PDA

View Full Version : Steeler fans, I want a answer to this draft question

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Okay fans. We have all discussed trade down scenarios right ? Well, I won't post the link yet, but trust me, the hot talk right now is that the Oakland Raiders are really interested
in the Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick. However, with no 1st rounder, and only a 2nd rounder at pick 48, will he be there ?...not likely. So my question is this. Since we all know Al Davis is the Ultimate River boat gambler. Would you guys, IF you were Colbert, agree to send our 31st pick to the Raiders for their 48th pick, and their 1st rounder in 2012 ?

I mean it's not like the Raiders haven't done this before right ? Okay so we don't get anymore picks in this trade for this draft. And I know we move down alot. But still. With alot of needs still to be addressed in the next couple of drafts, wouldn't it be nice to have 2, 1st rounders in 2012 ? Especially since there figures to be a NEW Rookie pay scale in the next agreed upon CBA, right ?

Oakland did finish decent last season. But that was with San Diego having a bad season, which I doubt they will this season. And Denver having some KEY players hurt the entire season. If a trade was done, we MIGHT...just might get lucky and end up with a top-10 pick next year, and our own 1st rounder as well.

So steeler fans, what would be your vote on such a deal ?

Thanks.

WoodleyofTroy
04-28-2011, 11:40 AM
*Yes. Even if the Raiders aren't a bottom 10 team, they'll still be picking well before #31 next year.

#48 may get you a Dowling.

*If Cameron Heyward is available, it would be a tough decision. If not for the rare 3-4 personnel in the first round this year, Heyward could be a top 15 pick / need (Tyson Jackson).

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 11:47 AM
*Yes. Even if the Raiders aren't a bottom 10 team, they'll still be picking well before #31 next year.

#48 may get you a Dowling.

*If Cameron Heyward is available, it would be a tough decision. If not for the rare 3-4 personnel in the first round this year, Heyward could be a top 15 pick / need (Tyson Jackson).

Yeah I would do it to. However, we'd all have to hope that Al Davis has REALLY gone senile. Cause value wise, they would be giving up ALOT more in that deal :lol: A more realistic deal would be our 31 for the Raiders 48th and 81st in round 3. But, if they are really in love with Kaepernick,,,,who knows, maybe they really over pay.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Okay fans. We have all discussed trade down scenarios right ? Well, I won't post the link yet, but trust me, the hot talk right now is that the Oakland Raiders are really interested
in the Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick. However, with no 1st rounder, and only a 2nd rounder at pick 48, will he be there ?...not likely. So my question is this. Since we all know Al Davis is the Ultimate River boat gambler. Would you guys, IF you were Colbert, agree to send our 31st pick to the Raiders for their 48th pick, and their 1st rounder in 2012 ?

I mean it's not like the Raiders haven't done this before right ? Okay so we don't get anymore picks in this trade for this draft. And I know we move down alot. But still. With alot of needs still to be addressed in the next couple of drafts, wouldn't it be nice to have 2, 1st rounders in 2012 ? Especially since there figures to be a NEW Rookie pay scale in the next agreed upon CBA, right ?

Oakland did finish decent last season. But that was with San Diego having a bad season, which I doubt they will this season. And Denver having some KEY players hurt the entire season. If a trade was done, we MIGHT...just might get lucky and end up with a top-10 pick next year, and our own 1st rounder as well.

So steeler fans, what would be your vote on such a deal ?

Thanks.
I would try to get a 4 out of them this year. But even if they didn't want to throw in a 4th I still would do it for their 2012 1st. Very interested in that deal.

Dee Dub
04-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes I do it in a heartbeat. And I take Ras-I Dowling at 48 this year and next year with the Raiders top 5 pick I take WR Alshon Jeffrey and then DE Jared Crick with our own first rounder.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Would you guys, IF you were Colbert, agree to send our 31st pick to the Raiders for their 48th pick, and their 1st rounder in 2012 ?

Let me take 3 milliseconds to decide here...YES!!!

grotonsteel
04-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Yes i will do it in a heartbeat and draft Ras-I-Dowling with that 48th pick.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Yes I do it in a heartbeat. And I take Ras-I Dowling at 48 this year and next year with the Raiders top 5 pick I take WR Alshon Jeffrey and then DE Jared Crick with our own first rounder.

Before you give a compete answer Dub we need to see your full 7 round 2012 mock. :lol:

That being said, without knowing who I draft in '12.....I still jump at it.

ramblinjim
04-28-2011, 02:23 PM
You can assume they'll have a top 20 pick next year, so I'd do it. I'd draft Dowling with 48 and see if House is there at 63.

steelblood
04-28-2011, 02:46 PM
absolutely. do it.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2011, 03:14 PM

Jeffrey's more physically imposing (6'4" 233 lbs as a college sophomore) and may make a better pro, but it is hard to argue with Justin Blackmon's 111 catches last year for nearly 1800 yards and 20 TD's. Dude had over 100 yards and at least 1 TD in every game that he played last season.

Another possibility if we had the Raiders' fist rounder next year could be Ryan Kalil's little brother, the LT at USC (the one who kept this year's top rated tackle Tyron Smith over on the right side).

papillon
04-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Regardless of who the Steelers would take next year, I would love if the Steelers could pull the trigger on that deal with old senile Al. He'd find the fastest guy left in this year's draft and over draft him, the Steelers could get a corner with a 2nd round grade in the 2nd round and probably at worst get a top 15 pick next year.

Done, where do the Steelers sign up?

Pappy