PDA

View Full Version : Look back at past Planet Steelers Mock Drafts, 2009 and 2010

D Rock
04-20-2011, 01:38 AM
2009: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5984 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5984)

2010: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11354&p=136389 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11354&p=136389)

Go back and check your drafting skills compared to how some of these guys turned out and who the teams actually picked.

If you've carried the same teams the past few years, post your picks/real picks and let's get a look at what condition you would have your fake franchise in come draft day this year.

D Rock
04-20-2011, 02:09 AM
Jags 2009:

They took...Eugene Monroe (1) and Eben Britton (2), then Terrence Knighton and Derek Cox in the 3rd. Mike Thomas at WR in the 4th.

I took....Monroe was gone, I selected Vontae Davis. They now have a depth hole at CB (Cox is a starter) so I think that one would have been ok. 2nd round I failed. I traded back and picked up Jauquin Iglesias...who has now played in 1 game his rookie year as a 3rd round pick of the Bears, and was then put on the practice squad his entire second year. Oops. Mike Thomas in the 4th wins that one in a landslide. 3rd round I also got myself 2 picks, and used them on Gerald Cadogan and Patrick Chung.

I hit on 3 of the top 5 positions they picked, but they did a much better job overall than I did.

Jags 2010: I took Tebow early in the 1st with a shocker pick and Eric Decker in the 3rd.

They took Tyson Alualu early in the first with a shocker pick. And a no-name DT in the 3rd.

At this point...draw I'd say.

For the Chargers in 2010 I took:

Ryan Mathews in the first (yes!...they even traded all the way to 12 to get him), NT Cam Thomas early in the second (yes!...wait...oops, I took him 3 rounds earlier than they actually did. But he had 2 sacks as a rookie.) And I took Ciron Black in the third....whooooo didn't get drafted and never joined an NFL team.

Again...I'm not good at this.

RuthlessBurgher
04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
First of all, it makes me sad to look back at the awesome participation by everyone in 2009 compared to now, where HIsteel and I have to take 11 teams each just to make it work. Thanks to everyone who is still participating now...each of those teams you take helps make it more diverse and not just a two-man mock.

One team that I have had consistently has been the Lions. We both took Matt Stafford first overall in 2009, and we both took Jahvid Best with our second pick in 2010 (the Lions traded up to 1.30 to get him, while I stayed put at 2.34 and got him anyway).

I took OT Will Beatty for them at 1.20 in 2009 (he actually went 2.60 to the Giants and kinda sucks) while the Lions took TE Brandon Pettigrew there instead. Advantage: Lions.

I took Penn State DE/OLB Aaron Maybin at 2.33 in 2009 (what a bust that guy is, but at least I didn't take him at 1.11 like the Bills actually did) while the Lions took S Louis Delmas instead. Advantage: Lions.

I took TE Chase Coffman at 3.65 in 2009 (the Bengals actually took him at 3.98...he sucks) while the Lions took LB DeAndre Levy. Advantage: Lions.

I took DT Chris Baker at 3.82 in 2009 (he actually went undrafted and played for the Hartford Colonials last year), while the Lions took Penn State WR Derrick Williams, who sucks, but at least he sucks in the NFL and not the UFL. Advantage: Lions.

I took OT Russell Okung at 1.2 in 2010, passing on man-beast Ndomakong Suh. D'Oh. Advantage: Lions.

I took Penn State LB Sean Lee at 3.66 (he actually went 2.55 to the Cowboys) while the Lions took DB Amari Spievey. It remains to be seen who ends up being the better pro, but at least Spievey had 9 starts as a rookie while Lee had none. Advantage: Lions.

Goes to show you how pathetic I am if I can't even beat out a crappy front office like the Lions. Good luck with that Tyron Smith pick I gave them in this year's draft.