PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper's updated Mock from 2 hours ago...

Chadman
04-28-2011, 09:04 AM
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/4/28/ ... -mel-kiper (http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/4/28/2138183/rams-nfl-mock-draft-2011-mel-kiper)

1. Carolina - QB Cam Newton
2. Denver - OLB Von Miller
3. Buffalo - DT Marcell Dareus
4. Cincinnati - WR A.J. Green
5. Arizona - Patrick Peterson
6. Cleveland - Julio Jones
7. San Francisco - QB Blaine Gabbert
8. Tennessee - Nick Fairley
9. Dallas - DE Cameron Jordan
10. Washington - DE Robert Quinn
11. Houston - DE Aldon Smith
12. Minnesota - QB Jake Locker
13. Detroit - OT Tyron Smith
14. St. Louis - DT Corey Liuget
15. Miami - OL Mike Pouncey
16. Jacksonville - DE Ryan Kerrigan
17. New England - DT Muhammad Wilkerson
18. San Diego - DE J.J. Watt
19. New York Giants - OT Anthony Castonzo
20. Tampa Bay - CB Prince Amukamara
21. Kansas City - OT Gabe Carimi
22. Indianapolis - OT Nate Solder
23. Philadelphia - CB Jimmy Smith
24. New Orleans - DE Da'Quan Bowers
25. Seattle - QB Andy Dalton
26. Baltimore - LB Akeem Ayers
27. Atlanta - DE Adrian Clayborn
28. New England - RB Mark Ingram
29. Chicago - OT Derek Sherrod
30. New York Jets - DT Phil Taylor
31. Pittsburgh - CB Aaron Williams32. Green Bay - OG Danny Watkins

steelz09
04-28-2011, 09:12 AM
That would be fine by me.

I would have Pouncey, Taylor then Wiliams on my draft board. I also think Brandon Harris will be solid.

Taylor might be a bit of a risk but we really need a young NT to groom. He could play immediately as a rotational player.

Oviedo
04-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I'd actually consider jumping in front of the Jets to get Taylor. That would not cost much and it would really solidify the DL.

I like Williams but we can get some CBs in Round 2-4. I think a DL in LeBeau's defense gets to play before LeBeau lets a CB play.

papillon
04-28-2011, 09:29 AM
I still find it amazing that athletic ability is trumping actually being a quarterback to NFL scouts and teams. While I think Newton has the potential to be a good quarterback it is going to take him years before he gets to that point.

-- He has never operated out of an NFL style huddle

-- He has never (or rarely) made more than one read before making something happen with his feet

-- He has never really played under center

-- Since, he ran more of a check with me type offense, terminology is going to be a big issue

-- He's never really had to try and squeeze a ball into a small window

There is absolutely no way I take potential at 1.1; IMO, a team needs to take a player that can help right away. The Panthers are going to pick in the top 10 again next year, because, they may take a guy that isn't going to be on the field regularly for 2 to 3 years and you're basically telling Claussen he isn't the answer. What if he turns into a good NFL quarterback in the next 2 to 3 years? They'll be looking to move Newton after guaranteeing him 30 plus million. The risk seems to out weigh the reward currently.

Of course, Newton could turn out to be a great quarterback and take the NFL by storm, but he doesn't have the overall team depth around him that Ben had when he was a rookie, so I don't see him turning in a Marino like rookie season, but he could I suppose.

Pappy

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-28-2011, 09:30 AM
I believe that this is the first mock that I've seen with Prince Amukamara falling as far as 20. If that does happen, would you be willing to make the jump to 19 to grab him?

Te last time we made a move like this was in 2003 when we jumped 11 spots from 27 to 16 to take a safety from USC named Bustamalu. We gave up our third and sixth to do so.

This time it would require a jump 12 spots so would you be willing to give up a bit more? Say our third and fourth in order to grab the Prince? Only fitting the day before the royal wedding that we make such a bold move for a Prince!

Oviedo
04-28-2011, 09:33 AM
I believe that this is the first mock that I've seen with Prince Amukamara falling as far as 20. If that does happen, would you be willing to make the jump to 19 to grab him?

Te last time we made a move like this was in 2003 when we jumped 11 spots from 27 to 16 to take a safety from USC named Bustamalu. We gave up our third and sixth to do so.

This time it would require a jump 12 spots so would you be willing to give up a bit more? Say our third and fourth in order to grab the Prince? Only fitting the day before the royal wedding that we make such a bold move for a Prince!

I would not jump to 20. It costs too much and there is probably a reason he is falling.

insanesteelersfan
04-28-2011, 09:42 AM

I saw that as well. Sometimes I really have to question Mel's commen sense. I mean unless Prince " RAPED " someone, and we don't know about it, no way does Prince fall to 20. I'm not discounting Aaron at 31. But I still think it is pretty obvious that the steelers have 3 to 4 D-Linemen targeted, and that will be our 1st round positional target. Whether it's Phil Taylor, if he gets past the Jets. Or Heyward, or even Cllayborn who could be there at 31. As for a trade up, if that happens, I think it's pretty obvious that the Steelers love Cal DE Cameron Jordan. But I think it's about 90 % that we go D-line first. Only way that does not happen is if a unsuspecting O-linemen falls down more then anyone thought. Or if we trade down into round 2 for our 31st pick, and then we might target BPA, which might be a CB. So I won't question Colbert and what he usually picks in round 1. So IF that is Aaron Williams, God Bless him, and welcome to our team Aaron. But I really feel it will be a D-Linemen.

SteelBucks
04-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Noticed that Mark Ingram's stock continues to fall. At one time he was a top 10 pick, now Kiper has him going #28 to the Pats.

pfelix73
04-28-2011, 10:06 AM
In my opinion- I don't see much of a difference between Aaron and Prince. In fact, Aaron might be the better player going for the ball like he does. Reason why he's being mentioned as a possible Safety.

Therefore, I think getting Aaron at 31 would be excellent value for us. Unless someone drops down the board unexpectedly, I am expecting Aaron to be in the Black & Gold.

If Akeem Ayers would still be available, now that would be interesting...Wondering how much Carnell Lake will play a role in some of these picks....being from UCLA and all...

:tt1

steelblood
04-28-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm calling it right now. Aaron Williams will be gone. To Baltimore.

Philly takes Jimmy Smith
Baltimore takes Aaron Williams

Start working on plan D.

WoodleyofTroy
04-28-2011, 10:43 AM

Philly takes Jimmy Smith

Start working on plan D.

That may leave us with Cameron Heyward then (who like Aaron Williams being mocked to us, Heyward is being mocked to them).

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2011, 12:08 PM

Philly takes Jimmy Smith

Start working on plan D.

Prefer a healthy Ras-I Dowling at CB to Aaron Williams anyway.

steeler_george
04-28-2011, 12:08 PM
If Akeem Ayers would still be available, now that would be interesting...Wondering how much Carnell Lake will play a role in some of these picks....being from UCLA and all...

:tt1

I have been thinking about that too. He might actually fall to 31, with a run on DL and OT in the 20s, it might just happen.

Between Ayers, A.Williams, and Heyward at 31 who would you take?