PDA

View Full Version : Pryor skipping Senior season

Oviedo
06-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Let's get it out of the way now. NO WAY should the Steelers be interested. Pryor is a man with no position. He is not a good QB, he is an athlete playing QB.

We have Ben and will have Ben for at least another 5-6 years so Pryor would have no chance to ever play here unless he embraced becoming an H-back/WR. He won't do that because it significantly downgrades the earning potential he would have if he pretends to be a QB as long as he can.

Plus the last thing he needs is to return to his hometown where he will have a built in group of "homeboys" wanting to catch a piece of the ride. Recipe for disaster for a person who has obvious issues determining the difference between right or wrong or just doesn't care about it.

Notleadpoisoned
06-08-2011, 08:21 AM
The Arizona Cardinals should at least take a look at him since he's no better or no worse than what they currently have at the QB position right now.

RuthlessBurgher
06-08-2011, 10:17 AM
I agree that we should have no interest whatsoever in Pryor. But what if the other guys who also got the 5 game suspension decide not to return? In addition to quarterback Terrelle Pryor, players also receiving 5 games suspensions for selling awards, gifts and apparel were running back Dan Herron, receiver DeVier Posey, offensive tackle Mike Adams and defensive end Solomon Thomas.

Currently, OT Mike Adams (6'8" 305 lbs.) is projected to be a late first round pick. RB Dan Herron (5'10" 205 lbs.) and WR DeVier Posey (6'2" 213 lbs.) are projected to go on day two of the draft (rounds 2 or 3). If these guys came out as well, and were in a supplemental draft next month in which we would have to give up a pick in next year's draft to take one of them, would you gamble on any of them?

When players come out in the supplementary draft, their values tend to drop...might it be worth giving up, say, a 2012 3rd round pick for a 6'8" 305 lbs. offensive tackle? Cam Heyward could give you a detail scouting report on the guy from always facing off against him in practice (provided, of course, that management is able to talk to current players like Heyward by then). Then you could breathe easy letting Willie Colon walk, knowing that you have two OT's of the future (Marcus Gilbert and Mike Adams) behind Max Starks and Flozell Adams. A later round pick for someone like Posey could also be an interesting consideration if these other guys decide to come out as well now that their coach has resigned.

feltdizz
06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Let's get it out of the way now. NO WAY should the Steelers be interested. Pryor is a man with no position. He is not a good QB, he is an athlete playing QB.

We have Ben and will have Ben for at least another 5-6 years so Pryor would have no chance to ever play here unless he embraced becoming an H-back/WR. He won't do that because it significantly downgrades the earning potential he would have if he pretends to be a QB as long as he can.

Plus the last thing he needs is to return to his hometown where he will have a built in group of "homeboys" wanting to catch a piece of the ride. Recipe for disaster for a person who has obvious issues determining the difference between right or wrong or just doesn't care about it.

I don't want him as a QB but if he is willing to switch positions he is worth a look if he is cheap.

It's not like Pryor was arrested for fighting or drugs...

Pryor is the scapegoat for the Buckeye Car Loan Program that EVERYONE has been talking about for the last 8 years. Tressell knew what was going on since the Claurett days and he wasn't the cleanest guy at Youngstown St. from what I've heard.

feltdizz
06-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I agree that we should have no interest whatsoever in Pryor. But what if the other guys who also got the 5 game suspension decide not to return? In addition to quarterback Terrelle Pryor, players also receiving 5 games suspensions for selling awards, gifts and apparel were running back Dan Herron, receiver DeVier Posey, offensive tackle Mike Adams and defensive end Solomon Thomas.

Currently, OT Mike Adams (6'8" 305 lbs.) is projected to be a late first round pick. RB Dan Herron (5'10" 205 lbs.) and WR DeVier Posey (6'2" 213 lbs.) are projected to go on day two of the draft (rounds 2 or 3). If these guys came out as well, and were in a supplemental draft next month in which we would have to give up a pick in next year's draft to take one of them, would you gamble on any of them?

When players come out in the supplementary draft, their values tend to drop...might it be worth giving up, say, a 2012 3rd round pick for a 6'8" 305 lbs. offensive tackle? Cam Heyward could give you a detail scouting report on the guy from always facing off against him in practice (provided, of course, that management is able to talk to current players like Heyward by then). Then you could breathe easy letting Willie Colon walk, knowing that you have two OT's of the future (Marcus Gilbert and Mike Adams) behind Max Starks and Flozell Adams. A later round pick for someone like Posey could also be an interesting consideration if these other guys decide to come out as well now that their coach has resigned.

:Agree

these guys did what most college stars do.. they just got caught. I don't think it hurts their on field performance but it makes them much cheaper if they go in the supplementary draft.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
06-08-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm burning our 2012 3rd on Adams. I think there will be others ahead of us in line. I'm close to even saying a 2nd. Adams is a healthy 2011 away from possibly being considered in the top 25. He looks to have the tools to be a LT at the next level. The one thing about his position and being suspended is that he could solidify his draft stock IF he is given the starting spot when he returns after his suspension (if he receives one). We will see what happens but I would be interested.

Oviedo
06-08-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm burning our 2012 3rd on Adams. I think there will be others ahead of us in line. I'm close to even saying a 2nd. Adams is a healthy 2011 away from possibly being considered in the top 25. He looks to have the tools to be a LT at the next level. The one thing about his position and being suspended is that he could solidify his draft stock IF he is given the starting spot when he returns after his suspension (if he receives one). We will see what happens but I would be interested.

Adams would be the one guy off the list of the OSU "bad boys" who I would be very interested in. I have to agree that I may take the risk and burn a Round 2 pick. Look at it this way, you burn a 2012 pick but by the time that draft goes off next April/May you have already had that player in your system for a year working and learning. Sounds like potentially better value than waiting.

That said, it really isn't the Steelers style to play in the Supplemental draft.

jj28west
06-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Al Davis is already thinking of making him the starter.

hawaiiansteel
06-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Updated: June 8, 2011

Terrelle Pryor signings netted thousands

By Tom Farrey and Justine Gubar
ESPN.com

http://www.bullcitystateofmind.com/storage/terrelle-pryor1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=128387285092 8

A former friend of Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor tells Tom Farrey that he earned up to 40K signing gear

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Terrelle Pryor, who announced through his attorney Tuesday that he would bypass his senior season at Ohio State, made thousands of dollars autographing memorabilia in 2009-10, a former friend who says he witnessed the transactions has told "Outside the Lines."

The signings for cash, which would be a violation of NCAA rules, occurred a minimum of 35 to 40 times, netting Pryor anywhere from $20,000 to $40,000 that year, the former friend says. The source spoke to ESPN under the condition that his face not be aired on TV and that his name not be published.

He said Pryor was paid $500 to $1,000 each time he signed mini football helmets and other gear for a Columbus businessman and freelance photographer, Dennis Talbott. Talbott twice denied to ESPN that he ever paid Pryor or any other active Buckeyes athlete to sign memorabilia. He said last week he has only worked with former players to set up signings.

On Tuesday evening, he declined to comment whether he had ever operated a sports memorabilia business and said he was not an Ohio State booster.

Pryor's former friend also told "Outside the Lines" that the player often received preferential treatment in the Columbus community, receiving thousands of dollars in free food at local restaurants and convenience stores, free drinks at bars and free tattoos. In addition, he said the quarterback had access to free loaner cars from local dealerships.

The source said he spent nearly every day with Pryor before their relationship soured when Pryor began taking on a more "arrogant" attitude after his 2009-10 season.

Terrelle Pryor's departure was unavoidable, as scrutiny in Columbus escalated and a wave of NCAA allegations into his car usage tarnished the Buckeyes' image, Adam Rittenberg writes. Blog

If Terrelle Pryor wants to know who led him to look for a paying football job a year before he wanted to leave, look in the mirror, Ivan Maisel writes. Story

While Terrelle Pryor has left behind profound questions, Mel Kiper Jr. ponders another looming big one: Is Pryor likely jumping to the NFL via the supplemental draft as a QB or potential WR? Story

He said Pryor would get the merchandise to sign from Talbott, who would "bring it to TP, and he would sign it and he would bring him cash. Dennis would give him cash." He said he witnessed the transactions occur about three to four times a week at Pryor's apartment.

The former friend said Pryor would spend his money lavishly at times, that the player had a "shoe fetish" and bought many expensive hats, belts and pieces of jewelry. He said he was particularly fond of Gucci items. ESPN independently confirmed Pryor made multiple such purchases.

Pryor's attorney, Larry James, denied the allegations against his client.

"Terrelle did not sign memorabilia for cash," he said.

Ohio State spokesman Jim Lynch, when asked Wednesday by ESPN.com whether the university has investigated or is currently investigating Talbott, said: "We currently have an active investigation with the NCAA and we are unable to provide details of the specific case until that matter is resolved."

Pryor may not have been the first active Buckeyes player to collect cash for signatures from Talbott. The parent of one former Ohio State player told "Outside the Lines" that he saw Talbott provide what he called "stacks of money" to active Buckeyes players, including a player now in the NFL.

Pryor's former friend said he was wary of Talbott: "He's the type of person that ... I think he really took advantage over TP because he was that person, and he would bring him, he would bring TP like memorabilia to sell for other people. So Dennis is not a good guy for college athletes. That's the guy you really don't want to be around."

Talbott, 40, shot photos of the major sports teams in Ohio, including Ohio State and the Cincinnati Bengals, as a freelance photographer. He has sold images to ESPN.com in the past.

On Tuesday, he denied that he ever received game tickets from players, though records from Ohio State show that he and his wife were on a player's will-call ticket list multiple times throughout the 2008 season. When asked about those records, Talbott said he couldn't remember if he had received such tickets.

According to public websites, Talbott claims to have earned an undergraduate degree from Kent State University and later attended Ohio State briefly. However, the Kent State registrar's office told ESPN.com that Talbott attended only two semesters at the university. Ohio State officials confirmed to ESPN.com that Talbott attended the university for a brief period.

He has managed or owned staffing and employment recruiting businesses in the past decade, though a search of public records reveals a series of liens and financial judgments against him. The most substantial include an Internal Revenue Service lien filed in 2009 for $278,875 in unpaid federal taxes, followed by a state of Ohio tax lien in 2010 for $74,227.

The latest news about Pryor comes just eight days after Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel was forced to resign for not reporting information he'd received about players receiving improper benefits.

Pryor's career at Ohio State, which started with so much promise, came to an abrupt and scandal-ridden end Tuesday evening, when he announced through his attorney that he would not play for the Buckeyes this season. He had already been suspended for the first five games for breaking NCAA rules by accepting improper benefits from the owner of a tattoo parlor.

"In the best interests of my teammates, I've made the decision to forgo my senior year of football at The Ohio State University," Pryor said in a statement issued by James.

James said entering the next NFL supplemental draft is Pryor's "desire." But James acknowledged labor uncertainty could lead to consideration of the Canadian Football League or working with a personal quarterback coach first.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6637444

jj28west
06-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Where do you draw the line on how much control and ownership you can have as a governing body?

The NCAA is reminds me of the Chinese goverment . I could see if he betted on the game or was in a heroin drug ring but come on.

Oviedo
06-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Where do you draw the line on how much control and ownership you can have as a governing body?

The NCAA is reminds me of the Chinese goverment . I could see if he betted on the game or was in a heroin drug ring but come on.

The NCAA is like the old Soviet government...a bunch of old men who make rules for others but live better than those they make the rules for. The NCAA is totally out of touch with the new environment these athletes are in. I totally support establishing rules and having standards but they have to be something that makes sense.

Every student in America could get financial help from lots of sources, e.g. jobs, familiy friends, selling your own stuff on ebay, etc. except for athletes. Many of these other students also receive financial aid from other sources. As a matter of fact many here in Florida are making money going to college because of the Bright Furtures program, etc. ROTC students get paid like $300 per month (possibly more) and Service Academy athletes get half the pay of a 2nd Lt all through college but not other athletes who make millions for Universities.

The NCAA needs to study this issue and do something that makes sense or this will never be anything more than a Catch 22 where like in the old Soviet system you almost force a thriving Black Market to evolve.

hawaiiansteel
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Updated: June 9, 2011

Terrelle Pryor won't play in CFL

ESPN.com news services

Terrelle Pryor is not interested in playing in the Canadian Football League and is focused on the opportunity to be included in the NFL's supplemental draft, Larry James, his attorney, said Thursday.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders own the CFL negotiating rights to Pryor and had extended him a tentative offer.

"They sent the package last night, I forwarded it to Terrelle and Terrelle said that he wasn't interested today," James said.

Asked if Pryor gave him a reason for his lack of interest in the Roughriders, James said: "He did not go into discussion. He just said he's not interested in the Canadian Football League. Obviously the offer was not sufficient to whet his taste buds."

James told ESPN's Joe Schad that he believes Ohio State will provide a letter that will show Pryor would not have been an eligible student-athlete moving forward, which should help Pryor in his cause to be eligible for the supplemental draft due to special circumstances.

Despite the NFL's labor uncertainty, sources at the NFL told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN.com's John Clayton that the league believes it can hold a supplemental draft.

"If there are players that apply and are deemed eligible, there will be a supplemental draft," a league source told Schefter. The supplemental draft, if needed, would be held sometime in July.

Teams submit picks to the league; the team with the highest bid receives the player, but loses the corresponding pick in the next year's draft in April.

Pryor, a three-year starter for the Buckeyes, announced Tuesday that he would be giving up his senior season while the NCAA investigates Ohio State players getting improper benefits, including tattoos, cash and possible deals on cars. Pryor has admitted he broke NCAA rules by accepting improper benefits from a Columbus tattoo-parlor owner.

Pryor is focused on soon selecting a quarterback coach or trainer to work with in the near future, James said. George Whitfield has been mentioned as a possible tutor.

Whitfield, who worked with Newton before the NFL draft, said Newton and Pryor share a number of on-field traits.

"Cam Newton and Terrelle Pryor are comparable," Whitfield told ESPN. "Terrelle is a guy who is going to want to improve his mechanics and there's no evidence to suggest he can't. Cam seemed to have more confidence in his arm strength. But the tools and the ceiling for those two are comparable."

Terrelle Pryor is destined to go down as one of the best quarterbacks in Ohio State history, despite the tattoo-parlor scandal that's overshadowing his exploits on the football field. Among his most notable milestones as a Buckeye are a 31-4 record as a starter, 2,164 career rushing yards and his role in leading Ohio State to three Big Ten titles.

Terrelle Pryor's Ohio State Career Ranks

Passing TDs 57 T-1st
TD Responsible for 76 2nd
Total Offense 8,341 2nd
Comp pct 60.9 3rd
Pass yards 6,177 5th

If Pryor's application for the supplemental draft isn't accepted, the United Football League might provide him with a temporary home.

A well-placed UFL source told Schefter Wednesday that Pryor would benefit from the coaching in the league, which includes high-profile former NFL coaches Marty Schottenheimer, Dennis Green, Jim Fassel and Jerry Glanville. The source said he believes there's "a decent shot" Pryor could wind up playing this year in the UFL.

Any player who signs with the UFL must remain in the league for the entire season before signing with an NFL team. The UFL will announce its schedule Thursday.

Michael Huyghue, the UFL's commissioner, told the Las Vegas Review Journal Wednesday that his league would have a spot available for Pryor.

"We would just place him in the best situation," Huyghue told the newspaper. "For us, Terrelle Pryor can be a great opportunity. There's the question that, at 6 feet 6, is he a quarterback? Is he a wide receiver? He can get a chance in our league to see where his future is. Plus, we have coaches in this league who know how to develop quarterbacks."

In other news, James also said that Pryor will no longer cooperate with NCAA investigators looking into Ohio State's football program, ex-players and current players.

"He doesn't need a reason (to talk to them). He's no longer a student-athlete," said James, who added that Pryor doesn't believe he owes the NCAA any answers. "They're not going to give him or any other student-athlete any due process rights to speak of, so he's moved on."

James said he is "100 percent certain" that at least eight of the nine current additional players mentioned in a Sports Illustrated report who are alleged to have sold autographs or memorabilia to a tattoo shop owner will be cleared. There is some uncertainty about the ninth.

James said he has collected the key memorabilia that those players have gathered, such as Big Ten title rings and Gold Pants Awards. James added that he would "not be surprised" if some of the players already suspended and/or others have been or soon will be re-interviewed by the NCAA to answer questions related to newer allegations.

An Ohio State spokesman, when asked for comment, replied: "The university has an active investigation with the NCAA and we will work cooperatively with them until the matter is resolved. Until then, we won't be discussing details of the case. You should rest assured that any new allegations that come to light will be addressed."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6644544

RuthlessBurgher
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Pryor is the all time leader for TD passes in Ohio State history? I never would have guessed that...

steelblood
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Can he play NT?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
06-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey...Finally an offseason without the "Can he play Center" Jab. Hope we have about 10-12 more of them.

feltdizz
06-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Pryor is the all time leader for TD passes in Ohio State history? I never would have guessed that...

Me neither.. but looking back who really tore it up besides Troy Smith?

I think Ohio States competition has gone down the last few years too.

hawaiiansteel
06-09-2011, 04:26 PM

Pryor is tied with Bobby Hoying for the all-time lead, that certainly puts him into elite company. :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
06-09-2011, 04:30 PM

Pryor is tied with Bobby Hoying for the all-time lead, that certainly puts him into elite company. :roll:

It's tough to live up to the shadows of Art Schlicter and Mike Tomczak. :wink:

hawaiiansteel
06-09-2011, 05:27 PM
It's tough to live up to the shadows of Art Schlicter and Mike Tomczak. :wink:

Art Schlichter would have bet you that no one could have lived up to his shadow, or on anything else you would wanna bet on for that matter. :)

flippy
06-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I'd take a shot at Pryor as a WR. He could be one of the best at that position.

RuthlessBurgher
06-10-2011, 03:20 PM

Or, he could suck out loud. Being big, fast, and athletic doesn't mean squat if you can't run routes (see Jones, Matt). Even though Randle El was primarily a QB at Indiana, we were able to see him line up at WR in games and in workouts before drafting him. We don't even know if Pryor is able to run anything other than a 9 (fly) route, never mind the entire NFL route tree.

hawaiiansteel
06-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Updated: June 10, 2011

Sources: Terrelle Pryor indulged in golf

By Tom Farrey and Justine Gubar
ESPN

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor's relationship with memorabilia salesman Dennis Talbott dates to before Pryor ever took the field at Ohio Stadium, sources have told ESPN's "Outside the Lines."

Pryor and several other Buckeyes players were spotted at a private golf course near Columbus three to four times a week in summer 2008 with Talbott, who was a member. It was before Pryor's freshman season, but after he had already enrolled at the university, according to employees of the club, including the general manager.

It is unclear whether any of the players reimbursed Talbott for the $80- to $100-a-round guest fees. Even if they had, gaining access to the club through Talbott was an exclusive benefit and could be an NCAA violation.

At first, general manager Regan Koivisto thought having a few celebrities would generate a good buzz for the Sciota Reserve Country Club. But, he said, he started to worry when they became frequent guests -- and when he learned that Talbott was a sports memorabilia dealer.

"I said, 'This does not smell good,' " Koivisto said. "If anything bad was happening, I didn't want it to be happening on my property."

Koivisto called the Ohio State athletic department and said he spoke to coach Jim Tressel's secretary. He said he told the woman about how he was concerned about Talbott and Pryor playing together at the club.

"She asked, 'Can I have Coach Tressel call you?' I said, 'He can,' " Koivisto said. "Coach never did call me back. But I never saw Pryor at the club again."

No one else from Ohio State contacted Koivisto, either.

Pryor's attorney, Larry James, would not address the golf outings directly.

"These are really recycled stories. I'm just tired. I don't think it serves any purpose going back and forth because every day there is going to be new allegations," James said. "I haven't discussed them, and quite honestly won't be discussing them because they don't add anything to where he is today."

Talbott showed up at the golf club with two or three players at a time during the summer months, and Pryor was out there about nine or 10 times, said an employee at the club who wished to remain anonymous. The only other player he remembered by name was wide receiver DeVier Posey.

Officials with Ohio State said they could not comment on Posey due to federal student privacy rules.

The employee said Talbott was "kind of boastful" about being around Pryor and other star athletes.

"They seemed to be pretty close," he said.

Talbott was a member of the club from May to September 2008, when he was kicked out due to unpaid bills in the "thousands of dollars," Koivisto said.

Talbott has a trail of debts to various companies stretching across several Ohio counties. Public records also show that tax liens were filed against Talbott by the federal government in 2009 for $278,000, and by the state of Ohio in 2010 for $74,000.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6649132

flippy
06-10-2011, 04:28 PM

Or, he could suck out loud. Being big, fast, and athletic doesn't mean squat if you can't run routes (see Jones, Matt). Even though Randle El was primarily a QB at Indiana, we were able to see him line up at WR in games and in workouts before drafting him. We don't even know if Pryor is able to run anything other than a 9 (fly) route, never mind the entire NFL route tree.

While he's got the same size/speed as Matt Jones, I think the comparison stops there.

Pryor is a more coordinated athlete at 6'6". And has lined up a few times at WR in high school and college. And he's got pretty good hands and can go up and get the ball.

No idea if he can run routes today, but he'll figure it out.

Matt Jones also went a little high as a first rounder. I'd think Pryor might be good value risk in round 2 or 3.

hawaiiansteel
06-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Pryor is a more coordinated athlete at 6'6". And has lined up a few times at WR in high school and college. And he's got pretty good hands and can go up and get the ball.

No idea if he can run routes today, but he'll figure it out.

someone on ESPN was touting Pryor as a possible TE candidate, to suggest that Pryor would be capable of blocking 300 lbs DEs is absurd.

although a conversion to WR is much more likely than to TE, I still think it's highly unlikely. Terrelle will stay at QB...

Jigawatts
06-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Pryor to the NFL? This is crazy talk! I'm sure he'll transfer his credits
to another University and earn his diploma.

Shawn
06-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Adams was highly touted coming out of HS. But, IMO he has been a disappointment. He had a pretty good season last year but I don't see him as an elite talent. Boom Herron is a tough little runner who has enough speed and quickness to also make people miss. With that said, he disappears for whole sections of seasons only to blow up for a few games. We are fine at RB...no need for him. Posey is interesting. He is a solid talent but he isn't spectacular. He is worth a look for a third but I wouldn't give more.

Terrelle Pryor, I agree with the sentiment that he isn't a QB...and he will want to be in the NFL. He has problems with the check down, questionable accuracy and decision making ability. He does have a decent arm, and elite (and I mean elite athleticism). We are talking about a 6 foot 5 QB with 4.4 speed, and the ability to break tackles. Someone will take a chance on him. But, he would best be served at learning the WR position, and run trick sets. Based on his speed size combo he is worth a look in the 4th for any NFL team including the Steelers.

Shawn
06-10-2011, 06:06 PM

I'm not sure where people are getting this on Adams. I suppose his size, school and the HS hooplah are amping this guy up. But, I watched Adams getting used like a turnstyle for much of his career. He looked better last season, but not elite.

hawaiiansteel
06-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Terrelle Pryor: Can the Former OSU Star Help the Pittsburgh Steelers?

By Chris G. (Steelers Featured Columnist) on June 7, 2011

Ohio State star quarterback Terrelle Pryor will not return to the Buckeyes this fall.

“In the best interest of my teammates, I have made the decision to forgo my senior year of football at The Ohio State University,” said Pryor in a statement issued by his lawyer, Larry James.

One of the best college athletes in the nation, Pryor had little choice but to leave the Buckeyes following a five-game suspension for exchanging memorabilia for tattoos as well as a pending NCAA investigation for his use of cars.

Pryor’s next step, while not confirmed, will likely come in the form of entering the NFL supplemental draft.

As the top high school recruit in 2008, Pryor went to Ohio State with huge expectations and an ego to match.

Three Big Ten titles and two BCS bowl wins, including two MVP performances later, Pryor’s college career is over and his NFL career is in question.

In his three seasons at Ohio State, he never truly developed into a quarterback. He lacks mechanics, has sloppy footwork and has not demonstrated the ability to read a defense.

However, NFL teams cannot ignore his athletic abilities. A 6’6” athlete who runs a 4.40 40-yard dash can find a spot in the league, even with the off-the-field concerns.

Quite simply, Pryor is very arrogant and who can blame him? Ever since his high school days at Jeannette, he has been told how great he was. When you are constantly praised and dominate your competition, you begin to buy into the hype and the hype just kept coming for Pryor.

Now with his football career in question, it is time that he reevaluates how he handles himself off-the-field and to rehabilitate his character as well as continue to develop as a football player.

While the Pittsburgh Steelers have typically avoided drafting players with character issues, particularly with recent issues with Ben Roethlisberger, Santonio Holmes and James Harrison, the Steelers could be just the fit that Pryor needs, and I am certainly not talking about quarterback.

Pryor has the make of a potentially very, very good NFL receiver.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/242/970/84179637_crop_650x440.jpg?1307502792

Though he has greatly matured over the past year, Roethlisberger has in the previously expressed his desire for a tall wide receiver.

“I’m always going to ask for a tall receiver,” Roethlisberger said in a 2008 interview with the Post-Gazette. “In the red zone, it’s nice to have a guy like that.”

“To have a big guy who can create mismatches—the same thing happened when [Plaxico Burress] was here. So much presence went to Plax’s side just because he’s a big, good receiver…I just think it would open stuff up for us a lot more.”

Since then, Hines Ward has been consistent the Steelers brought back veteran Antwaan Randle El. Pittsburgh also drafted speed receivers with Mike Wallace, one of the best deep threats in the league, as well as Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown.

While that is a nice group of receivers, there is not an option that is over 6’0” at the receiver position.

Of course there will be talk that the Steelers could always bring back Burress, but they are not going to sign a player who just got released from jail and has been away from the game for two years.

Pittsburgh also has Limas Sweed waiting in the shadows. He has the potential to be a big, physical receiver but his size has not resulted in any production on the field, and he has lacked the necessary mental makeup necessary of a professional.

Enter Pryor. He brings character concerns, but are they enough to keep the Steelers away? I don’t think so.

Pryor would be surrounded by a veteran locker room and a quarterback who has spent the past year rehabilitating his image. Who better to look up to for Pryor than Roethlisberger?

By making a position switch, Pryor’s ego should also be knocked down a notch, and it could help him mature as a player and a person.

Pryor would not be expected to contribute immediately, but he would certainly be a downfield threat with deceptive speed and a red zone option given his outstanding height and leaping ability.

As he is eased into the lineup, he will be able to learn the position from one of the all-time great Steelers in Ward as well as another former college quarterback, Randle El, who made a successful transition to receiver.

Pryor would provide Pittsburgh with a truly elite level prospect to develop opposite of Wallace as a legitimate top receiver and Pittsburgh would provide Pryor with a stable environmental to grow as a person and as a professional.

Though it is a long shot, a fourth- or fifth-round selection in the supplemental draft would be worthwhile for a player with such a high upside, albeit at a new position.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7273 ... h-steelers (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/727364-can-terrelle-pryor-help-the-pittsburgh-steelers)

Shawn
06-12-2011, 03:12 AM
I agree with the article. But, I doubt he would consider a switch if any NFL team is willing to look at him for QB.

Steelerphile
06-12-2011, 08:01 AM
By virtue of the fact that Terrelle Pryor played two seasons at QB at a prestigious football factory like Ohio State and is as high up the University lists for QB production in passing as he is, will give him enough of a reason for him to continue as a QB on the next level. I certainly did not watch Pryor play as often as some of you but when I did, I saw him sometimes make several good throws and have good passing stats.

I don't exactly agree he played as poorly at QB as the general consensus seems to be, nor do I think of him as having zero potential to play QB in the NFL. In fact I think he is probably a better QB prospect than a WR prospect, since he has never played WR and he has played QB. In either case he would be a project who needs a great deal of instruction. But having been rushed into the lineup and having only two seasons as a player, I think there is a lot of room for growth and maturity especially as a person.

In either event, I don't think the Steelers should be the ones to try to mold him either as a WR or QB. His questionable character and off-the-field decisions in college would make him a risky project. Let someone try to do it.

Shawn
06-12-2011, 06:55 PM
By virtue of the fact that Terrelle Pryor played two seasons at QB at a prestigious football factory like Ohio State and is as high up the University lists for QB production in passing as he is, will give him enough of a reason for him to continue as a QB on the next level. I certainly did not watch Pryor play as often as some of you but when I did, I saw him sometimes make several good throws and have good passing stats.

I don't exactly agree he played as poorly at QB as the general consensus seems to be, nor do I think of him as having zero potential to play QB in the NFL. In fact I think he is probably a better QB prospect than a WR prospect, since he has never played WR and he has played QB. In either case he would be a project who needs a great deal of instruction. But having been rushed into the lineup and having only two seasons as a player, I think there is a lot of room for growth and maturity especially as a person.

In either event, I don't think the Steelers should be the ones to try to mold him either as a WR or QB. His questionable character and off-the-field decisions in college would make him a risky project. Let someone try to do it.

Troy Smith was a significantly better passer than Terrelle, and he is barely getting by in the NFL. I think Pryor has Kordell Stewart potential at best. I would be shocked if he became a terrific NFL QB. With that said, he is a guy with a unique skill set. 6 foot 6...has run sub 4.4 times. Not only that but Pryor has a toughness with his running style that is rarely seen in a guy with his kind of speed. His stiff arm is brutal. He is tough to bring down. The guy is dangerous no doubt about it. So, when people speculate that he might make a spectacular WR in the NFL, I can see why. As for QB, if his primary WR gets open, yes he can make some throws. But, if not then he has a propensity to tuck and run. He is really raw at the QB position, and I just don't think he has an elite arm.

I would give a 4th for him every day of the week if he would consider the switch to WR. He is worth the risk.

hawaiiansteel
06-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Raiders could be the perfect fit for Terrelle Pryor

Posted by Evan Silva on June 12, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/terrelle-pryor-pic.jpg?w=250

In Sunday morning’s edition of the Oakland Tribune, Jerry McDonald makes a compelling case for former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor to join the Silver and Black.

The Raiders were known to be exceptionally high on one athletic quarterback in April’s draft, and Pryor is expected to be available for the supplemental version. McDonald calls it “a slam dunk” that Raiders owner Al Davis should take a flier on Pryor if he’s available in the third round or later.

McDonald believes that Pryor resembles No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton “in a lot of ways,” from athleticism to stature to “comparable arm strength.” (NFL Films guru Greg Cosell would disagree.) As a three-year college starter, Pryor also has much more experience than Newton entering the pros.

Whether or not you agree with McDonald’s Pryor-Newton comparison, the Pryor-Raiders connection makes plenty of sense. Pryor has the measurables that Davis covets, and the Raiders’ pre-draft infatuation with Colin Kaepernick confirms that they are indeed seeking a developmental quarterback. 49ers G.M. Trent Baalke was “convinced” that the Raiders were trying to trade up in the draft for Kaepernick.

It’s worth noting that the Raiders already traded away their 2012 second- and fourth-round picks. Since supplemental selections cost a team the corresponding pick in next year’s draft, the Raiders would not be eligible to draft Pryor in either of those rounds.

But they could take him in the third or fifth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lle-pryor/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/12/raiders-could-be-the-perfect-fit-for-terrelle-pryor/)

Oviedo
06-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Raiders could be the perfect fit for Terrelle Pryor

Posted by Evan Silva on June 12, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/terrelle-pryor-pic.jpg?w=250

In Sunday morning’s edition of the Oakland Tribune, Jerry McDonald makes a compelling case for former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor to join the Silver and Black.

The Raiders were known to be exceptionally high on one athletic quarterback in April’s draft, and Pryor is expected to be available for the supplemental version. McDonald calls it “a slam dunk” that Raiders owner Al Davis should take a flier on Pryor if he’s available in the third round or later.

McDonald believes that Pryor resembles No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton “in a lot of ways,” from athleticism to stature to “comparable arm strength.” (NFL Films guru Greg Cosell would disagree.) As a three-year college starter, Pryor also has much more experience than Newton entering the pros.

Whether or not you agree with McDonald’s Pryor-Newton comparison, the Pryor-Raiders connection makes plenty of sense. Pryor has the measurables that Davis covets, and the Raiders’ pre-draft infatuation with Colin Kaepernick confirms that they are indeed seeking a developmental quarterback. 49ers G.M. Trent Baalke was “convinced” that the Raiders were trying to trade up in the draft for Kaepernick.

It’s worth noting that the Raiders already traded away their 2012 second- and fourth-round picks. Since supplemental selections cost a team the corresponding pick in next year’s draft, the Raiders would not be eligible to draft Pryor in either of those rounds.

But they could take him in the third or fifth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lle-pryor/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/12/raiders-could-be-the-perfect-fit-for-terrelle-pryor/)

:Agree It is as far away from Pittsburgh as he can get in the NFL.

Shawn
06-13-2011, 10:56 AM
I actually think the Pryor/Newton comparisons are fair. Pryor is actually more dangerous running the ball than Newton. Both have enough arm strength, and both struggle with accuracy. With that said, Newton has that something extra I can't quite put my finger on. He just seems like a winner, determined and willing to do whatever it takes from a work perspective to get better. Whether or not Newton deserved first overall selection is left to be seen. I will say that I wouldn't want Newton as my QB, as I prefer more polished passers. But, Carolina obviously disagrees with me.

Oviedo
06-13-2011, 04:41 PM
I actually think the Pryor/Newton comparisons are fair. Pryor is actually more dangerous running the ball than Newton. Both have enough arm strength, and both struggle with accuracy. With that said, Newton has that something extra I can't quite put my finger on. He just seems like a winner, determined and willing to do whatever it takes from a work perspective to get better. Whether or not Newton deserved first overall selection is left to be seen. I will say that I wouldn't want Newton as my QB, as I prefer more polished passers. But, Carolina obviously disagrees with me.

I think Newton is much more advanced than Pryor. IMO he throws a better ball and as you pointed out has a Ben-like ability to perform in the clutch. He is far from a finished product but if they give him a year to learn behind Clausen I think he will avoid a JaMarcus Russell like demise.

I wouldn't consider Pryor for a QB if every other option were armless men. IMO he will prove to be the worst of Russell, Young and Leaf.

Steelerphile
06-13-2011, 10:10 PM

Troy Smith was a significantly better passer than Terrelle, and he is barely getting by in the NFL. I think Pryor has Kordell Stewart potential at best. I would be shocked if he became a terrific NFL QB. With that said, he is a guy with a unique skill set. 6 foot 6...has run sub 4.4 times. Not only that but Pryor has a toughness with his running style that is rarely seen in a guy with his kind of speed. His stiff arm is brutal. He is tough to bring down. The guy is dangerous no doubt about it. So, when people speculate that he might make a spectacular WR in the NFL, I can see why. As for QB, if his primary WR gets open, yes he can make some throws. But, if not then he has a propensity to tuck and run. He is really raw at the QB position, and I just don't think he has an elite arm.

I would give a 4th for him every day of the week if he would consider the switch to WR. He is worth the risk.

I'm not going to stick up for Pryor too much because I think a lot depends on his mind and his willingness to work. He doesn't come across as having a great head but I still think of him as being rather young and developing as a person. When you say Troy Smith was a significantly better passer, well, he looks better throwing. He has a nice mechanically sound overhand delivery, but Pryor threw for more yards and more TDS as a collegian. So Smith was not more productive as a passer.

Also I think a lot of the reason I think Pryor has a shot to play QB is that he has the 6' 6" whereas Troy Smith is short by NFL standards. I would say if Pryor can be as productive as he was without the best of throwing mechanics., then if he does recognize his weaknesses and is willing to polish some things up, I think he has a chance to be a productive QB if not a terrific one.

As far as arm strength, I think that is a product of mechanics. Again, I can't say that I've spent a lot of time observing Pryor but I am sure I saw he make some really good throws that had some oomph on them. It is a matter of consistency. Being a blue-chip athlete, he should be able to improve on any athletic endeavor that he is willing to work on.

Since he isn't going to be a high draft pick and sign for a huge sum of money, that may humble him and give him the incentive to 'prove the doubters wrong' But I wouldn't switch him to WR right away. I think he should get a chance at QB and I doubt if he would accept a move to WR right away.

I don't think he is as flaky of Ryan Leaf or as lazy as DeMarcus Russell. He is a project that wouldn't be ready to play for a few years.

hawaiiansteel
06-14-2011, 03:03 AM
Updated: June 13, 2011

Terrelle Pryor hires Drew Rosenhaus

ESPN.com news services

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor has hired Drew Rosenhaus as his agent and has taken steps toward making himself available for an NFL supplemental draft.

Pryor's lawyer, Larry James, said Monday that Pryor was in Miami and had signed an agreement with Rosenhaus, a high-powered agent who represents some of the biggest names in sports. His client list includes standout wide receivers Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco along with former Ohio State running back and Pryor teammate Chris "Beanie" Wells, now with the Arizona Cardinals.

"I am happy that he has reached this point and he's in secure hands," James said of Pryor.

Rosenhaus told ESPN's Tom Farrey that Pryor will hold a news conference Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET at the Fountainbleau Hotel on Miami Beach. Pryor and Rosenhaus will both make statements, the agent said.

"There will be some heartfelt things he's going to say. It's going to be very genuine," Rosenhaus told Farrey.

Rosenhaus said they had not yet decided whether the media will be able to ask questions.

Pryor, James and at least two other people spent the past few days discussing the quarterback's options in terms of agents. Then Pryor flew to Miami on Sunday and signed a contract with Rosenhaus late on Monday morning.

James also formally notified Ohio State that Pryor had signed with an agent, which officially made the three-year starter ineligible in the eyes of the university and the NCAA. That clears the way for the next step in Pryor's hopes of making it into the NFL.

"The university declares him ineligible," James said. "Therefore, that is a prerequisite to being eligible for the supplemental draft."

Pryor announced last week that he would not return to the team for his senior season. He had already been suspended by Ohio State and the NCAA for the first five games of the 2011 season for accepting improper benefits in the form of cash and discounted tattoos from a Columbus tattoo-parlor owner. The NCAA is investigating all aspects of Ohio State's athletic program, particularly the football team.

The probe led to the forced resignation of coach Jim Tressel on May 30. Tressel has admitted he knew his players were taking improper benefits but covered it up for more than nine months before Ohio State officials discovered his knowledge.

Pryor cannot be signed as a free agent by an NFL team. The NFL, currently embroiled in a work stoppage with the players, will likely schedule a supplemental draft for July or August. The draft follows a similar pattern to that of the regular draft in the spring. The NFL team selecting Pryor would surrender its pick in the same round in the regular draft in 2012.

The 6-foot-6, 233-pounder from Jeannette, Pa., is Ohio State's all-time leading rusher among quarterbacks, with 2,164 yards. He also matched Bobby Hoying's school record for touchdown passes with 57.

While marveling at his size and speed, many draft experts have questioned his footwork, his throwing motion, his arm strength and his ability to read defenses. Some have even said Pryor should forget about playing quarterback and shift to wide receiver, tight end or some other position.

NFL draft analyst and former Dallas Cowboys general manager Gil Brandt has his doubts about Pryor but takes a wait-and-see approach. He said there's no reason for Pryor to change positions -- at least not right away.

"See if he can play the position first of all. But for him to play the position, I think it's going to take a lot of training," he said. "It's going to take a person really dedicated to playing football. The things that I hear, he maybe doesn't have that type of dedication."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... NHeadlines (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6656763&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

Oviedo
06-14-2011, 07:33 AM
So now an idiot with an attitude is being advised by an idiot with an attitude. I'll stand by my prediction that Pryor will be a bust. This just confirms it.

By picking Rosenhaus Pryor probably just dropped the the round he gets drafted in the supplemental by one because people know Rosenhaus will be unreasonable.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
06-14-2011, 08:32 AM

I'm not sure where people are getting this on Adams. I suppose his size, school and the HS hooplah are amping this guy up. But, I watched Adams getting used like a turnstyle for much of his career. He looked better last season, but not elite.

I watch alot of Big Ten ball being a PSU fan. He was a disappointment his first couple years and they were filled with injury. However, he had a solid 2010 and performed well against some NFL caliber players. Like I stated, A healthy 2011 will have him mentioned in the 1st round talk if he builds on 2010. The biggest reason is he looks to have the feet to be a LT at the next level and he shows a nice ability of body control when getting downfield in space. He definately would have benefitted from having two full years under his belt going into 2011.

feltdizz
06-14-2011, 10:29 AM

I think Newton is much more advanced than Pryor. IMO he throws a better ball and as you pointed out has a Ben-like ability to perform in the clutch. He is far from a finished product but if they give him a year to learn behind Clausen I think he will avoid a JaMarcus Russell like demise.

I wouldn't consider Pryor for a QB if every other option were armless men. IMO he will prove to be the worst of Russell, Young and Leaf.

No way will Cam have a Russell demise... Russell like syrup and food. Cam can run for first downs and extend plays. Russell was fat, lazy and dumb.

I think Cam needs to start on day one. Watching Clausen last year it was obvious he was scared out of his mind. I live in Charlotte ad trust me... the kid doesn't have it. I thought he was going to be decent but Clausen is petrified out there. He throws an awesome spiral out of bounds though, just like he did at ND.

Pryor has the size but his arm strength is suspect. He puts a ton of air under the ball and NFL players will pick that off with ease. I think he should get a shot a QB though...people act like Pryor robbed and murdered at OSU. He drove loaner cars and got paid for signing stuff.. most NFL players who were stars in college did the same thing. NFL owners don't care about that stuff.

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Russell like syrup and food.

That just about sums up the NFL career of this #1 overall draft pick. :lol:

Shawn
06-14-2011, 01:45 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":xuazugs9]I'm burning our 2012 3rd on Adams. I think there will be others ahead of us in line. I'm close to even saying a 2nd. Adams is a healthy 2011 away from possibly being considered in the top 25. He looks to have the tools to be a LT at the next level. The one thing about his position and being suspended is that he could solidify his draft stock IF he is given the starting spot when he returns after his suspension (if he receives one). We will see what happens but I would be interested.

I watch alot of Big Ten ball being a PSU fan. He was a disappointment his first couple years and they were filled with injury. However, he had a solid 2010 and performed well against some NFL caliber players. Like I stated, A healthy 2011 will have him mentioned in the 1st round talk if he builds on 2010. The biggest reason is he looks to have the feet to be a LT at the next level and he shows a nice ability of body control when getting downfield in space. He definately would have benefitted from having two full years under his belt going into 2011.[/quote:xuazugs9]

Due to Adam physical stature, raw athletic ability and school he will get overdrafted. I agree if he can put together a really good senior season, there will be first round talk. But, as he stands right now...he is raw...underachieving...and has shown some questionable decision making. He is a project and should be drafted as such.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
06-14-2011, 01:58 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":1b6cvkw9]I'm burning our 2012 3rd on Adams. I think there will be others ahead of us in line. I'm close to even saying a 2nd. Adams is a healthy 2011 away from possibly being considered in the top 25. He looks to have the tools to be a LT at the next level. The one thing about his position and being suspended is that he could solidify his draft stock IF he is given the starting spot when he returns after his suspension (if he receives one). We will see what happens but I would be interested.

I watch alot of Big Ten ball being a PSU fan. He was a disappointment his first couple years and they were filled with injury. However, he had a solid 2010 and performed well against some NFL caliber players. Like I stated, A healthy 2011 will have him mentioned in the 1st round talk if he builds on 2010. The biggest reason is he looks to have the feet to be a LT at the next level and he shows a nice ability of body control when getting downfield in space. He definately would have benefitted from having two full years under his belt going into 2011.

Due to Adam physical stature, raw athletic ability and school he will get overdrafted. I agree if he can put together a really good senior season, there will be first round talk. But, as he stands right now...he is raw...underachieving...and has shown some questionable decision making. He is a project and should be drafted as such.[/quote:1b6cvkw9]

Even if you base who & what he did on the field...He would be a 2nd right now in my opinion. I do belive he has an off field issue or two also. I will have to look into that when I get time. I remember that being mentioned in the PSU game in 2009.

hawaiiansteel
06-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Rosenhaus expects Pryor to be a first round pick

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 14, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/t-pryor21.jpg?w=149

Agent Drew Rosehaus and Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor didn’t try to explain the circumstances that led to Pryor leaving Ohio State at Tuesday’s press conference. They were trying to move forward.

Pryor took the occasion to announce his entry into the NFL’s supplemental draft this year as expected. He read from a statement but did not take questions.

Offering “no excuses” for the past, Rosenhaus vouched repeatedly for Pryor’s character and talent. The agent says he was “very moved” by how highly Ohio State coach Jim Tressel spoke of Pryor, saying he’s ot sure if he’s ever heard a college coach so supportive.

“I expect him to be a first round pick,” Rosenhaus said. “Middle rounds for this guy?”

Early estimates indicate that middle rounds might be generous. Then again, we remember some draft “experts” saying Cam Newton might be a second round pick as late as January. This assumes there will even be a supplemental draft on time, which remains uncertain.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ound-pick/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/14/rosenhaus-expects-pryor-to-be-a-first-round-pick/)

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Rosenhaus expects Pryor to be a first round pick

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hawaiiansteel
06-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Updated: June 14, 2011

Terrelle Pryor apologizes to Jim Tressel

ESPN.com news services

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Terrelle Pryor ended his silence Tuesday -- for exactly 97 seconds.

Speaking out for the first time since his college career at Ohio State ended embroiled in scandal, Pryor appeared with agent Drew Rosenhaus and gave a brief statement in which he apologized to the Buckeyes, to his former teammates and to now-departed coach Jim Tressel for his role in the mess that might take down one of America's proudest programs.

"I say sorry to all the Buckeye nation and all the Buckeye fans across the country," Pryor said. "I never meant to hurt anybody directly or indirectly with my conduct off the field and I am truly sorry."

Pryor confirmed during his brief statement that he will enter the NFL's supplemental draft, which is expected to take place sometime in July.

"I'm working hard every single day on the field and off the field to be a better quarterback," he said. He said he also hopes to one day become a "role model" off the field.

Rosenhaus said he only agreed to represent Pryor after speaking with Tressel, who he said speaks with Pryor four-to-five times a day.

Pryor already had been suspended by Ohio State and the NCAA for the first five games of what would have been his senior season this fall for accepting improper benefits, such as cash and discounted tattoos. The scandal led to Tressel's forced resignation. Tressel acknowledged knowing his players were taking improper benefits but covered it up for more than nine months before Ohio State officials discovered his knowledge.

Pryor is Ohio State's all-time leading rusher among quarterbacks, with 2,164 yards. He also threw 57 touchdown passes, tying a school record.

"In terms of coach Jim Tressel, a special shoutout," Pryor said. "I'm sorry for what all went down and I apologize with all my heart. I love you just like a father. You taught me a lot and I apologize for putting you in a situation and taking you out of a job and place that you loved to be. I regret the fact that you're not there anymore and I regret the fact that I'm not there anymore."

The NCAA continues investigating all aspects of Ohio State's athletic program, particularly the football team.

Pryor may still be asked to cooperate with that investigation. However, his attorney Larry James said last week the quarterback feels no obligation to speak with NCAA investigators now that he is no longer enrolled at Ohio State.

Rosenhaus, who famously once kept repeating "Next question" at a news conference he hosted about client Terrell Owens, took the tact of "No questions" on Tuesday.

"I think I've said it all," Rosenhaus said after he spoke for about six minutes in which, among other things, insisted he believes Pryor will be a first-round pick in this summer's supplemental draft. "So I'd like to thank everybody for coming. Guys, we're going to shut it down right now and I appreciate your time. Thank you."

Reporters shouted questions and followed Rosenhaus, Pryor, other members of the entourage and some security toward the hotel elevators, to no avail.

As Rosenhaus was speaking during the event, Pryor mainly stared straight ahead, arms folded and resting on the table. He worked out Tuesday morning with a group including receiver Chad Ochocinco, who offered praise on Twitter.

"With the right coaching after what I saw today with my own eyes he can be a great QB," Ochocinco wrote.

Pryor also said he wants to graduate from Ohio State, noting he's nine credits short of his degree.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6661247

RuthlessBurgher
06-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Rosenhaus said he only agreed to represent Pryor after speaking with Tressel, who he said speaks with Pryor four-to-five times a day.

Four-to-five times a day?!?! What could they possibly talk about 4-5 times each day? That's ridiculous. I don't think gossipy teenage girls talk to each other 4-5 times per day.

Oviedo
06-15-2011, 11:06 AM

Four-to-five times a day?!?! What could they possibly talk about 4-5 times each day? That's ridiculous. I don't think gossipy teenage girls talk to each other 4-5 times per day.

I think this is typical Rosenhaus BS.

hawaiiansteel
06-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Mike Mayock thinks Terrelle Pryor is a fourth-rounder

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 15, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/terrelle_pryor_20101109134725_320_240.jpg?w=250

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor, believes Pryor will be a first-round pick in the supplemental draft.

A slightly more objective observer, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, is skeptical.

Mayock said on Total Access that after studying tape of Pryor, the most likely outcome is a team using a fourth-round pick to get Pryor in the supplemental draft, although he thinks some team might like him a little more than that.

“I would set the over-under line on the fourth round,” Mayock said. “Can somebody take him in the third round? Absolutely.”

One intriguing possibility Mayock threw out is that a team could take Pryor with the idea that he would make most of his plays with his legs, in the wildcat offense, and do just enough with his arm to keep defenses from stacking the line of scrimmage when Pryor takes the snap.

“The value for him as a rookie is in packages,” Mayock said. “I think the New York Jets are the best wildcat team in the NFL offensively. Why? Because Brad Smith can throw the football just well enough to keep you honest. That’s what I think this kid can do. He can be a package quarterback in Year One while you develop his skill set.”

What remains to be seen is whether NFL teams view Pryor as a player who’s willing to put in the work to develop his skill set, or whether he’s viewed as more trouble than the raw talent is worth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... h-rounder/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/15/mike-mayock-thinks-terrelle-pryor-is-a-fourth-rounder/)

Oviedo
06-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Mike Mayock thinks Terrelle Pryor is a fourth-rounder

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 15, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/terrelle_pryor_20101109134725_320_240.jpg?w=250

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor, believes Pryor will be a first-round pick in the supplemental draft.

A slightly more objective observer, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, is skeptical.

Mayock said on Total Access that after studying tape of Pryor, the most likely outcome is a team using a fourth-round pick to get Pryor in the supplemental draft, although he thinks some team might like him a little more than that.

“I would set the over-under line on the fourth round,” Mayock said. “Can somebody take him in the third round? Absolutely.”

One intriguing possibility Mayock threw out is that a team could take Pryor with the idea that he would make most of his plays with his legs, in the wildcat offense, and do just enough with his arm to keep defenses from stacking the line of scrimmage when Pryor takes the snap.

“The value for him as a rookie is in packages,” Mayock said. “I think the New York Jets are the best wildcat team in the NFL offensively. Why? Because Brad Smith can throw the football just well enough to keep you honest. That’s what I think this kid can do. He can be a package quarterback in Year One while you develop his skill set.”

What remains to be seen is whether NFL teams view Pryor as a player who’s willing to put in the work to develop his skill set, or whether he’s viewed as more trouble than the raw talent is worth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... h-rounder/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/15/mike-mayock-thinks-terrelle-pryor-is-a-fourth-rounder/)

The difference between Smith and Pryor is that Smith opened himself up to playing other positions as his primary role on the team versus pretending he is an NFL QB. Pryor will never do that because of his ego and he has an agent trying to squeeze every penny out of him and there are more pennies for QBs.

If Pryor came out and said I will play any position he would possibly be worth a 3rd Round pick. As long as he pretends he is a QB he is no better than a 5th or 6th rounder.

Shawn
06-16-2011, 09:43 PM
I agree with the assessment that Pryor is a 4th rounder. And I would jump over myself to grab him in the 4th if he is willing to be a team player, back up QB, wild cat sets, trick plays, and look at WR. Any guy with that kind of athleticism and size has to be considered.

Oviedo
06-17-2011, 08:38 AM
I agree with the assessment that Pryor is a 4th rounder. And I would jump over myself to grab him in the 4th if he is willing to be a team player, back up QB, wild cat sets, trick plays, and look at WR. Any guy with that kind of athleticism and size has to be considered.

And what actions in his recent past leads you to believe that he is a "team player?" Pryor is the poster child for "it's about me" and a "sense of entitlement."

The agent he hired would be a major issue if any team tried to get him to play another position because Rosenhaus would view that as potentially reducing his own income.

The sad thing is that Pryor could probably be a star as a Safety or WR but he will be nothing more than a career back up as a QB.

flippy
06-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Someone will take Pryor in the 1st round. The kid's an athletic freak that has too much potential to pass up.

Sure he's a project and will take time to develop and I wouldn't use a #1 on him. But with the premium in the NFL for QBs, I don't see how 32 teams can pass on his potential.

Someone will fall in love with him when they work him out.

Shawn
06-17-2011, 11:54 AM

And what actions in his recent past leads you to believe that he is a "team player?" Pryor is the poster child for "it's about me" and a "sense of entitlement."

The agent he hired would be a major issue if any team tried to get him to play another position because Rosenhaus would view that as potentially reducing his own income.

The sad thing is that Pryor could probably be a star as a Safety or WR but he will be nothing more than a career back up as a QB.

Did you read IF in my statement? I never said, I have seen anything from Pryor to make me think he is a team first player. But, if recent events have matured him a bit, and he is willing I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

hawaiiansteel
06-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Someone will take Pryor in the 1st round. The kid's an athletic freak that has too much potential to pass up.

no team will take Pryor in the 1st round. I can see the*Raiders and Undead Al picking him in the 3rd round, but no way does he go any earlier than that.

Oviedo
06-17-2011, 01:05 PM

no team will take Pryor in the 1st round. I can see the*Raiders and Undead Al picking him in the 3rd round, but no way does he go any earlier than that.

:Agree Even Al Davis isn't stupid enough to take a player with no real position who has major character questions.

The football landscape is littered with "athletes" who could never translate their games into something meaningful in the NFL. It's about being a football player not just an athlete or every great track and field guy would be able to play in the NFL. Usain Bolt is a better athlete than Pryor could ever hope to be but I doubt he could ever make it in the NFL.

RuthlessBurgher
06-17-2011, 02:31 PM
For what it's worth, Oakland already does not have its 2nd and 4th round picks in the 2012 draft.

The second rounder belongs to New England (Oakland got 3rd and 4th rounders in 2011 from New England, used on LSU OT Joseph Barksdale and EWU RB Taiwan Jones, in exchange for a 2nd round pick in 2012 and a 7th round pick in 2011, used on TCU DB Malcolm Williams).

The fourth rounder belongs to Washington (trade for Jason Campbell straight up).

hawaiiansteel
06-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Possible NFL landing spots for Terrelle Pryor

Posted on: June 16, 2011
by Ryan Wilson

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/terrelle-pryor-3-061611.jpg

If you're of the opinion that Ray Lewis and Ed Reed would be good locker room influences on any player with off-field issues, then you may have no problem with John Clayton's suggestion that the Ravens might be one of five teams willing to take a flyer on Terrelle Pryor. If you don't buy the initial premise (and some folks are understandably skeptical), then the whole argument falls apart.

Writing for ESPN, Clayton admits that "This might be a bit of a reach, but as a lower-round selection Pryor could interest the Ravens as a receiver. Having him learn under Anquan Boldin would be the key. Boldin was a quarterback in college and uses the knowledge gained there to put himself in position to help his quarterback."

We agree. It's a reach. Not because the Ravens aren't willing to gamble with talented but troubled players (they are), but because if we're to take agent Drew Rosenhaus at his word (we'll wait while you quit laughing), he thinks Pryor is not only an NFL quarterback but a "first-round pick."

Perhaps that stance will soften as teams explain to Rosenhaus that his client probably isn't worth more than a fourth-rounder. Although, as Mike Mayock pointed out Wednesday night, "Nobody is better than Rosenhaus in driving perceived value. … Sometimes perceived value is almost as good as real value if he can get enough people talking about [Pryor] as a first-round pick."

Other possible destinations, according to Clayton: Oakland, Miami, Pittsburgh and Washington.

The Raiders makes sense because, well, it's the Raiders. Once Al Davis sees Pryor's 40 time, he very well could be a first-rounder. Still, that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Clayton says the Dolphins "want to add someone to compete against Chad Henne," and we agree. It's just not going to be Pryor. Remember: Miami wasted a second-rounder on Pat White two years ago. Pat White is now out of the NFL.

As for Pittsburgh, Clayton notes that, "Many scouts believe Pryor potentially has Dennis Dixon-like ability as quarterback." Dennis Dixon also never had off-field issues (just the opposite, in fact). He's also been an adequate NFL backup and nothing more.

Finally, there are the Redskins. Like the Raiders -- and given their blindfold-and-a-dartboard personnel philosophy -- it makes too much sense not to happen. To Clayton's credit, he calls Pryor-to-Washington a long shot, even given the fact that Mike Shanahan doesn't have an starting-caliber QB currently on the roster.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 8/30077141 (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/30077141)

hawaiiansteel
06-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Browns intrigued by Terrelle Pryor

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 21, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/terrellepryorgettyjan4-e1307587998541.jpg?w=246

After leaving a big mess behind when he walked away from the Ohio State football program, Terrelle Pryor rivals LeBron James as the least popular athlete in Ohio right now. But that doesn’t necessarily means he’s leaving Ohio.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns could take Pryor in the supplemental draft, and they’re at least interested enough that they’re doing their due diligence on him.

If the Browns were to take Pryor, it probably wouldn’t be as a quarterback, as Cleveland appears set with Colt McCoy as the starter and Seneca Wallace as the backup. But as NFL Network’s Mike Mayock has noted, Pryor could provide plenty of value as a hybrid quarterback/running back/receiver who takes some snaps in the wildcat formation.

At the very least, expect Browns President Mike Holmgren to give his buddy Jon Gruden a call and find out what he thinks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lle-pryor/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/21/browns-intrigued-by-terrelle-pryor/)

Oviedo
06-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Browns intrigued by Terrelle Pryor

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 21, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/terrellepryorgettyjan4-e1307587998541.jpg?w=246

After leaving a big mess behind when he walked away from the Ohio State football program, Terrelle Pryor rivals LeBron James as the least popular athlete in Ohio right now. But that doesn’t necessarily means he’s leaving Ohio.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns could take Pryor in the supplemental draft, and they’re at least interested enough that they’re doing their due diligence on him.

If the Browns were to take Pryor, it probably wouldn’t be as a quarterback, as Cleveland appears set with Colt McCoy as the starter and Seneca Wallace as the backup. But as NFL Network’s Mike Mayock has noted, Pryor could provide plenty of value as a hybrid quarterback/running back/receiver who takes some snaps in the wildcat formation.

At the very least, expect Browns President Mike Holmgren to give his buddy Jon Gruden a call and find out what he thinks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lle-pryor/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/21/browns-intrigued-by-terrelle-pryor/)

Pruor and the Browns deserve each other. Poetic justice would be Pryor to the Bumgals.

feltdizz
06-21-2011, 01:40 PM
No way Pryor goes to an Ohio team. That would be hilarious...

I can't believe the guy said Seneca Wallace... if he is a solid back up Terrell should get a shot at QB.

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2011, 01:51 PM

I can't believe the guy said Seneca Wallace... if he is a solid back up Terrell should get a shot at QB.

Them's the Browns. First they trade for him, then they sign him to a 3 year extension.

:brownssuck

hawaiiansteel
06-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Could Ravens have interest in Terrelle Pryor as a receiver?

6/29/2011

Robbie Levins of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Ravens could possibly have interest in Terrelle Pryor...as a receiver. The key would be having wide receiver Anquan Boldin as a mentor. A former star prep quarterback himself, Boldin’s conversion to wide receiver has led to 51 receiving touchdowns and three Pro Bowl selections in eight NFL seasons.

In an interview with the paper earlier this week, ESPN's John Clayton had this to say about the possibility: "“If you can talk him into being a wide receiver, there is no better guy to be around than Anquan Boldin. Having Boldin coach him up – and I know this from talking with [Arizona Cardinals receivers] Early Doucet and Steve Breaston – his influence on wide receivers is as good as anybody in football. Maybe the best in the last several years.”

Pryor is projected to be selected between the fifth and seventh rounds of the supplemental draft. He has hired a quarterbacks coach to work with him and wants to be an NFL QB but he would be smart not to dismiss the wide receiver path to the NFL.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/t ... fault.aspx (http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/17882/Could-Ravens-have-interest-in-Terrelle-Pryor-as-a-receiver-/Default.aspx)

Oviedo
06-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Could Ravens have interest in Terrelle Pryor as a receiver?

6/29/2011

Robbie Levins of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Ravens could possibly have interest in Terrelle Pryor...as a receiver. The key would be having wide receiver Anquan Boldin as a mentor. A former star prep quarterback himself, Boldin’s conversion to wide receiver has led to 51 receiving touchdowns and three Pro Bowl selections in eight NFL seasons.

In an interview with the paper earlier this week, ESPN's John Clayton had this to say about the possibility: "“If you can talk him into being a wide receiver, there is no better guy to be around than Anquan Boldin. Having Boldin coach him up – and I know this from talking with [Arizona Cardinals receivers] Early Doucet and Steve Breaston – his influence on wide receivers is as good as anybody in football. Maybe the best in the last several years.”

Pryor is projected to be selected between the fifth and seventh rounds of the supplemental draft. He has hired a quarterbacks coach to work with him and wants to be an NFL QB but he would be smart not to dismiss the wide receiver path to the NFL.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/t ... fault.aspx (http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/17882/Could-Ravens-have-interest-in-Terrelle-Pryor-as-a-receiver-/Default.aspx)

I'd be interested in him as a WR/H-back but never as a QB. Receiver of some type is the only position in the NFL he has a chance to excel at.

Still not sure how smart it would be to bring him back to the P-burgh area where he would have a built in posse and hanger ons.

hawaiiansteel
07-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Published: July 8, 2011

Limited chances for Pryor to impress -

Lockout allows for few opportunities to prove the various skills NFL quarterbacks need

By Jeffri Chadiha
ESPN.com

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1120/ncf_u_pryor1_sy_576.jpg

Terrelle Pryor will navigate through many obstacles as he transitions into the NFL.

The first question Terrelle Pryor likely asked himself after his Ohio State career imploded was how best he could prepare for the NFL's supplemental draft. The question he'll likely be facing soon is how to convince people that he has a future in the game. Pryor's odds of doing that are slim based on how rarely supplemental picks succeed in the league, and his chances decline even more when considering that he plays quarterback.

Of all the issues hanging over Pryor -- who's been working out in Florida in preparation for a pro day to take place once the NFL lockout ends -- the one deserving the most attention is the timing of his arrival into the league. The supplemental draft is supposed to take place no later than 10 days before the start of training camp, so at best he might have a week or two to showcase his skills to NFL decision-makers before the draft begins.

That means Pryor not only will have to blow away executives and coaches with his physical gifts, but he'll also have to find ways to impress them with his mind and his heart.

The days when NFL teams could fall in love with a quarterback's rocket arm and unparalleled athleticism are long gone. Today's teams are far more concerned with what really helps signal-callers succeed, traits like mental toughness, the ability to retain extensive information and the experience that comes from being tested time and again in college.

"Playing quarterback is like playing point guard in basketball, and this kid is the equivalent of a power forward," one AFC personnel director said. "His biggest problem is that he's coming into the league in the summer of a lockout year, and he won't even work with a pro coach before training camp starts. He needs time to win people over with intangibles like work ethic and intelligence. And time isn't on his side."

To understand the factors working against Pryor at this point, consider the other quarterbacks who entered this year's regular draft in April. Cam Newton faced all sorts of scrutiny about his ego, his potential involvement in an alleged scandal at Auburn and his lack of experience in a conventional offense. Critics wondered about the accuracy of Jake Locker, the inconsistency of Blaine Gabbert and the injury history of Christian Ponder. Each of those players had months to answer his doubters in personal workouts and during interviews with teams. All were taken within the first 12 picks of the first round.

Even if Pryor had been able to play his entire senior season -- he left school amid allegations he made as much as $40,000 annually signing memorabilia and drove cars provided by dealers -- he would have needed as much time as this year's prospects to sell his potential.

For one thing, he didn't play in a program known for producing top-caliber NFL signal-callers. Only eight former Ohio State players have played quarterback in the NFL since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, and none has started more than 11 games in a season. The ones who, like Pryor, played under recently fired Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel were consistently disappointing. Only Troy Smith (eight starts) and Craig Krenzel (five) found teams willing to put them under center.

Pryor certainly has better career numbers than his predecessors (8,341 total yards, 74 touchdowns), but he apparently hasn't learned much about the sophisticated passing game. One league source said Pryor rarely was asked to read complicated defenses during his three seasons at Ohio State. If he couldn't find open receivers in the Buckeyes' spread offense, he improvised when his protection broke down. This isn't the kind of stuff, by the way, that makes general managers and coaches giddy about what they can do with such a prospect.

That doesn't mean Pryor won't have value. He is still 6-foot-6, 233 pounds and blessed with 4.5-second speed in the 40-yard dash. It does mean he'll have to work hard to mask his deficiencies when sitting in front of NFL decision-makers once the lockout ends. These men are paid to make such prospects uncomfortable when grilling them about leading an offense, and Pryor can only do so much to convince them that his lack of experience at Ohio State won't be problematic at the next level.

That rawness hurts him even more because teams can't immediately use him as their No. 2 quarterback when the regular season begins, meaning his practice repetitions will be limited from the start.

"I don't know how you develop the guy quickly if he can't be your No. 2," said one AFC quarterbacks coach who has studied Pryor recently. "The whole thing about being a backup quarterback in the NFL is that you have to be somebody who can succeed without a lot of practice. He has some gifts that have value, but I don't see how you get him on the field."

Right now there are two scenarios that would benefit Pryor.

The first is landing with a team that already has a proven veteran quarterback, someone who can help Pryor learn what it means to be a professional. The other is joining a team that uses him creatively, possibly in the kind of "slash" role that Kordell Stewart played for the Pittsburgh Steelers in the mid-1990s. Stewart eventually earned a job as a starting quarterback because his coaches trusted him enough to give him the opportunity.

This, by the way, is how one proves his intangibles. If Pryor is going to be a quarterback at the next level, he will get there through patience, humility and an ability to learn quickly. This is probably not the way he wanted to come into the league, but it's the only way that makes sense now. After all, he barely has enough time to prepare for whatever pro day his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, can arrange for him once the lockout ends.

It will be interesting to see what people think of Pryor after his initial audition. We already know he has great physical ability, but that isn't what makes an NFL quarterback. The signal-callers who make it in the league know how to thrive under extreme pressure. Given how Pryor is starting his pro career, he's about to be under much duress.

Senior writer Jeffri Chadiha covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=6748688 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=6748688)

Shawn
07-10-2011, 08:46 AM
4.5? Yeah I don't think so. He has been timed at 4.33, and was the fastest Buckeye we have had in a long time.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... ell_1.html (http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2009/08/ohio_state_quarterback_terrell_1.html)

Chucktownsteeler
07-10-2011, 10:31 AM
For one thing, he didn't play in a program known for producing top-caliber NFL signal-callers. Only eight former Ohio State players have played quarterback in the NFL since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, and none has started more than 11 games in a season. The ones who, like Pryor, played under recently fired Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel were consistently disappointing. Only Troy Smith (eight starts) and Craig Krenzel (five) found teams willing to put them under center.

Mike Tomczak ring a bell?

Do these authers do any research?

Chucktownsteeler

Shawn
07-11-2011, 04:31 AM
I agree Chuck. As a Buckeye fan, even I must admit OSU can not seem to recruit and develop a quality QB.

feltdizz
07-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I agree Chuck. As a Buckeye fan, even I must admit OSU can not seem to recruit and develop a quality QB.

I think most big time programs have a hard time developing quality QB's because they have superior talent at all the other positions.

hawaiiansteel
07-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Terrelle Pryor might not be eligible for supplemental draft

Posted by Josh Alper on July 24, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/610x24.jpg?w=250

One of the discussion topics that was an easy way to fill a few minutes during the lockout was the one about whether or not Team X would take a chance on taking Terrelle Pryor in the supplemental draft.

The former Ohio State quarterback left school after getting suspended as part of the merchandise for cash and tattoo scandal that wound up costing coach Jim Tressel his job. Pryor’s athleticism has drawn a lot more accolades than his acumen as a pro-ready passer, but it’s been widely assumed some team would step up and roll the dice.

We might have to wait a bit longer to find out which team that will be.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that there might be a major obstacle in Pryor’s path to the NFL. He might not be eligible for the supplemental draft, which, as it happens, hasn’t been scheduled yet.

“If there are no players eligible for a supplemental draft, there is no supplemental draft,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. “It is for players whose circumstances have changed in an unforeseen way after the regular [college] draft. It is not a mechanism for simply bypassing the regular [draft].”

The usual examples of such circumstances would be academic ineligibility, getting kicked off a team or graduating and deciding to leave school. Pryor does not qualify on any of those fronts as he was suspended, not ineligible, for part of the 2011 season.

Aiello told Marvez that decisions about eligibility are made on a case-by-case basis and Pryor’s eligibility will be decided by Joel Bussert, the league’s vice president of player personnel/football operations. The specifics of Pryor’s case could lead to him being ruled ineligible until the 2012 draft, where he might be at a disadvantage after a year without football.

The supplemental draft is usually held 10 days before camps open, but the lockout has made it impossible to schedule yet and it is likely going to be a lesser priority than getting other things, namely free agency, up and running once the CBA is signed, sealed and delivered.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... tal-draft/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/24/terrelle-pryor-might-not-be-eligible-for-supplemental-draft/)

steelernation77
07-24-2011, 10:47 PM

Seneca Wallace was a much better college QB than Pryor.

feltdizz
07-25-2011, 09:50 AM

Seneca Wallace was a much better college QB than Pryor.

Are you sure about that? I know Iowa State lacked big time talent but 26 touchdowns and 27 interceptions isn't lighting up the Big 12 or whatever it was called back then.

His best play was "The Run" and I've seen Pryor run like that against better competition.

Pryor isn't known for his passing either but I can't see how Wallace was a much better QB.

steelernation77
07-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Seneca Wallace single-handily lead ISU to a top 10 ranking. ISU is one of the worst programs in a BCS conference. Wallace was the only good player on that offense. I think Ellis Hobbs was the only other player on those teams to even touch the NFL.

I know the stats heavily favor Pryor, but I watched both of the guys careers closely and I would always take Wallace over Pryor at QB.

fordfixer
07-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Ohio State bans Terrelle Pryor, to the benefit of his pro career
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... aaf-wp4185 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Ohio-State-bans-Terrelle-Pryor-to-the-benefit-o?urn=ncaaf-wp4185)
By Graham Watson

If it comes at all, Terrelle Pryor's entry to the NFL's supplemental draft will come at a price.

Ohio State said in a letter to Pryor's attorney Larry James today that the former quarterback has been "completely disassociated" with the program and would not have been reinstated to the team after his five-game suspension.

The school also has banned him from any contact with the athletic program for five years.

The team said the punishment stemmed not only from Pryor trading his memorabilia for tattoos, which is what prompted the NCAA's five-game suspension, but also because Pryor failed to cooperate with the NCAA regarding the investigation.

Pryor's lawyer asked for the letter after NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told FoxSports.com that Pryor didn't meet the criteria to be eligible for the supplemental draft.

"If there are no players eligible for a supplemental draft, there is no supplemental draft," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an email to FOXSports.com on Sunday. "It is for players whose circumstances have changed in an unforeseen way after the regular (college) draft. It is not a mechanism for simply bypassing the regular (draft)."

Aiello cited examples of "unforeseen" changes as players who were kicked off their college teams, declared academically ineligible or graduated and then decided to leave school. Pryor doesn't qualify on any of those fronts.

Obviously, with Ohio State's letter, Pryor would likely qualify for the supplemental draft, but is also painted as a villain in the eyes of the university he played with for three seasons. It also shows that Pryor's decision to leave school in June, which seemed voluntary, was ultimately forced by the school. This also explains why Ohio State coach Luke Fickell didn't return Pryor's phone messages in the days leading up to his departure.

This is perhaps an even sadder ending to Pryor's Ohio State career than the one we all believed for the past month. Even Ohio State isn't standing by the image of Pryor being the decent football player who made some mistakes and left the program. Pryor is now portrayed as a guy who willfully ruined his university's reputation and disgraced himself and his association with the game.

He's like the Barry Bonds of college football, only not nearly as successful.

It will be interesting to see how this plays with NFL scouts. Before they might have been able to overlook Pryor selling his memorabilia to make some cash, but now, with the five-year ban from the program, there has to be more to the story. There were four other players suspended for trading memorabilia, but they're all still in school. As far as we know, they'll be eligible after they serve their suspensions and the school won't be banning them from the grounds.

So what did Pryor really do to make Ohio State want to distance itself from him so badly?

We may never know.

hawaiiansteel
08-09-2011, 05:25 PM

Report: Browns will attend Pryor’s workout

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/110104_terrelle_pryor_sugar-grid-5x2.jpg?w=250

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor plans to conduct a Pro Day workout on Friday. One team that plans to attend could possibly keep him in the state of Ohio.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns will attend the session. It’s not known which member(s) of the staff will be present.

The news comes amid talk in league circles that some teams will stay away unless and until Pryor is declared eligible for the supplemental draft before Friday. Any team that shows up if Pryor hasn’t been declared eligible could be in violation of league rules, exposing the team to a fine and/or the loss of one or more draft picks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-workout/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/09/report-browns-will-attend-pryors-workout/)

feltdizz
08-10-2011, 08:28 AM

Report: Browns will attend Pryor’s workout

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/110104_terrelle_pryor_sugar-grid-5x2.jpg?w=250

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor plans to conduct a Pro Day workout on Friday. One team that plans to attend could possibly keep him in the state of Ohio.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns will attend the session. It’s not known which member(s) of the staff will be present.

The news comes amid talk in league circles that some teams will stay away unless and until Pryor is declared eligible for the supplemental draft before Friday. Any team that shows up if Pryor hasn’t been declared eligible could be in violation of league rules, exposing the team to a fine and/or the loss of one or more draft picks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-workout/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/09/report-browns-will-attend-pryors-workout/)

Thems the Browns......

:brownssuck