PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers: Who Steelers Fans Love to Hate

Djfan
06-17-2011, 08:44 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/735517-pittsburgh-steelers-who-we-love-to-hate

Something weird happened over the past few weeks. Amidst the NFL lockout without football talk to occupy my time I found myself watching something that I never spent more than a few moments of my time before: the NBA Playoffs.

Don’t get me wrong, I like basketball and do enjoy watching many of the players, but without an NBA team in Pittsburgh, I have never truly gotten into the pro game.

But this year something was different, something drew me into the playoff action. It was a force, an evil force that I could not resist but to root against: LeBron James.

I was never a fan of James but was rather indifferent to him when he was in Cleveland. That indifference changed on the night of “The Decision.”

How arrogant can you be to have your own special show to announce your intentions of leaving a city that worshipped you? It was everything that is wrong with sports today wrapped up into a sad self-promotion.

What does this have to do with football and the Steelers?

Not since the New York Giants-New England Patriots Super Bowl did I find myself rooting so hard against a team that I had no association with.

In the NBA Finals, I didn’t care that the Dallas Mavericks won. I was simply thrilled to see James lose.

But that did not even match up to the joy and excitement I felt when former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Plaxico Burress reeled in the game-winning touchdown with only seconds to go to defeat the previously undefeated Tom Brady and his Patriots in Super Bowl XLII.

That got me thinking, who in the NFL do Steelers fans absolutely loathe?

At this point you need to click the link and start the slide show at the bottom of the page.

hawaiiansteel
06-17-2011, 10:22 PM
my Top-5 list:

1) Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and the entire Pats* organization

2) the Baltimore Ravens

3) Jerry Jones and the entire Cowboys organization

4) Roger Goodell

5) the whiny, crybaby Seahawks fans