PDA

View Full Version : Lebsteel appointed Steeler GM

Lebsteel
05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I had a dream last night and I was appointed the new Steeler GM during training camp, after Kevin Colbert unexpectedly stepped down. I was given the following scenario and told to do my best to take the Steelers to Super Bowl victory No. 7:

After long, successful careers as defensive standouts for the Steelers, Aaron Smith and James Farrior have decided to retire. This gives me $10 million plus to use. Limas Sweed has made a complete recovery from an Achilles tendon injury and has a renewed self-confidence and is proving that he can actually catch a football. Trai Essex and Jon Scott have been resigned to cap-friendly short term contracts. So given those circumstances, I proceeded to make my moves:

Offense
I set out to work by evaluating my OL and am pleasantly surprised at how quickly Marcus Gilbert is picking up the play calls and is proving to be a very good blocker. My 2011 OL is Starks, Kemo (with rookie Williams and PS player Dorian Brooks not far behind), Pouncey, Foster and Adams. My backups are Jon Scott, Essex, Legursky, Chris Scott, and Gilbert. Williams and Brooks go to the Practice Squad. Hills and Colon are not resigned.

My wide receivers are Ward, Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Sweed. Battle and ARE are released.

My running backs are Mendenhall, Redman, Dwyer and rookie Baron Black. Moore is released.

My quarterbacks are, of course, Ben, Lefty and Batch.

My tight ends are still Miller, Spaeth (resigned at a minimal contract) and Johnson.

That’s my 25 on offense.

Defense
Given the retirements of two Steeler all-time greats, I am forced into making two non-typical Steeler moves.

I have lots of money to work with due to retirements and the release of several non-contributing veterans. I let Ike walk, but ink Woodley to a six-year contract.

I then make an incredible, unheard of move that will take the Steelers to multiple SB victories, I sign Nnamdi Asomugha to a long-term contract. Whoa! I almost woke up after that move…but I continued on. My next move is to replace Farrior. I considered Foote and Fox, but decided they are good backups, but not starters. Sylvester is not ready to fill the role vacated by Farrior. So, I considered potential free agents and I signed a Pittsburgh-area native who was third in the league in tackles in 2010. He is only 26 and actually has 100 more career tackles and more interceptions than our beloved Lawrence Timmons. He is perfect to fill the slot, his name is Paul Posluszny! So with two solid additions to our defense, it looks like this:

Defensive linemen are Keisel, Hampton, Hood, Heyward, Eason, and rookie FA Ian Williams (our future NT).

Linebackers are Harrison, Timmons, Woodley, Posluszny, Foote, Fox, Sylvester, Worilds and Carter.

Defensive backs are McFadden, Asomugha, Troy, Clark, Butler, Gay, C. Allen, W. Allen, Brown, and Lewis (at Free Safety).

Our special teamers are Warren, Suisham and Sepulveda.

With that, I was rudely awakened by my alarm clock/radio playing Aerosmith’s “Dream On”! Kind of weird, but that is what happens when I stay up late watching the draft and checking out PlanetSteelers!

OK, it wasn’t actually a dream last night, but boy it would be a dream come true if it happened!!

insanesteelersfan
05-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Might I suggest you stick to your day job! I will come in and visit you real soon and buy a Big Mac :lol:

Shawn
05-01-2011, 06:57 PM
You have very lucid dreams. Mine usually consist of things like purple monkeys hanging from melting clocks, and dancing trolls doing the tango. But, hey that may be just me. :)

hawaiiansteel
05-01-2011, 06:57 PM
after your terrific performance in predicting the Steelers draft choices of Cameron Heyward and Marcus Gilbert, you are hereby promoted to whatever position in the Steelers front office you want! :Bow

Lebsteel
05-01-2011, 07:19 PM
after your terrific performance in predicting the Steelers draft choices of Cameron Heyward and Marcus Gilbert, you are hereby promoted to whatever position in the Steelers front office you want! :Bow

Thanks, Hawaiian! I finally guessed a few draft picks correctly. Can you tell that Poz was my first round pick in 2007?

Lebsteel
05-01-2011, 07:56 PM
You have very lucid dreams. Mine usually consist of things like purple monkeys hanging from melting clocks, and dancing trolls doing the tango. But, hey that may be just me. :)

Purple monkeys? Shawn, are you a closet Ravens fan? My monkeys are always black and gold! :) :tt1

steelblood
05-01-2011, 08:06 PM
That dream would be a dream.

hawaiiansteel
05-01-2011, 08:19 PM

hey Shawn, might I suggest eating a few less peyote buttons before you go to sleep? :)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/164/7/b/Purple_Monkey_for_Aida_by_traumtaenzer.jpg

Shawn
05-01-2011, 10:30 PM

Purple monkeys? Shawn, are you a closet Ravens fan? My monkeys are always black and gold! :) :tt1

Suppressed Ravaphilia...interesting theory. Personally, I think it's just the plate of chipotle spiced cheese dip I like to eat before bed. :)

Shawn
05-01-2011, 10:31 PM

hey Shawn, might I suggest eating a few less peyote buttons before you go to sleep? :)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/164/7/b/Purple_Monkey_for_Aida_by_traumtaenzer.jpg

Don't judge me bro...don't judge. :lol:

insanesteelersfan
05-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Damn,,that girl has a nice Butt :Boobs Too bad she's in Raven Purple :ratsuck

Lebsteel
05-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Oy vey!! Look what my dream revelation thread has turned into! :oops:

RuthlessBurgher
05-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Damn,,that girl has a nice Butt :Boobs Too bad she's in Raven Purple :ratsuck

Too bad it's a pixelated cartoon as well. :lol:

Lebsteel
05-02-2011, 04:17 PM
OK, forget the purple monkeys and the cartoon's butt....anyone have an opinion on the 53-man roster? I doubt we get Asomugha, but who can we get if Ike walks? Will all the rookies make the roster? Who will and who won't? Fire away...

Shawn
05-02-2011, 05:24 PM
OK, forget the purple monkeys and the cartoon's butt....anyone have an opinion on the 53-man roster? I doubt we get Asomugha, but who can we get if Ike walks? Will all the rookies make the roster? Who will and who won't? Fire away...

I have no opinion on our roster, but I am an expert in the area of purple monkeys. :D

Kidding, sorry to derail your thread with my attempts at humor. I think the Poz would be a great addition if he could stay healthy and be brought on for a reasonable price.

I would love the signing of Aso, but don't see him signing for anything less than what Ben makes...and I wouldn't be cool paying a DB that kind of money.

Chadman
05-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Crap...typical...Lebsteel dreams of being the Steelers GM & gets the gig- Chadman dreams of a night with Jennifer Hawkins & wakes up...and realises he has to go to work.

Some people get all the luck...

Lebsteel
05-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Crap...typical...Lebsteel dreams of being the Steelers GM & gets the gig- Chadman dreams of a night with Jennifer Hawkins & wakes up...and realises he has to go to work.

Some people get all the luck...

Well...Jennifer Hawkins dreams, despite waking up, is probably better than Shawn's purple monkey dreams!