PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis wins Madden cover

PSU_dropout43
04-27-2011, 05:13 PM
PFT

Peyton Hillis has been chosen for the cover of the Madden ’12 video game, beating out Michael Vick in the final round of fan voting.

“It means a lot to me and my family,” Hillis said. “I just want to say thank you.”

A year ago, Hillis on the Madden cover would have sounded like a joke: Hillis was shipped from Denver to Cleveland last offseason as part of the Brady Quinn trade, and it wasn’t even a sure thing that Hillis would make the Browns’ roster.

Hillis didn’t just make the roster, he became the Browns’ go-to player, carrying 270 times for 1,177 yards and 11 touchdowns and catching another 61 passes for 477 yards and two more touchdowns.

And now Hillis is the public face of one of the most prominent consumer products associated with the NFL. In a year, he’s gone from little-known role player to bona fide star.

insanesteelersfan
04-27-2011, 06:14 PM
PFT

Peyton Hillis has been chosen for the cover of the Madden ’12 video game, beating out Michael Vick in the final round of fan voting.

“It means a lot to me and my family,” Hillis said. “I just want to say thank you.”

A year ago, Hillis on the Madden cover would have sounded like a joke: Hillis was shipped from Denver to Cleveland last offseason as part of the Brady Quinn trade, and it wasn’t even a sure thing that Hillis would make the Browns’ roster.

Hillis didn’t just make the roster, he became the Browns’ go-to player, carrying 270 times for 1,177 yards and 11 touchdowns and catching another 61 passes for 477 yards and two more touchdowns.

And now Hillis is the public face of one of the most prominent consumer products associated with the NFL. In a year, he’s gone from little-known role player to bona fide star.

Hmm, The WHITE Hillis gets the nod over the bad " BLACK " M.Vick! I can just see Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson waiting in the wings :x

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Congratulations, Browns fans! You have won something for the first time in about 50 years. Now you better go ahead and draft Mark Ingram tomorrow, since having Hillis on the Madden cover guarantees he'll need Lis Franc surgery before the game hits shelves.

:brownssuck

AzStillers1989
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Ya know, I really like that he made the cover.... I always like to see new things and have a BROWNS PLAYER on the cover of a game where usually the winner of the last super bowls star player get to be is really cool.

oh yea .... :brownssuck still ....

:Steel :Beer

Sugar
04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I think this was the first time I rooted for a Clowns player in a looooooong time. Good for him, may he not be cursed. :Beer

Oh, and :brownssuck

hawaiiansteel
04-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Congratulations, Browns fans! You have won something for the first time in about 50 years.
:brownssuck

47 years and counting, the Browns' last NFL championship was in 1964 when they beat the Baltimore Colts in the title game 27-0.

http://images.ha.com/lf?source=url%5Bfile%3Aimages%2Finetpub%2Fnewnames %2F300%2F1%2F8%2F9%2F7%2F1897609.jpg%5D%2Ccontinue onerror%5Btrue%5D&scale=size%5B220x350%5D%2Coptions%5Blimit%5D&source=url%5Bfile%3Aimages%2Finetpub%2Fwebuse%2Fno _image_available.gif%5D%2Cif%5B(%27global.source.e rror%27)%5D&sink=preservemd%5Btrue%5Dhttp://www.shippinganywhere.net/catalog/jbrown320.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2011, 09:56 PM
They should put Jim Brown on the cover of Madden.

rpmpit
04-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Hate the Browns but love how Hillis runs.