PDA

View Full Version : DRAFT DAY NEWS.... ETC.

pfelix73
04-28-2011, 11:19 AM
I have the luxury of being off work today and already have NFL Network on, so I'm getting some info on the draft.....

It was just reported that the Steelers will try to move up aggresively into the teens IF Mike Pouncey is NOT taken by Maimi at 15........Interesting.....

:tt1

Other news- Teams are thinking the league might be going off of 2010 rules and now there are some teams in the top 5 trying to move out and some like the Falcons trying to move up.......

As I hear it, I'll put it on here....

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 11:25 AM
I have the luxury of being off work today and already have NFL Network on, so I'm getting some info on the draft.....

It was just reported that the Steelers will try to move up aggresively into the teens IF Mike Pouncey is NOT taken by Maimi at 15........Interesting.....

Other news- Teams are thinking the league might be going off of 2010 rules and now there are some teams in the top 5 trying to move out and some like the Falcons trying to move up.......

That;s old news my friend. And it's also Bogus news. Already flat out denied by both Colbert and Tomlin. That report was from Jason La Confora, and it was just " speculation "
from him.

pfelix73
04-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Cool.

I hope you are right.

costanza2k1
04-28-2011, 11:42 AM

That;s old news my friend. And it's also Bogus news. Already flat out denied by both Colbert and Tomlin. That report was from Jason La Confora, and it was just " speculation "
from him.

Maybe it is maybe it isn't nobody tells the truth leading up to the draft for a variety of reasons.

papillon
04-28-2011, 11:45 AM
The majority of teams after Miami need tackles more than guards based on mock drafts and other sources of info. If Mike slips past Miami without getting taken the Steelers probably won't move up, he may fall far enough to only have to move a few spots to get him or he may slide to 1.31 (doubtful with all the hype, but possible).

I'm not sure if other teams would alter their draft for Pouncey. Is he really worth altering your draft over?

Pappy

Sugar
04-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Let's hope the whole "trade-up" thing is bogus. We got an O-line guy in the first last year. Let's give Ben a weapon or, better yet, a tool for LeBeau!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-28-2011, 12:13 PM

from him.

You have Tomlin & Colbert denying it? Jason La Confora has a league source and Ed Bouchette gave his opinion. I haven't heard Tomlin & Colbert deny it but if you have something I would appreciate the link.