PDA

View Full Version : A simple Day 2 draft strategy

steelblood
04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
My Day two draft strategy...

We have two picks. Here is the priority list...

1. Improve the Pass Defense. This can be done in a number of ways. The most direct route to pick a corner who could start by the end of the season. But, that is a tall order. A more reasonable course of action would be to pick a corner or a ballhawking free saftey (like Rahim Moore) who can see the field as a nickel and dime CB (this position is key in competing with teams like NE, Indy, NO, GB, etc.).

2. Add a playmaker to the offense. Titus Young, Leshoure, Greg Little, Ryan Williams, Kendricks, etc.

3. Improve athleticism and depth of offensive line. Our guards are below average at best. We need some depth at tackle and perhaps a RT of the future. I don't love the quality here, but there are a few guys that could be interesting like Ijalana and Rackley.

4. NT of the future (Casey's replacement)

5. ILB of the future (farrior's replacment) This could be more of two down linebacker if we see Timmons as the nickel backer of the future.

I would approach the day looking to fill 2 of those areas in that order of importance.

grotonsteel
04-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I hope they don't draft a TE in Rd 2. I have a feeling they will go after a TE in Rd 2

I hope they draft either a OG/OT/DB in Rd 2