PDA

View Full Version : Meet Ian Williams

steelerkeylargo
04-21-2011, 02:27 PM
http://thenationalfootballreport.com/20 ... -williams/ (http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/04/21/2011-nfl-draft-profile-ian-williams/)

steelblood
04-24-2011, 10:20 AM
keylargo,

can you discuss the NT class and how they compare to each other? Specifically, Taylor, Ellis, Powe, Williams, Fua and any other folks who could go in the first 5 rounds.

steelerkeylargo
04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
keylargo,

can you discuss the NT class and how they compare to each other? Specifically, Taylor, Ellis, Powe, Williams, Fua and any other folks who could go in the first 5 rounds.

This is really a good year for 3-4 Nose Tackles.

1) Taylor as most know is a first round talent. Men that size with his movement skills are extremely rare. He should be gone before the 1/31 slot.

2) Ellis is cut from cloth very similar to Vince Wilfork, the only knocks against him are level of competition and off the field issues. If he is still there at 2/63 I believe he will be the pick.

3) Powe is a boom or bust guy with a hot and cold motor. he has had weight issues and some question his desire for the game. He definitely has talent but I wouldn't take him before the 4th round.

4) Williams is another hot and cold motor guy. His gametape flashes good ability but inconsistent effort. However when I watched him during Senior Bowl week he was awesome, consistently living in the backfield. He has had some injury issues. Another guy I wouldn't take before the 4th round.

5) Fua is a guy that scouts either love or hate. Personally I like the guy quite a bit. He doesn't do anything great but he will outwork and outsmart his man most of the time. Fantastic motor and I would be ok taking him as high as the 3rd round.

6) Chris Neild- Neild is a guy who no one likes to give any credit too. However he has anchored WVU's 3-3-5 Defense and done it very well. I don't think he would ever be a long term answer but he is a Chris Hoke type guy who will be your back-up NT for ten years and do it well.

Other names to consider are

1) Jarvis Jenkins-some feel he can play 3-4 NT. I personally dont think its a great fit and see him as a John Henderson type player in a 4-3.

2) Jurrell Casey-this is an interesting prospect as his only drawbacks for the position are a lack of height and short arms. He has some technique issues to clean up but when I watch his tape he looks best at the zero technique, which is lined up directly over center.

3) Stephen Paea-some think Paea can play 3-4 NT. He has great natural strength and a good motor. For me he comes off the field too much. Why?? Conditioning?? Rotation?? I don't know, but I don't like it.