PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward Coming Up on Leno

flippy
05-13-2011, 12:06 AM
FYI in case anyone wants to watch.

flippy
05-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Just dancing with the stars stuff...ugh.

But his police run in story was kinda funny. Said by the time the story got back to the East Coast the next day, his mom thought he got shot by the police for stealing a car and called him up cursing him out asking why the heck he was stealing a Honda Civic.

ricaluanna
05-13-2011, 03:26 AM
I watched this. :)

RuthlessBurgher
05-13-2011, 10:07 AM

But his police run in story was kinda funny. Said by the time the story got back to the East Coast the next day, his mom thought he got shot by the police for stealing a car and called him up cursing him out asking why the heck he was stealing a Honda Civic.

Mama knows if you are going to steal a car, you better be stealing a Bentley. :D

BradshawsHairdresser
05-13-2011, 01:28 PM

Mama knows if you are going to steal a car, you better be stealing a Bentley. :D

First you get a divorce, next thing you know, you're stealing Hondas... :D

hawaiiansteel
05-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Steelers' Ward appears on 'The Tonight Show'

Friday, May 13, 2011
By Sharon Eberson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/images5/2011promo_dancingstars_160.jpg

Hines Ward took some time off from prepping for the semifinal round of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" to waltz over to another network as a guest Thursday on NBC's "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno."

The Steelers receiver said he is amazed he is still on the dance competition show and that his goal had been to just get past the first week after he found out his teammates had a locker-room pool betting on him to be the first to go.

Then Leno read him the Las Vegas odds on the four remaining couples: Kirstie Alley and Ralph Macchio, 5 to 1; Chelsea Kane, 4-to-1 and "odds-on favorite, Hines Ward, 2 to 3. They got you in Vegas."

Ward picked Disney actress Kane as the semifinalist he expected to be the toughest competitor and joked that Kirstie Alley always seemed to be tweeting, even while dancing.

"I have to give the females a lot of credit. I have a better idea of what you guys go through in heels, because my feet are killing me," he said. "I soak them every night in Epsom salts."

Ward talked again about the incident in which Los Angeles police handcuffed him and held him at gunpoint because the car he was a passenger in had been reported stolen. He was quickly released when the misunderstanding was cleared up, but he admitted to being shaken up.

"I never had a gun pointed at me so I was scared," he said.

"Welcome to L.A.," Leno said.

Ward said he woke up to about 100 text messages the next morning and that by the time the story reached his mother, "she thought I had been shot by police."

The Steelers receiver wore a gray suit and tie, positively sedate after some of the costumes he's worn on "Dancing." His appearance came after midnight on the taped show, following "Today's" Ann Curry in the guest seat.

Week 9 of the top-rated "Dancing With the Stars" begins at 8 p.m. Monday, with the remaining pairs performing two dances.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11133/11 ... z1MFrjp4ii (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11133/1146327-67-0.stm#ixzz1MFrjp4ii)