PDA

View Full Version : Who's your vote to announce our 2nd round pick ?

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
According to this story...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... aft-picks/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/21/retired-players-will-announce-second-round-draft-picks/)

The league will bring in a retired player from each team to announce their 2nd round pick.
So, who is your vote for who the team should bring in ? Me, I'm sorry but I AM Biased here. I want MY BOY, Dermontti Dawson to do it. It's a absolute CRIME that Dawson is not in the Hall of fame. Dude is easily the greatest Center to play in the past 30 years.

BRING IN DERMONTTI!!

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh BTW I'm sorry. They already have decided on Franco Harris. And I like Harris. But he has already gotten his " Props " in his career. That's why my personal choice would have been Dawson. So, anyone else have any other ex-steeler player that they would want, if they could ?

flippy
04-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Weegie Thompson or Belton Delton Hall

It's really a toss up. I could go either way.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM

:wft Are you trying to be sarcastic ?

Sugar
04-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Kordell Stewart

D Rock
04-21-2011, 05:06 PM
You're all aiming too low.

It's going to be a triumvirate...and as Pittsburgh is known for it's linebackers, it will be a triumvirate heavy with linebackers, and representing the best picks of the steelers history.

Alonzo Jackson, Bruce Davis, and Lee Mays.

Lee is just there because...well...somehow, he is still sticking around.

flippy
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM

:wft Are you trying to be sarcastic ?

I'm just clowning around and you'll learn I'm only serious about 10% of the time (if that). :D

And Franco's as good a pick as any. But if you wanna give some props to a guy that's being robbed not being in the HOF, how about Donnie Shell?

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Since I'd like to see us trade up in the 2nd to get Ras-I Dowling, I would like to get his future secondary coach to be the one to make that pick...Carnell Lake.

hawaiiansteel
04-21-2011, 06:20 PM
it should have been the greatest Steelers LB ever, who was coincidentally selected in the 2nd round:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XdUZ_8oMAT4/TTYppYtcoVI/AAAAAAAAD3o/a0IqnJeZzOQ/s1600/jack+lambert.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 06:28 PM
it should have been the greatest Steelers LB ever, who was coincidentally selected in the 2nd round

Sorry, Jack Ham is busy that weekend. :tt2 :tt1

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/jack-ham-poster.jpg

Notleadpoisoned
04-21-2011, 07:23 PM
You're all aiming too low.
It's going to be a triumvirate...and as Pittsburgh is known for it's linebackers, it will be a triumvirate heavy with linebackers, and representing the best picks of the steelers history.
Alonzo Jackson, Bruce Davis, and Lee Mays.
Lee is just there because...well...somehow, he is still sticking around.
Drop Lee Mays and add Huey Richardson's name.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
With all these ridiculous answers to a serious question. All you are doing is showing your disrespect to Franco Harris..( Who's going to do it )...or the likes of players who were seriously great players who wore the Black & Gold uniform with Pride! Like Dermontti Dawson.

Chadman
04-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Ease up Insane...hardly think Steelers greats will have their nose out of joint because of this place.

For what iut's worth- Chadman nominates the always awe-inspiring 2nd Round Pick of the Ages- Scott Shields.

D Rock
04-21-2011, 08:16 PM
With all these ridiculous answers to a serious question. All you are doing is showing your disrespect to Franco Harris..( Who's going to do it )...or the likes of players who were seriously great players who wore the Black & Gold uniform with Pride! Like Dermontti Dawson.

I nominate insanesteelersfan because he needs to chill out. If we don't allow him the honor of announcing the pick then his head will explode, especially after Dirt Dawson reads this board and subsequently cries himself to sleep because we disrespected him.

flippy
04-22-2011, 06:55 AM

I remember when I had my first beer :P

steelblood
04-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Walter Abrecrombie

Djfan
04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Dan Marino.

No wait. I don't know. Kent Graham? Flippy? Only after he has his second beer. How about that dude from the Trib boards who used to play for the Steelers?

Limas Sweed!

flippy
04-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Dan Marino.

No wait. I don't know. Kent Graham? Flippy? Only after he has his second beer. How about that dude from the Trib boards who used to play for the Steelers?

Limas Sweed!

Many years ago, I created my own player named Flippy on Playstation once and he played on the Steelers. Flippy redefined football. He played QB/RB/S/P/K/ST and was more dominant than any Steelers player we've ever had.

I have played that game in years, so you could say I retired.

And if Franco can't make it, I'll be happy to jump in.

Does that mean I'd get to make the pick?

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Dan Marino.

Limas Sweed!

Many years ago, I created my own player named Flippy on Playstation once and he played on the Steelers. Flippy redefined football. He played QB/RB/S/P/K/ST and was more dominant than any Steelers player we've ever had.

I have played that game in years, so you could say I retired.

And if Franco can't make it, I'll be happy to jump in.

Does that mean I'd get to make the pick?

You can pick your friends.

You can pick your nose.

You can't pick your friend's nose (or announce the Steelers 2nd round pick either).

Sorry. Have another beer. :wink:

grotonsteel
04-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I would be happy with your draft Ruthlessburger..

Mike Pouncey and Ras-I-Dowling makes Steelers a strong SB candidate.

Dee Dub
04-22-2011, 01:49 PM
I say the Greatest Hall of Fame omission of all time......

SS Donnie Shell.

At his position, statistically, he is the second best SS ever!

Now that is the true crime.

And he was never even drafted. Now that would be awesome to see and it would allow him to take part in something that never even happen to him...the NFL Draft.

sentinel33
04-22-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm with Dee Dub.

Shell has my vote.