PDA

View Full Version : Trade Scenarios...Would you?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Since we are a week away and we all want to go up & down or just stay put...Let's look at some trades and see if you would or would not pull the trigger on. It would not be uncommon for the Steelers to move up to get their guy who is #1 at his position in an area of need. On the other side, look at two trade scenarios that go against what the Steelers have not done in recent years under Colbert.

Many of us are wanting Mike Pouncey and it is clear a move up is more than likely. So, if he clears the Giants at #19....Will Tomlin call his old freind Raheem Morris and offer a trade for #20. Colbert doesn't like trading future picks but there is a first time for everything.

Trade #1:
Bucs 1#20 for Steelers 1#31 & 2#63
Gives Steelers: Pouncey, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Trade #2:
Bucs 1#20 for Steelers 1#31, 3#95, 5#162 & 3(2012)
Gives Steelers: Pouncey, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th (No 3rd in 2012)

The other would be if Pouncey makes it to #25. There have been reports the Seahawks could look to move down because the do not have a 3rd round pick and they possibly could be looking at a late 1st QB.

Trade #3:
Seahawks 1#25 for Steelers 1#31 & 3#95
Gives Steelers: Pouncey, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Now, lets look at some trade down scenarios. It looks like there may be a late 1st leap frog for QBs for teams who passed early in round one. Names like Locker, Mallet, Dalton, & Ponder could still be on the board. Some teams with some type of history to the Steelers or Tomlin could be hoping that Colbert & Tomlin would have an open ear.

Trade #4:
Steelers 1#31 for Vikings 2#43, 4#106, & 5#150
Gives Steelers: (2)2nds, 3rd, (2)4ths, (2)5ths, 6th, 7th

Trade #5:
Steelers 1#31 for Cardinals 2#38 & 4#103
Gives Steelers: (2)2nds, 3rd, (2)4ths, 5th, 6th, 7th

Trade #6:
Steelers 1#31 for Bills 2#34 & 4#122

Trade #7:
Steelers 1#31 for 49ers 2#45, 4#108, & 4#115
Gives Steelers: (2)2nds, 3rd, (3)4ths, 5th, 6th, 7th

Trade #8:
Steelers 1#31 for Titans 2#39, 4#109, & 6#175
Gives Steelers: (2)2nds, 3rd, (2)4ths, 5th, (2)6ths, 7th

Trade #9:
Steelers 1#31 for Redskins 2#41, 5#144, 5#155, & 4(2012)
Gives Steelers: (2)2nds, 3rd, 4th, (3)5ths, 6th, 7th (2012 4th)

What is your reponse:
Trade #1: No. If we had free agency before draft, I would have said yes.
Trade #2: Yes. Regain 5th trading out of round 2. 3rd in 2012 not a concern.
Trade #3: Yes. This would be my favorite Trade up scenario.
Trade #4: Yes
Trade #5: Yes
Trade #6: Yes
Trade #7: Yes
Trade #8: Yes
Trade #9: Yes

Sugar
04-21-2011, 01:35 PM
No trade. I'm not that interested in getting Pouncey. If he were there at #31 and BPA at the time, then fine. Aside from that, not interested.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-21-2011, 01:37 PM
No trade. I'm not that interested in getting Pouncey. If he were there at #31 and BPA at the time, then fine. Aside from that, not interested.

He might be the best player on the board form 20 back.

birtikidis
04-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Alot of people weren't interested in Maurkice either. They wanted to draft guys that wouldn't have improved our team at all. The fact of the matter is that our defense is the best in the NFL and our QB is the most sacked in the NFL. Where do you see a need? I would trade as far up as Miami to get him.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Since we are a week away and we all want to go up & down or just stay put...Let's look at some trades and see if you would or would not pull the trigger on. It would not be uncommon for the Steelers to move up to get their guy who is #1 at his position in an area of need. On the other side, look at two trade scenarios that go against what the Steelers have not done in recent years under Colbert.

Many of us are wanting Mike Pouncey and it is clear a move up is more than likely. So, if he clears the Giants at #19....Will Tomlin call his old freind Raheem Morris and offer a trade for #20. Colbert doesn't like trading future picks but there is a first time for everything.

Trade #1:
Bucs 1#20 for Steelers 1#31 & 2#63
Gives Steelers: Pouncey, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Trade #2:
Bucs 1#20 for Steelers 1#31, 3#95, 5#162 & 3(2012)
Gives Steelers: Pouncey, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th (No 3rd in 2012)

The other would be if Pouncey makes it to #25. There have been reports the Seahawks could look to move down because the do not have a 3rd round pick and they possibly could be looking at a late 1st QB.

Trade #3:

Now, lets look at some trade down scenarios. It looks like there may be a late 1st leap frog for QBs for teams who passed early in round one. Names like Locker, Mallet, Dalton, & Ponder could still be on the board. Some teams with some type of history to the Steelers or Tomlin could be hoping that Colbert & Tomlin would have an open ear.

Trade #4:
Steelers 1#31 for Vikings 2#43, 4#106, & 5#150
Gives Steelers: (2)2nds, 3rd, (2)4ths, (2)5ths, 6th, 7th

Trade #5:
Steelers 1#31 for Cardinals 2#38 & 4#103

Trade #6:
Steelers 1#31 for Bills 2#34 & 4#122

Trade #7:
Steelers 1#31 for 49ers 2#45, 4#108, & 4#115
Gives Steelers: (2)2nds, 3rd, (3)4ths, 5th, 6th, 7th

Trade #8:
Steelers 1#31 for Titans 2#39, 4#109, & 6#175
Gives Steelers: (2)2nds, 3rd, (2)4ths, 5th, (2)6ths, 7th

Trade #9:
Steelers 1#31 for Redskins 2#41, 5#144, 5#155, & 4(2012)
Gives Steelers: (2)2nds, 3rd, 4th, (3)5ths, 6th, 7th (2012 4th)

What is your reponse:
Trade #1: No. If we had free agency before draft, I would have said yes.
Trade #2: Yes. Regain 5th trading out of round 2. 3rd in 2012 not a concern.
Trade #3: Yes. This would be my favorite Trade up scenario.
Trade #4: Yes
Trade #5: Yes
Trade #6: Yes
Trade #7: Yes
Trade #8: Yes
Trade #9: Yes

Well as it goes to Pouncey. I have heard that he is a possibility to Miami at 15...if you believe that. However, if Miami does not take him at 15, we have heard that the Giants may take him at 19. To me the most obvious choice for a trade up would be the New England Patriots. The Pats have the 17th pick and 28th pick in round 1. And word is that they would be more then open to trading one of them. Most likely the higher one cause they might be targeting someone they know they can get at 28. The Pats LOVE to acquire future first rounders. So, if Colbert really wanted Pouncey, and to keep his pick at 31 as well, he could trade our 2nd rounder at 63 ( point value of 276, and our 4th rounder ) plus next years number 1 pick for the Pats 17th pick. Take Pouncey. Then at 31,,,HOPE that we can deal with the 49ers, a team as of right now with 12 overall picks, and who will not likely use them all. Deal down from 31, and let them select a remaining QB, and they send us picks 45, 108,141 and 174...point total of 136, the difference between pick 45 and 31 is 140 Pts, so it's a fair deal. That way we can get Pouincey at 17, and still maybe address a DB like Aaron Williams or RAS I Dowling at 45. Or maybe a remaining Big D-linemen. And still have a 3rd and a 4th to use. As well as 2-5th and 2-6th rounders for depth.

Of course that would all depend if Colbert is willing to part with the 2012 1st rounder. If so, I think the Pats do it.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 01:49 PM
I'd trade 1.31 and 3.95 to Seattle for 1.25 in a heartbeat if Pouncey 2.0 somehow fell that far. Pair up the twins on our front line for the next decade, then come back and get a 6'1" 200 lbs. corner who runs a 4.4 forty in Davon House.

1.25 Mike Pouncey OG Florida
2.63 Davon House CB New Mexico State

As for tradedown scenarios, what about Jacksonville possible wanting to move up into the late 1st for one of those QB? 1.31 = 600 pts. while 2.49 (410) + 3.80 (190) = 600 pts.

We could possibly end up with two corners who are both 6'1" 200 lbs. and run a 4.4 forty (getting a clue yet about the type of corner I'm looking for?), plus our starting RG (and possible RT of the future), and potential future replacement for Casey Hampton.

2.49 Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
2.63 Marcus Cannon OG/OT TCU
3.80 Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton
3.95 Curtis Marsh CB Utah State

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 02:19 PM
I can tell you one thing for sure. If, and it's a BIG if, but if Gabe Carimi made it past picks 22 and 23 ( Indy and Philly )...and Carimi was still there at pick 25, I sure as hell would trade picks 31 & 95 for him to Seattle. The Seahawks don't have a 3rd rounder. And according to the below story, are looking perhaps to deal down to get a 3rd rounder.

You guys can preach this guy, or that guy. But Carimi to me is the BEST Pure Tackle in this draft. I like him way better then Smith from USC. Or Castonzo.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6704 ... irst-round (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/670421-nfl-draft-rumors-mark-ingram-ryan-mallett-marvin-austin-and-top-draft-buzz/entry/65874-nfl-draft-rumors-2011-seattle-seahawks-looking-to-trade-out-of-the-first-round)

steeler_george
04-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I would not against tradeing up for Pouncey II. Could be a good marketing gimic. Its Mike's fault for putting up such a good combine.

He is going to be good no doubts about it, but is a Guard worth the price? If we were to trade up I could see us trading up for a tackle, LB, DL.

I think, at 31 we could still trade back in the second and still not stray from our Big Board of BPA and at the same time getting more picks. We only have 7 picks this year, kind of unuasual for us to have that few.

With that said I am in down with trading back, and grabing our starting RG Cannon.

pittpete
04-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Nope, we've been to 2 superbowls with this hodge-podge ragged O-line.
M.Pouncey at center should make those around him better moving forward.
Keep the picks and draft defense.

flippy
04-21-2011, 02:26 PM
No way I'd ever trade a 2nd or 3rd or 4th to go up and get a guard in round 1. It's really a dime a dozen position that doesn't add enough value. And there's so much talent to be had in rounds 2-4. I'd want more picks, not less.

I'd take #6 scenario in a heartbeat. Barely drop and pick up an extra 4th sounds great. Depending on who's on the board at 31 of course.

Oviedo
04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
No way I'd ever trade a 2nd or 3rd or 4th to go up and get a guard in round 1. It's really a dime a dozen position that doesn't add enough value. And there's so much talent to be had in rounds 2-4. I'd want more picks, not less.

I'd take #6 scenario in a heartbeat. Barely drop and pick up an extra 4th sounds great. Depending on who's on the board at 31 of course.

:Agree We are talking about a Guard not a future LT. The 2nd Round is loaded with good Guards who will be as effective as Pouncey as part of the OL UNIT.

It is about how the OL play as a unit not individual performance.

Remember Pouncey II < Pouncey I.

Sugar
04-21-2011, 04:17 PM

This= $$$

Draft Defense please, or if you must, give us another weapon on Offense. No trading up for a Guard.

focosteeler
04-21-2011, 04:20 PM

This= $$$

Draft Defense please, or if you must, give us another weapon on Offense. No trading up for a Guard.

this is what i am starting to think, on the offense i feel like we have what we need. While the offense has its old guys the defense is much older all around. get a few young guys for the D

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I think many are not putting enough value on interior lineman. I see the game differently than fantasy players and box score watchers. Any coach or GM will tell you the teams are built on the lines. There is only one position that trumpts a lineman and that is a QB when you need him. When you have multiple players graded out the same, you go with the lineman. When it is a need, you go get him. The last time the Steelers offensive line was regarded as a dominant OL across the NFL...The had 3 first round picks playing the interior spots. You can never go wrong plugging in 1st round talent on an OL.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
I think many are not putting enough value on interior lineman. I see the game differently than fantasy players and box score watchers. Any coach or GM will tell you the teams are built on the lines. There is only one position that trumpts a lineman and that is a QB when you need him. When you have multiple players graded out the same, you go with the lineman. When it is a need, you go get him. The last time the Steelers offensive line was regarded as a dominant OL across the NFL...The had 3 first round picks playing the interior spots. You can never go wrong plugging in 1st round talent on an OL.

I understand your point. But the fact remains that good, to great Guards can be had later in the draft. Okay, if we had a pick in the 15-18 range I could see us selecting him there cause it wouldn't cost us any of our remaining draft picks. But the point I think they were making is why sacrafice most of our draft picks to get a Guard, when a completely viable guard can be had later on in the draft, just as good. Or close ?

BTW, look at the past 10 SB winners. How many of them on their O-line had starting guards who were 1st round picks ? I'll wait for a answer. Thanks.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-21-2011, 05:21 PM

I understand your point. But the fact remains that good, to great Guards can be had later in the draft. Okay, if we had a pick in the 15-18 range I could see us selecting him there cause it wouldn't cost us any of our remaining draft picks. But the point I think they were making is why sacrafice most of our draft picks to get a Guard, when a completely viable guard can be had later on in the draft, just as good. Or close ?

BTW, look at the past 10 SB winners. How many of them on their O-line had starting guards who were 1st round picks ? I'll wait for a answer. Thanks.

Fact remains, we haven't found good to great G...Have we? Everyone was just fine with Pouncey #18 after they saw his impact. If you statement was true, G & C wouldn't be drafted in the 1st and I fail to believe you are more competent than 32 teams that do it every year. We have a roster full of "viable, just as good or close" G that you suggest would have turned into a solid starter. It must be working well because this conversation has come up every draft since Faneca left. Good argument you made.

StarSpangledSteeler
04-21-2011, 05:23 PM
I'd trade 1.31 and 3.95 to Seattle for 1.25 in a heartbeat if Pouncey 2.0 somehow fell that far. Pair up the twins on our front line for the next decade, then come back and get a 6'1" 200 lbs. corner who runs a 4.4 forty in Davon House.

1.25 Mike Pouncey OG Florida
2.63 Davon House CB New Mexico State

As for tradedown scenarios, what about Jacksonville possible wanting to move up into the late 1st for one of those QB? 1.31 = 600 pts. while 2.49 (410) + 3.80 (190) = 600 pts.

We could possibly end up with two corners who are both 6'1" 200 lbs. and run a 4.4 forty (getting a clue yet about the type of corner I'm looking for?), plus our starting RG (and possible RT of the future), and potential future replacement for Casey Hampton.

2.49 Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
2.63 Marcus Cannon OG/OT TCU
3.80 Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton
3.95 Curtis Marsh CB Utah State

Both of your scenarios are "exquisite" (that's the best adjective I could come up with). Both focus on our top priorities with "value" selections. Right now, the Steelers don't need a bunch of young depth. We need marquee players. Upgrades to turn our weaknesses in to strengths (immediately). We can taste the Super Bowl. Let's fill the plate.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 05:28 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":20nypxt7]I think many are not putting enough value on interior lineman. I see the game differently than fantasy players and box score watchers. Any coach or GM will tell you the teams are built on the lines. There is only one position that trumpts a lineman and that is a QB when you need him. When you have multiple players graded out the same, you go with the lineman. When it is a need, you go get him. The last time the Steelers offensive line was regarded as a dominant OL across the NFL...The had 3 first round picks playing the interior spots. You can never go wrong plugging in 1st round talent on an OL.

First off, Centers, at least GREAT ones are worth their weight in Gold. Nobody disputed Maurkice Pouncey's value in last years draft. Show me one expert who didn't have him rated in their top-20. Centers are the CAPTAINS of the O-line. They call out the singles and make blocking calls at the line. As a Center, Mike Pouncey was at best AVERAGE this year. Yes he will make a better guard in the league. But as Guards go in this draft, would you call Mike another, say Alan Faneca ? ( Don't think so )

And how about answering my question. As it goes to the Packers, Saints, Giants, Colts or the Pats,,,name ONE of them that had their SB teams led by a 1st round Guard....waiting!

Fact remains, we haven't found good to great G...Have we? Everyone was just fine with Pouncey #18 after they saw his impact. If you statement was true, G & C wouldn't be drafted in the 1st and I fail to believe you are more competent than 32 teams that do it every year. We have a roster full of "viable, just as good or close" G that you suggest would have turned into a solid starter. It must be working well because this conversation has come up every draft since Faneca left. Good argument you made.[/quote:20nypxt7]

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Okay forget Mike Pouncey. Say we keep 31 Now say come in round 2, all these players are suspected of going from 40-56 are all there at 56 when the Saints pick, would you agree to send picks 63 and our 4th rounder at 128 ( Sainst don't have a 4th, and it is reported they want to get one )....and these players are all on the board still for whatever reason

1) Ras I Dowling
2) Jon Baldwin
3) Derek Sherrod
4) Ben Ijalana
5) Stephen Paea
6) Someone else

Would you trade the 63rd and 128th to move up ? And for whom ?

grotonsteel
04-21-2011, 05:51 PM

:Agree We are talking about a Guard not a future LT. The 2nd Round is loaded with good Guards who will be as effective as Pouncey as part of the OL UNIT.

:Agree

grotonsteel
04-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Okay forget Mike Pouncey. Say we keep 31 Now say come in round 2, all these players are suspected of going from 40-56 are all there at 56 when the Saints pick, would you agree to send picks 63 and our 4th rounder at 128 ( Sainst don't have a 4th, and it is reported they want to get one )....and these players are all on the board still for whatever reason

1) Ras I Dowling
2) Jon Baldwin
3) Derek Sherrod
4) Ben Ijalana
5) Stephen Paea
6) Someone else

I would trade up for Ras-I-Dowling in a heart beat.

flippy
04-21-2011, 05:59 PM

I'd only consider trading up for a LT - because great ones are so few and far between. Any other OLine position is a reach to fill a short term need over building the best roster possible over the long term.

The bottom line is we've seen the formula of QB + Defense wins championships over and over. Give me 2 defenders with potential in the first 2 rounds instead of 1 G.

And I'm with you on the value in the trenches. That's where football happens. But the key is how hard is it to get a guy for a particular position. So I'd put a premium on QBs, Tackles, DLine, CBs, TEs, and LBs ahead of interior linemen. Because there's always gonna be a guy in the later rounds who can perform at a high level.

I know this is heresy to say around here, but we might be ok with the OLinemen that we've got under Koogs. That unit made great strides down the stretch and they're only gonna get better. Granted we need eventual replacement tackles and that may even be more important long term than getting a guard imho.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM

1) Ras I Dowling
2) Jon Baldwin
3) Derek Sherrod
4) Ben Ijalana
5) Stephen Paea
6) Someone else

I'd do it for Sherrod (if we took a DB in the first) or Dowling (if we took an OL in the first).

flippy
04-21-2011, 06:18 PM

1) Ras I Dowling
2) Jon Baldwin
3) Derek Sherrod
4) Ben Ijalana
5) Stephen Paea
6) Someone else

I'd consider it for Dowling, Paea, or Sherrod in that order.

Dowling and Paea are sure fire 1st rounders except for injuries. Heck, one of these 2 could be the best player on our draft board in the first round for all we know.

Sherrod is intriguing. He's got all the natural talent in the world and just needs some coaching/polish which Koogs could give him. And he'd have time to develop a la Ziggy.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 06:24 PM
And he'd have time to develop a la Ziggy.

Have you tried Chicken a la Ziggy? Fabulous. And Veal a la Ziggy? To die for. :wink:

flippy
04-21-2011, 06:32 PM

Have you tried Chicken a la Ziggy? Fabulous. And Veal a la Ziggy? To die for. :wink:

Those are great, but tonight I'm keeping it simple - Baked Ziggy with some Apple Pie a la Ziggy that my wife made. :)

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 06:36 PM

Those are great, but tonight I'm keeping it simple - Baked Ziggy with some Apple Pie a la Ziggy that my wife made. :)

And an extra long chili cheese coney.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7227&view=next

focosteeler
04-21-2011, 07:31 PM

1) Ras I Dowling
2) Jon Baldwin
3) Derek Sherrod
4) Ben Ijalana
5) Stephen Paea
6) Someone else

I'd do it for Sherrod (if we took a DB in the first) or Dowling (if we took an OL in the first).
:Agree

birtikidis
04-21-2011, 09:10 PM

how did your last years draft analysis pan out? Still want Spiller and think Maurkice was too high of a pick?

birtikidis
04-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Someone who gets it! Y'all need to stop with the fantasy football crap already.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 09:42 PM

We do get it, do you ? Show me anywhere that says a 1st round Guard is the difference between a so-so team, and a SB winning team. I have only asked this question like 5 times already. And the dude just Ignores me cause he knows he is wrong. Just like you know you are. Yes solid Interior play IS very Important. But that facts are, trading our 31-63-95-128 picks JUST to move up and get what draft pundits call the best Guard in this years draft is Nuts! It may not be Nuts to select a Guard in the first round IF he is already there at your original pick in round 1, but deal up for that position is ridiculous.

Especially when you, or anyone else here can't put forth any sort of argument that shows where Mike Pouncey is all that greater then say a player like John Moffitt. Or Marcus Cannon. or Ben Ijalana, ect. And we can get ALL those guys in the 2nd, or even later in the draft. And they have the percentages of doing JUST as good as Pouncey ever could for us.

Flasteel
04-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Trade #3:

This is the ticket!! :tt2

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Trade #3:

I would do that for Gabe Carimi if he were still there. But not for a Guard who is rather weak, and certainly no better then 5 other players I can name who we can get in the later rounds. So the answer is NO to Pouncey :owned

Flasteel
04-21-2011, 10:04 PM

We do get it, do you ? Show me anywhere that says a 1st round Guard is the difference between a so-so team, and a SB winning team. I have only asked this question like 5 times already. And the dude just Ignores me cause he knows he is wrong. Just like you know you are. Yes solid Interior play IS very Important. But that facts are, trading our 31-63-95-128 picks JUST to move up and get what draft pundits call the best Guard in this years draft is Nuts! It may not be Nuts to select a Guard in the first round IF he is already there at your original pick in round 1, but deal up for that position is ridiculous.

Especially when you, or anyone else here can't put forth any sort of argument that shows where Mike Pouncey is all that greater then say a player like John Moffitt. Or Marcus Cannon. or Ben Ijalana, ect. And we can get ALL those guys in the 2nd, or even later in the draft. And they have the percentages of doing JUST as good as Pouncey ever could for us.

Here's the deal brother. None of us are pulling the trigger. If Colbert and Tomlin feel Pouncey is worth a 3rd rounder (or whatever) to move up, then they they make the move if they can find a dance partner.

For you to say that an interior lineman isn't worth that, is nothing less than a faulty blanket statement. If you think that Pouncey is on par with those other guys you mentioned, then you would be alone in that thought...not a single draft evaluator agrees with that assessment. I also coached against these guys in high school and I can tell you that along with Chris Rainey, they were the main reason Lakeland won 3 consecutive state titles...you just don't do that in our neck of the woods.

I think Pouncey is worth giving up a 3rd rounder and the improvement we saw from his twin brother last year is all the proof I need. Then again, I'm not the one calling the shots either. :D

Flasteel
04-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Trade #3:

I would do that for Gabe Carimi if he were still there. But not for a Guard who is rather weak, and certainly no better then 5 other players I can name who we can get in the later rounds. So the answer is NO to Pouncey :owned

Owned? Your screen name seems rather appropriate if you think you have the slightest chance of "owning" me. :D

Sugar
04-21-2011, 10:12 PM
The question is... "Would you?" I would not. There is no situation where I would trade anything or anyone to get Pouncey or any other Guard in this years draft. If he happens to be there and nobody more highly rated is- great, go get him. Aside from that? Not interested.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 10:14 PM

Here's the deal brother. None of us are pulling the trigger. If Colbert and Tomlin feel Pouncey is worth a 3rd rounder (or whatever) to move up, then they they make the move if they can find a dance partner.

For you to say that an interior lineman isn't worth that, is nothing less than a faulty blanket statement. If you think that Pouncey is on par with those other guys you mentioned, then you would be alone in that thought...not a single draft evaluator agrees with that assessment. I also coached against these guys in high school and I can tell you that along with Chris Rainey, they were the main reason Lakeland won 3 consecutive state titles...you just don't do that in our neck of the woods.

I think Pouncey is worth giving up a 3rd rounder and the improvement we saw from his twin brother last year is all the proof I need. Then again, I'm not the one calling the shots either. :D

I agree that the PUNDITS list Pouncey as the best C/G in this draft. I also can show you in every draft from say 1995 to 2005 where the top rated Guard in those drafts ended up NOT being the top Guard in that drafts years later. And none of those top-rated Guards ever led their team to a Super Bowl either. I remember back in 2007, The Ravens selected the TOP Guard in Ben Grubbs in round 1, and then took another guard in round 4, a player named Marshall Yanda. A very good Iowa guard, but was not the number 1 rated guard that the likes of Todd Mcshay and Mel Kiper were " CREAMING " all over themselves about him. But the fact was, Yanda was so much better then Grubbs. Yanda was their starter from day one making an immediate Impact. As where Grubbs struggled for 2 years, and is now their RG, and is their weak link as it goes to their O-Line. As where Yanda will be one of the TOP Free agents this year.

Look, if we were in desperate need of a QB, or a top level D-Linemen, then I could see trading up for those likes. But to trade up for a Guard, who can ONLY ever be a guard is just plain stupid.

birtikidis
04-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Really? This draft there isn't a Jake Long or Joe Thomas. I look at all these tackles this year and NONE Of them would be top three in other draft years.
You're courses at CB are an oft injured Ros I Dowling and a "better at safety" Williams. Think THAT will make an impact? Seriously?
I also look at our guard spot. Many people point fingers at our corners and say they lost the super bowl for us. I disagree. I think a blown block on a pick 6 is what lost us the game. It set the tone. and most of you think that was our best game of the season. How mnay knuckle head plays did Kemo make this year that COST us. When y'all start whining that our qb gets hurt and can't play more than a handful of games in a season because he's always getting hit... remember you were fine with an UDFA TACKLE playing guard.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Tackles are a hit or miss proposition. But they are extremely valuable. That's why they get paid what they do. Yes I agree we need a Guard. Not because of Kemo per se. Even though his Hot Head hurts us at times. No, we need one cause Colon will not be back next season. And Foster IS a very weak link there. Foster never played the gurad in college, and it just wasn't right. But a TRUE College Guard with experience and strength would be a good thing for us. Now, we could take one who also has experience at Tackle as well. Like Cannon or Carpenter. But make no mistake, Mike Pouncey can NEVER fill in at Tackle,,,that's something ALL the experts say. Now, show me where, and why you think Mike is so much better then say John Moffitt. Or say a Zach Hurd ? Both very accomplished Guards with resumes every bit as good as Mike Pouncey.

birtikidis
04-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Tackles are a hit or miss proposition. But they are extremely valuable. That's why they get paid what they do. Yes I agree we need a Guard. Not because of Kemo per se. Even though his Hot Head hurts us at times. No, we need one cause Colon will not be back next season. And Foster IS a very weak link there. Foster never played the gurad in college, and it just wasn't right. But a TRUE College Guard with experience and strength would be a good thing for us. Now, we could take one who also has experience at Tackle as well. Like Cannon or Carpenter. But make no mistake, Mike Pouncey can NEVER fill in at Tackle,,,that's something ALL the experts say. Now, show me where, and why you think Mike is so much better then say John Moffitt. Or say a Zach Hurd ? Both very accomplished Guards with resumes every bit as good as Mike Pouncey.
Because I've watched every single game Mike has ever played in. I KNOW how good he is. And those that think he's inferior to his brother... Those are the people I can tell have never seen him play.

insanesteelersfan
04-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Because I've watched every single game Mike has ever played in. I KNOW how good he is. And those that think he's inferior to his brother... Those are the people I can tell have never seen him play.

Well then I can tell you that you never seen Ras I Dowling play...Oft-Injured ? The dude never missed a single game til this season. How is that Oft-injured ? Also you never seen Aaron Williams play cause he can play CB as good as anyone in this draft. And he is the best play maker I have ever seen. Even if,,,,,IF he was moved to Safety, I can tell you as a potential safety he is far and away better then Troy was when he came out of USC....who you also obviously never seen play. Cause if you did, you must have been screaming that Troy was a terrible pick cause TROY was definitely Oft-Injured while at USC.
But I don't think you will see alot of Steeler fans saying we screwed up that selection, will you ?

birtikidis
04-22-2011, 12:04 AM

Well then I can tell you that you never seen Ras I Dowling play...Oft-Injured ? The dude never missed a single game til this season. How is that Oft-injured ? Also you never seen Aaron Williams play cause he can play CB as good as anyone in this draft. And he is the best play maker I have ever seen. Even if,,,,,IF he was moved to Safety, I can tell you as a potential safety he is far and away better then Troy was when he came out of USC....who you also obviously never seen play. Cause if you did, you must have been screaming that Troy was a terrible pick cause TROY was definitely Oft-Injured while at USC.
But I don't think you will see alot of Steeler fans saying we screwed up that selection, will you ?
I was all for Troy. Because I remember how bad Lee Flowers was. And I wouldn't put ANY of these corners in Revis's class. Not one. SO, just becuase ALL of them are above average, does that make them definite first round picks? I would rather get a guy that I KNOW is going to be a HUGE upgrade and is a can't miss player in Pouncey then the best of a sub par class.
that's the problem with this years draft. As soon as Luck pulled out there isn't a guy that is far and away better then anyone else. there is a TON of depth and it's not seperated by a whole lot.

Flasteel
04-22-2011, 12:08 AM
I think it's pretty ridiculous to be arguing about who we think the Steelers should draft based on our own analysis. Nobody on this board will be in our war room and I fully trust our front office and coaching staff with the top pick. Our college scouting department knows far more than any of us do about any one of the possible picks. We can all have our preferences, but the fact remains that we don't know dick. Draft history suggests most of the professionals don't either. :D

That said, I agree with Birt and all others who would trade up for Pouncey. :tt2

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 12:18 AM
I think it's pretty ridiculous to be arguing about who we think the Steelers should draft based on our own analysis. Nobody on this board will be in our war room and I fully trust our front office and coaching staff with the top pick. Our college scouting department knows far more than any of us do about any one of the possible picks. We can all have our preferences, but the fact remains that we don't know dick. Draft history suggests most of the professionals don't either. :D

That said, I agree with Birt and all others who would trade up for Pouncey. :tt2

I know one thing, Mike this past season was called for 16 penalties, second on the line to 17 by their RG. Mike had 11 last season playing with his Brother. Know how many Maurkice had that season ?...ZERO. And he had 4 total at Florida. Mike had 27 the past 2 years...can't miss ?...I hardly think so. Mike was owned in several games I PERSONALLY watched last season. Like I said, have no problem taking him at 31. But to trade practically our entire draft ?......ridiculous!!

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 12:36 AM
He can have his opinion yes. But he is NOT a draft scout or expert. And neither am I. However this guy...Tom Melton is perhaps the NFL's leading and respected college scout. He really gets into his explainations like no other NFL Scout I have ever seen on the internet. Also Tom is exclusively a scout for the SEC the past 7 years. Here;s his EXPERT opinion.

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/ ... ng-report/ (http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/2011/04/17/mike-pouncey-ogoc-florida-scouting-report/)

Flasteel
04-22-2011, 12:37 AM

I know one thing, Mike this past season was called for 16 penalties, second on the line to 17 by their RG. Mike had 11 last season playing with his Brother. Know how many Maurkice had that season ?...ZERO. And he had 4 total at Florida. Mike had 27 the past 2 years...can't miss ?...I hardly think so. Mike was owned in several games I PERSONALLY watched last season. Like I said, have no problem taking him at 31. But to trade practically our entire draft ?......ridiculous!!

There you go with that term "owned" again. I can guarantee you that you didn't watch a single game where he got "owned". I watched all of them. While Pouncey definitely had some problems transitioning to center (most notably his shotgun snaps), he is stout at the point of attack and the general consensus is he's a little stronger and nastier than Maurkice. I'm sure there are areas, such as technique where Maurkice is better, but again any differences between these guys is slight.

Virtually the same athleticism, ability to get to the second-level, intelligence, work ethic and he's a year older than when his brother came out. Time will tell, but I'll be happy if we can get him anywhere from 25 on up.

Shawn
04-22-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm interested in Pouncey but not if it costs us a draft pick thick with DB talent in the second and third rounds.

Would I rather have Pouncey

or Heyward and Devon House

or Aaron Williams and Christian Ballard?

Either of the last two.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-22-2011, 09:57 AM

Don't think you could educate me on anything that has to do with football by telling me who a C is. If you don't know the importance of a G in the Steelers system, you don't understand why Faneca was so good either. And don't call me out because I didn't anwser you and put "JUST" in you posts to refer to me. If you want to act like a B!tch I will treat you like one. I post in here are during the day. Don't run your mouth because I step away until the next day and think you won anything but a beat down when I come back.

You sit here and argue, "Show me how a G gets a team a SB", but like I said, excluding QB...Show me a position that does? There something to do while your "waiting". There's isn't a formula. But there is layout for what the Steelers need with this current core to continue on their run. They need a new starting G and starting CB. The 4th or 5th best CB in this draft is far from a lock to succeed and possibly might not even be a CB at the next level. If there was a CB in reach who could fill this need, I would be all for it. But there is the Top rated G who might be in reach. You go get him if you think he is your guy. When Colberts said, "Identical" about Mike Pouncey...I would say they know who Mike Pouncey is.

Who said giving up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd , & 4th to move up? It's obvious you don't know who Mike Pouncey is when you say guys like Moffit, Cannon are as good as Pouncey. That right there shows your knowledge and evaluation skills. I'm a big Ijalana fan and would actually have no problem with him at #31. I would take Cannon in the 2nd but wouldn't touch Moffit. If you can sit there after you see what Mike Pouncey did next to his brother in 2009 at G and say those guys above have the same percentage chance of success at G...You are just a troll like your post count indicates. Your best logic is because of Pouncey's penalty count. Hmmm...Yes. What a good argument. Thers it is folks...a break through. I can't believe Mayock and Brandt & all the talent evaluators have let that get by them and put Pouncey as Top 25 talent by what he has done on the field at Florida without any regard to his penalty count. They missed the penalties and that makes him as good as a 2nd. 3rd, or 4th rounder in your book. If they would have only saw what you saw...They would have not made a fool of themselves. You trivial attempts to educate us all is absolutely amazing.

Mike Pouncey isn't as good as his brother at C. Never said that. He struggled early but came on late after his position change. BUT...Mike Pouncey is as good as any of the G propects I have seen come out since Faneca. You can't teach his physical abilities. It is rare to see that much body control of a man that size in transition. Thankfully, the Steelers has one of those rare breeds they picked #18 last year. He gets to the 2nd level and down field as well as him brother. He hits his targets, plays through the whistle, and plays with a nasty attitude. He understands leverage, angles, and hand placement. to summarize him...He doesn't need to be coached up...Just Like his brother last year...And is an immediate "plug & play" OL who will anchor this OL for the next 10 years. Will he be a Probowler? I would say yes. Is he a sure thing? I will go on record and say yes. If you can't see that....You don't know football. You should move on to nfl.com and sign up for fantasy football. That is the league where you succeed with the players who give you the stats.

I'm glad in your other response you mentioned the Packers, Saints, Giants, Colts or the Pats. See anything in common with those teams??? So you are telling me if you stuck a 1st round G on any of those teams and took away their 1st rounder in the same year...They wouldn't be listed as SB winners??? That would have been the difference and they would have not got to the SB. Wake up and smell what you are shoveling. The common factor on all those teams including the Steelers is the QB & coaching. If that was your argument, you would be right. Next point.

So what position is your argument? Who or what is the position that makes a SB winner that you keep talking about? Give them to me so we could all see THAT is what made the difference with the past SB winners. Tell us who he is at #31? Who is you pick at #31 or trade up scenarios that will be our savior and get us back to the pronise land? Who??? There is something else for you to ponder on while you "wait".

And since you seem to be a man /scratch that/ Boy of numbers........And I know you just ran your mouth instead of doing your research before you opened your mouth & inserted your foot....I looked at the drafts since 1995. We will us that time frame to cover the SB winners since you keep referring to. When you see the list, you can EASILY say that the ones chose in the last 6 years will help their team win a SB. Out of 560 players, 21 have been interior OL. That's less than 4% of the players selected. That means in the last 16 drafts, a team would have selected an interior OL .6% of the time. Using that number out of the 32 teams that tried to get to the SB since 1995...That is a very small number to try to make your argument on. What's the chances a SB winner would have selected an interior player??? Out of that 4%, 24% of them currently or at some point helped their team win a SB. Hmmm...What does that foot taste like? I will even give you this list little boy. This is interior OL...Gs & Cs. Does any of these players look familiar or have you maybe heard of them at some point in their career?

Rueben Brown
Pete Kendall
Jeff Hartings
Jermaine Mayberry
Chris Naeole
Alan Faneca
Tarik Glenn
Luke Petigout
LEonard Davis
Steve Hutchinson
Kendall Simmons
Jeff Faine
Chris Spencer
Logan Mankins
Davin Joseph
NIch Mangold
Ben Grubbs
Alex Mack
Eric Wood
Mike Iupati
Mike Pouncey

5 on that list won SB. If you look at the current crop combined with free agency, I would say easily at some point in time you will be able to add another 3-4 to that list. 24% now & that could balloon to 33%-38%. You want more impressive numbers??? 86% of them helped their teams to the playoffs. 43% of them played in the SB. Look at this list dumb a$$...How man Probowls or future Probowlers are on it????? What is the success rate of a G or C who grades out in the first round and is selected???? Impressive numbers in favor of my argument. Very bad for you. You can pick you panties up at the front desk when you leave!

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 11:04 AM

Don't think you could educate me on anything that has to do with football by telling me who a C is. If you don't know the importance of a G in the Steelers system, you don't understand why Faneca was so good either. And don't call me out because I didn't anwser you and put JUST in you posts. If you want to act like a B!tch I will treat you like one. My post in here are during the day. Don't run your mouth because I step away until the next day and think you won anything but a beat down when I come back.

You sit here and argue show you how a G gets a team a SB but like I said, excluding QB...Show me a position that does? There something to do while your "waiting". There's isn't a formula. But there is layout for what the Steelers need with this current core to continue on their run. They need a new starting G and starting CB. The 4th or 5th best CB in this draft is far from a lock to succeed and possibly might not even be a CB at the next level. If there was a CB in reach who could fill this need, I would be all for it. But there is the Top rated G who might be in reach. You go get him if you think he is your guy. When Colberts said, "Identical"...I would say they know who Mike Pouncey is.

Who said giving up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd , & 4th to move up? It's obvious you don't know who Mike Pouncey is when you say guys like Moffit, Cannon are as good as Pouncey. That right there show you knowledge and evaluation. I'm a big Ijalana fan and would actually have no problem with him at #31. I would take Cannon in the 2nd but wouldn't touch Moffit. If you can sit there after you see what Mike Pouncey did next to his brother in 2009 at G and say those guys above have the same percentge chance of success...You are just a troll like your post count indicates. You best logic is because of Pouncey's penalty count. Hmmm...Yes. What a good argument. That is a break through. I can't believe Mayock and Brandt & all the talent evaluators have let that get by them and put Pouncey as Top 25 talent by what he has done on the field at Florida. They missed the penalties and that makes him as good as a 2nd. 3rd, or 4th rounder. You trivial attempts to educate us all is absolutely amazing.

Mike Pouncey isn't as good as his brother at C. Never said that. He struggled early but came on late after his position change. BUT...Mike Pouncey is as good as any of the G propects I have seen come out since Faneca. You can't teach his physical abilities. It is rare to see that much body control of a man that size in transition. Thankfully, the Steelers has one of those rare breeds they picked #18 last year. He gets to the 2nd level and down field as well as him brother. He hits his targets, plays through the whistle, and plays with a nasty attitude. He understands leverage, angles, and hand placement. to summarize him...He doesn't need to be coached up...Like his brother...And is an immediate "plug & play" OL who will ancor for the next 10 years. Will he be a Probowler? I would say yes. Is he a sure thing? I will go on record and say yes. If you can't see that....You don't know football. You should move on to nfl.com and sign up for fantasy football. That is the league where you succeed with the players who give you the stats.

I'm glad in your other response you mentioned the Packers, Saints, Giants, Colts or the Pats. See anything in common with those teams??? So you are telling me if you stuck and 1st round G on any of those teams and took away their 1st rounder in the same year...The wouldn't be listed as SB winners??? Wake up and smell what you are shoveling. The factor on all those teams including the Steelers is the QB. If that was your argument, you would be right. Next point.

So what position is your argument? Who or what is the position that makes a SB winner that you keep talking about? Give them to me so we could all see THAT is what made the difference with the past SB winners. Tell us who he is at #31? Who is you pick at #31 or trade up scenarios that will be our savior and get us back to the pronise land? Who??? There is something else for you to ponder on while you wait.

And since you seem to be a man /scratch that/ Boy of numbers........And I know you just ran your mouth instead of doing your research before you opened your mouth & inserted your foot....I looked at the drafts since 1995. We will us sice then to cover the SB winners since you keep referring to. When you see the list, you can EASILY say that the ones chose in the last 6 years will help their team win a SB. Out of 560 players, 21 have been interior OL. That's less than 4% of the players selected. So that is 4% of players selected. That means in the last 16 drafts, a team would have selected an interior OL .6% of the time. Out of the 32 teams that tried to get to the SB since 1995...That is a very small number to try to make your argument on. What's the chances a SB winner would have selected an interior player??? Out of that 4%, 24% of them currently or at some point helped their team win a SB. Hmmm...What does that foot taste like? I will even give you this list little boy. This is interior OL. Does any of these players look familiar or have you maybe heard of them at some point in their career?

Rueben Brown
Pete Kendall
Jeff Hartings
Jermaine Mayberry
Chris Naeole
Alan Faneca
Tarik Glenn
Luke Petigout
LEonard Davis
STeve Hutchinson
Kendall Simmons
Jeff Faine
Chris Spencer
Logan Mankins
Davin Joseph
NIch Mangold
Ben Grubbs
Alex Mack
Eric Wood
Mike Iupati
Mike Pouncey

5 on that list won SB. If you look at the current crop combined with free agency, I would say easily at some point in time you will be able to add another 3-4 to that list. 24% now that will balloon to 33%-38%. You want more impressive numbers??? 86% of them helped their teams to the playoffs. 43% of them played in the SB. Look at this list dumb a$$...How man Probowls or future Probowlers are on it????? What is the success rate of a G who grades out in the first round and is selected???? You can pick you panties up at the front desk when you leave!

You know you could be an english teacher, except you just can't understand PLAIN english. I agree that Mike is a good player with alot of skills in certain areas. But you seem to think he is ALL WORLD without any. You seem to think, or disregard the fact that Mike gets knocked off his feet alot this season. You seem to think that his 16 penalties this season alone was a bad dream, and you don't wanna acknowledge them. And as for your list below of players, please name the 5 who started, and wona SB please. I know Faneca did. But he was a weak link on our O-Line the past few years, and Stats.Inc had him graded out as a average NFL Guard. But name all of them please.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-22-2011, 11:33 AM
You know you could be an english teacher, except you just can't understand PLAIN english. I agree that Mike is a good player with alot of skills in certain areas. But you seem to think he is ALL WORLD without any. You seem to think, or disregard the fact that Mike gets knocked off his feet alot this season. You seem to think that his 16 penalties this season alone was a bad dream, and you don't wanna acknowledge them. And as for your list below of players, please name the 5 who started, and wona SB please. I know Faneca did. But he was a weak link on our O-Line the past few years, and Stats.Inc had him graded out as a average NFL Guard. But name all of them please.

That's it??? That's your rebuttal??? "I could be an English teacher, I can't understand plain English" "You seem to think, You seem to think" That has to be the biggest internet stutter I have ever read. FYI... watch the prospects. There is no other G in this draft close to Pouncey right now. The next best is Watkins. Priceless you made the refernce to Stats.Inc. That was like a junky getting caught with a syringe in his pocket. Faneca was the weak link on our line. That says it all right there. That warm feeling you just got in your underwear is your Credibility. I'm done with you & wouldn't be surprised if everyone else was. You should get a new support screen name cause you just killed this one. I just hope someday we figure out your primary screen name in here so you could $hit your pants on that one too.

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 11:44 AM
FYI... watch the prospects. There is no other G in this draft close to Pouncey right now. The next best is Watkins. Priceless you made the refernce to Stats.Inc.

Really, watch the prospects huh ? Hey guy, let me ask you something, can you read ? Do you know the difference between " Consensus " and " UNANIMOUS " ? You see consensus means that if there are say, 10 different college awards for the best at a certain position, and a player is awarded the BEST on say 6 of those 10, THAT is a consensus. However...UNANIMOUS means that said Player was regarded the BEST at his position by every single solitary enity in college football....You think your mind can understand that son ? Now, read the link below, and pay extra CLOSE attention to the guard posistion, and the word next to said players name. Thanks again for playing son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Colle ... erica_Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_College_Football_All-America_Team)

This is what we like to call....GAME....SET and.......MATCH to me Son!!

birtikidis
04-22-2011, 11:56 AM
FYI... watch the prospects. There is no other G in this draft close to Pouncey right now. The next best is Watkins. Priceless you made the refernce to Stats.Inc.

Really, watch the prospects huh ? Hey guy, let me ask you something, can you read ? Do you know the difference between " Consensus " and " UNANIMOUS " ? You see consensus means that if there are say, 10 different college awards for the best at a certain position, and a player is awarded the BEST on say 6 of those 10, THAT is a consensus. However...UNANIMOUS means that said Player was regarded the BEST at his position by every single solitary enity in college football....You think your mind can understand that son ? Now, read the link below, and pay extra CLOSE attention to the guard posistion, and the word next to said players name. Thanks again for playing son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Colle ... erica_Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_College_Football_All-America_Team)

umm wasn't Mike listed as the CENTER? talk about reading skills. I guess you also didn't notice the big black bolded words that said "2010..." Mike wasn't a guard in 2010 fool. He was a center. How would a center make it as guard on that list... :loser

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Where did consensus - unanimous come in? That's all you got left to hang on is grading a player out on college accolades??? You are like that douch bag you was on the Trib board you likes arguing with stats and awards. They only difference is you act like a juvenille with your "owned" smiley and game-set-match when they only think you won is First Team All FU.

You are a fish out of water my little B!tch. I see you there laying on your side...mouth moving gasping for air. With every post you gasp slower and slower. Keep it coming. I done because I have better things to do than babysit.

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 12:20 PM

Where did consensus - unanimous come in? That's all you got left to hang on is grading a player out on college accolades??? You are like that douch bag you was on the Trib board you likes arguing with stats and awards. They only difference is you act like a juvenille with your "owned" smiley and game-set-match when they only think you won is First Team All FU.

You are a fish out of water my little B!tch. I see you there laying on your side...mouth moving gasping for air. With every post you gasp slower and slower. Keep it coming. I done because I have better things to do than babysit.

If it makes you feel any better MENSA, here's the 2009 All-American team awards. Mike Upati won alot of them. But see who won more in 2009...Hudson, or Mikey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Colle ... erica_Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_College_Football_All-America_Team)

Eddie Spaghetti
04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
what in the hell do collegiate awards given in 2009 have to do with the 2011 NFL Draft?

just retarded.

WoodleyofTroy
04-22-2011, 12:48 PM

This is reminiscent to those saying we shouldn't draft Alex Mack because a player like A.Q. Shipley could be just as good. I can't stand this line of thinking.

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 12:56 PM

This is reminiscent to those saying we shouldn't draft Alex Mack because a player like A.Q. Shipley could be just as good. I can't stand this line of thinking.

WTF,,,How is this discussion " REMINISCENT " ?...First off, Alex Mack was never a consideration cause he was drafted way before we picked. Second, the difference between Mack that draft and Shipley was as long as the Grand Canyon. Please name a site that had Shipley right up there with Mack ? As where Hudson IS in alot of draft scouts mind every bit, if not better a Interior Linemen in this draft as Pouncey is. He also is more versatile cause Hudson CAN play Center in the NFL, as where Pouncey clearly cannot. So please tell me how our discussion is reminiscent. ? Talk about Moronic .

birtikidis
04-22-2011, 01:25 PM

WTF,,,How is this discussion " REMINISCENT " ?...First off, Alex Mack was never a consideration cause he was drafted way before we picked. Second, the difference between Mack that draft and Shipley was as long as the Grand Canyon. Please name a site that had Shipley right up there with Mack ? As where Hudson IS in alot of draft scouts mind every bit, if not better a Interior Linemen in this draft as Pouncey is. He also is more versatile cause Hudson CAN play Center in the NFL, as where Pouncey clearly cannot. So please tell me how our discussion is reminiscent. ? Talk about Moronic .
I have seen Pouncey rated as the #1 center in this draft.
and by reminiscent he means that it's the same line of moronic thinking.

birtikidis
04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
and why would we even care if he can play center? we have a pro bowl center and a good backup already.

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2011, 02:04 PM

Aaron Williams is the best playmaker you have ever seen? Have you been watching football for more than 12 minutes? Williams didn't have a single interception last season...that's the best playmaker you have ever seen? The 3 he got in 2009 and the 1 in 2008 must have left a huge impression on you in terms of his playmaking abilities.

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 02:47 PM

Aaron Williams is the best playmaker you have ever seen? Have you been watching football for more than 12 minutes? Williams didn't have a single interception last season...that's the best playmaker you have ever seen? The 3 he got in 2009 and the 1 in 2008 must have left a huge impression on you in terms of his playmaking abilities.

Since when does the term " Playmaker " solely have to do with interceptions ? It also has to do with the way Williams breaks up passes, the way he gets into position while in the air to strip a WR of what normally would be a completion. Playmaker might also have to do with his 8 blocked punts/FG's at Texas in 3 years..( A NCAA record )..and his ability to Blitz the QB like no other DB in this draft, or his 11 striped fumbles caused ( Also a NCAA college leader this season )

Is any of this filtering through that Melon of yours ? Play-makers are NOT Just picks. Does Troy get anywhere near the most picks in the league ?...No, not even close. But anyone who has ever seen Troy JUST at that right moment, come off the line to Blitz a QB and get a strip, or has seen him anticipate the snap, only to leap over the line of scrimmage to make a critical tackle in the backfield,,,well THOSE ARE PLAYS!....Hense the term......Playmaker! Thats what Troy is, and that's what Aaron Williams is.

Do I make myself clear ?

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2011, 03:38 PM

Since when does the term " Playmaker " solely have to do with interceptions ? It also has to do with the way Williams breaks up passes, the way he gets into position while in the air to strip a WR of what normally would be a completion. Playmaker might also have to do with his 8 blocked punts/FG's at Texas in 3 years..( A NCAA record )..and his ability to Blitz the QB like no other DB in this draft, or his 11 striped fumbles caused ( Also a NCAA college leader this season )

Is any of this filtering through that Melon of yours ? Play-makers are NOT Just picks. Does Troy get anywhere near the most picks in the league ?...No, not even close. But anyone who has ever seen Troy JUST at that right moment, come off the line to Blitz a QB and get a strip, or has seen him anticipate the snap, only to leap over the line of scrimmage to make a critical tackle in the backfield,,,well THOSE ARE PLAYS!....Hense the term......Playmaker! Thats what Troy is, and that's what Aaron Williams is.

Do I make myself clear ?

No, you aren't making yourself clear. Aaron Williams is the best playmaker that you have ever seen is a ridiculous statement. You've never seen Rod Woodson before? You've never seen Deion Sanders before? Aaron Williams as the best playmaker ever is beyond absurd, no matter what criteria you use for playmaker (unless you have only watched 12 minutes of football in your life).

Oh, and regarding the following statement:

Does Troy get anywhere near the most picks in the league ?...No, not even close.

Yes, yes he does. Last year, he had 7 interceptions, which was second most in the league to Ed Reed's 8. In 2009, he was injured for most of the year. In 2008, he also had 7 interceptions, which was also second most in the league to Ed Reed's 9.

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Okay, good job. Let me clarify, best playmaker I've seen in Aaron Williams time. There is that better ? Look, lets end all this. You have been a Good Egg :) through all my jabbing and kidding, as I hope I ahve been through yours. Bottom line is, I DO like Pouncey. I probably won't cry if he's drafted by us...doubtful, but possible. And also understand with my Aaron Williams take, I am NOT advocating we select him either. Yes we all have our takes on who the steelers should draft. Me personally as it goes to a trade up, the only player I would deal up for if they made it past say...24 would be Carimi if he's still there cause I feel pure T's are more valuable. And Carimi is the best of the bunch as it goes to all the alledged 1st round T's. But regardless, what Colbert decides to do is his choice. And I seriously doubt I am qualified to cast doubt on his knowldge....least not as far as 1st rounder go. Cause he's been pretty good.

But with that said, lets end this, and move on to something else. Anyways, Happy Good Friday to everyone. And have a great Easter weekend :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Okay, good job. Let me clarify, best playmaker I've seen in Aaron Williams time. There is that better ? Look, lets end all this. You have been a Good Egg :) through all my jabbing and kidding, as I hope I ahve been through yours. Bottom line is, I DO like Pouncey. I probably won't cry if he's drafted by us...doubtful, but possible. And also understand with my Aaron Williams take, I am NOT advocating we select him either. Yes we all have our takes on who the steelers should draft. Me personally as it goes to a trade up, the only player I would deal up for if they made it past say...24 would be Carimi if he's still there cause I feel pure T's are more valuable. And Carimi is the best of the bunch as it goes to all the alledged 1st round T's. But regardless, what Colbert decides to do is his choice. And I seriously doubt I am qualified to cast doubt on his knowldge....least not as far as 1st rounder go. Cause he's been pretty good.

But with that said, lets end this, and move on to something else. Anyways, Happy Good Friday to everyone. And have a great Easter weekend :Beer

We all know what happens to Bad Eggs. :wink:

http://data.whicdn.com/images/2309753/willy-veruca-560_thumb.jpg?1274383062

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 04:21 PM

Gee, why do I have this picture in my head thinking Mike Pouncey is the ULTIMATE
Oompa-Loompa, and alot of Steeler fans during the draft are gonna be acting like a bunch of little " Veruca Salt's "....running around their houses yelling,,,I WANT AN OOMPA-LOOMPA NOW!! " :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2011, 04:29 PM

Gee, why do I have this picture in my head thinking Mike Pouncey is the ULTIMATE
Oompa-Loompa, and alot of Steeler fans during the draft are gonna be acting like a bunch of little " Veruca Salt's "....running around their houses yelling,,,I WANT AN OOMPA-LOOMPA NOW!! " :HeadBanger

They'll get over it after a six pack of fizzy lifting drinks. :mrgreen:

insanesteelersfan
04-22-2011, 04:39 PM
They'll get over it after a six pack of fizzy lifting drinks. :mrgreen:

Man, a six pack of Fizzy lifting drinks ?....I would Imagine if they drank that much they would be over EVERYTHING...Their homes. Most buildings, and a few planes :Cheers ...or
at least until they let out some good belching :lol:

NJ-STEELER
04-23-2011, 12:07 PM
When was the last time a team moved up in the 1st round to draft a guard?

Not that I would mind that move if cost isnt much. Just wondering in genreal

Shawn
04-23-2011, 12:34 PM
When was the last time a team moved up in the 1st round to draft a guard?

Not that I would mind that move if cost isnt much. Just wondering

Very good point. I was thinking that just this morning. Some question drafting a G in the first at all...now we are talking about moving up for one? While I like Mike, I just don't see it as the most likely scenerio.

If Colbert and Co. were serious about getting Mike in a trade I don't think he would have lavished the praise on Mike so publically.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-25-2011, 08:50 AM

We had words in this topic. However, I would have to say this post showed some class. Good job putting an end to this.