PDA

View Full Version : What player will surprise everyone by being drafted in 1st

insanesteelersfan
04-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Every draft there always seems to be a player which is on everyones 2nd round list of prospects. Or even further down who gets the call in round 1. So, what player are you predicting ? Try to come up with a player that none of, or none of the main Mock drafts have going in round 1. So no Sherrod, or anyone who is right there on the verge.

My guess is either Dowling. Or a better choise is the UCLA S Rahim Moore. Imagine if the Steelers drafted Moore at 31,,,,would you guys be upset ?

hawaiiansteel
04-21-2011, 12:50 AM
My guess is either Dowling. Or a better choise is the UCLA S Rahim Moore. Imagine if the Steelers drafted Moore at 31,,,,would you guys be upset ?

no, Colbert has earned the benefit of the doubt on any 1st Round draft choice he makes...

focosteeler
04-21-2011, 12:59 AM

no, Colbert has earned the benefit of the doubt on any 1st Round draft choice he makes...

i agree, he wouldnt be who I wanted to draft but he is the one who gets paid to do it so i would be ok with it

steeler_george
04-21-2011, 05:19 AM
Not really a surprise, it maybe just someone who just got lost in the shuffle in round 1.

Akim Ayers.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I agree with those who say that whoever the Steelers pick I will not question. Not only do they know more in terms of seeing the player beyond the game tape, but Colbert has an impeccable track record on first rounders.

Of course, using that logic, we should disagree with every pick made after the first. :lol:

As to who might sneak into the first, I guess that depends on which QBs are considered first rounders. Newton and Gabbert are the only consensus first rounders, and then the rest of the field lines up in varying order depending on who you listen to.

Dalton, Ponder, Mallett, Kaepernick, Locker........

I will say that one GM will fall in love with Kaepernick's size and athletic ability and trade back up into the first to grab him.......leaving several of the other above mentioned prospects still on the board.

steeler_george
04-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Not really a surprise, it maybe just someone who just got lost in the shuffle in round 1.

Akim Ayers.

My bad, I miss read the question. I thought who would be a surprise pick for us at 31.

feltdizz
04-21-2011, 09:28 AM
I would have to say Blaine Gabbert. I think he is starting to get 1st round hype due to his wonderlic and memory.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-21-2011, 10:25 AM
I will go with Dowling & Ijalana to stay with your topic.

To go a different direction, a player that would absolutely surprise me to be picked if he drops is Jimmy Smith.

flippy
04-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Davon House

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Many assumed that Marvin Austin would be a day 2 pick after missing all of last season. I think he goes in the first, possibly in the mid-20's or so, much higher than some people think.

D Rock
04-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Ryan Mallett. Crazy Al wants a new big armed QB with issues, and he's going to trade up to get him.

grotonsteel
04-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Jimmy Smith.

I think he is the best CB in this draft. Problem is his character issues.

Captain Lemming
04-22-2011, 10:32 PM
My surpise pick.

If that guard/center from Florida falls to us......I know it sounds crazy....... but I wouldnt shock me if we took him.

Do I get the Nost award if I'm right with my call??? :wink: