PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan says Jets would have beaten Packers in Super Bowl

hawaiiansteel
05-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Rex Ryan says Jets would have beaten Packers in Super Bowl XLV

Posted by Mike Florio on April 30, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/rexryanapril29ap-e1304180215488.jpg?w=226

To little surprise, Jets coach Rex Ryan’s gift of gab translates well to the written word.

In his new book, Play Like You Mean It: Passion, Laughs and Leadership in the World’s Most Beautiful Game, Ryan applies a twist to his habit of predicting that the Jets will win any and every future Super Bowl by declaring that, if the Jets had advanced to Super Bowl XLV, they would have emerged victorious.

“I thought Green Bay was to going to have the upper hand on Pittsburgh,” Ryan writes, via Bob Wolfley of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Their passing attack was giving everyone problems. But I truly believe we would have beaten Green Bay. We only lost to them 9-0 during the season, and we gave them two of the field goals because of mistakes.”

We’re starting to wonder why the NFL even bothers to play the games. Just declare the Jets to be the champions of all past and future Super Bowls and be done with it.

Actually, given the manner in which the 2011 offseason has unfolded, that might not be a bad approach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -bowl-xlv/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/30/rex-ryan-says-jets-would-have-beaten-packers-in-super-bowl-xlv/)

SteelCrazy
05-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Ryan says a lot of crap about the Jets, but it never comes to pass.

focosteeler
05-01-2011, 05:58 PM
i hope they go 0 -16 this year i hate that man

Shoe
05-01-2011, 07:35 PM
"Rex Ryan says Jets would have beaten Packers in Super Bowl"

Who cares fatass? You guys weren't good enough to get there!

steelblood
05-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Their secondary would have matched up well with the Packers. That is for certain. But they had little pass rush, and their offense was only average.

pfelix73
05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Yea but..... We should have beaten the GB PAckers as well. They ain't all that. We were running all over them as the game went on, and if it weren't for a few mistakes-fumble comes to mind- we should've taken #7. We just played a bad game. Ben had every chance to win it at the end.

Ryan is a cry baby. wa wa wa

:tt1

D Rock
05-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Did Ryan really say 'they only beat us 9-0"?????

Yes, they ONLY shut you out...when they weren't playing at the top of their game. How do you expect to beat them in the Super Bowl, when they are the hottest team in the league, if you can't even score on them when they have recently lost to the likes of Washington and Miami?

I hate Rex Ryan.

Sugar
05-01-2011, 10:41 PM
The Packers D would have eaten Sanchez lunch. While I do have respect for the Jets' DB's, the Pack also had enough weapons that Rogers would have found the hot hand and beaten them as well. I feel safe in saying that even in losing the Steelers did better than the Jet's could have realistically hoped to.

NJ-STEELER
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Fat toes has lost in the last 3 AFCCs

2 of them to us

Mister Pittsburgh
05-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Rex Ryan and Harbaugh are clowns. According to Harbaugh the Ravens were the better team every time they play us (and lose) and Rex Ryan is a world champ in his own mind.

Northern_Blitz
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
i hope they go 0 -16 this year i hate that man

I hope 2-14 (I still hate the *s more). Rex is all talk...after a couple more failures people will just get tired of it.

pfelix73
05-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I hope we play them again in the AFCC game only to lose to us again!

:tt1

fezziwig
05-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I realize the fans and players saying off the wall stuff at times but head coaches should have more brains and or class than what fat Rex does. The guy is not a true leader.

D Rock
05-02-2011, 09:04 PM
He likes to write checks that his players can't cash. Soon enough they will get sick of him talking them up as they continue to fail. Then they will turn on him. It will be fun to watch it all unfold.

fezziwig
05-02-2011, 09:31 PM
He likes to write checks that his players can't cash. Soon enough they will get sick of him talking them up as they continue to fail. Then they will turn on him. It will be fun to watch it all unfold.

:tt1 :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :tt1

sentinel33
05-03-2011, 01:08 AM
I've been sick of this guy for a while. But I am looking forward to the mutiny.

To quote another douche bag of Ryans-can't wait(is this copyright infringement???)

couple of tools.

RuthlessBurgher
05-06-2011, 12:13 PM
The Jets lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game because the Steelers employed a linebacker with the last name Foote. That distracted Rex for the entire game, and therefore, the Jets lost. However, Green Bay does not have anyone named Foote. Therefore, Ryan would not have been distracted, and they would have won the Super Bowl.

Steelers coaches are legends.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_b_bo86tWptk/TVAVZaitSQI/AAAAAAAAAvo/PlTKfZQBudo/s1600/SuperSteelers6.jpg

Jets coach loves leg ends.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/how-to-care-for-your-feet.jpg