3 Bruce Davis
4 Tony Hills
5 Dennis Dixon
6 Mike Humpal
6 Ryan Mundy

Poll it!

flippy
05-13-2011, 12:08 AM
I gave it a C. But I also think there's upside in Sweed and Mundy. So much potential in Sweed, I could up it to an A if he lives up to his potential.

steelblood
05-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Predicting Sweed's problems with big game drops, injuries, and off the field breakdowns would have been difficult. There is some very good talent there. The kids has little trouble getting open when healthy.

sentinel33
05-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah. If Sweed comes around strong enough to contribute I would bump this up to a B.

That's a BIG IF!
Don't get me wrong. I am a huge fan of Sweed's. Dude was sweet in Texas. When we drafted him in round 2, I nearly passed out.

But I just don't see it happening. I mean all he has to do really is beat out Randle El and Battle and he get's the #5 WR slot with Ward, Wallace, Sanders and Brown in front of him.

And this is coming from the guy who purchased an authentic SWEED jersey to celebrate.

So, yeah. C'MON SWEED!

RuthlessBurgher
05-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Yeah. If Sweed comes around strong enough to contribute I would bump this up to a B.

That's a BIG IF!
Don't get me wrong. I am a huge fan of Sweed's. Dude was sweet in Texas. When we drafted him in round 2, I nearly passed out.

But I just don't see it happening. I mean all he has to do really is beat out Randle El and Battle and he get's the #5 WR slot with Ward, Wallace, Sanders and Brown in front of him.

And this is coming from the guy who purchased an authentic SWEED jersey to celebrate.

So, yeah. C'MON SWEED!

Even if he does come back and succeeds, your authentic jersey still won't be in style. Limas switched from the O'Donnell 14 to the Burress 80.

Discipline of Steel
05-13-2011, 06:57 PM

That's a BIG IF!

So, yeah. C'MON SWEED!

Even if he does come back and succeeds, your authentic jersey still won't be in style. Limas switched from the O'Donnell 14 to the Burress 80.

Why did you have to go and poop in his banana split?

hawaiiansteel
05-20-2011, 03:12 AM
Steelers' 2008 draft:

1 Rashard Mendenhall
2 Limas Sweed
3 Bruce Davis
4 Tony Hills
5 Dennis Dixon
6 Mike Humpal
6 Ryan Mundy

I would think that Bruce Davis would make the all-time Steelers Hall of Shame when it comes to bad draft picks, although he would face some tough competition at OLB from Alonzo Jackson and Huey Richardson.

RuthlessBurgher
05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Steelers' 2008 draft:

1 Rashard Mendenhall
2 Limas Sweed
3 Bruce Davis
4 Tony Hills
5 Dennis Dixon
6 Mike Humpal
6 Ryan Mundy

I would think that Bruce Davis would make the all-time Steelers Hall of Shame when it comes to bad draft picks, although he would face some tough competition at OLB from Alonzo Jackson and Huey Richardson.

Huey Richardson (1st round) gets first place in the failed 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB conversion category.
Alonzo Jackson (2nd round) gets second place in the failed 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB conversion category.
Bruce Davis (3rd round) gets third place in the failed 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB conversion category.

Ben210
05-20-2011, 04:21 PM
F

Passed on Chris Johnson. Could've had Ray Rice or Jamaal Charles with the 2nd pick. Hell, with this hindsight we could've had Peyton Hillis instead of Mike Humpal.

The rest of this draft speaks for itself.

Ben210
05-20-2011, 04:47 PM
1. Mike Jenkins
2. Jamaal Charles
3. Mario Manningham
4. Josh Sitton
5. Jonathan Goff
6. Davone Bess
6. Peyton Hillis

This was my '08 draft board. :D

grotonsteel
05-20-2011, 08:25 PM
I gave C-

Mendy is a good RB who could turn out to be great.

And Ryan Mundy could be a potential starter for Steelers.

I would give it a A- or B+ if Sweed becomes a starter.