PDA

View Full Version : 4 Man Pass Rush

flippy
04-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Does Heyward give us a 4 man line of Smitty, Ziggy, Keisel, and Heyward that can generate pressure with 4 guys?

Really that's our biggest issue on 3rd down against passing offenses. We need to get to the QB with 4 guys.

BURGH86STEEL
04-30-2011, 02:28 PM
No, the LB's are the best pass rushers in the Steelers defense.

NJ-STEELER
04-30-2011, 02:32 PM
do you want harrison and woodley to drop into coverage or be taken off the field?

Dee Dub
04-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Does Heyward give us a 4 man line of Smitty, Ziggy, Keisel, and Heyward that can generate pressure with 4 guys?

Really that's our biggest issue on 3rd down against passing offenses. We need to get to the QB with 4 guys.

Well maybe you will see some variations of this occassionally but you need to omit Smitty and insert LaMarr. There are currently situations now where the Steelers dropped LaMar down in a three point. He did a lot of that at Michigan. And I think Smitty has seen his better days.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-30-2011, 02:36 PM

Well maybe you will see some variations of this occassionally but you need to omit Smitty and insert LaMarr. There are currently situations now where the Steelers dropped LaMar down in a three point. He did a lot of that at Michigan. And I think Smitty has seen his better days.

I think the drafting of Heyward probably means Smitty and his $6 million salary are GONE.

NJ-STEELER
04-30-2011, 03:43 PM
dont think thats the FO's way of doing business. he's done too much over the years for the organization

on another team, i think he would be gone

RuthlessBurgher
04-30-2011, 04:33 PM
I like the old guard Smith-Hampton-Keisel in a standard 3 man front. Then take them off the field in passing downs to keep all these guys in their mid-30's fresh. Do the same thing with Farrior on the field on early downs, but take him off in nickel/dime to keep him fresh.

When teams try to spread us out with multiple WR's, I like Woodley-Hood-Heyward-Worilds as the 4 down lineman in the nickel package, moving Harrison to the inside at that point next to Timmons (Greg Lloyd and Joey Porter played inside on passing downs once upon a time). I also think that Sly could contribute as an ILB on passing downs later in the season we are worried about over-using the aging Deebo.

Point is, that the presence of all these young bucks can make it so that we do not need to overwork our vets, which can potentially keep everyone fresher longer.

flippy
04-30-2011, 04:40 PM
I like the old guard Smith-Hampton-Keisel in a standard 3 man front. Then take them off the field in passing downs to keep all these guys in their mid-30's fresh. Do the same thing with Farrior on the field on early downs, but take him off in nickel/dime to keep him fresh.

When teams try to spread us out with multiple WR's, I like Woodley-Hood-Heyward-Worilds as the 4 down lineman in the nickel package, moving Harrison to the inside at that point next to Timmons (Greg Lloyd and Joey Porter played inside on passing downs once upon a time). I also think that Sly could contribute as an ILB on passing downs later in the season we are worried about over-using the aging Deebo.

Point is, that the presence of all these young bucks can make it so that we do not need to overwork our vets, which can potentially keep everyone fresher longer.

swap out Worldis for Carter in your scenario and I think you could generate a monster push with 4 guys.