PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin, Cowher, Rooney, Polamalu...re: Hines on DWTS

NC Steeler Fan
05-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Hines just scored two perfect "10" dances tonight!

And, tonight they had each dancer talk about who and what inspires them.
Of course, Hines talked about his mom and growing up bi-racial and how
that made him a fighter.

During this segment, they interviewed Troy, Tomlin, Cowher, Art Rooney, Bettis
and others and everyone praised his drive and desire to be the best. It was
so totally cool to see all the support from his teammates and coaches!

And, when they finished the first dance with Kym getting through it totally okay,
it didn't surprise me at all to see those tears on Hines' face. Everyone was totally
blown away by his committment and passion for giving it his all.

Vote for Hines!!

kindlecatsb'ng
05-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Just loved that interview segment. It was great and so is Hines and Kim tonight.

Wouldn't it be something else if the team went out for him next week? Something like they did when Dick LeBeau got induced into the Hall.

GO HINES!

VOTE NOW--VOTE OFTEN.

:tt2

kindlecatsb'ng
05-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Disagree with that last segment of the 15 bonus points. That Chelsea had mistiming and a few missteps. Cannot stand all those stupid faces she makes. Geez

Scarletfire1970
05-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Disagree with that last segment of the 15 bonus points. That Chelsea had mistiming and a few missteps. Cannot stand all those stupid faces she makes. Geez
Face it, they want her to win. Disney owns ABC.

spyboots
05-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Yes, those extra 15 points was to help Chelsea get higher judges scores to be sure she gets to the finals (and wins), probably doesn't have the fanbase and getting the votes she needs to stay. So be sure to vote for Hines to offset those extra 15 judges points she got.

Oviedo
05-17-2011, 08:17 AM

Chelsea is very good. Don't hate on her. :nono

She tears it up with any Latin style dance.

The fact that Kirstie Allie is still in this is a joke. She gets the pity vote.

The "Karate Kid" goes home tonight

flippy
05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Chelsea is way better than Hines and it isn't even close. Fan voting is about as dumb as voting for a prom queen. Is it about the dancing or about who's more popular? This whole show shows how we never really grow up and collectively revert back to our basic knuckle dragging instincts.

Although, I would stop watching if Hines were gone.

My favorite piece was watching Hines pile drive his partner and nearly kill her. Typical cheap shot :P

Then he goes all cry face on us like the ghost of Jerome was standing next to him.

I can't believe I'm entertained by dancing now. That's my biggest beef with Ward. ;)

Scarletfire1970
05-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Chelsea is way better than Hines and it isn't even close. Fan voting is about as dumb as voting for a prom queen. Is it about the dancing or about who's more popular? This whole show shows how we never really grow up and collectively revert back to our basic knuckle dragging instincts.

Although, I would stop watching if Hines were gone.

My favorite piece was watching Hines pile drive his partner and nearly kill her. Typical cheap shot :P

Then he goes all cry face on us like the ghost of Jerome was standing next to him.

I can't believe I'm entertained by dancing now. That's my biggest beef with Ward. ;)
A girl I work with watches that show all the time. She thinks Hines is better and voted for him. She wasn't all impressed with Chelsea. And she isn't a Steelers fan and didn't even know who Hines Ward was until DWTS.

kindlecatsb'ng
05-17-2011, 08:44 PM
I respectfully disagree about Chelsea being the better of the two. It is like comparing apples to oranges because of the vast difference between Hines and Chelsea. She is an ectomorph with long, lean lines. Plus she has hoots and toots that they dress provacatively (sp?) with all kinds of shakes and shimmeys. Hines is more athletic and more a mesamorph well muscled and less linear. He doesn't possess the 'bounce' or lean lines.

Just watched Warren Sapp talk about his final free style and he resembles more of Hines because of their muscularity and body type. They aren't going to have the moves that the ectomorphs will.

This is the first year I've ever watched this; and if Hines wasn't on it, I wouldn't be watching it. To have a competition like that is so subjective for the judges as well--what appeals to them--is it strictly their form, correct dance moves, how they relate, how high energy the dance is. Maybe they just wanted to even up the scores a little. I don't know.

I'm for Hines as a Steeler. It would be almost impossible to ask people to put away their bias as to who they like/not like based on whatever criterion an observer uses to determine who they will support. How many of us are expert dance judges. We only know what we like or appeals to us.

Know that Hines will give it his all! And this was a much better off season--(except for the lockout!)

GO HINES!
:tt1
Kindle

NC Steeler Fan
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Well, Hines and Chelsea have made it to the finals tonight.

I think Ralph goes home tonight too, but you never know.

I have to believe Hines has the fan base that Chelsea can't touch; although
I do think she's a great dancer. Agreed on the difference in their body types
and what they each bring to the dance floor.

Hines reminds me of when Emmitt Smith was on the show. For such "thick" bodies
they are/were very light on their feet and had a playful character on the floor.

Still can't believe Ralph wore "butt pads"... :shock:

RuthlessBurgher
05-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Ectomorphs, mesomorphs, butt pads, oh my!!! :lol:

flippy
05-18-2011, 10:48 AM
I have no idea what to make of the morph references and I'm clearly in over my head as usual ;)

I just know when I watch the dancers, Disney girl looks not only better than Hines to me, she looks better than Kym. And Disney girl's partner looks to me like the best dancer on the show.

That said, I like seeing the terrible towels waving more than I like the dancing. And I'd love to see Hines level Bart Scott in the middle of one of his routines. But I digress. As usual.

Steelerphile
05-18-2011, 02:41 PM
The first week I thought that Hines was ok but the choreography and the chemistry that Kym brought to the performance got them through. I don't watch the show itself but watch it replayed on youtube and every week Hines is getting better. Give him a year and he could be a true dancing performer. Shows you that gritty determination and why he's a possible HOFer with athletic abilities that are not off the charts.

Chelsea Kane doesn't blow him away and she has probably had a lot more training in this area. I don't like her choice of dance routines frankly. It would be tremendous if Hines could win it all, but he has already done a lot. Kind of reminds one of getting to the SuperBowl and losing.

hawaiiansteel
05-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Ward advances to 'Dancing With the Stars' final

By Dan Stefano, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, May 18, 2011

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2011-05-17/dghines2-a.jpg

Just four days after their successful run on "Dancing With the Stars" appeared in danger of coming to an unexpected end, Steelers receiver Hines Ward and partner Kym Johnson were the first couple to advance to next Monday's final.

In practice Friday, Ward fell on Johnson, injuring the Australian dancer's neck. She was rushed to the hospital and was using a neck brace, but Johnson still managed to perform both the Argentine tango and the salsa on Monday night's show.

Impressing the judges, winning over the crowd and apparently wowing the voting public, the pair earned perfect scores of 30 points for each dance.

Ward and Johnson are joined by two other pairs in the finals: Disney star Chelsea Kane and partner Mark Ballas, and actress Kirstie Alley and partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Ralph Macchio, better known as "The Karate Kid" for his title role in the 1984 film, and partner Karina Smirnoff were eliminated.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1MjLLK0EW (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_737644.html#ixzz1MjLLK0EW)

Captain Lemming
05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Beware the Macchio Man.

Always look like he is going to lose then he pull some move at the end to steal a victory.

You heard of the "Black Swan"

I predict Macchio does the "White Crane", a smooth dance move from the 80s:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/02/article-1247929-0820392B000005DC-621_306x398.jpg

Scarletfire1970
05-18-2011, 07:46 PM
The first week I thought that Hines was ok but the choreography and the chemistry that Kym brought to the performance got them through. I don't watch the show itself but watch it replayed on youtube and every week Hines is getting better. Give him a year and he could be a true dancing performer. Shows you that gritty determination and why he's a possible HOFer with athletic abilities that are not off the charts.

Chelsea Kane doesn't blow him away and she has probably had a lot more training in this area. I don't like her choice of dance routines frankly. It would be tremendous if Hines could win it all, but he has already done a lot. Kind of reminds one of getting to the SuperBowl and losing.

Yeah that is my thoughts as well. He may be second place again. Afterall, she is Disney's girl.

NC Steeler Fan
05-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Okay, so here's the thing...

You know how every time we line up for a FG or extra point, we all want to stand up and twist our bodies as if to send some force through the TV to make the ball arc just right and make it through the uprights?

Well, Steeler Nation, now is your chance to actually INFLUENCE a "W" for a Steeler!!

Don't just sit there and hope that Hines wins...VOTE for him!

And, encourage other Steeler fans you know to vote!!!

Honestly? I'm hoping that Tom Bergeron announces that Hines Ward has had the highest fan vote count in DWTS history!

No way he doesn't have milliions of fans around the planet who could vote him to #1... :tt1

flippy
05-18-2011, 10:09 PM
The winner will be Hines or Kirstie. Disney girl doesn't have the celebrity.

I remember seeing a few weeks back that Kirstie gets significantly more mentions on Twitter, Facebook, etc than anyone else in the competition if thats any kind of indicator.

Hines may have trumped Kirstie by power bombing Kym in rehearsals and stealing some media attention.