PDA

View Full Version : Focosteeler Mock....

focosteeler
04-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Just cause everyone else is doing it :tt2

If Pouncey gets close enough to use where we can trade down for him I would do it without thinking about it. And I would want the picks on here with the one we would have left. This is assuming Pouncey is gone. Sorry some of the "overviews" are not as educated as I would hope but I don't have all the time in the world. I put the video of Chris Prosinski because not many people know about him and the one of Greg Little because there was not a lot of exposure for him this year.

Trade our 1st rounder (31) to Titans for 2nd (39), 4th (109) and 6th (175)

--- (31) = 600 pts for (39, 109, 175) = 510+76+21.4 = 607.4pts

2 - (39) - Ras I Dowling – Virginia – CB / 6-2, 200
- Many people are saying that the Steelers are in desperate need for a corner, I would tend to agree. Last year before it was announced that Dowling was staying in school I had seen him mocked to the Steelers at 18. He appears to be an almost perfect fit for our defense. He is a sound tackler, good in man coverage and really excels in zone coverage. “Dowling looked to be a solid first-round pick during his junior season because of his 6-2, 200-pound frame and receiver-like ball skills. He struggled to stay healthy in 2010 because of hamstring, ankle and knee injuries.”

2 - (63) - Kenrick Ellis – Hampton – NT / 6-5, 346
- Big man, with some past character problems but it would appear that he is past them. With the age on the D Line, especially at the nose tackle position with Big Snack and Hoke the need for young blood is huge. Even though Big Snack signed a new contract recently he is old, get Ellis to sit behind him for a year and learn.

3 - (95) - Greg Little – North Carolina – WR / 6-3, 231
-Known as the “Freak” First off suspended for the 2010 season, appears to have some character issues but I think if he is available in the 3rd round he is too good to pass up. Doesn’t have freakish speed but is beastly in every other aspect. A spectacular, but raw, athlete who saw time at running back for the Tar Heels before switching to receiver. He seems overly cocky but I think he is the replacement for Hines that we need.
[youtube:ng39ir2v]VRKB-KIQMg4[/youtube:ng39ir2v]

4 - (109) - Curtis Marsh – Utah State – CB / 6-1, 197
-Raw, former running back with only two years at cornerback. I hope he could be Ike 2.0. High upside as a cornerback prospect, defensive rookies rarely play much and he could use the year getting coached up on the defense as well as the finer points of the position. Similar to Dowling with excellent size speed combination. These are strengths from a scout….Can turn and run with receivers , Physical and aggressive - best fit man be in a press scheme, Plays the ball well - 13 PBUs in 2010, Shows natural fluidity in coverage for a 6'1 corner, Displays solid instincts in zone coverage, Good recovery speed, Willing tackler, Bloodlines - father played wide receiver in the NFL

4 - (128) - Alex Henery – Nebraska – K / 6-2, 177
- I know 4th round for a kicker?? But Henery is the best kicker to come out in a while. Great leg for kicking, but also can punt well if needed. The only thing I am worried about is playing in the Big 12 he might never have played a collegiate game on real grass with the popularity of field turf. Hopefully bad footing (Heinz) won’t be too hard for him.

5 - (162) - Chris Prosinski – Wyoming – FS / 6-1, 201
-To start off, one of my favorite guys (could possibly be because he is from Laramie) 3 year starter and a very good athlete. Ran a 4.39 40, 39 1/2-inch vertical, 4.28 short shuttle, and 11-foot-2-inch broad jump at pro day. He is great guy, (know him) one of those guys who will work his butt off on every play no matter the situation. I’ll let you guys decide for yourself…

[youtube:ng39ir2v]Fa3Sk2JyETc[/youtube:ng39ir2v]

6 - (175) - Bruce Miller – UCF – OLB - or - Mario Harvey – Marshall – LB
-I’ll take Miller over Harvey but I have seen Miller mocked from the 4th to the 7th so I don’t really have a solid idea of where he will go. Harvey is VERY fast but in a straight line. I think he would excel on special teams for us. Bruce Miller isn’t as fast but was very productive. Great motor, beastly strong and greater pass rusher. Not as fast as you would hope but I think his pass rushing ability is too hard to pass up this late.

6 - (196) - Jarriel King – South Carolina – OT / 6-5, 317
-I think this late BPA, From Combine page…. King has a great frame and the athleticism to be a reserve left tackle at the next level. He excels in pass protection, as he can sink his hips to thwart the bull rush and also locks out his arms effectively to push edge rushers past the pocket. He is naturally strong, but his slow first step prevents him from getting a strong initial position and consistently generating a good push.

7 - (232) - Frank Kearse– Alabama A&M – DT – 6-4 Weight: 315
-I originally had Zach Clayton here but I recently read his arms are extremely short and it causes him a lot of problems despite his athleticism. Another d-lineman to help with the age concerns on the line. Started as an offensive lineman in high school who was recruited by Georgia, Georgia Southern and Central Florida before winding up at A&M after some academic issues endangered his eligibility. Many teams seem to be interested in him.

Let me know what you think!!

insanesteelersfan
04-24-2011, 07:27 PM

If Pouncey gets close enough to use where we can trade down for him I would do it without thinking about it. And I would want the picks on here with the one we would have left. This is assuming Pouncey is gone. Sorry some of the "overviews" are not as educated as I would hope but I don't have all the time in the world. I put the video of Chris Prosinski because not many people know about him and the one of Greg Little because there was not a lot of exposure for him this year.

- Many people are saying that the Steelers are in desperate need for a corner, I would tend to agree. Last year before it was announced that Dowling was staying in school I had seen him mocked to the Steelers at 18. He appears to be an almost perfect fit for our defense. He is a sound tackler, good in man coverage and really excels in zone coverage. “Dowling looked to be a solid first-round pick during his junior season because of his 6-2, 200-pound frame and receiver-like ball skills. He struggled to stay healthy in 2010 because of hamstring, ankle and knee injuries.”

- Big man, with some past character problems but it would appear that he is past them. With the age on the D Line, especially at the nose tackle position with Big Snack and Hoke the need for young blood is huge. Even though Big Snack signed a new contract recently he is old, get Ellis to sit behind him for a year and learn.

-Known as the “Freak” First off suspended for the 2010 season, appears to have some character issues but I think if he is available in the 3rd round he is too good to pass up. Doesn’t have freakish speed but is beastly in every other aspect. A spectacular, but raw, athlete who saw time at running back for the Tar Heels before switching to receiver. He seems overly cocky but I think he is the replacement for Hines that we need.
[youtube:35axrtbo]VRKB-KIQMg4[/youtube:35axrtbo]

-Raw, former running back with only two years at cornerback. I hope he could be Ike 2.0. High upside as a cornerback prospect, defensive rookies rarely play much and he could use the year getting coached up on the defense as well as the finer points of the position. Similar to Dowling with excellent size speed combination. These are strengths from a scout….Can turn and run with receivers , Physical and aggressive - best fit man be in a press scheme, Plays the ball well - 13 PBUs in 2010, Shows natural fluidity in coverage for a 6'1 corner, Displays solid instincts in zone coverage, Good recovery speed, Willing tackler, Bloodlines - father played wide receiver in the NFL

- I know 4th round for a kicker?? But Henery is the best kicker to come out in a while. Great leg for kicking, but also can punt well if needed. The only thing I am worried about is playing in the Big 12 he might never have played a collegiate game on real grass with the popularity of field turf. Hopefully bad footing (Heinz) won’t be too hard for him.

-To start off, one of my favorite guys (could possibly be because he is from Laramie) 3 year starter and a very good athlete. Ran a 4.39 40, 39 1/2-inch vertical, 4.28 short shuttle, and 11-foot-2-inch broad jump at pro day. He is great guy, (know him) one of those guys who will work his butt off on every play no matter the situation. I’ll let you guys decide for yourself…

[youtube:35axrtbo]Fa3Sk2JyETc[/youtube:35axrtbo]

-I’ll take Miller over Harvey but I have seen Miller mocked from the 4th to the 7th so I don’t really have a solid idea of where he will go. Harvey is VERY fast but in a straight line. I think he would excel on special teams for us. Bruce Miller isn’t as fast but was very productive. Great motor, beastly strong and greater pass rusher. Not as fast as you would hope but I think his pass rushing ability is too hard to pass up this late.

-I think this late BPA, From Combine page…. King has a great frame and the athleticism to be a reserve left tackle at the next level. He excels in pass protection, as he can sink his hips to thwart the bull rush and also locks out his arms effectively to push edge rushers past the pocket. He is naturally strong, but his slow first step prevents him from getting a strong initial position and consistently generating a good push.

-I originally had Zach Clayton here but I recently read his arms are extremely short and it causes him a lot of problems despite his athleticism. Another d-lineman to help with the age concerns on the line. Started as an offensive lineman in high school who was recruited by Georgia, Georgia Southern and Central Florida before winding up at A&M after some academic issues endangered his eligibility. Many teams seem to be interested in him.

Very well thought out draft sir. The trade is a possible one. And you hit alot of our needs. I can't agree on Little though. Have seen him play, and he has had his moments, but mostly against poor teams. And he also looks too much like a Bodybuilder to me. David Boston 2.0 if you will :P But overall a good effort :Clap

MeetJoeGreene
04-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Truly a well reasoned mock draft that merits laud and serious consideration

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2011, 08:07 PM
great job foco, I would love to see the draft unfold this way! :Clap

jj28west
04-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Nice mock. Well thought out. It will be interesting how it grades.

Chadman
04-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Very nice draft- covers a lot of needs.

Not sure if Ellis & little are going to be seriously considered due to character concerns though.

focosteeler
04-24-2011, 11:48 PM

[youtube:gzuykpdx]VRKB-KIQMg4[/youtube:gzuykpdx]

[youtube:gzuykpdx]Fa3Sk2JyETc[/youtube:gzuykpdx]

Very well thought out draft sir. The trade is a possible one. And you hit alot of our needs. I can't agree on Little though. Have seen him play, and he has had his moments, but mostly against poor teams. And he also looks too much like a Bodybuilder to me. David Boston 2.0 if you will :P But overall a good effort :Clap

i picked the trade with the titans over 49ers, jacksonville and the other possible ones because I wanted to get infront of the cowboys in the second round. every mock i have seen has them taking dowling so i needed to get infront of them if i wanted him. as for Little, i have not seen him play much (mostly highlights and film they show on nfl network) I based most of the mock, off of guys the steelers have brought in for visits with the exception of henery, prosinski and miller. WR wise in the 3rd i think i would rather have little than pettis just off athletic potential

StarSpangledSteeler
04-25-2011, 01:23 AM
nice find on prosinski. he moves really well. not just in coverage, but through traffic. at worst he is a very nice special teams gunner option. at best a solid journeyman safety.

having said that, i think we need 3rd round help more so at OL than at WR.

focosteeler
04-25-2011, 01:37 AM
nice find on prosinski. he moves really well. not just in coverage, but through traffic. at worst he is a very nice special teams gunner option. at best a solid journeyman safety.

having said that, i think we need 3rd round help more so at OL than at WR.

Yeah i had trouble with that, I mustve switched between Greg Little and Marcus Gilbert 4 times before i finally decided to go WR

D Rock
04-25-2011, 01:59 AM
I was weary of the trade return on that Titans deal, but using it to get Marsh would make me feel good about it, esp. if they trade and still get Dowling.

Besides that, put Pettis in for Little and we are golden.

I don't think Little with his ego and issues would fit on this offense...too many players to spread the ball to for him to be happy. Pettis is already used to not being the star (Titus Young).

focosteeler
04-25-2011, 11:35 AM
I was weary of the trade return on that Titans deal, but using it to get Marsh would make me feel good about it, esp. if they trade and still get Dowling.

I don't think Little with his ego and issues would fit on this offense...too many players to spread the ball to for him to be happy. Pettis is already used to not being the star (Titus Young).

good point about little, a friend just showed me a video of him catching a td and punting the ball into the stands, with that cr@p and the feedback from others on here im starting to get a bad feeling about the guy.

Pettis could be had in a later round which means i could move Marsh up (make sure to get him) and put Pettis in early 4th

grotonsteel
04-25-2011, 02:56 PM

good point about little, a friend just showed me a video of him catching a td and punting the ball into the stands, with that cr@p and the feedback from others on here im starting to get a bad feeling about the guy.

Pettis could be had in a later round which means i could move Marsh up (make sure to get him) and put Pettis in early 4th

I like your draft especially the trade with Titans.

I would draft either James Carpenter or Marcus Gilbert instead of Greg Little or K Ellis.

steelblood
04-26-2011, 01:28 PM
music in the prosinski video is hilarious.

focosteeler
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
music in the prosinski video is hilarious.

yeah :D