PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Hate injury update

birtikidis
05-13-2011, 02:29 PM
per his facebook, james just started running again. Says he will be back but rehab will take some time.

Oviedo
05-13-2011, 02:51 PM
"Take some time" comment really worries me. Why do I feel we are watching the Marvel Smith saga repeat itself?

RuthlessBurgher
05-13-2011, 03:51 PM
I'd imagine he'll milk it though August to avoid having to go through the rigors of camp in the Latrobe heat. But once the actual games start, I expect him to be good to go.

Oviedo
05-13-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd imagine he'll milk it though August to avoid having to go through the rigors of camp in the Latrobe heat. But once the actual games start, I expect him to be good to go.

I hope you are right but I have real concerns. Back problem do not tend to go away especially for a 33 year old player who is bent backwards and places his back under extreme stress by 320lb OTs on just about every play.

I'm hoping Worilds is ready to step up in Year 2 because I just get the feeling he will be needed.

Discipline of Steel
05-13-2011, 06:42 PM

I hope you are right but I have real concerns. Back problem do not tend to go away especially for a 33 year old player who is bent backwards and places his back under extreme stress by 320lb OTs on just about every play.

I'm hoping Worilds is ready to step up in Year 2 because I just get the feeling he will be needed.

I hate to sound antagonistic but you keep talking about James Harrison moving on. Why would anyone look forward to his retirement when he was a recent DPOY and Tomlin describes him as the consummate professional? Just to balance to discussion, Ill say i think he will get past it and have another good year just like last year.

Oviedo
05-13-2011, 09:22 PM

I hate to sound antagonistic but you keep talking about James Harrison moving on. Why would anyone look forward to his retirement when he was a recent DPOY and Tomlin describes him as the consummate professional? Just to balance to discussion, Ill say i think he will get past it and have another good year just like last year.

And not wanting to be antagonistic but when did I EVER say anything about wanting James Harrison to get cut or retire? All I have said is that his recent back problems are a real source on concern because he only has one move and that is to bullrush the OT. That is just looking at the facts and making a rational conclusion of a possible scenario.

flippy
05-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Call me crazy, but if James is done, I'd move Timmons into his spot and let Sylvester and Foote compete on the inside.

RuthlessBurgher
05-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Call me crazy, but if James is done, I'd move Timmons into his spot and let Sylvester and Foote compete on the inside.

You are crazy. Not for this reason, though. You are just crazy. So am I, though. Takes one to know one, right? Anyway, the Timmons to OLB plan was in place a couple of years ago when there was no real depth being Wood and Deebo, but I think that Worilds and Carter solve that problem.