PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2007 draft re-graded and analyzed

Keyplay1
05-11-2011, 02:27 PM
As usual upon further review the Steelers drafts look better and better. This writer goes back to 2007 and looks at all the teams drafts and regrades them . Interesting idea. I thought it was a bit limited but nonetheless revealing. Check it out.

http://thesidelineview.com/

Shawn
05-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Getting Timmons and Woodley in the same draft should have guaranteed the Steelers an A.

Lebsteel
05-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I like the grade on the Steelers draft, but...and these are the facts, he simply doesn't know what he is talking about when he says Paul Posluszny can't stay on the field.

Since I was admittedly a big Poz fan and wanted him drafted in Round 1 that year, I thought I would check out his stats:
He did only play in three games his first year due to a broken arm, but how much did Timmons contribute in 2007? Poz had 26 tackles and Timmons 16. Poz has had more tackles every year than Timmons and despite missing more games, he has 107 more career tackles. Would I still take Poz over Timmons? Timmons "ceiling" is WAY higher than Poz. I see Poz as more of a Farrior type who is not spectacular but is a great leader and gets the job done on the field. So, I'll let you know when Timmons' contract is up. If he wants a ridiculous sum of money (agent is Drew Rosenhaus) then I'd have to say no, because we certainly will not be able to pay him HUGE dollars and still resign Troy, Woodley, Ike, etc...

Keyplay1
05-12-2011, 07:19 AM
I only posted this article for laughs sort of. It simply confirms what most Steeler fans already know. The drafts have been strong and are usually rated so so early on.

BUT, this was not what stood out for me in this piece. What shocked me was the surprising number of players drafted by numerous teams that simply did very little or worse. I was hoping someone else might notice this and possibly have some explanation.

Oh well, I also now have had it with all this draft stuff and looking back at all those re-this and that stuff. Time to move on and get ready for 2011. I see there are several hot threads already figuring out the 2011 strategy.

But anyhow, like this writer said, he planned on doing this regularly now. And, after several years us casual fans should have a pretty good idea of how teams approach and do the draft. Not only the Steelers, but all the teams. LOL Now it's onward and back to next years Offensive line forecast thread.

steelblood
05-12-2011, 07:38 AM
I only posted this article for laughs sort of. It simply confirms what most Steeler fans already know. The drafts have been strong and are usually rated so so early on.

BUT, this was not what stood out for me in this piece. What shocked me was the surprising number of players drafted by numerous teams that simply did very little or worse. I was hoping someone else might notice this and possibly have some explanation.

Oh well, I also now have had it with all this draft stuff and looking back at all those re-this and that stuff. Time to move on and get ready for 2011. I see there are several hot threads already figuring out the 2011 strategy.

But anyhow, like this writer said, he planned on doing this regularly now. And, after several years us casual fans should have a pretty good idea of how teams approach and do the draft. Not only the Steelers, but all the teams. LOL Now it's onward and back to next years Offensive line forecast thread.

If this writer is Steelers' beat writer John Harris, I'm milding impressed that he did this much work. Not all points are valid, but it is not a pile of fluff like most John Harris pieces.

Hey Keyplay, you aren't John Harris are you? :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
05-12-2011, 12:12 PM

If this writer is Steelers' beat writer John Harris, I'm milding impressed that he did this much work. Not all points are valid, but it is not a pile of fluff like most John Harris pieces.

Hey Keyplay, you aren't John Harris are you? :lol:

Or Coach Perv's son, Lance. :stirpot :wink:

Keyplay1
05-12-2011, 12:59 PM
steelblood said "If this writer is Steelers' beat writer John Harris, I'm milding impressed that he did this much work. Not all points are valid, but it is not a pile of fluff like most John Harris pieces."

No i'ts not him. I was curious too and looked up the bio. I forget now but I think he's does one of the Texas teams probably Houston. That may account for the thread the Texans have not have very good drafts lately.

Keyplay1
05-12-2011, 01:37 PM
RuthlessBurgher's post was not up when I just posted.

Me, I was on the board at Pittsburgh.com and here as 1st and Goal.

The apartment I was in cancelled their Internet service. I could not log in on a technicality since the address was now invalid. I got another email address and figured I better change the log in name also.