PDA

View Full Version : The End Of The NFL As We Know It

drprwnap
06-11-2011, 01:15 PM
This could be a real possibility (I hope not!).

http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblaw ... ow-it.html (http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblawg/2011/06/the-end-of-the-nfl-as-we-know-it.html)

Discipline of Steel
06-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Great information but I was expecting an article about how the game is rapidly evolving away from the one we grew up loving. I guess that bothers me a lot more than the lockout.

Djfan
06-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Great information but I was expecting an article about how the game is rapidly evolving away from the one we grew up loving. I guess that bothers me a lot more than the lockout.

Me too, DOS. So, we get this lockout nonsense solved. What do we come back to? A league where the defense may or may not be illegal, depending on how the ref interprets it, and if Brady or Manning are the opposing QBs.

It's been since the early 90's since I've said this, but I am really not looking forward to this season.

AzStillers1989
06-18-2011, 03:21 AM

Me too, DOS. So, we get this lockout nonsense solved. What do we come back to? A league where the defense may or may not be illegal, depending on how the ref interprets it, and if Brady or Manning are the opposing QBs.

It's been since the early 90's since I've said this, but I am really not looking forward to this season.
:Agree

the game has changed ...

pfelix73
06-18-2011, 08:06 PM
:Agree too-

Really don't care if the season starts on time or not... NFL needs some competition...

Djfan
06-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Really don't care if the season starts on time or not... NFL needs some competition...

Agreed. The USFL was the last real competition. Maybe the UFL will be something to watch. I have enjoyed it.

Discipline of Steel
06-19-2011, 01:32 AM

Agreed. The USFL was the last real competition. Maybe the UFL will be something to watch. I have enjoyed it.

Only Jack Lambert can save the league now.

hawaiiansteel
06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Report: New CBA to have 16-game Thursday schedule

Posted June 21, 2011
by PFW staff

NFL owners would like to expand the "Thursday Night Football" schedule from eight to 16 games in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on Thursday. The longer schedule would begin in 2012, according to the report, and be the source of new revenue for the league.

Currently, "TNF" is aired on the NFL Network, but is expected that the new package will be up for bid to other television networks to maximize potential revenue. The league owns and operates the NFL Network.

The way we see it

Most players prefer to play on Sundays or Mondays, but this figures to be a less contentious part of the CBA negotiations than some of the other issues. If it means more revenue for the league, it would mean more money for the players, something both sides are in favor of.

http://burgh.us/55q

Discipline of Steel
06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Report: New CBA to have 16-game Thursday schedule

Posted June 21, 2011
by PFW staff

NFL owners would like to expand the "Thursday Night Football" schedule from eight to 16 games in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on Thursday. The longer schedule would begin in 2012, according to the report, and be the source of new revenue for the league.

Currently, "TNF" is aired on the NFL Network, but is expected that the new package will be up for bid to other television networks to maximize potential revenue. The league owns and operates the NFL Network.

The way we see it

Most players prefer to play on Sundays or Mondays, but this figures to be a less contentious part of the CBA negotiations than some of the other issues. If it means more revenue for the league, it would mean more money for the players, something both sides are in favor of.

http://burgh.us/55q

Good. That means there are 16 weeks scheduled and hopefully that gets written into the CBA for at least the next 5 years. I do not think this occurrence signifies the end of Goodells quest for 18. Or Jerry Jones 22.