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't want Tiki Barber taking away time from Redman. Bear in mind, I'm not saying Tiki can't play. He may be able to, he may not. The point is Redman. The guy has untapped potential, and you don't want to delay or undermine that by siphoning off playing time to some has-been. Redman is not some superstar, but he has a ton of value as a role-player. I mean, let's see if he can pick up blitzes. Let's see if he can catch the ball. Let's see how he steps up in big moments in big games.

aggiebones
07-06-2011, 03:20 PM
While I don't like him and don't see much value in a guy that's not played in 4 years who also is old, what if Mendy got hurt or is missing 4-6 weeks early in the season? I like Redman as Ovie knows from our previous headbutting last preseason. But do I trust he and Dwyer to carry a heavy load if Mendy sprains a knee or something? Probably not.

Contracts aren't guaranteed. Give him some looks, work him out a bit, then cut him if the RB situation looks good. I'd make him an early casualty to the Turk however.

hawaiiansteel
07-06-2011, 04:35 PM
WEDNESDAY, JULY 06, 2011

Again with the Barber talk?

Every two or three weeks, the agent for Tiki Barber talks to a reporter and expresses an interest for his client to return to the NFL.

And every time, the agent drops the Steelers - along with Tampa Bay - as the team his client would like to wind up with.

And every time I am again forced to reiterate that there is very little chance Barber winds up in Pittsburgh.

Just because Barber would like to play for the Steelers and his agent keeps saying that two teams have shown interest in the former Pro Bowl running back, doesn't mean the Steelers have shown interest in Barber.

In fact, I highly doubt any team has shown interest in Barber. At this point, he's still property of the New York Giants until they release him from their retired list.

The Steelers just don't work that way, particularly with somebody who is property of a team with which the Steelers have very close ties.

posted by Dale Lolley

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 45485.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_745485.html)

BradshawsHairdresser
07-06-2011, 05:51 PM
WEDNESDAY, JULY 06, 2011

Again with the Barber talk?

Every two or three weeks, the agent for Tiki Barber talks to a reporter and expresses an interest for his client to return to the NFL.

And every time, the agent drops the Steelers - along with Tampa Bay - as the team his client would like to wind up with.

And every time I am again forced to reiterate that there is very little chance Barber winds up in Pittsburgh.

Just because Barber would like to play for the Steelers and his agent keeps saying that two teams have shown interest in the former Pro Bowl running back, doesn't mean the Steelers have shown interest in Barber.

In fact, I highly doubt any team has shown interest in Barber. At this point, he's still property of the New York Giants until they release him from their retired list.

The Steelers just don't work that way, particularly with somebody who is property of a team with which the Steelers have very close ties.

posted by Dale Lolley

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 45485.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_745485.html)

Got to agree with LolleyPop...I can't see the Steelers going after TikiWinky.

Steel Life
07-06-2011, 06:26 PM
This is a non-issue...bring him in, see what he's got & if he can contribute, sign him. Aside from Mendy & Redman, we have a bunch of question marks & as far as being a distraction, I highly doubt it - the guy has been humbled & comes to a lockeroom where the leaders of the team are entrenched. Its the same parameters for all those who say to bring back Plax, there is no downside to bringing Tiki in for a look.

hawaiiansteel
07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
This is a non-issue...bring him in, see what he's got & if he can contribute, sign him. Aside from Mendy & Redman, we have a bunch of question marks & as far as being a distraction, I highly doubt it - the guy has been humbled & comes to a lockeroom where the leaders of the team are entrenched. Its the same parameters for all those who say to bring back Plax, there is no downside to bringing Tiki in for a look.

don't you think Plax and Tiki would want up-front signing bonuses in order to sign?

Eich
07-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Some of the guys suggested to become advisors and mentors are funny. I wouldn't want Tiki advising anyone on our team. And here in the DC area, the talk radio heads keep talking about wanting Plax on the Redskins to be their tall receiver and as a veteran to MENTOR their guys.

Plax as a MENTOR? :lol: I liked him as a receiver but if you're looking to him as a mentor, I gotta wonder what calibur of people you have that need his mentoring !

feltdizz
07-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Some of the guys suggested to become advisors and mentors are funny. I wouldn't want Tiki advising anyone on our team. And here in the DC area, the talk radio heads keep talking about wanting Plax on the Redskins to be their tall receiver and as a veteran to MENTOR their guys.

Plax as a MENTOR? :lol: I liked him as a receiver but if you're looking to him as a mentor, I gotta wonder what calibur of people you have that need his mentoring !

These guys would make great mentors if you do the exact opposite of what they suggest.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Plax: gun safety mentor
Tiki: marriage and family mentor

No thanks

RuthlessBurgher
07-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Plax: gun safety mentor
Tiki: marriage and family mentor

No thanks

Who needs the rookie symposium? These two can answer the truly tough moral dilemmas, such as:

It's bad to walk into a NYC nightclub with a loaded pistol held firmly in the waistband of your sweatpants and shoot yourself in the thigh?

It's bad to leave your wife, who is pregnant with twins, to screw around with a 23 year old intern in your agent's attic and comparing that situation to a "reverse Anne Frank"?