PDA

View Full Version : And here it is, Rick Gosselin's FINAL Mock draft!!

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 10:28 AM
And all I can say is Wow!! I thought Mel Kiper was looney for dropping Prince Amukamara to pick 20. But maybe he's not too looney. Cause Gosselin has him even further down. Anyways fans, here it is......

Rick Gosselin's Final Mock Draft

1)Carolina:Cam Newton
2)Denver:Von Miller
3)Buffalo:Marcell Darius
4)Cincinnati:AJ Green
5)Arizona:Patrick Peterson
6)Cleveland:Julio Jones
7)San Francisco:Blaine Gabbert
8)Tennessee:Jake Locker
9)Dallas:Tyron Smith
10)Washington:Christian Ponder
11)Houston:Alson Smith
12)Minnesota:Andy Dalton
13)Detroit)Nick Fairley
14)St.Louis:Mark Ingram
15)Miami:Mike Pouncey
16)Jacksonville:Ryan Kerrigan
17)New England:Cam Jordan
18)San Diego:Cory Liuget
19)Giants:Nate Solder
20)Tampa Bay:Robert Quinn
21)Kansas City:Gabe Carimi
22)Indy:Anthony Castonzo
23)Eagles:Jimmy Smith
24)New Orlaeans:Adrian Clayborn
25)Seattle:Prince Amikamara
26)Baltimore:JJ Watt
27)Atlanta:Phil Taylor
28)New England:Danny Watkins
29)Chicago:Marvin Austin
30)Jets:Derrick Sherrod
31)Pittsburgh:Cam Heyward
32)Packers:Aaron Williams

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-28-2011, 10:33 AM
And all I can say is Wow!! I thought Mel Kiper was looney for dropping Prince Amukamara to pick 20. But maybe he's not too looney. Cause Gosselin has him even further down. Anyways fans, here it is......

Rick Gosselin's Final Mock Draft

1)Carolina:Cam Newton
2)Denver:Von Miller
3)Buffalo:Marcell Darius
4)Cincinnati:AJ Green
5)Arizona:Patrick Peterson
6)Cleveland:Julio Jones
7)San Francisco:Blaine Gabbert
8)Tennessee:Jake Locker
9)Dallas:Tyron Smith
10)Washington:Christian Ponder
11)Houston:Alson Smith
12)Minnesota:Andy Dalton
13)Detroit)Nick Fairley
14)St.Louis:Mark Ingram
15)Miami:Mike Pouncey
16)Jacksonville:Ryan Kerrigan
17)New England:Cam Jordan
18)San Diego:Cory Liuget
19)Giants:Nate Solder
20)Tampa Bay:Robert Quinn
21)Kansas City:Gabe Carimi
22)Indy:Anthony Castonzo
23)Eagles:Jimmy Smith
24)New Orlaeans:Adrian Clayborn
25)Seattle:Prince Amikamara
26)Baltimore:JJ Watt
27)Atlanta:Phil Taylor
28)New England:Danny Watkins
29)Chicago:Marvin Austin
30)Jets:Derrick Sherrod
31)Pittsburgh:Cam Heyward
32)Packers:Aaron Williams

Just like I think their thought process will go. But I will tell you this, If Price drops that far...They better be looking to move up. I think many heard his interview on Sirius. He was aksed what he thought about the country and their problems by Pat Kirwan and his response was, "I really don't care or pay attention to what happens here." Something like that. I was stunned and so was Tim & Pat.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I'd trade our 3rd rounder to move up into the mid-20's for Prince Amukamara or J.J. Watt.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-28-2011, 10:38 AM
I'd trade our 3rd rounder to move up into the mid-20's for Prince Amukamara or J.J. Watt.

I'm with ya!

WoodleyofTroy
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
He dropped because he has 5 QB's going in the top 12.

Let's hope that happens. But I doubt it.

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Well the scarey thing is that Gosselin has ALOT of NFL insiders. And if he has Prince falling that far, especially further down then Jimmy Smith, who is nothing more then a Drug Crazed Gang Banger. Then I have to wonder what is up.

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I think the jets would tAke heywArd leaving us with Sherrod

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Well the scarey thing is that Gosselin has ALOT of NFL insiders. And if he has Prince falling that far, especially further down then Jimmy Smith, who is nothing more then a Drug Crazed Gang Banger. Then I have to wonder what is up.

Jimmy Smith over Prince Amukamara ?.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL | Jimmy Smith failed three drug tests
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 07:30:33 -0700

NFL teams are well aware that Colorado CB Jimmy Smith has failed three drug tests while at college, and he told at least one team that one of the three was for misusing codeine. Smith also told teams of his two alcohol-related violations, the pair of abortions that were paid for by parents of women he impregnated and an arrest for third-degree assault in a restaurant. "Two abortions, aggravated assault, two minors in possession, three failed drug tests ... that's a little excessive," said a league personnel man.

....Yeah, I can see why Gosselin thinks that :roll:

steelblood
04-28-2011, 10:55 AM
I would take Muhammed Wilkerson in that scenario.

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 10:58 AM

But you have Jimmy Smith # 1 in your sig ?...Jimmy Smith ? I guess you missed my above post huh ?

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2011, 12:13 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL teams are well aware that Colorado CB Jimmy Smith has failed three drug tests while at college, and he told at least one team that one of the three was for misusing codeine. Smith also told teams of his two alcohol-related violations, the pair of abortions that were paid for by parents of women he impregnated and an arrest for third-degree assault in a restaurant. "Two abortions, aggravated assault, two minors in possession, three failed drug tests ... that's a little excessive," said a league personnel man.

"That's a little excessive." Ya think? :lol:

grotonsteel
04-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Wow...i hope Steelers trade up and draft Sherrod if he is available till 30th pick.

grotonsteel
04-28-2011, 12:15 PM

Talent wise i think Jimmy Smith is the best CB in this draft. Now will he be able to keep himself clean in NFL ? I don't think so but as far as talent goes he is top notch. I hope Ravens don't draft him.

Whatever highlights i have seen of Prince A i am not impressed.

steelblood
04-28-2011, 12:26 PM

But you have Jimmy Smith # 1 in your sig ?...Jimmy Smith ? I guess you missed my above post huh ?

There is no reason to be a douche. I've left that mock there for a month. Obviously, in the last 24 hours, new revelations on Smith have caused him to fall even further on a lot of draft boards. Besides, I never thought Wilkerson would make it to us. I love him as a 3-4 DE and a nickel pass rusher. He is capable of some decent sack numbers. He would be the best pick imho.

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 12:30 PM

There is no reason to be a douche. I've left that mock there for a month. Obviously, in the last 24 hours, new revelations on Smith have caused him to fall even further on a lot of draft boards. Besides, I never thought Wilkerson would make it to us. I love him as a 3-4 DE and a nickel pass rusher. He is capable of some decent sack numbers. He would be the best pick imho.

These weren't new revelations at all. These things took place over the past 2 years. Everybody knew it. BTW, I love Wilkerson to. But, I think he will be a surprise top-15 to 18 selection. But I would love to get him. I have him way way better then Heyward will ever be. Not that I hate Heyward, I don't. But Wilkerson,,,we're talking L.C. Greenwood here.

BackwoodsSteeler
04-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Anyone who takes cam first should be thrown outta' the league.

steelblood
04-28-2011, 02:41 PM

These weren't new revelations at all. These things took place over the past 2 years. Everybody knew it. BTW, I love Wilkerson to. But, I think he will be a surprise top-15 to 18 selection. But I would love to get him. I have him way way better then Heyward will ever be. Not that I hate Heyward, I don't. But Wilkerson,,,we're talking L.C. Greenwood here.

Many teams may have known about the 3 failed drug tests, but most of us and many draft experts did not know. If they did, we would have heard about it much earlier in the process. My point was that failed multiple failed drug tests are a deal breaker and change my position on Jimmy Smith and taking a chance on him in the first.

Sugar
04-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Anyone who takes cam first should be thrown outta' the league.

There is a reason that these teams pick first and many times is has to do with poor organizational decision making.

Steelers fans will remember that we picked an athletic, strong QB with the first pick about 40 years ago. It could have been disastrous and probably would have been in today's NFL.