PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Steelers quotes of all times

Djfan
04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/04/20/say-what-top-ten-steelers-quotes-of-all-time/1/

Too long to post here, but worth the read. Love being a steelers fan.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm partial to Myron Cope's quote, after Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder sent someone into the broadcast booth during a game to tell Cope to stop referring to his team as the “Wash Redfaces.”

“If that boy billionaire thinks he can shut me up, he should stick his head in a can of paint.”

:lol:

Eddie Spaghetti
04-21-2011, 01:16 PM
if i could start my life all over again, i would be a professional football player, and you can damn well better believe i would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

jack lambert HOF induction.

will never be topped.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 04:17 PM
if i could start my life all over again, i would be a professional football player, and you can damn well better believe i would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

will never be topped.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

There have been a few nuggets from HoF speeches over the years:

Bradshaw: "What I wouldn't give right now to put my hands under Mike Webster's butt just one more time!"

Joe Greene getting the Canton crowd to chant "Dee-Fense" (they play this clip in Heinz Field now to get the crowd riled up)

Notleadpoisoned
04-21-2011, 06:09 PM
I can remember watching an NFL Films presentation a long time ago where John Facenda quoted someone who said: "Jack Lambert is so mean that he hates himself."

Discipline of Steel
04-21-2011, 06:36 PM

will never be topped.

I agree that is awesome. But Lambert had a number of awesome quotes. Despite all my adoration of Lambert over the years, I never new the following till today:

#6: Jack Lambert’s Super Bowl Stand

“What?! You can’t kick me out, this is the Super Bowl!” – Jack Lambert

In Super Bowl X while the Steelers were trailing the Cowboys, Roy Gerela missed a field goal, and Cowboys’ Safety Cliff Harris mockingly patted him on the helmet in congratulations. Lambert quickly grabbed Harris and flung him down to the ground. The referee quickly ejected Lambert from the game to which Lambert replied the above quote. Sure enough, the ref simply told him OK, and to keep it clean. Imagine that happening in a Super Bowl today.

Couple others i love...

"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."

-- Jack Lambert --

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Let us never forget our origins.

NJ-STEELER
04-22-2011, 01:17 AM
always liked the quote from lambert after losing to oakland in the AFCC

gimmie a 6 pack of beer and let us play them again

Dee Dub
04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
I dont think it was actually a quote of his, but how can we leave off Greg Lloyd's T-Shirt that read?...

"I Wasn't Hired For My Disposition"

Now that is an all-time classic!
:Cheers

RussBII
04-22-2011, 05:09 PM
My personal favorite is Peezy's "The shot me in Denver!!!" after beating the colts in 05.

My dad told me a story once, about Noll or one of the Rooney's responding to a reporter asking them how they felt about the Cowboys beign America's team... and the interviewee just saying "That's fine, we're Pittsburgh's team."

Anyone recall that?

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I dont think it was actually a quote of his, but how can we leave off Greg Lloyd's T-Shirt that read?...

What about Lloyd's post-game interview on NBC in which he said "Let's see if we can bring this d@mn thing back here, along with the #&@%ing Super Bowl."

[youtube:ib4roczp]UvxLbYrX4Pg[/youtube:ib4roczp]

Ozey74
04-22-2011, 07:59 PM
I remember Terry Bradshaw said once in an interview that he told Chuck Noll:

"You might not win with me, but you'll lose without me."

:tt2

plainnasty
04-24-2011, 12:20 AM

NJ-STEELER
04-24-2011, 01:27 AM

think it went like

"you may lose with me (now), but you'll never win without me"

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Dan Bylsma mentioned another Steeler quote today (which also applies to his Penguins, since it is about the passion of Pittsburgh fans):

Howard Cosell once said, ‘When you play Pittsburgh, you play the whole city.’

:tt2 :tt1

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/24984298/300.jpg

steelblood
04-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Don't remember the exact quote that led up to it. But, Landry and some Cowboys were lamenting Jackie whats-his-name that dropped the TD pass and a bad call in the Super Bowl. Noll's response was something like "I'm sorry, I can't hear them over my Super Bowl ring."

PSU_dropout43
04-26-2011, 05:16 PM

think it went like

"you may lose with me (now), but you'll never win without me"
Terry said it to Dwight White, not Chuck Noll.

PSU_dropout43
04-26-2011, 09:13 PM
2:00 mark.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... teve-Sabol (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8008fe80/Terry-Bradshaw-Interview-with-Steve-Sabol)