PDA

View Full Version : HINES WARD SCARE!!!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
05-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Consider the source for now but I'm sure there will be more to follow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp1857 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/TMZ-Hines-Ward-handcuffed-at-gunpoint-due-to-mi?urn=nfl-wp1857)

Hines Ward(notes) was handcuffed at gunpoint Thursday morning in Los Angeles after police pulled over a car he was in that had been reported stolen.

Take it away, TMZ:

The "Dancing With the Stars" contestant was a passenger in a Honda Civic around 2 AM ... when LAPD officers flipped on their lights and sirens and pulled the car over.

Law enforcement sources tell us cops had run the license plate and noticed the car had been reported stolen. We're told police drew their weapons ... and ordered both Hines and the female driver out of the car and placed them both in handcuffs.

The female driver then explained ... SHE was the person who reported the car stolen in the first place after an incident involving a valet. But she got her car back ... and forgot to tell cops to call off the alert.

The natural question arises: a Honda Civic? Hines couldn't spring for the Accord for he and his lady friend? I know the lockout has made it tough for NFL players, but come on.

TMZ reports that once police cleared up the mess, Ward and his friend were allowed to leave the scene. The Steelers wideout was "very cooperative and understanding" during the incident.

Ward is one of five celebrities left in ABC's reality dance competition. Well, four if you don't include Chelsea Kane.

Before you jump to any conclusions about this story, Ward's teammate Rashard Mendenhall(notes) would caution that you have an open, honest discussion about it that consists of doubting the validity of anything said by somebody in a position of authority and coming up with bogus alternative theories that don't make sense on any rational level.

flippy
05-05-2011, 12:48 PM
wonder who the girl was? it's never good to get handcuffed at 2am.

BradshawsHairdresser
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Good thing they didn't know Hines has been divorced, or they probably would have thrown the book at him.

Steelers>NFL
05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
How can anyone with a smile like his get arrested and put have handcuffds put on?

feltdizz
05-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Good thing they didn't know Hines has been divorced, or they probably would have thrown the book at him.

:Clap

insanesteelersfan
05-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Okay now, I saw this all over the web, on CNNnews and Fox News. It was even ahead of the Bin Laden stories. So, even though there were NO Arrests or anything ( Just like Ben )
I still can expect the NFL NAZI Roger Goodell to suspend Hines for 6 games to,,,right ?

hawaiiansteel
05-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Before you jump to any conclusions about this story, Ward's teammate Rashard Mendenhall would caution that you have an open, honest discussion about it that consists of doubting the validity of anything said by somebody in a position of authority and coming up with bogus alternative theories that don't make sense on any rational level.

:D

ikestops85
05-05-2011, 03:25 PM

That's not what she said when I last did it. :shock:

flippy
05-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Great. Now I feel like I have to wash my mind out with soap.

RuthlessBurgher
05-05-2011, 05:40 PM

Great. Now I feel like I have to wash my mind out with soap.

Don't forget to floss while you are in there, flip.

http://www.northernsun.com/images/imagelarge/Mental-Floss-T-Shirt-(1126).jpg

hawaiiansteel
05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Hines is a class act, wouldn't you agree Crash? :D

Hines Ward: Police who stopped me just doing their jobs

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 5, 2011

Some people who were handcuffed by police at gunpoint over a misunderstanding would cry foul and say they were mistreated. Hines Ward is not one of those people.

Instead, Ward is making a point of letting his fans know that the police who stopped him early this morning did nothing improper. Ward posted a brief note to his fans on Facebook, saying that everything was OK.

“The incident in the news that involved me getting pulled over. I want everyone to know that this was a complete misunderstanding,” Ward wrote. “The police were just doing their job. Apologies were made and it’s now in the past. Moving forward.”

Ward, the Steelers receiver who’s a contestant this season on Dancing With the Stars, was a passenger in a car that was pulled over by the Los Angeles Police Department, and he was handcuffed while officers checked whether it was stolen. In reality, the driver had reported it stolen after a valet couldn’t produce it, then failed to report that it wasn’t stolen when the valet eventually found it.

Ward’s comments stand in contrast to those of Titans running back Chris Johnson, who also used social media this week to discuss an incident when police questioned him even though he did nothing wrong. While Johnson suggested that he was targeted because he’s young, black and rich, Ward has a more magnanimous reaction to his own encounter with police.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... heir-jobs/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/05/hines-ward-police-who-stopped-me-just-doing-their-jobs/)