PDA

View Full Version : Early Request

birtikidis
06-05-2011, 04:30 PM
If any of y'all need to get rid of any tix this season, I need two to any home game. I'm trying to convert a Foreskins fan. She's cute, so the effort is well worth it! Drop me a note if you need to drop some.

Djfan
06-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Pics?

SteelCrazy
06-05-2011, 05:46 PM
What he said... :Agree

birtikidis
06-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Pics?
Tix?

focosteeler
06-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Pics?
Tix?
:D

RuthlessBurgher
06-06-2011, 10:26 AM
If she's cute, she can have one of my tickets and come with me...I'll convert her. :wink: :lol:

Seriously, though, I think my Dad should be able to massage his work schedule enough so that he'll be able to go to most games. I think the Thursday nighter against Cleveland is up in the air, though, so that game may be available (not sure yet, though). I don't see how we'll be able to make the cross-state trek for the Rams game for the Saturday afternoon game on Christmas Eve (since the family traditionally gets together at my sister's place on Christmas Eve...if I bow out on something like that for a Steeler game, I may not be married anymore on Christmas Day). I'll let you know.

NJ-STEELER
06-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Hopefully you can convert her to a Steelers fan as well as be a fan of foreskin

feltdizz
06-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Now that's just nasty. Funny, but nasty.

birtikidis
08-14-2011, 12:23 PM
I scored two tix for the Bengals game... day before her b-day. I'm smooth like that. Anyone know anything about section 107? We got a room at the Sheraton.. any reviews on that place?

Jigawatts
08-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I scored two tix for the Bengals game... day before her b-day. I'm smooth like that. Anyone know anything about section 107? We got a room at the Sheraton.. any reviews on that place?

Check out tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews. Usually I go there and read all the negative
reviews before I book a place.

birtikidis
08-14-2011, 01:37 PM
I used Hotwire and already booked. It's a four star hotel, so I'm assuming it's good.

NJ-STEELER
08-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Sheraton is great. Good location for the game and next to bar/restaurants to grab something to eat

Right by the boat that takes u over to the stadium.

birtikidis
08-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Sheraton is great. Good location for the game and next to bar/restaurants to grab something to eat

Since the game is in December, we prolly won't be taking any boats lol. You think cab fair is pretty reasonable?

isonator07
08-14-2011, 06:10 PM
If you are looking for a good place to eat, I would suggest Montgomery Inn. They have some of the best ribs ive ever had. Look them up online and see what you think. :Cheers :Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
08-14-2011, 07:35 PM

Since the game is in December, we prolly won't be taking any boats lol. You think cab fair is pretty reasonable?

The Gateway Clipper Fleet boats are the best way to get to Heinz Field from Station Square and back again. The boats are big enough that most of it is enclosed and heated (with a bar too!), although you can walk out on the decks if you want to freeze in December!

http://www.tms.org/Meetings/Specialty/FallExt2000/GatewayClipper.lg.gif

RuthlessBurgher
08-14-2011, 07:42 PM
If you are looking for a good place to eat, I would suggest Montgomery Inn. They have some of the best ribs ive ever had. Look them up online and see what you think. :Cheers :Cheers

Since you are staying in Station Square, my wife's favorite place to eat there is the Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant that is good for couples. You start out with a cheese fondue (you pick from several types of cheeses, then dip bread and apples), then you get your own broth at your table to cook your food (steak, chicken, shrimp, pork, potatoes, veggies...a lot to choose from...all already cut into bite size portions...it only takes a minute or two to cook each piece...but since you have two skewers each, while you are eating one piece, you have another piece skewered in the broth for a minute already, etc.), then end with a chocolate fondue (you choose from several different chocolate combinations, dipping strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, pound cake, cheesecake, marshmallows, etc.). It's fun, and pretty tasty as well.

birtikidis
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Ruthless, definitely appreciate the info. That's why I posted here for recommendations rather then looking online.

NJ-STEELER
08-14-2011, 08:48 PM
yeah its enclosed like ruth said, although i was on the open upper deck for a late november game vs. the jets when bettis threw a TD pass...still wont be too bad if your bundled up for the game

the cab fare wont be too much either, the problem i think you might have is getting a cab close enuff to the stadium to drop you off. correct me if im wrong, but they close most of the roads and have folks walk to the game (like if your staying at the hilton on the hill for instance)

NJ-STEELER
08-14-2011, 08:51 PM

The Gateway Clipper Fleet boats are the best way to get to Heinz Field from Station Square and back again. The boats are big enough that most of it is enclosed and heated (with a bar too!), although you can walk out on the decks if you want to freeze in December!

http://www.tms.org/Meetings/Specialty/FallExt2000/GatewayClipper.lg.gif

plus it gives you a great view of the stadium as you're coming in.

great for pictures

birtikidis
08-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Speaking of pictures, are you allowed to take camera's in? I have a canon rebel t2i that's kind of big... they let you have those?

Djfan
08-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Sure, I mention pics and just get smart answers. No you're talking pics! Life isn't fair anymore!

virgilbosetti
08-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Speaking of pictures, are you allowed to take camera's in? I have a canon rebel t2i that's kind of big... they let you have those?

My wife got me that same (awesome) camera for Christmas. Took it to Consol Energy but never tried taking to a Steeler game.

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2011, 12:00 AM

I don't think they'll allow any additional massive telephoto lenses like professional sideline reporters use (many of them look more like telescopes than cameras), but you should be fine getting in with a typical Canon camera.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/1956623514_725993c15b.jpg

flippy
08-15-2011, 12:26 AM
The Sheraton charges by the night, not the hour.

Now that you got tix, where's the pix? We know you have a good camera.

:P

Djfan
08-15-2011, 10:16 AM
The Sheraton charges by the night, not the hour.

Now that you got tix, where's the pix? We know you have a good camera.

:P

Thanks Flip!

Jigawatts
08-15-2011, 01:05 PM

Since you are staying in Station Square, my wife's favorite place to eat there is the Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant that is good for couples. You start out with a cheese fondue (you pick from several types of cheeses, then dip bread and apples), then you get your own broth at your table to cook your food (steak, chicken, shrimp, pork, potatoes, veggies...a lot to choose from...all already cut into bite size portions...it only takes a minute or two to cook each piece...but since you have two skewers each, while you are eating one piece, you have another piece skewered in the broth for a minute already, etc.), then end with a chocolate fondue (you choose from several different chocolate combinations, dipping strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, pound cake, cheesecake, marshmallows, etc.). It's fun, and pretty tasty as well.

I'll be taking Mrs. Jigawatts to the Melting Pot in September for our 9th Jiggaversary.
Booked the Omni William Penn through priceline for $70. Probably take the T rail over
to Station square and maybe catch an afternoon Pirates game because nothing spells
romance like mediocre baseball.

Any other fun activities that anyone would recommend? Well, besides the obvious. :nono

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM

I'll be taking Mrs. Jigawatts to the Melting Pot in September for our 9th Jiggaversary.
Booked the Omni William Penn through priceline for $70. Probably take the T rail over
to Station square and maybe catch an afternoon Pirates game because nothing spells

Any other fun activities that anyone would recommend? Well, besides the obvious. :nono

The Foo Fighters are coming to the Consol Center on 9-23-11...is she a Dave Grohl fan?

http://www.jesseperetz.com/media/ff_learn_to_fly.jpg

birtikidis
08-15-2011, 01:41 PM

The Foo Fighters are coming to the Consol Center on 9-23-11...is she a Dave Grohl fan?

http://www.jesseperetz.com/media/ff_learn_to_fly.jpg
My gf is a huge Foo Fighters fan. We just flew up to Memphis to catch them back in May (I ended up sick as a dog bc I drank their water.. nasty stuff, put me in the ER for 5 days). We are going up to DC to catch them in Nov. I'd plan the one for Pittsburgh, it's a no go at this point lol.

Jigawatts
08-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm a Foo Fighters fan, Mrs. Jigawatts is not. I did see that Rusted Root is playing
labor day weekend. Hmmmm

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Saw Foo Fighters once, as an opening act to the Red Hot Chili Peppers back in the day. Didn't know much about them back then (in fact, I confused the Foo Fighters and the Goo Goo Dolls, just because they both became popular around the same time, and Foo and Goo are so darn similar, not because their music was anything alike). I really enjoyed their set that night (I remember Dave Grohl's energy when he ventured out in the crowd...didn't even realize that he used to be Nirvana's drummer at that point). I've been a big fan of theirs ever since, but haven't been to any of their shows since they have been headliners (since I've had kids for the last decade, my recent concert-going experiences have been limited to bands like the Wiggles...although my kids have pretty much grown out of that now and have become huge Beatles fans...I've had fun going to Beatles tribute band shows with my kids, since they get really into dancing and singing along). I saw that FF just announced a couple of more shows in D.C. and N.Y.C. last week, and was hoping to score some quality seats to the show at MSG (that's only a 2 hour drive for me, while Pittsburgh's a 5 hour drive), but didn't realize that they went on sale Friday morning, so I missed out.

Saw Rusted Root twice back in my college days. When they came up to Cornell, I went with my future wife. When they came to Wilkes-Barre, I drove home and went with my sister, who was a big fan back then (I think it may have been her first concert since she was probably in junior high at that point). That show happened to be on Halloween, so half the crowd was in costume (I remember a tiny dude in a Superman costume crowd surfing). Since we were on a basketball court for that show, we were pretty much bouncing up and down whether we wanted to or not, since the floor was moving at lot due to everyone jumping.

birtikidis
08-15-2011, 03:40 PM
We got tix for the DC show. NONE of them were cheap. Ours are kinda ****ty actually. still paid 75 for them. I paid 25 to go to Mayhem on Saturday. Got to see Megadeth, Godsmack, Disturbed, Machine Head, Trivium and about 10 other bands. Can't understand how Foo Fighters were so much more expensive. They're good, but not that good.

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2011, 03:44 PM
We got tix for the DC show. NONE of them were cheap. Ours are kinda ****ty actually. still paid 75 for them. I paid 25 to go to Mayhem on Saturday. Got to see Megadeth, Godsmack, Disturbed, Machine Head, Trivium and about 10 other bands. Can't understand how Foo Fighters were so much more expensive. They're good, but not that good.

Is Social Distortion and Joy Formidible opening for them in D.C., or is it Rise Against and Mariachi El Bronx? I'd like to see Social Distortion too...Story of My Life, Ball and Chain, Ring of Fire...good stuff.

birtikidis
08-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Yea, Social distortion is the opener. I would love to see Rise Against. But that's a different tour.