PDA

View Full Version : Troy was there supporting Hines last night on DWTS

rpmpit
05-10-2011, 07:14 AM
They showed him cheering for Hines after the first dance. Its great to see so many of his teammates going out to LA to support him.

rpmpit
05-10-2011, 08:13 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222354_10150184475023647_27631638646_6945451_21819 47_n.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
05-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Who's the kid with Troy?

rpmpit
05-10-2011, 10:33 AM
That's me!!!! :tt2

Nah, just kidding. One of the Jonas Brothers. They're one of the Disney boy bands. Disney owns ABC. ABC has DWTS. So I'm assuming that's why he was there. And the younger girl celebrity dancer is also a Disney product. My wife fears a conspiracy by ABC to hand her the trophy at the end of the season. Tough situation for her because she is a really good dancer. And if she does end up winning, I won't doubt that she'll have earned it.

And yes, I know WAY too much about DWTS :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
05-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Nah, just kidding. One of the Jonas Brothers. They're one of the Disney boy bands. Disney owns ABC. ABC has DWTS. So I'm assuming that's why he was there. And the younger girl celebrity dancer is also a Disney product. My wife fears a conspiracy by ABC to hand her the trophy at the end of the season. Tough situation for her because she is a really good dancer. And if she does end up winning, I won't doubt that she'll have earned it.

Ahhh...the Jonas Brothers...likely my kids aren't into them yet. But I do get my fair share of iCarly, however.

fordfixer
05-10-2011, 02:23 PM

Sounds as if you know a lot about the Jonas Brothers all so :lol: :lol:

rpmpit
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM

LOL!! I know of them. Like RB, I think my son is still too young to care about the Jonas Brothers.

What's funny is that Troy posted that pick on his facebook. One of the comments on the pic was something like "Troy!! Please tell us you didn't know who that was!!" :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
05-10-2011, 03:30 PM
When you see two celebrities getting their picture taken together, you have to wonder which side was sufficiently star-struck to request the picture in the first place (unless the disparity in fame is so great that it's obvious...for example, if you saw a picture of Carrot Top and Marlon Brando, you can be quite sure that Brando wasn't the one to approach the Carrot for a potential photo op). In this case, did the Jonas Brother kid want his picture with Polamalu, or did Polamalu want his picture with the Jonas Brother kid?

flippy
05-10-2011, 03:40 PM
When you see two celebrities getting their picture taken together, you have to wonder which side was sufficiently star-struck to request the picture in the first place (unless the disparity in fame is so great that it's obvious...for example, if you saw a picture of Carrot Top and Marlon Brando, you can be quite sure that Brando wasn't the one to approach the Carrot for a potential photo op). In this case, did the Jonas Brother kid want his picture with Polamalu, or did Polamalu want his picture with the Jonas Brother kid?

Who's to say Marlo isn't a fan of Carrot top? C'Mon RB. :)

Good question in general though. We should come up with a list of celeb photos so we can make fun of them. But with Troy/Jona scenario, I think this is easy - Jona wanted Troy in the picture. And it wasn't because of his fame as a football player. It's because he's seen Troy as the Head and Shoulder's guy and Jona wishes he had Troy's hair.

Troy is to busy in the monastary and football field to know who Jona is. He probably thought it was some sick kid so he was extra nice to him :)

fordfixer
05-10-2011, 07:39 PM

LOL!! I know of them. Like RB, I think my son is still too young to care about the Jonas Brothers.

What's funny is that Troy posted that pick on his facebook. One of the comments on the pic was something like "Troy!! Please tell us you didn't know who that was!!" :lol:

O.K. your son is too young too care ........so ummm how long have you been following boy bands????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

rpmpit
05-10-2011, 09:10 PM

O.K. your son is too young too care ........so ummm how long have you been following boy bands????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The truth is, my wife's cousin has three boys who are huge fans of the Jonas Bros. They range in age from 4 to 10. Every time we are there, the Jonas Brothers are on the TV. I think I'd go insane. I'm praying that my son doesn't become a fan. So far, he's into sports more than he is crappy music.

(that sounded believable, right??? :lol: )

NJ-STEELER
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM

they're jersey boys

of course he knows them

rpmpit
05-11-2011, 07:27 AM

they're jersey boys

of course he knows them

Good point, NJ. Sinatra, Springsteen, Bon Jovi and now....Jonas!

rpmpit
05-11-2011, 07:30 AM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230798_10150184340878647_27631638646_6944121_66367 79_n.jpg

flippy
05-11-2011, 08:57 AM
If I was Hines, for the finals, I'd pay to have Johnny to come in his Cobra Kai outfit along with his sensai and wave terrible towels. And I'd dance to that song "Your the best around and no one's ever gonna keep you down" and I'd incorporate some leg sweeps into my dance.

rpmpit
05-11-2011, 09:39 AM
If I was Hines, for the finals, I'd pay to have Johnny to come in his Cobra Kai outfit along with his sensai and wave terrible towels. And I'd dance to that song "Your the best around and no one's ever gonna keep you down" and I'd incorporate some leg sweeps into my dance.

Johnny was soft. I'd go for Chozen...

http://content9.flixster.com/photo/54/00/41/5400419_gal.jpg

flippy
05-11-2011, 09:52 AM

Maybe we just go for Bad Boy Barnes who'd kick all of their butts.

rpmpit
05-11-2011, 11:05 AM

Maybe we just go for Bad Boy Barnes who'd kick all of their butts.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr4OwPG-umvvAPxrdKOzDbIjGoEFbKPexyctRLtP5z4x4D-0ZT&t=1

I just hope no bonsai trees are harmed. Barnes seemed to have some anger issues associated with the adorable little mini trees. Bastard!

flippy
05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
I woulda went with Hillary Swank as the next karate kid, but probably no one even saw that movie.

The remake with Will Smith's kid was the worst movie I've ever seen. I felt bad for today's generation for having to see that instead of Daniel Laruso.

On second though, maybe Hines could just hook up with Elizabeth Shue and steal Danny boy's girl ;)

RuthlessBurgher
05-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Mmmm...Elisabeth Shue...

http://www.bikecommuters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/drooling_homer.pnghttp://www.famous-people-search.com/elisabeth_shue/elisabeth_shue_pictures/elisabeth_shue_022.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
05-12-2011, 06:39 PM

The truth is, my wife's cousin has three boys who are huge fans of the Jonas Bros. They range in age from 4 to 10. Every time we are there, the Jonas Brothers are on the TV. I think I'd go insane. I'm praying that my son doesn't become a fan. So far, he's into sports more than he is crappy music.

Here you go...now you can impress your 4-10 year old relatives. :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/rpmjonas.jpg

Too bad I'm not good enough with photoshop to animate the staffer in the red jacket like camber did once upon a time with that security guard in the Ray Lewis photoshop.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/steelersblog/wp-content/gallery/contest-4/camber.gif

:lol:

rpmpit
05-13-2011, 07:05 AM

Here you go...now you can impress your 4-10 year old relatives. :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/rpmjonas.jpg

Too bad I'm not good enough with photoshop to animate the staffer in the red jacket like camber did once upon a time with that security guard in the Ray Lewis photoshop.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/steelersblog/wp-content/gallery/contest-4/camber.gif

:lol:

Awesome!!! :tt1

hawaiiansteel
05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Ward in it to win it

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, May 16, 2011

And then there were four

Here are the remaining contestants on "Dancing With the Stars." One couple will be eliminated Tuesday, and the remaining three will advance to the finals, which will be held next week.

Celebrity -- Professional -- Odds

Hines Ward -- Kym Johnson -- Even

Chelsea Kane -- Mark Ballas -- 5/2

Ralph Macchio -- Karina Smirnoff -- 4/1

Kirstie Alley -- Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- 6/1

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2011-05-15/0515stward-a.jpg

Assuming Kym Johnson has recovered from a nasty spill that sent her to the hospital last week and Hines Ward continues to dazzle with his fancy footwork, a takeover of sorts may occur next week at the "Dancing With the Stars" studio.

"We're going to have a whole Steelers section," inside linebacker James Farrior said of the final episides on DWTS. "We couldn't get the Super Bowl trophy, but we're about to get that dancing trophy."

Ward has put himself in position to take home the Mirror Ball Trophy.

The Steelers wide receiver is one of four celebrities remaining on DWTS, the popular reality TV show that resumes tonight. If he is one of the three who advances to the finals, it will only be fitting that Terrible Towel-waving teammates will be among those cheering him on in person.

There have been two constants since Ward started showing a national TV audience that his good moves extend beyond the football field: lavish praise from the DWTS judges and equally generous support from his teammates.

Farrior, James Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Max Starks and Rashard Mendenhall are among those who have watched Ward and Johnson compete in Los Angeles. Ward said it would "mean the world" to him if he advances to next week's finals and a large Steelers contingent is a part of the audience.

"When I see my teammates take time out of their busy schedules and away from their families to come out and support me," Ward said, "it gets me more motivated and just makes me want to do my best for them. To have them there to watch me possibly win it would be an incredible feeling."

One obstacle Ward and Johnson may have to overcome is the health of the latter.

Johnson was taken to a Los Angeles hospital by ambulance last Friday after she fell and hurt her neck while rehearsing with Ward. Johnson was released from the hospital that day, and her spokesperson said the Aussie dancer has been cleared to perform tonight.

One thing could help propel Ward and Johnson to the finals even if she is hampered by the injury. Fan voting helps determine which dancers advance, and few if any teams enjoy a more rabid and widespread following than the Steelers.

"Steelers Nation alone can get him through," Farrior said. "Nobody's got more fans than him. We're going to the finals."

Even if Ward does not make the finals, he said his experience on DWTS is one he won't soon forget.

The six hours a day he has practiced on weekdays since March has helped Ward stay in shape. He said the DWTS endeavor has also kept him from thinking about the NFL lockout while providing him with a sense of accomplishment.

That's not to say Ward is happy just to get to this point. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, after all, doesn't call him a "sick competitor" for nothing.

"Of course I will be disappointed if I don't win it because I am treating this like the Super Bowl," Ward said. "I am a competitor at heart, and if I set out to do something, I do it to win."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1MWi4lzaK (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_737238.html#ixzz1MWi4lzaK)

NC Steeler Fan
05-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Okay guys and gals, let's answer the call to Steeler Nation and vote tonight
for Hines and Kym!

Just follow the phone or text instructions on the screen after they dance or go online
to http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-th ... out-voting (http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/about-voting) to sign in and cast
your votes!

GO HINES!!! :tt1

hawaiiansteel
05-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Ward ready for final steps toward dancing championship

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, May 23, 2011

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2011-05-22/HinesKym-g.jpg

LOS ANGELES -- Not long after her plane touched down Sunday at Los Angeles International Airport, Judy Lipcsak pulled a pristine Terrible Towel out of her carry-on bag and smiled.

To the Beaver Falls resident, the famed cloth had been as much of a travel requirement as her driver's license and boarding pass.

That is because Lipcsak and her daughter, Gillian Kratzer, will be among the countless Steelers fans watching tonight and Tuesday as Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward tries to join Emmitt Smith as the only current or former NFL players to win "Dancing With the Stars."

Lipcsak and Kratzer, thanks to a contest won by the former, will have a better view than most. They will watch the finals live as three couples battle over two nights to win the Mirror Ball Trophy.

And when Lipcsak isn't waving the towel she bought at Pittsburgh International Airport, she will be trying to cover it with autographs of past and current Steelers, thus fulfilling a request from her son.

"And Franco Harris did say he was going to come to (the finals) if Hines made it," Lipcsak said.

Steelers players are expected to be a conspicuous part of the live audience over the next two nights. Teammates such as James Farrior, Troy Polamalu and James Harrison have been among those who have watched Ward and partner Kym Johnson compete on the popular TV show. Farrior said recently that such support will do anything but waver with Ward in the finals -- especially since the four-time Pro Bowler took more than his share of kidding after he was officially introduced as a "DWTS" cast member in March.

"I think they had a locker room pool to see how long I might last," Ward said recently. "But after they all came out to see me dance, they gave me support and said I wasn't bad and now they are all behind me and expect me to bring that Mirror Ball Trophy home."

Ward has easily been the most visible Steeler during an offseason in which NFL players have been embroiled in a labor struggle with the owners and locked out since March 11.

He and Johnson have consistently drawn high scores and praise alike on "DWTS," and their only misstep came during a recent rehearsal.

Ward, one of the greatest wide receivers in Steelers history, dropped Johnson as they practiced a dance routine and then landed on the Australian native. She was taken to a Los Angeles hospital with a neck injury, but it didn't keep her and Ward from competing just a few days later -- and vaulting into the finals.

Lipcsak and her daughter will watch them in person after winning a drawing sponsored by Southwest Airlines and WTAE. In addition to free airfare and tickets to the DWTS finals, the two have been put up in a posh Beverly Hills hotel.

The experience will be a memorable one no matter what happens over the next two days, Lipcsak said.

But she would love nothing more than to return to the Pittsburgh area with a Terrible Towel filled with autographs -- and a wrist a little tender from waving it so often in support of Ward.

"He's done amazingly well," Lipcsak said. "I think he's got a real shot (to win)."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1NCO1wz7W (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_738464.html#ixzz1NCO1wz7W)