PDA

View Full Version : Flo wants to play next year

steeler_george
04-21-2011, 02:57 PM
http://burgh.us/49e

Ed: Steelers Flozell Adams Plans to Play Thursday, 21 April 2011 13:49 Written by Ed Bouchette Tackle Flozell Adams, under contract to the Steelers through 2011, plans to play next season. There has been speculation on whether Adams, 36, will retire after playing last season with the Steelers. But his agent says that is not the case.

“Flo is planning on playing,’’ Jordan Woy told the Post-Gazette in an email today. “We will need to talk to Pitt (once lock out ends) and determine his role and if it will be with the Steelers.’’

In other words, Adams doesn’t want to be a backup. He wants to stay right where he was last season, as their starting right tackle. It’s no secret the Steelers will pursue a tackle in the draft next week, but that could work out perfectly for them. Adams could finish out his contract with the Steelers and start the 2011 season at right tackle, and any young tackle they might draft could have a year playing behind him.

My take: This is great news, I loved how Flo played last year and I think he still has it in him for next year. I think he was a big improvement over Colon, who I think is unfortunely done, damaged-goods.

Starks-Kemo-Pouncey- Rookie-Adams

hawaiiansteel
04-21-2011, 03:13 PM
I consider this to be great news also.

I'm not sure the Steelers are going to be willing to pay him $5 million to do so however...

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 03:39 PM
If we don't address the Tackle position in the draft. And if Willie Colon is not
re-signed.( And he likely won't be )..and the team doesn't feel 2nd year T Chris Scott is better,,,he probably will be back, and start at RT. But if we say get a guy at Tackle in the draft in the first 2 rounds, then likely Flo won't be back. Or at least won't be starting.

flippy
04-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Flozell's game has never been about speed. I bet he could play another 3 years at RT.

hawaiiansteel
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
If we don't address the Tackle position in the draft. And if Willie Colon is not
re-signed.( And he likely won't be )..and the team doesn't feel 2nd year T Chris Scott is better,,,he probably will be back, and start at RT. But if we say get a guy at Tackle in the draft in the first 2 rounds, then likely Flo won't be back. Or at least won't be starting.

I believe if Flo accepts a pay cut from the $5 million he's scheduled to make next season then he'll be back.

as for Willie Colon, if he comes back he can backup Flo and compete for the starting RG position. Tomlin even mentioned that he wouldn't rule out that possibility...

Oviedo
04-21-2011, 04:22 PM

I'm not sure the Steelers are going to be willing to pay him $5 million to do so however...

:Agree If the Steelers have confirmation the chances of them taking OL in Round 1 has just become about zero.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 04:28 PM

:Agree If the Steelers have confirmation the chances of them taking OL in Round 1 has just become about zero.

Why would it impact it at all? A 36 year old guy with 1 year left on his contact wants to come back and play this year. Great! But who would be manning that position in 2012 if we don't also sign Colon (and that's not looking good with all the money we'll be dishing out to Wood and Ike this year, and will need for Troy and Timmons next year). If one of the top 5 OT's falls to us, then take him, and have him learn for a year behind Hotel, then be ready to step in next year.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-21-2011, 04:38 PM
this is good news.

flozell coming back for a final season will have 0 impact on the steelers draft stategy.

SteelCrazy
04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
http://burgh.us/49e

Ed: Steelers Flozell Adams Plans to Play Thursday, 21 April 2011 13:49 Written by Ed Bouchette Tackle Flozell Adams, under contract to the Steelers through 2011, plans to play next season. There has been speculation on whether Adams, 36, will retire after playing last season with the Steelers. But his agent says that is not the case.

“Flo is planning on playing,’’ Jordan Woy told the Post-Gazette in an email today. “We will need to talk to Pitt (once lock out ends) and determine his role and if it will be with the Steelers.’’

In other words, Adams doesn’t want to be a backup. He wants to stay right where he was last season, as their starting right tackle. It’s no secret the Steelers will pursue a tackle in the draft next week, but that could work out perfectly for them. Adams could finish out his contract with the Steelers and start the 2011 season at right tackle, and any young tackle they might draft could have a year playing behind him.

My take: This is great news, I loved how Flo played last year and I think he still has it in him for next year. I think he was a big improvement over Colon, who I think is unfortunely done, damaged-goods.

Starks-Kemo-Pouncey- Rookie-Adams

If Kemo is still starting when we play ball again, I think I'll puke. I'd rather have Legs, although he blew a few assignments, is still way better than Kemo.

grotonsteel
04-21-2011, 05:49 PM

Why would it impact it at all? A 36 year old guy with 1 year left on his contact wants to come back and play this year. Great! But who would be manning that position in 2012 if we don't also sign Colon (and that's not looking good with all the money we'll be dishing out to Wood and Ike this year, and will need for Troy and Timmons next year). If one of the top 5 OT's falls to us, then take him, and have him learn for a year behind Hotel, then be ready to step in next year.

:Agree

People are also forgetting that Max Starks is also a Free Agent after 2012 and he will be looking for a big paycheck in Free Agency. Steelers don't have an OT after 2012 on the team unless Chris Scott and J Scott are considered long term solution at Tackle position.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 05:53 PM
I say sign the Old girl, she still looks Solid :wft

http://www.tinseltowntrash.com/images/holliday2.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I say sign the Old girl, she still looks Solid :wft

http://www.tinseltowntrash.com/images/holliday2.jpg

Kiss my grits, Flo. :wink:

http://hatchesmagazine.com/blogs/Flyosophy/files/2011/01/Flo1.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vCSIyT3cQxY/SdGODuohBPI/AAAAAAAAD2M/pNkwdMk1Yds/s320/Be_On_You_Lyrics_Video_Flo_Rida_ft_NeYO.jpg