PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Talk about the 1st round thread.

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Greetings fellow steeler fans. I thought I would start a general thread for us to talk about the draft. BTW, as I write this Cleveland has just trade their 6th overall pick. And it looks like Atlanta offered up the kitchen sink to get Julio Jones ???? I mean the kid is alright. But for all that ?

D Rock
04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
thats 5 players in the top 4 rounds for 1 guy. I know Atlanta has a good young team, but really?

That's a move that could work if they win a Super Bowl, but sink them if they don't.

mshifko
04-28-2011, 08:40 PM
he's going to be good, but just goes to show the browns are still the browns...they'll do nothing with those picks, i'm glad we don't have to worry about two good young receivers in the division, we'll handle aj green, but he and julio would have been a little bit worrisome...

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
I knew all the Gabbert to SF stuff was garbage. This is kinda good news cause now it opens up a possible trade down with the Niners at 31, so they can get a QB later on. So keep your fingers crossed fans. :tt1

Iron Shiek
04-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Is Ditka the Falcons GM? WTF!

buckeyehoppy
04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Is Ditka the Falcons GM? WTF!

LOL!!! Who cares? The Clowns will squander the picks they got. And if the labor dispute lasts past next year's draft, The Clowns are f#%ed.

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2011, 09:39 PM
he's going to be good, but just goes to show the browns are still the browns...they'll do nothing with those picks, i'm glad we don't have to worry about two good young receivers in the division, we'll handle aj green, but he and julio would have been a little bit worrisome...

luck to the browns??

start the clock

buckeyehoppy
04-28-2011, 09:58 PM
If we stand pat, the closer we get to 31, the greater the chance we get something we need anyway. A lot of reaches, so far.

birtikidis
04-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Ha thought the browns really made out in that trade.
about crapped myself when Ponder and Locker went so high.
Was really disappointed that Pouncey didn't slide a little bit. Really thought Miami would go with a need there.

Oviedo
04-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Was really disappointed that Pouncey didn't slide a little bit. Really thought Miami would go with a need there.

I'm glad Pouncey II went to Miami. The focus can now be on what we really need. Mimai spent more to get the lesser Pouncey. Easy to see why they are just a mediocre team and will remain so.

birtikidis
04-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Ovi you would be. Your track record.. not so good.

Sugar
04-28-2011, 10:49 PM

I'm glad Pouncey II went to Miami. The focus can now be on what we really need. Mimai spent more to get the lesser Pouncey. Easy to see why they are just a mediocre team and will remain so.

:Agree

Of course, he won his bet with Maurkice now that he would go earlier than 18th.