PDA

View Full Version : Most desired UCFA's...

sentinel33
05-18-2011, 01:23 PM
There are 3 positions that I think we can make significant upgrades at via UCFA.

I'm not a draft expert. I guess I'd be a draftnic. I get most of my knowledge through a handful of mag. publications(PFW,Lindy's,ProFootballDraft,etc.), websites and forum discussions like this one.

So when I say I think the steelers could make a big leap in depth at both FS & SS, this is where I'm gettin my notion from.
I don't know how D. Mcdaniel(SS-Clemson) and D. Williams(FS-N. Carolina) never got drafted. Not even in the 5-7 rounds. I feel like both of these guys could/would be upgrades over the backups we have now.
Other S's to bring in-J. Johnson-SS-Boise St. and J. Tarrant-FS-Georgia Tech.
I'm scratchin my head as to why we didn't take one of these guys over K. Williams. ?

While the Top 4 WR spots are pretty much locked down with Ward, Wallace, Sanders and Brown the 5th spot is open for Sweed, Randle El and Battle.
I would like to see Sweed get that spot but with UCFA's D. Brown(S. Miss.), T. Gurley(S. Carolina) and T. Toliver(LSU) available, the steelers should try to bring in one of these big dudes to challenge sweed and the others. I hope it's Gurley.

And W. Saunders(S. Carolina) and A. Smith(Virginia Tech) are out there. You'd think we would be trying to get one of these guys in to camp. I really like Smith.

Pretty good at QB. Probably bring in a guy to challenge for the #3 spot.
Thick at RB. Really like the corps.
Address the one opening at TE and WR as stated above.
We have enough Linemen. Kugs has all the pieces he will need.

D-line is thick and sick.
LB-best in the league. deep. talented.
Ike is the key. He deserves a nice payday. Lot's of competition here. Get it done, Lake.
Get one of those FS/SS prospects prev. mentioned and save us a top 100 selection next year at this position.

and as a way-early Birthday gift to me-An ambidextrous Kicker. Punts and Kickoffs with his left and Points with his right.

-it's raining and i'm bored

Oviedo
05-18-2011, 01:34 PM
There are 3 positions that I think we can make significant upgrades at via UCFA.

I'm not a draft expert. I guess I'd be a draftnic. I get most of my knowledge through a handful of mag. publications(PFW,Lindy's,ProFootballDraft,etc.), websites and forum discussions like this one.

So when I say I think the steelers could make a big leap in depth at both FS & SS, this is where I'm gettin my notion from.
I don't know how D. Mcdaniel(SS-Clemson) and D. Williams(FS-N. Carolina) never got drafted. Not even in the 5-7 rounds. I feel like both of these guys could/would be upgrades over the backups we have now.
Other S's to bring in-J. Johnson-SS-Boise St. and J. Tarrant-FS-Georgia Tech.
I'm scratchin my head as to why we didn't take one of these guys over K. Williams. ?

While the Top 4 WR spots are pretty much locked down with Ward, Wallace, Sanders and Brown the 5th spot is open for Sweed, Randle El and Battle.
I would like to see Sweed get that spot but with UCFA's D. Brown(S. Miss.), T. Gurley(S. Carolina) and T. Toliver(LSU) available, the steelers should try to bring in one of these big dudes to challenge sweed and the others. I hope it's Gurley.

And W. Saunders(S. Carolina) and A. Smith(Virginia Tech) are out there. You'd think we would be trying to get one of these guys in to camp. I really like Smith.

Pretty good at QB. Probably bring in a guy to challenge for the #3 spot.
Thick at RB. Really like the corps.
Address the one opening at TE and WR as stated above.
We have enough Linemen. Kugs has all the pieces he will need.

D-line is thick and sick.
LB-best in the league. deep. talented.
Ike is the key. He deserves a nice payday. Lot's of competition here. Get it done, Lake.
Get one of those FS/SS prospects prev. mentioned and save us a top 100 selection next year at this position.

and as a way-early Birthday gift to me-An ambidextrous Kicker. Punts and Kickoffs with his left and Points with his right.

-it's raining and i'm bored

I'd go after Mark Herzlich, LB, BC. If he gets his health back he would be a sick addition to our ILB position. It would be a no risk move on our part to sign him and the payoff could be huge.

steelblood
05-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Hoke is currently unsigned. I'd bring in a UDFA NT in case Casey gets hurt. Ian Williams and Blaine Sumner could be interesting guys.

sentinel33
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah. Herzlich would be sweet, but where do you stash him? I've got harrison,farrior,timmons,woodley,foote,sylvester,w orilds and carter on the roster.

I'm hoping they bring back Hoke on a 1-2 year contract. I think he can still provide strong presence in his role for another season.

Oviedo
05-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah. Herzlich would be sweet, but where do you stash him? I've got harrison,farrior,timmons,woodley,foote,sylvester,w orilds and carter on the roster.

I'm hoping they bring back Hoke on a 1-2 year contract. I think he can still provide strong presence in his role for another season.

Put him on PUP or IR to stash him. Hell, maybe he even beats out Foote and Fox probably isn't coming back so that is an open LB position.

steelblood
05-19-2011, 08:43 AM

Put him on PUP or IR to stash him. Hell, maybe he even beats out Foote and Fox probably isn't coming back so that is an open LB position.

Love your sig, Ovi. I think we have the bases covered. :tt2