PDA

View Full Version : cnnsi has us picking no. 32 next year...

JTP53609
05-05-2011, 08:56 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... aft/1.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrew_perloff/05/03/2012.mock.draft/1.html)

why play the season we are predicted to beat the saints in the SB...gitty up!!, I also like the pick...I will take I guess haha

RuthlessBurgher
05-05-2011, 09:07 PM
At this time last year, he predicted the Steelers to pick 15th in this draft and grab Patrick Peterson (for what it's worth, he had Cam Heyward going #4 overall to Detroit and Curtis Brown going #31 to Baltimore). He did pick Christian Ponder to Minnesota (albeit at #28 instead of #12) and he picked Julio Jones going to Cleveland at #6 (Julio did go 6th overall, and the Browns did own that 6th pick).

birtikidis
05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
I really don't see us making defensive line our first pick in 3 out of 4 drafts. Not gonna happen. We'll look at either OT or ILB.

steelerkeylargo
05-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Ta'Amu will be a 4th round pick at best. He has Alshon Jeffreys going #21 to the Ravens that dude is a lock top 10 pick.

PSU_dropout43
05-05-2011, 10:06 PM
32. Steelers - Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame

RuthlessBurgher
05-06-2011, 10:11 AM
32. Steelers - Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame

Dude was cited twice for underage drinking, then got a DUI (more than twice the legal limit). Notre Dame briefly considered expelling him from the university, but he will likely still be suspended as a result. I think we'll pass. Once may be a mistake, twice might be a coincidence, but three times is a pattern.

Dee Dub
05-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Ta'Amu will be a 4th round pick at best. He has Alshon Jeffreys going #21 to the Ravens that dude is a lock top 10 pick.

My guess is maybe a top 5 pick. He is special. My pick for the Steelers at 32 is ILB Vontaze Burfict ASU. The Steelers love defense, love LBs, and will need to replace Farrior next year. And Burfict is a beast.

Oviedo
05-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I have agree with the previous statement that I don't see us going DL 3 out of 4 years unless we plan on going to the 4-3 soon :stirpot

I see a DB or OT as the most likely because we still need OT help and I think we will see this season that our secondary isn't much better than last year because our rookies won't be allowed to play. Troy will also likely not be able play a full 16 games so there will be serious concern whether we need to get his replacement sooner rather than later.

steelerkeylargo
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM

My guess is maybe a top 5 pick. He is special. My pick for the Steelers at 32 is ILB Vontaze Burfict ASU. The Steelers love defense, love LBs, and will need to replace Farrior next year. And Burfict is a beast.

I agree Burfict is a beast, BUT, the dude has to get a grip on his emotions. The kid is whack.

RuthlessBurgher
05-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Since no one has thrown out his name yet, how about Marcus Trufant's little brother Desmond?

Dresden
05-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I like the Armstrong kid out of Miami. But if he has a tremendous season this year we are likely out of the running for his services. Unless of course,..we field the same secondary as last season and EVERY opponent we play uses the Patriot Blueprint against us with more having success with it than not,.....

birtikidis
05-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I like the Armstrong kid out of Miami. But if he has a tremendous season this year we are likely out of the running for his services. Unless of course,..we field the same secondary as last season and EVERY opponent we play uses the Patriot Blueprint against us with more having success with it than not,.....
Oh you mean completely shut down our offense and make it look pathetic. Especially after the Browns (yes the BROWNS) run all over them?

Dresden
05-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh you mean completely shut down our offense and make it look pathetic. Especially after the Browns (yes the BROWNS) run all over them?

I was thinking more along the lines of attacking us through the air without playing with fear of our pass rush in spite of the fact that it (pass rush) will get there at times.

Besides,..Everyone knows that our Qb, receivers and Mendenhall form one of the most consistent and polished high powered scoring offenses in the league. Or,.. at least that what the press in Pittsburgh and some of our fanbase say ? :lol:

birtikidis
05-07-2011, 06:47 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of attacking us through the air without playing with fear of our pass rush in spite of the fact that it (pass rush) will get there at times.

Besides,..Everyone knows that our Qb, receivers and Mendenhall form one of the most consistent and polished high powered scoring offenses in the league. Or,.. at least that what the press in Pittsburgh and some of our fanbase say ? :lol:
Every time I hear about how these teams moved the ball at will on our defense I think about how completely inept our own offense was. Meanwhile a team like the browns moves the ball AT WILL against both. Be it playcalling, blocking, or execution, it was difficult to stomach.

Dresden
05-07-2011, 07:10 PM

Every time I hear about how these teams moved the ball at will on our defense I think about how completely inept our own offense was. Meanwhile a team like the browns moves the ball AT WILL against both. Be it playcalling, blocking, or execution, it was difficult to stomach.

I'm with you dude. But it seems that we may very well be in the minority here according to what i have read and heard from some of those of the Nation ?

All i ever hear about is how awesome Ben, Mendenhall, our midget receivers and deep ball Mike wallace are ? And if not,..well then of course it has to be the entire O-lines fault with the exception of Pouncey. That and of course Bruce Arians is inept to say the least. (Ok,....i'll give em Arians to an extent but after that i call B.S) :lol:

birtikidis
05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Well, looking at our defense, I think we are much better off then what people here think. I do think that BMac is the weakest link in the secondary, but I think signing N.A. doesn't fix that problem anyway, so, what's the point.
Offensively, I stand behind my statement that playing a guy at guard who has played tackle his entire life is a bad decision. Granted we played with out our bookend tackles last year, but really, was Flo worse then Colon? (btw a Colon is an a$$, A$$, pi$$ in the a$$== sorry was watching south park). Pouncey was something we've been needing for a long time.

I love Ben. Think he's a winner. plays the game the way it should be. I also like our receivers. I think we can win with them. I like Mendy, stupid comments aside. I DO NOT like BA. I think he handcuffs our offense by being a stubborn prick who refuses to use what he has. I also think it's stupid to put a guy like D. Johnson at FB on short yardage situations. I think if we had Dan Krieder, alot of those short yardage situations would have been converted. But BA thinks he's in cleveland where we're expected to not be able to make it.

Dresden
05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Well, looking at our defense, I think we are much better off then what people here think. I do think that BMac is the weakest link in the secondary, but I think signing N.A. doesn't fix that problem anyway, so, what's the point.
Offensively, I stand behind my statement that playing a guy at guard who has played tackle his entire life is a bad decision. Granted we played with out our bookend tackles last year, but really, was Flo worse then Colon? (btw a Colon is an a$$, A$$, pi$$ in the a$$== sorry was watching south park). Pouncey was something we've been needing for a long time.

I love Ben. Think he's a winner. plays the game the way it should be. I also like our receivers. I think we can win with them. I like Mendy, stupid comments aside. I DO NOT like BA. I think he handcuffs our offense by being a stubborn prick who refuses to use what he has. I also think it's stupid to put a guy like D. Johnson at FB on short yardage situations. I think if we had Dan Krieder, alot of those short yardage situations would have been converted. But BA thinks he's in cleveland where we're expected to not be able to make it.

I whole heartedly agree with you in terms of 'supposed' position flexibility for an OT,.. it's nonsense from where i stand as well. I also agree with your Cartman like assessment of Colon. :lol: As well as Arians' refusal to use a true fullback in true said capacity. I also agree that Pouncey,... is a stud.

However, i have never been a fan of Roethlisberger going back to his days at Miami where i considered him reckless, unpolished, highly inaccurate and arrogant enough to believe that he does not have adapt his game to meet the standard of what is expected of a superior professional passer and leader of men. And i still don't trust him against the better teams of the league. But that's just my deal.

I also don't consider Mendenhall that much of an upgrade over a healthy Willie Parker's productivity. Don't get me wrong,.. i loved Willie as a player but to me a Steeler ground game should be predicated on punishing teams between the tackles with maybe a scatback homerun guy as a complimentary back. (Sans the fumble itis)

As far as our receivers,..i think Mike can and will become a better route runner. However i have very little faith in the midget twins Sanders and Brown ever being more than solid role player guys. I just don't see them ever being any major threat to an opposing defense consistently.

I also think that Gay, and Clark are just as considerable liabilities in coverage as Mac.

However, i do feel that a healthy Macfadden playing nickle with Troy, a ballhawk FS, Ike (or at least an Ike quality player) and a true stud Corner on the field with him would probably not be that bad of a look. I mean to say,.. i think he could at least give us Dshea like productivity there ?

birtikidis
05-07-2011, 08:27 PM
I think where we differ in our assessment in Ben is the things I like. given our offensive lines.. ineptitude, his size and ability to avoid the sack at times makes him brilliant. I have posted a number of things I don't like about his game. I really just take into account what we had BEFORE he was here.
Manny and Antonio, IMO are going to be great UNDERNEATH receivers. Like Welker, just without the cheating scandals. I think IF Sweed can comeback and be what we all thought he would be, we go from a ehh to :tt2 . the outside threats that would give us would be ridiculous.
I'm torn on Mendy. At times, he's a stud and others i just want to pull my hair out. I honestly think we HAVE to give Redman more looks. He is just such a tough runner.
I think you're off a little on Clark. Coverage wise, he isn't a great player, but from a different point of view, I don't think we can let Troy do what Troy does with out him. Was he a downgrade from Hope? Possibly, but no way we were gonna get in a bidding war for him.
what is so frustrating is that we take these corners with the hope that we'll find a gem. But for every Ike we get, we get Gay, Burnett or Colcough (and wtf is up with the spelling!)