PDA

View Full Version : My second round strategy!!!

Prowler
04-29-2011, 05:18 PM
I loved our first pick as Heyward was my second choice for round one. In round two, my rankings would be based on the best player available scenario. My ratings would be:

1. Titus Young - WR - Boise St.
2. Quinton Carter - S - Oklahoma
3. Christian Ballard - DE - Iowa
4. Daniel Thomas - RB - Kansas St.
5. Stefan Wisniewski - G - Penn St.
6. Brandon Burton - CB - Utah
7. James Brewer - OT - Indiana
8. Marcus Gilbert - OT - Florida

Titus Young please!!!! :Clap

insanesteelersfan
04-29-2011, 05:25 PM
I loved our first pick as Heyward was my second choice for round one. In round two, my rankings would be based on the best player available scenario. My ratings would be:

You're entitled to your opinion but Titus Young is an overrated player, and has been going down the boards value wise by league GM's. Ballard....did you see that the dude failed his drug test at Indy ?...sorry, stupid people don't Impress me. Brewer is a good pass protecting T. But he has constant Ankle and foot problems. His very thin lower half is the reason why. He's a IR player just waiting to happen. I like Gilbert's Character. But his on the field production is nothing more then a 4th round prospect to me.

Dee Dub
04-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I like Titus Young ( he is a Southern Cal boy who I know first hand of), but I dont think he is worthy of a second pick. He can be had in round 3 or even possibly an early 4th.

Christian Ballard? the one who failed a drug test? No thanks.

I would be shocked if Wisniewski lasted beyond late second mid 3rd round.

Prowler
04-29-2011, 05:37 PM

You're entitled to your opinion but Titus Young is an overrated player, and has been going down the boards value wise by league GM's. Ballard....did you see that the dude failed his drug test at Indy ?...sorry, stupid people don't Impress me. Brewer is a good pass protecting T. But he has constant Ankle and foot problems. His very thin lower half is the reason why. He's a IR player just waiting to happen. I like Gilbert's Character. But his on the field production is nothing more then a 4th round prospect to me.

I appreciate you for being respectful to me. In my view Titus Young is the best player in the draft. Call me crazy, call me whatever you like but I have absolutely loved watching Young at Boise State. I watched every single game of that team that I could last season. Same with Ohio State, Iowa and the other big ten teams and big 12 teams. That would be the reason why I favor those teams over the other athletic conferences.

StarSpangledSteeler
04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
looking at that list you posted, i would either trade up or trade down. just my opinion.

insanesteelersfan
04-29-2011, 05:51 PM

I appreciate you for being respectful to me. In my view Titus Young is the best player in the draft. Call me crazy, call me whatever you like but I have absolutely loved watching Young at Boise State. I watched every single game of that team that I could last season. Same with Ohio State, Iowa and the other big ten teams and big 12 teams. That would be the reason why I favor those teams over the other athletic conferences.

Titus played in a Gimmick offense. Kinda like our guy Emmanuel Sanders did at SMU. The MAIN difference is that while at the Combine, Sanders was praised for his route running, and toughness given that many questioned his size, or lack thereof. Now Sanders is an inch shorter then Titus Young is, but yet Sanders weighed 13 Lbs more. Titus at about 6ft, but barely 174 Lbs IS a problem sir. As is his total lack of functional strength. Sanders did 13 Reps last year at Indy. As where Titus wasn't able to complete ONE single Rep at 225 Lbs,,,,not one. Add in the fact that Titus had a very average 10 Yd time at 1.58, and this being a super small WR shows Titus lacks the burst needed by a smaller slot WR. Sanders ran his 10 Yd sprint in 1.42...very fast, in fact the fastest of any WR last year. And faster then Mike Wallace. Add all these things together and you can see why even though productive in his college teams Gimmick offense.....it won't translate on to the Pro ranks.

That is why I don't like him.

Prowler
04-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I like Titus Young ( he is a Southern Cal boy who I know first hand of), but I dont think he is worthy of a second pick. He can be had in round 3 or even possibly an early 4th.

Allegedly failed a drug test? WE don't for sure because these tests are kept confidential. It could be possible that a team is behind this rumor so that Ballard will fall to them. In any event, those are my rankings based on the known info I have on a player. Obviously teams would have more info and would do their due diligence on Ballard in this case.

I would be shocked if Titus Young is not picked within the first 10 picks of the second round. My feeling is a team will be getting the next DeSean Jackson when they select Titus Young!!

I agree with you 100% on Wisniewski.

Dee Dub
04-29-2011, 05:58 PM
What I like about Titus Young is he comes from a great, hard working, good character family, who puts God first. I know this…whatever team gets Titus they will get a guy who will out work everyone on the team. There may be better receivers in this draft but Titus will work hard and will make himself a viable receiver in the NFL. Kind of like how Hines Ward came into the NFL.

Dee Dub
04-29-2011, 06:00 PM

Allegedly failed a drug test? WE don't for sure because these tests are kept confidential. It could be possible that a team is behind this rumor so that Ballard will fall to them. In any event, those are my rankings based on the known info I have on a player. Obviously teams would have more info and would do their due diligence on Ballard in this case.

I would be shocked if Titus Young is not picked within the first 10 picks of the second round. My feeling is a team will be getting the next DeSean Jackson when they select Titus Young!!

I agree with you 100% on Wisniewski.

I am pretty sure it was the NFL who released the failed drug test from the combine on both Ballard and LB Justin Houston.

Prowler
04-29-2011, 06:06 PM

Titus played in a Gimmick offense. Kinda like our guy Emmanuel Sanders did at SMU. The MAIN difference is that while at the Combine, Sanders was praised for his route running, and toughness given that many questioned his size, or lack thereof. Now Sanders is an inch shorter then Titus Young is, but yet Sanders weighed 13 Lbs more. Titus at about 6ft, but barely 174 Lbs IS a problem sir. As is his total lack of functional strength. Sanders did 13 Reps last year at Indy. As where Titus wasn't able to complete ONE single Rep at 225 Lbs,,,,not one. Add in the fact that Titus had a very average 10 Yd time at 1.58, and this being a super small WR shows Titus lacks the burst needed by a smaller slot WR. Sanders ran his 10 Yd sprint in 1.42...very fast, in fact the fastest of any WR last year. And faster then Mike Wallace. Add all these things together and you can see why even though productive in his college teams Gimmick offense.....it won't translate on to the Pro ranks.

That is why I don't like him.

I don't base my evaluations on the combine. I base my evaluations only on the game tape that I watch. There have been many workout warriors over the years who have been complete busts in the NFL, many many of them. Go back to the tape, when in doubt.

As for Boise being a gimmick offense, nothing could be further from the truth. Boise was one of the most balanced offenses in the nation and was probably the best team in the nation minus the second half of the Nevada game.

Prowler
04-29-2011, 06:10 PM
What I like about Titus Young is he comes from a great, hard working, good character family, who puts God first. I know this…whatever team gets Titus they will get a guy who will out work everyone on the team. There may be better receivers in this draft but Titus will work hard and will make himself a viable receiver in the NFL. Kind of like how Hines Ward came into the NFL.

Good comparison. Hines Ward is my favorite player of all time. Probably why I like Young so much I guess.

RuthlessBurgher
04-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Titus Young will be lining up opposite Calvin Johnson in Detroit next year.

Prowler
04-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Titus Young will be lining up opposite Calvin Johnson in Detroit next year.

That sucks. Last year they picked one of my favorites in Jahvid Best, now this year............. :cry: