PDA

View Full Version : NFL Lock Out back in place

Oviedo
04-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Players may have felt good about being up 2-0 but the owners just got a 2 run homer. The score is tied again.

Appeal judges just reinstated the lockout as I thought they would. Appeals courts tend to be much more conservative in their views toward business litigation than the liberal judge from Minnesota was. Time to get back to talking. Pressure will start to ramp up on the players again as time moves on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6451701

Sugar
04-30-2011, 12:25 PM
The players had to know that it was too good to last for too long. It's still a long way to go in what is looking more and more like the NFL's summer of discontent.

It's funny, because while I view unions as an anachronism in general, I'm kind of pulling for the players in this instance. There was the small voice of hope that maybe the NFL monopoly would be brought to heel. Oh well...

feltdizz
04-30-2011, 02:00 PM
The players had to know that it was too good to last for too long. It's still a long way to go in what is looking more and more like the NFL's summer of discontent.

It's funny, because while I view unions as an anachronism in general, I'm kind of pulling for the players in this instance. There was the small voice of hope that maybe the NFL monopoly would be brought to heel. Oh well...
Owners won this round but they are losing in the PR dept. Besides Ovie and the 32 owners I don't know too many people happy with this move. :D

you have a draft, the fans boo the commish relentlessly and scream we want football and a day pater they lock the players out again after conveniently getting the playbooks in their hands. It's a shrewd move and I'm curious to see how it plays out.

Oviedo
04-30-2011, 02:12 PM

Owners won this round but they are losing in the PR dept. Besides Ovie and the 32 owners I don't know too many people happy with this move. :D

you have a draft, the fans boo the commish relentlessly and scream we want football and a day pater they lock the players out again after conveniently getting the playbooks in their hands. It's a shrewd move and I'm curious to see how it plays out.

Actually anyone who doesn't want the NFL to become MLB and the Steelers to become the Pirates should applaud this. Owners of businesses should have the ability to determine how they run their businesses.

Who do you labor lovers think have the long term interests of the NFL in their minds? The owners? The players and their phony union? If you really are a football fan and not a player wish I could be the answer is pretty simple.

feltdizz
04-30-2011, 03:17 PM

Actually anyone who doesn't want the NFL to become MLB and the Steelers to become the Pirates should applaud this. Owners of businesses should have the ability to determine how they run their businesses.

Who do you labor lovers think have the long term interests of the NFL in their minds? The owners? The players and their phony union? If you really are a football fan and not a player wish I could be the answer is pretty simple.

Jerry Jones was fined for saying he didn't want to do revenue sharing anymore in 2009.
Do you really think Kraft, Jones and Snyder have the NFL's best interest at heart? These guys want to keep all the money they make. Owners have their individual interest at heart.

There is a reason Rooney went on record saying he didn't want 18 games because he was already making a nice amount of money.

I think you need to step back and realize owners want to maximize their own teams profits more than the NFL as a whole.