PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark: Steeler players to report for work 4-26-11, 8 am

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Steelers' Clark: Players planning to report to work tomorrow morning
Monday, April 25, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

With the NFL lockout lifted, Steelers players plan to start reporting to work at the team's facility as soon as 8 a.m. Tuesday.

Safety Ryan Clark, the NFL Players Association representative for the Steelers, began calling and texting teammates this evening to inform them that they are free to report to work and urging them to do so early Tuesday.

"I'm trying to get guys there at 8 o'clock, to get out there and show we want to be here, we want too be part of this organization and we want to be on the field," Clark told the Post-Gazette this evening. "We want to show this is not a litigation process but an attempt to have football in 2011."

First published on April 25, 2011 at 7:19 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11115/1141865-100.stm

Steelers' Ryan Clark tells teammates to show for work Tuesday
08:29 PM
By Sean Leahy, USA TODAY

NFL players may begin showing up for work on Tuesday morning, despite the confusion that still reins over the league's labor impasse.

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette he is encouraging his teammates to show up at team headquarters early Tuesday, a decision he made shortly after U.S. District Court Judge Susan Richard Nelson invalidated the NFL's lockout.

"I'm trying to get guys there at 8 o'clock, to get out there and show we want to be here, we want too be part of this organization and we want to be on the field," Clark told the Post-Gazette. "We want to show this is not a litigation process but an attempt to have football in 2011."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said that if players showed up, they would be allowed in. "If a player comes to the facility, he will be treated courteously and with respect," he said in an email.

Players may also turn out to headquarters concerned about bonuses for offseason workout attendance.

Agent Brad Blank told NFL Network that he advised New York Giants DE Chris Canty to report, mindful of his $250,000 workout bonus.

But Nelson's decision wasn't an immediate order for the NFL to begin operations. The league intends to appeal the decision and also to ask for a stay on the ruling while it pursues that appeal.

James Quinn, the class counsel for the players in their antitrust suit against the NFL, said the league needs time to work out logistics.

"By law, we have to give it a day or so to let the dust settle and see if a stay gets in place and then we'll decide what happens next,'' Quinn said.

Contributing: Jim Corbett

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/04/steelers-ryan-clark-tells-teammates-to-show-for-work-tuesday/1

hawaiiansteel
04-26-2011, 02:26 AM
League will allows players into facilities, but possibly not weight rooms

Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2011

With players throughout the league planning to report for duty on Tuesday, the NFL plans to allow the players to enter the facilities — assuming a stay of the order lifting the lockout is not previously granted.

Both Albert Breer of NFL Network and Adam Schefter of ESPN have reported that players will be permitted to enter. Schefter reports that the league has recommended that teams keep their weight rooms closed.

We’ve reported that the league also has instructed coaches not to talk to players.

So, basically, they’ll be permitted to loiter. But that’s a far cry from the league’s initial position that the doors would remain locked.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ght-rooms/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/25/league-will-allows-players-into-facilities-but-possibly-not-weight-rooms/)

papillon
04-27-2011, 12:27 AM
The more Clark continues to talk the more I hope the Steelers let him walk (or cut him) and take Rahim Moore someone that might actually make a play on the ball while its in the air instead of lowering his head trying to make a hit. I'd rather have an INT or a defended pass than a big hit and a player laying on the ground, but with the catch being made.

Pappy

insanesteelersfan
04-27-2011, 12:45 AM
The more Clark continues to talk the more I hope the Steelers let him walk (or cut him) and take Rahim Moore someone that might actually make a play on the ball while its in the air instead of lowering his head trying to make a hit. I'd rather have an INT or a defended pass than a big hit and a player laying on the ground, but with the catch being made.

Pappy

Moore is a very weak safety. And a horrible tackler. We already have one horrible tackling safety in Troy. We don't need another one.

Dee Dub
04-27-2011, 01:03 AM

Pappy

Moore is a very weak safety. And a horrible tackler. We already have one horrible tackling safety in Troy. We don't need another one.

Wow!! Amazing how little about football you know. Rahim Moore plays the free safety spot. His biggest asset and what he is asked to do more than anything there is cover. And you want find a better one in this entire draft. How can you be week when you pick 10 INT's two seasons ago? Makes no sense. But keep spewing this garbage. It really makes you look not so smart.

birtikidis
04-27-2011, 01:06 AM

Pappy

Wow!! Amazing how little about football you know. Rahim Moore plays the free safety spot. His biggest asset and what he is asked to do more than anything there is cover. And you want find a better one in this entire draft. How can you be week when you pick 10 INT's two seasons ago? Makes no sense. But keep spewing this garbage. It really makes you look not so smart.
By weak he means tackling. I haven't watched A lot of Moore, so I won't comment on his tackling ability. that's just what he meant though.

insanesteelersfan
04-27-2011, 01:20 AM

Pappy

First, I said WEAK...not " Week " And by weak I mean as in a 205 Lb so-called profesional Athlete did only 11 Reps at 225 Lbs. As for a better FS who is better in coverage, and Ball-Hawking skills, How about this one. Mark Legree.

http://www.draftnasty.com/football_cont ... rk_legree/ (http://www.draftnasty.com/football_content/conferences/fcs-div2-div3/mark_legree/)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingR ... LeGree.php (http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/S/Mark-LeGree.php)

22 career interceptions. 21 PBU. And is bigger, taller and FASTER the Moore is. And he benched 24 Reps at 225 Lbs...( BEST of ANY DB in this draft )

birtikidis
04-27-2011, 01:38 AM
I wouldn't worry so much about how many reps in the bench press these guys get. I'm more interested in core strength and their fast twitch muscle response. There isn't a really good measurement for either. Like I said I dont' know anything about Moore so i'm not going to comment to much on him. I will say though, that I haven't really heard a lot of good about this entire safety class. IMO I think we should take a flyer on a safety in the 6-7 round range and then next year draft a guy early. There just doesn't seem to be any of those guys who have "it" in this draft.

Dee Dub
04-27-2011, 07:11 PM

Pappy

First, I said WEAK...not " Week " And by weak I mean as in a 205 Lb so-called profesional Athlete did only 11 Reps at 225 Lbs. As for a better FS who is better in coverage, and Ball-Hawking skills, How about this one. Mark Legree.

http://www.draftnasty.com/football_cont ... rk_legree/ (http://www.draftnasty.com/football_content/conferences/fcs-div2-div3/mark_legree/)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingR ... LeGree.php (http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/S/Mark-LeGree.php)

22 career interceptions. 21 PBU. And is bigger, taller and FASTER the Moore is. And he benched 24 Reps at 225 Lbs...( BEST of ANY DB in this draft )

Dude..when is it important for a free safety to be physically strong? I think you got your positions mixed up. We’re talking free safety not strong safety. The Steelers have a bonafide strong safety who can play at or near the box, and one who is the best in the game. What they need to compliment him is one who can cover…and again as for free safeties…in this draft…you won’t find a better one that Rahim Moore.

Yeah..let’s compare Legree who played at Appalachian State to what Moore did in the Pac-10. :roll:

Taylor Mays was bigger, faster, and stronger than Rahim Moore as well. How has that translated for Mays in the NFL?

Dee Dub
04-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Pappy

By weak he means tackling. I haven't watched A lot of Moore, so I won't comment on his tackling ability. that's just what he meant though.

No...he said Moore is a very weak "Safety"...And a horrible tackler.He is talking more than just tackling.

insanesteelersfan
04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
[quote=papillon]The more Clark continues to talk the more I hope the Steelers let him walk (or cut him) and take Rahim Moore someone that might actually make a play on the ball while its in the air instead of lowering his head trying to make a hit. I'd rather have an INT or a defended pass than a big hit and a player laying on the ground, but with the catch being made.

Pappy

Dude..when is it important for a free safety to be physically strong? I think you got your positions mixed up. We’re talking free safety not strong safety. The Steelers have a bonafide strong safety who can play at or near the box, and one who is the best in the game. What they need to compliment him is one who can cover…and again as for free safeties…in this draft…you won’t find a better one that Rahim Moore.

Yeah..let’s compare Legree who played at Appalachian State to what Moore did in the Pac-10. :roll:

Taylor Mays was bigger, faster, and stronger than Rahim Moore as well. How has that translated for Mays in the NFL?[/quote:2ns4x7xb]

Strength is not the most important thing in a FS. I agree, coverage skills, and Ball-Hawking skills are. However, if that Ball-Hawking FS does have great strength, it's an added plus. Wouldn't you agree ? And Mark Legree is NOT a SS, but a Free safety.......same as Moore. And as I informed you, Legree is a better one. or did you not see his numbers ?

:owned

Dee Dub
04-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Strength is not the most important thing in a FS. I agree, coverage skills, and Ball-Hawking skills are. However, if that Ball-Hawking FS does have great strength, it's an added plus. Wouldn't you agree ? And Mark Legree is NOT a SS, but a Free safety.......same as Moore. And as I informed you, Legree is a better one. or did you not see his numbers ?

Ok let's see who has the better NFL career. You are actually sold because he had better numbers? All the while he played lesser competition? Cool. :lol:

Wonder why scouts have your boy Legree rated so low? Hmmm?

I guess Ty Detmer is better than Ben Roethlisberger because he put up better stats in college?

insanesteelersfan
04-27-2011, 07:50 PM

Ok let's see who has the better NFL career. You are actually sold because he had better numbers? All the while he played lesser competition? Cool. :lol:

Wonder why scouts have your boy Legree rated so low? Hmmm?

I guess Ty Detmer is better than Ben Roethlisberger because he put up better stats in college?

Gee, probably the same reason they had James Harrison ranked as the 298th best OLB in 2002, and Napoleon Harris the TOP rated OLB, just like how Rahim Moore is the TOP rated FS.....And how did that Napoleon Harris vs James Harrison thing work out :lol:

You will forever be..... :owned

papillon
04-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Ed Reed doesn't tackle so well, but I'd love to have in Black and Gold. Rahim Moore will be a good NFL FS, IMO and I would have no problem if the Steelers drafted him. Clark is running his yap too much and getting very close to biting the hand that feeds him. He's a good tackler and a not so great cover or ball hawking free safety. I'd rather he miss a tackle or two and turn in a few more defended passes or interceptions.

Just my opinion for FS on the Steelers. I guy that can cover and go and get the ball is what Troy needs to be able to play the way he likes to play.

Pappy

insanesteelersfan
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Ed Reed doesn't tackle so well, but I'd love to have in Black and Gold. Rahim Moore will be a good NFL FS, IMO and I would have no problem if the Steelers drafted him. Clark is running his yap too much and getting very close to biting the hand that feeds him. He's a good tackler and a not so great cover or ball hawking free safety. I'd rather he miss a tackle or two and turn in a few more defended passes or interceptions.

Just my opinion for FS on the Steelers. I guy that can cover and go and get the ball is what Troy needs to be able to play the way he likes to play.

Pappy

What you say is very true. But I won't dog out Ryan. He has been a great team player for us in the past. Unselfish, and he plays hard. Yes his game is falling off a bit. But so to is Farrior's. But I will never dog him because of what he has brought us. Rahim Moore is easily a better safety then Clark. But, Moore's strength is as a roving and covering FS who can pick off passes. But I think we need help more urgently in other places. And then take another FS lower down with simular coverage skills and Ball-hawking skills.

Chadman
04-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Weak, strong, good hands, bad coverage, over rated, under rated...

In the end, Chadman would prefer Quinton Carter at FS to Moore & Legree... :stirpot