PDA

View Full Version : My Three Rounder.

WoodleyofTroy
04-24-2011, 01:21 PM
You are Colbert/Tomlin coming off a Super Bowl loss, whose franchise QB has a loser nameplate taped to his bathroom mirror, eager to get back THIS YEAR and may be affected if he doesn't..What would you do?

1. **Mike Pouncey G Florida ..next to Maurkice. Offensive Line just went from gutter, to glue.

2. **Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh .. If he played with a better QB at Pitt, he'd be a top 10 pick with Calvin Johnson hype. Still seemed to catch every single ball that came his way. Ben needs a guy who can come back to his style of play and jump up for balls. Plaxico 2.0.

3. Taiwan Jones RB Eastern Washington .. Jamaal Charles presence and ability to the Offense. Steelers have been having success lately in the 3rd round. Instead of opting for a project at Corner (DB's are always projects) for the sake of need, more than likely ruining the recent trend and going back to their old ways, they take a safe pick at RB and continue to build on their third round success (Wallace, Sanders, and now Jones).

If you couldn't tell already, this draft is based on getting back to the Super Bowl this year, to get rid of this nasty hangover that exists in the Steeler lockerrom, and all around Steeler nation (the world). It's not easy to bounce back from a defeat like this. And I think this kind of draft (not your typical Steeler report card) is the perfect recipe. I really don't give two sh*ts about the aging DL and lack of talent at CB right now, at this time. Our Defense is good enough to get us back the way it is, and truth be told, I'm sick of relying on only them. No matter who you draft at D anyways, you won't beat the Packers without an Offense.

I call this the draft for Ben Roethlisberger (Super Bowl 46 MVP) Winning nameplate version.

**Some of these players may not be available at the Steelers slots. But you do what you have to do to add these missing pieces. That's the spot you put yourself when you lose a Super Bowl.

steelblood
04-24-2011, 01:30 PM
It could happen, but I think Pouncey and Baldwin will be gone by the time we pick in the 1st and 2nd. I would like that draft for the offense.

insanesteelersfan
04-24-2011, 01:32 PM
You are Colbert/Tomlin coming off a Super Bowl loss, whose franchise QB has a loser nameplate taped to his bathroom mirror, eager to get back THIS YEAR and may be affected if he doesn't..What would you do?

1. **Mike Pouncey G Florida ..next to Maurkice. Offensive Line just went from gutter, to glue.

2. **Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh .. If he played with a better QB at Pitt, he'd be a top 10 pick with Calvin Johnson hype. Still seemed to catch every single ball that came his way. Ben needs a guy who can come back to his style of play and jump up for balls. Plaxico 2.0.

3. Taiwan Jones RB Eastern Washington .. Jamaal Charles presence and ability to the Offense. Steelers have been having success lately in the 3rd round. Instead of opting for a project at Corner (DB's are always projects) for the sake of need, more than likely ruining the recent trend and going back to their old ways, they take a safe pick at RB and continue to build on their third round success (Wallace, Sanders, and now Jones).

If you couldn't tell already, this draft is based on getting back to the Super Bowl this year, to get rid of this nasty hangover that exists in the Steeler lockerrom, and all around Steeler nation (the world). It's not easy to bounce back from a defeat like this. And I think this kind of draft (not your typical Steeler report card) is the perfect recipe. I really don't give two sh*ts about the aging DL and lack of talent at CB right now, at this time. Our Defense is good enough to get us back the way it is, and truth be told, I'm sick of relying on only them. No matter who you draft at D anyways, you won't beat the Packers without an Offense.

I call this the draft for Ben Roethlisberger (Super Bowl 46 MVP) Winning nameplate version.

**Some of these players may not be available at the Steelers slots. But you do what you have to do to add these missing pieces. That's the spot you put yourself when you lose a Super Bowl.

First off, you do realize that even IF the steelers wanted Mike Pouncey, they would have to trade both their 2nd and 3rd rounder to move up the 13-16 spots to get him....right ?
So how would we get Baldwin, who is nothing more then a Cancer. Talented yes. But do we really want another Plexico Burress here ? And the Jones kid is nothing more then a small school kid who had good measurables. He wasn't even considered draft worthy til he worked out in shorts. Guess what ?....NFL games aren't played in shorts :wft

There is quite literally a better chance that we trade Troy for a 7th round pick then there is of ANY of those players ever being drafted by the steelers.

WoodleyofTroy
04-24-2011, 01:44 PM
First off, you do realize that even IF the steelers wanted Mike Pouncey, they would have to trade both their 2nd and 3rd rounder to move up the 13-16 spots to get him....right ?

Yeah maybe in Mock drafts.

So how would we get Baldwin, who is nothing more then a Cancer. Talented yes. But do we really want another Plexico Burress here ?

Hopefully by Cancer you're referring to his horoscope sign, because I've never seen something so blown out of proportion in my life. What would you do if you had Calvin Johnson talent and that poor excuse of an Offense at Pitt were in control of the next 4-6 years of your life (draft stock)? Quite frankly I thought he was very patient with it, and only became outspoken towards the end.

And the Jones kid is nothing more then a small school kid who had good measurables. He wasn't even considered draft worthy til he worked out in shorts. Guess what ?....NFL games aren't played in shorts :wft

Tell that to Chris Johnson.

insanesteelersfan
04-24-2011, 02:00 PM

Yeah maybe in Mock drafts.

So how would we get Baldwin, who is nothing more then a Cancer. Talented yes. But do we really want another Plexico Burress here ?

Hopefully by Cancer you're referring to his horoscope sign, because I've never seen something so blown out of proportion in my life. What would you do if you had Calvin Johnson talent and that poor excuse of an Offense at Pitt were in control of the next 4-6 years of your life (draft stock)? Quite frankly I thought he was very patient with it, and only became outspoken towards the end.

And the Jones kid is nothing more then a small school kid who had good measurables. He wasn't even considered draft worthy til he worked out in shorts. Guess what ?....NFL games aren't played in shorts :wft

Tell that to Chris Johnson.

I don't care about Baldwin's talent...talent does not win football games...ATTITUDE does! That's why we won our SB's AFTER Burress left. As for Jones, comparing him to Chris Johnson ? :wft :loser :owned Johnson was a Div-1 standout who actually played, and showed well against the very BEST at the Senior Bowl. His speed and athleticism were beyond belief. He was super quick out of the gate,,,which is something Taiwan Jones does not have. Very average speed out of the gate. His 10 Yd time is below average at best. Don't care what a player's 40 time is if he is slow getting out of the gate.
Also, Chris Johnson was a very stron kid. As where Jones is not. Which is why he gets dinged up alot.

Comparing him to Chris Johnson ?...why don't you go the full 9 yards and say Greg Lloyd Jr is every bit as good as his Father :lol: :lol: :lol:

WoodleyofTroy
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm not comparing anyone to anyone. It was a response to your statement about small school prospects with measurables, as Chris Johnson wasn't jack sh*t until the combine either.

insanesteelersfan
04-24-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm not comparing anyone to anyone. It was a response to your statement about small school prospects with measurables, as Chris Johnson wasn't jack sh*t until the combine either.

Chris Johnson wasn't jack til the combines ? Ahhh, CJ was conference USA leading rusher that year. Johnson at least competed against the best in the college football ranks. And Taiwan Jones isn't CLOSE to the Athlete with Speed that CJ has. Look I think Jones could be a okay 3rd down back in the league. But in the 3rd round, that would be a total waste of a pick.

WoodleyofTroy
04-24-2011, 02:41 PM

Chris Johnson wasn't jack til the combines ? Ahhh, CJ was conference USA leading rusher that year. Johnson at least competed against the best in the college football ranks. And Taiwan Jones isn't CLOSE to the Athlete with Speed that CJ has. Look I think Jones could be a okay 3rd down back in the league. But in the 3rd round, that would be a total waste of a pick.

Come on man. Johnson's stock rose at the combine, and only there. Stop playin.

Taiwan Jones is a Junior by the way. Who's to say that he couldn't come back for his Senior year and put monster numbers as well, like most Senior backs do? At least he'll be one year less dinged up.

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Taiwan Jones fumbled 17 times last year at Eastern Washington playing against the likes of Central Washington, Nevada, Montana, Montana State, Weber State, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Sacramento State, Portland State, Southern Utah, Idaho State and Southeast Missouri State.

no thanks...

insanesteelersfan
04-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Taiwan Jones fumbled 17 times last year at Eastern Washington playing against the likes of Central Washington, Nevada, Montana, Montana State, Weber State, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Sacramento State, Portland State, Southern Utah, Idaho State and Southeast Missouri State.

no thanks...

Are you serious ?....17 times ? Man, I wouldn't touch that guy in the 13th round...if the draft went that far :tt1

If I were the thread starter, I would change that 3rd round pick if I were you.

WoodleyofTroy
04-24-2011, 03:17 PM

no thanks...

And he also had the likes of those schools coaching him up. He needs a mentor. It's not hard to change that around. Jamaal Charles was known for fumbling a bit in college.

birtikidis
04-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Instead of Jones I'd take the tackle form Florida. Can't remember his name for the life of me.. But the 3rd round pick I want is Fua from Stanford. Gotta get younger on that d-line.
and I'd also steer clear of Baldwin. He does have talent, I'll give you that, but we will probably have to trade our 2nd to get Pouncey. I'd take that in a heartbeat. Then draft Pettis in the 4th. Maybe Burton in the 5th if he's still there just to get some depth at cb. then if we lose Ike, I'd go after Carlos Rogers in FA.

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Instead of Jones I'd take the tackle form Florida. Can't remember his name for the life of me..

rumor has it that the Steelers really like OT/OG Marcus Gilbert's position versatility (has played both LT and RT and a lot of teams project him inside at guard) and would strongly consider selecting him.

WoodleyofTroy
04-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Pouncey, Max Starks, Marcus Gilbert...talk about gelling together... hmmm.

RuthlessBurgher
04-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Pouncey, Max Starks, Marcus Gilbert...talk about gelling together... hmmm.

Just wait until we trade that heathen Roethlisberger to Denver in exchange for Saint Tebow.

:stirpot :lol:

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2011, 10:05 PM

Just wait until we trade that heathen Roethlisberger to Denver in exchange for Saint Tebow.

:stirpot :lol:

Denver would need to include Tebow's ex-girlfriend in that trade... :D

http://www.dailyheadlineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/tim-tebow-girlfriend.jpg

WoodleyofTroy
04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingR ... -Jones.php (http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/RB/Taiwan-Jones.php)

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2011, 10:02 PM
And let's not forget that Taiwan can jump out of a pool...we all remember how that particular talent helped Jarron Gilbert become a great player, right? Oh yeah...well Taiwan can jump out of a pool backwards!!! BACKWARDS, I SAY!!! :lol:

[youtube:2q4sowa7]64ohYkArJfU[/youtube:2q4sowa7]