PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Rest...

steelblood
04-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Here is my draft board at this point.

I've eliminated 3-4 DEs as our cupboard is full.

In the fourth, I like

1. Tawain Jones RB E. Wash
2. Brandon Burton CB Utah
3. Marcus Cannon OG TCU (his cancer is very treatable and I'm pulling for him)
4. Davon House CB N Mexico
5. Rashad Carmichael CB Va Tech
6. Chris Carter OLB Fresno St
7. Quinton Carter FS Oklahoma
8. Sam Acho OLB Texas
9. Kendall Hunter RB Ok St
10. D. J. Williams TE Arkansas

In the fifth, I like

1. Cortez Allen CB Citadel
2. Richard Sherman CB Stanford
3. Colin McCarthy ILB Miami
4. Shiloh Keo SS Idaho
5. Niles Paul WR Nebraska
6. Jeremy Kerley WR TCU
7. Ian Williams NT Notre Dame
8. Casey Matthews ILB Oregon
9. Deunta Williams FS N Carolina
10. Jerrell Powe NT Mississippi
11. Clint Boling OL Georgia

In the sixth or seventh, I like

1. Virgil Green TE Nevada
2. Weslye Saunders TE S Carolina
3. Tyrod Taylor Wildcat QB/WR Va Tech
4. Josh Portis QB Cal-Pa
5. Stephen Burton WR West Texas A&M
6. Kendric Burney Nickel Corner N Carolina
7. Buster Skrine Nickel Corner Chatanooga
8. Tandon Doss WR Indiana
9. Jalil Brown CB/S Colorado
10. David Mims OT Va Union
11. Denarius Moore WR Tennessee

Who do you like?

MaxAMillion
04-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I want Edmond Gates...I believe he visited the Steelers. He suffered an injury during senior bowl week which keeps his draft value down because he is from a small school. I believe this guy can be Mike Wallace part 2 if he works at it. Gates has comparable speed to Wallace and will most likely get drafted in round 4.

Another late round WR to consider is Ricardo Lockette. He has a great combination of size and speed. I was watching the Parcells draft special earlier this week and when he was asked about a sleeper to look out for he mentioned Lockette. Lockette can probably be had in the 6th or 7th round because he also comes from a small school.

insanesteelersfan
04-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Steelers could go BPA...but we still need a couple of areas addressed. One is probably a TE. But that will likely either be a 7th round guy like Lee from Marshall maybe. Or a 7th/FA like Saunders. I still would like a PURE OG, and the kid Hurd is probably the best, but we will likely not have a chance at him in the Late 4th. I personally LOVE the OT Hairston from Clemson. Can't believe these so-called experts have him rated so low. Like I said, in my mind, he is a better chance to succeed then Sherrod does. WR is gonna be addressed tomorrow. And since two of the three we brought in are now gone, that might mean the Tennessee kid Denarius Moore might be our guy. But, if they want height, Terrence Toliver is a good 5th round target. I also think we need a change of pace 3rd down RB. Some here are pimping Tiawan Jones in round 2 ( Ridiculous )...but I think Derrick Locke of Kentucky is a better, and more accomplished RB who fits the bill. Of course they might just pass, and look to sign a undrafted one later on. Of course many fans want to see us get a K, and face it, Henery is the cream of the crop. And we still need to address the NT spot. Powe is still available. But again, Character concerns, and his effort on the field at times has been questioned. Kearse is a late round possibility, but he ain't contributing anytime soon even IF he stuck.

All in all, we did address 3 major issues with 3 kids from Big Time programs. And as my dad says, if your gonna swing and miss....swing and miss BIG!! :lol:

Chadman
04-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Wouldn't be against Luke Stocker at the end of the 4th...

Do like Quinton Carter too. And Rashard Carmicheal.

insanesteelersfan
04-30-2011, 12:48 AM
This local product also wouldn't upset me......

Jason Pinkston
SI Grade
Grading System
Position: T
Class: 5Sr
School: Pittsburgh
Conference: Big East
HT: 6-3.5
WT: 317
40 Time: 5.39
Biography: Three-year starter at left tackle awarded all-Conference honors the past two years.

Positives: "Solid pass protector who blocks with solid fundamentals. Bends his knees, plays with good pad level, and keeps his feet moving. Gets leverage on opponents, quick with his hands, and effectively uses them throughout the action. Immediately gets off the snap into blocks, is resilient, and stays with the action. Stays square and effectively uses body positioning to seal defenders from the action. Flashes ability in motion, getting out to the second level and removing linebackers."

Negatives: "Overextends into blocks, which adversely affects his balance. Lacks dominant strength and really does not get much movement at the point of attack. Struggles against power edge rushers."

Analysis: "Pinkston has been a productive blind side protector for Pittsburgh since his sophomore season and has enough skill to play the left tackle position in the NFL. He may move into guard based on his size, but he offers the ability to play in a conventional offense or in a zone blocking system."

Projection: 4th

PSU_dropout43
04-30-2011, 01:17 AM
DL
Christian Ballard
Greg Romeus
Pierre Allen
Lawrence Guy
Jerrell Powe
Corbin Bryant

LB
Sam Acho
Quan Sturdivant
Mario Harvey

CB
Chimdi Chekwa
Rashad Carmichael
Davon House
Jalil Brown
Deunta Williams
Buster Skrine
Cortez Allen
Brandon Burton
Richard Sherman

S
Deandre McDaniel
Robert Sands
Chris Prosinski

WR
Edmond Gates
Terrence Toliver
Denarius Moore
Niles Paul
Tandon Doss
Andre Holmes
Jeffrey Maehl

TE
Luke Stocker
Jordan Cameron
Virgil Green
DJ Williams
Weslye Saunders

RB
Kendall Hunter
Delone Carter
Da'Rel Scott
Johnny White
Derrick Locke
Stanley Havili
Noel Devine

OL
Clint Boling
Marcus Cannon
Jason Pinkston
David Mims

P
Chas Henry

hawaiiansteel
04-30-2011, 01:19 AM
DL
Christian Ballard
Greg Romeus
Pierre Allen
Lawrence Guy
Jerrell Powe

LB
Sam Acho
Quan Sturdivant

CB
Chimdi Chekwa
Rashad Carmichael
Davon House
Jalil Brown
Deunta Williams
Buster Skrine
Cortez Allen
Brandon Burton
Richard Sherman

S
Deandre McDaniel
Robert Sands
Chris Poshinski

WR
Edmond Gates
Terrence Toliver
Denarius Moore
Niles Paul
Tandon Doss
Andre Holmes
Jeffrey Maehl

TE
Luke Stocker
Jordan Cameron
Virgil Green
DJ Williams
Weslye Saunders

RB
Kendall Hunter
Delone Carter
Da'Rel Scott
Johnny White
Derrick Locke
Stanley Havili
Noel Devine

OL
Clint Boling
Marcus Cannon
Jason Pinkston

P
Chas Henry

good list... :Cheers

Chadman
04-30-2011, 01:20 AM
Jordan Cameron might actually be an interesting player- not a 'classic' TE, could he almost be used as a split-end possession reciever type, and somewhat replace Ward's numbers in time? Particularly if Arians is still playing 2 TE sets...

hawaiiansteel
04-30-2011, 01:37 AM
since 2 out of the 3 guys we've drafted so far came in for an official visit, I'll pick from the list of 30 guys who visited the Steelers:

Rounds 4/5:

Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington, 6'1 205 lbs
Buster Skrine, CB, UTC, 5'10 185 lbs
Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian, 6'0 192 lbs
Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee 6'0 194 lbs
Marcus Cannon, OT TCU
Julius Thomas, TE, Portland State 6'5 246 lbs
Jarriel King, OT, South Carolina, 6'5 324 lbs
Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel, 6'1 197 lbs
Da'rel Scott, RB, Maryland, 5'11 211

Rounds 6/7:

Mario Harvey, LB, Marshall 5'11 250 lbs
Keith Williams, G,Nebraska
Weslye Saunders,TE, South Carolina
Zach Clayton, DL, Auburn, 6'2 299 lbs
Frank Kearse, NT, Alabama A&M 6'4 315 lbs
Anthony Gray, DE, Southern Miss 5'11 330 lbs

insanesteelersfan
04-30-2011, 01:51 AM
I saw back when he had his own workout that both Tomlin and the WR coach was at Tandon Doss's workout. Doss is definitely the best remaing WR. He is electric out on the field/ Super fast, and productive. But I DOUBT he falls to us. Played this season with a groin injury, and his average times were efeected by it. He's a 4.3 guy for sure. Anyone who has seen him play in 2009 knows this.

hawaiiansteel
04-30-2011, 02:08 AM
I saw back when he had his own workout that both Tomlin and the WR coach was at Tandon Doss's workout. Doss is definitely the best remaing WR. He is electric out on the field/ Super fast, and productive. But I DOUBT he falls to us. Played this season with a groin injury, and his average times were efeected by it. He's a 4.3 guy for sure. Anyone who has seen him play in 2009 knows this.

I wouldn't mind Tandon Doss, Edmund Gates or Denarius Moore in Round 4.

Lebsteel
04-30-2011, 09:34 AM
We still need a future NT and the best remaining prospect is Ian Williams (4.8 rating per NFL.com). Another CB would be good, so I still like Chekwa or Burton.

I still hope Sweed can come back, so I think next year we have Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and Sweed. Randle El and Battle are gone to save $$$.

Our OL with Starks, Kemo (ugh), Pouncey, Foster, and Adams (Scott or Gilbert) looks good, but Cannon is a beast and I pray he regains his health, so he would certainly be worth a shot in Rd. 4 IF we want to look for a LG replacement, but I really think we have enough on the OL.

We do need to get younger at Safety, so I think we will look there as well. I like Deunta Williams, so he is another Rd. 4/5 candidate.

I'd be very happy if we go CB, NT, S, RB in any order according to BPA.

grotonsteel
04-30-2011, 09:42 AM

I wouldn't mind Tandon Doss, Edmund Gates or Denarius Moore in Round 4.

I would not mind Tandon Doss especially in 5th-6th Rd. He is quick.

steelblood
04-30-2011, 09:42 AM
We still need a future NT and the best remaining prospect is Ian Williams (4.8 rating per NFL.com). Another CB would be good, so I still like Chekwa or Burton.

I still hope Sweed can come back, so I think next year we have Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and Sweed. Randle El and Battle are gone to save $$$.

Our OL with Starks, Kemo (ugh), Pouncey, Foster, and Adams (Scott or Gilbert) looks good, but Cannon is a beast and I pray he regains his health, so he would certainly be worth a shot in Rd. 4 IF we want to look for a LG replacement, but I really think we have enough on the OL.

We do need to get younger at Safety, so I think we will look there as well. I like Deunta Williams, so he is another Rd. 4/5 candidate.

nice mock draft in your sig. :Clap

steelblood
04-30-2011, 09:43 AM

nice mock draft in your sig. :Clap

D Rock
04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
I'd be plenty happy taking Marcus Cannon and letting him go on the PUP list for the year if he needs to.

Come next year after having time to study all year, he will replace Kemo at LG.

flippy
04-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Someone has to take a chance on Cannon. He's way to talented to pass up.

Shawn
04-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Guys I really want?

1) Taiwan Jones
2) DJ Johnson
3) Chimdi Chekwa

In no particular order

Chekwa is a tremendous value in the 4th, actually all these guys are.

I believe DJ could be our next Hines Ward. Possession receiver type but who can also line up in the backfield and play TE.

Taiwan, if the guy can sure up the ball at the next level he could turn out to be the best RB in this draft. He is the most explosive RB in this draft hands down.

RuthlessBurgher
05-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Jordan Cameron might actually be an interesting player- not a 'classic' TE, could he almost be used as a split-end possession reciever type, and somewhat replace Ward's numbers in time? Particularly if Arians is still playing 2 TE sets...

Cleveland ended up drafting Jordan Cameron. Did you see that when Cal DE Cameron Jordan was down in New Orleans after being drafted by the Saints in round 1, the Browns called to get some biographical information from him. He told them that he had already been drafted by New Orleans, and they should probably call USC TE Jordan Cameron instead.

:lol: :brownssuck