PDA

View Full Version : Rate this Mock...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
04-15-2011, 10:25 PM
What I did see is go to Sideline Scouting and use their mock to simulate like its actual and pick who was best for Pitt and came up with this...

RND 1---A. WILLIAMS S TEXAS
RND 2---B. BURTON CB UTAH
RND 3--L. STOCKER TE TENN
RND 4--J. RODGERS RB OK ST.
RND 5--A. BLACK S FLORIDA
RND 6--A. WUICIAK LB MD
RND 7--K. WILLIAMS G NEBRASKA

I was really suprised A BLACK was there, so I grabbed him as BPA. I know he has off field issues but we can take a chance with him in 5th round.

Go to Sideline Scoutings Mock and post your own mock....another great site most of you know about is hailredskins.com that has like 100 mocks. Thanks guys, let me know how I did above!

hawaiiansteel
04-16-2011, 12:57 AM
What I did see is go to Sideline Scouting and use their mock to simulate like its actual and pick who was best for Pitt and came up with this...

RND 6--A. WUICIAK LB MD

thanks SMF, I just entertained myself for about an hour at the Sideline Scouting website... :Cheers

I came up with the following: [this includes trading our #2(63) and #4(129) choices to move up to 2(57) with Seattle and jump ahead of the Ravens at #2(58)]

1(31) Nate Solder OT Colorado
2(57) Curtis Brown CB Texas
3(95) Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
5(162) Alex Henery K/P Nebraska
6) Da'Rel Scott RB Maryland
7) Anthony Gray NT S Miss

Shawn
04-16-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm not sold on Williams. And lost interest in Burton after some recent work outs.

I don't think there will be a DB who falls to us at 31 who is worth a 31. If you are going to reach, reach for Dowling. We have a dire need at DB but we can't let it force us to reach. If we were able to grab Dowling and Chekwa I would be a very happy man. I always liked Chekwa, and his 40 time just threw icing on the cake. He is fluid, can blanket a WR and runs a 4.38, and played against major comp at a major program? Getting him late third would be the definition of value.

Personally, I would rather see us trade down and grab a draft that looked something like

Dowling
Ellis/Cannon
Chekwa
Pettis

steelblood
04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm not sold on Williams. And lost interest in Burton after some recent work outs.

I don't think there will be a DB who falls to us at 31 who is worth a 31. If you are going to reach, reach for Dowling. We have a dire need at DB but we can't let it force us to reach. If we were able to grab Dowling and Chekwa I would be a very happy man. I always liked Chekwa, and his 40 time just threw icing on the cake. He is fluid, can blanket a WR and runs a 4.38, and played against major comp at a major program? Getting him late third would be the definition of value.

Personally, I would rather see us trade down and grab a draft that looked something like

Dowling
Ellis/Cannon
Chekwa
Pettis

I don't mind Chekwa in the fourth or fifth. But, I'm not convinced he's a third rounder. I like his competitiveness in games. He fights for the ball and has good straight-line speed. But, he is stiff in the hips. You call him "fluid". But, at the combine, he was very stiff. I didn't notice that stiffness in games so much, but it was terribly apparent in Indy. I like your other picks and agree that Burton is tough to nail down at this point.

steelblood
04-16-2011, 11:06 AM

RND 6--A. WUICIAK LB MD

I was really suprised A BLACK was there, so I grabbed him as BPA. I know he has off field issues but we can take a chance with him in 5th round.

Go to Sideline Scoutings Mock and post your own mock....another great site most of you know about is hailredskins.com that has like 100 mocks. Thanks guys, let me know how I did above!

I wouldn't be thrilled with this draft.

Williams-boom or bust type who couldn't hack it on the outside at corner. Who knows if he'll make it as a safety?

Burton is so tough to figure out. He plays in an average conference (level of competition) and does pretty well, but not great. He looks smaller than he is. His workouts have not been real impressive. I can't figure this guy out.

Luke Stocker is overrated in my book. Resign Spaeth if you want a player like this. It won't cost that much and he knows the playbook. Stocker is not another Jason Whitten as some claim. I think Stocker is a late fourth round value.

Rodgers went to Oregon St, not OK St. This would be an interesting pick. I'm not sure how he would fit our offense and if he could hold up in pass protection (as we ask all of our backs to do). But, he could really give defenses fits with his quickness and could be a special punt and kick returner.

Black isn't falling on draft boards because of off the field issues. He is falling because he is 5'9 and ran terribly in Indy. His instincts and ball skills are top notch, but he is too short and slow for most teams. I wouldn't mind this pick as he could probably be a good special teamer and backup FS.

Last two look like PS guys.

Website looks fun. Thanks for posting.

steelblood
04-16-2011, 12:07 PM
from those players, I did...

1.Muhammed Wilkerson DE Temple - would be a very good 3-4 DE and a great pass rushing DT in our nickel and dime sets.
2. James Carpenter OT Alabama
3. Chris Carter LB Fresno ST
4. Curtis Marsh CB Utah ST
5. Denarius Moore WR Tenn
6. Virgil Green TE Nevada
7. Anthony Gray NT S. Miss.

I like the quality, but I couldn't find a corner without reaching and ended up not getting one early enough. Oh well, in this scenario, we'd need to sign a good FA CB (like Ike). I do like the pass rushing help with Wilkerson and Carter. That would help with pass defense.

steelblood
04-16-2011, 12:08 PM
from those players, I did...

1.Muhammed Wilkerson DE Temple - would be a very good 3-4 DE and a great pass rushing DT in our nickel and dime sets.
2. James Carpenter OT Alabama
3. Chris Carter LB Fresno ST
4. Curtis Marsh CB Utah ST
5. Denarius Moore WR Tenn
6. Virgil Green TE Nevada
7. Anthony Gray NT S. Miss.

I like the quality, but I couldn't find a corner without reaching and ended up not getting one early enough. Oh well, in this scenario, we'd need to sign a good FA CB (like Ike). I do like the pass rushing help with Wilkerson and Carter. That would help with pass defense.

Shawn
04-16-2011, 12:13 PM

Dowling
Ellis/Cannon
Chekwa
Pettis

I don't mind Chekwa in the fourth or fifth. But, I'm not convinced he's a third rounder. I like his competitiveness in games. He fights for the ball and has good straight-line speed. But, he is stiff in the hips. You call him "fluid". But, at the combine, he was very stiff. I didn't notice that stiffness in games so much, but it was terribly apparent in Indy. I like your other picks and agree that Burton is tough to nail down at this point.

For many prospects I have to base my opinions off of scouting profiles and youtube videos. But, with Chekwa, like yourself, have seen alot of him. In games, I have never noticed stiffness. He always looked athletic and fluid. So, if he worked out stiff I consider that a good thing. Hopefully he will fall because the guy isn't stiff in the slightest. He turns and moves well. He runs like a gazelle.

Some scouting profiles made before the work out would agree with my assessment.

From FFToolbox.com
Plays with fluid motion and loose hips and is a very natural runner.

NFLdraft101
Strong man to man coverage skills
Tremendous speed (also ran track for Ohio State)
Fluid in his drops - Good agility and change of direction skills
Closes quickly on the ball

He is a Big 10 track and field champion...anchor 4x100.

The guy is raw from a recognition and strength standpoint but he has all the tools. Personally, I think he is a mid to low second round value. I base that off of tools and my thoughts that he can be a quality starter in the NFL. While he is a bit of a project, I think he could play nickle very early and thrive.

RuthlessBurgher
04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
From the mocks posted on this thread, I like hawaiiansteel's the most, then steelblood's, then smashmouthfootball's. I'll have to go over to that site and play around a bit myself.

Oviedo
04-17-2011, 09:21 AM

RND 6--A. WUICIAK LB MD

Love your first three picks.

Really don't like picks 4 and 5. Put a couple of OL (Jah Reid, OT, UCF and Hurd, OG, Conn) or and OL and a DL then you got something.

D Rock
04-17-2011, 11:04 AM
I see the Seahawks taking Locker at 1.25 as the pick that gets teams jumping to get a QB. For some reason I think a team will panic and move up ahead of even the Steelers pick by using a future 1st. I think that team will be the Raiders, and that Ryan Mallet will be a very unhappy camper. That leaves a couple teams still looking for a QB, and wanting to make a trade. In this case, the trade is between very familiar teams....Pittsburgh and Arizona.

Arizona receives pick 1.31 (600 pts) and 3.95 (120 pts) Total: 720
Pittsburgh receives pick 2.38 (520 pts) and 3.69 (245 pts) Total: 765

Arizona has to overpay a bit to get a guy they want ahead of all the other QB hungry teams. This includes Buffalo and Cinci drafting before them, and Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Minnesota coming soon after them. If 'Zona doesn't move up they risk losing out on Ponder and Dalton and being stuck with only Kaepernick as an option.

Arizona takes Christian Ponder at 1.31.

Buffalo gets Dalton, and then Cinci is dumb and thinks they can outlast Carson Palmer in his retirement, so they don't take a QB. They Steelers are back on the clock at 2.38 and it's only Kaepernick left at the QB position. Tennessee is poised to take him with the next pick, but Washington wont wait around because they pretty much don't have any other picks in this draft, except a 5th rounder. They give it to the Steelers to get Kaepernick.

Washington receives 2.38 (520 pts) - selects Colin Kaepernick
Pittsburgh receives 2.41 (490 pts) and 5.144 (34 pts) (524 total pts)

Pittsburgh selects

2.41 - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
2.63 - Marcus Cannon, OG/OT, TCU
3.69 - Taiwan Jones, RB, EWU
4.121 - Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
5.144 - Chris Neild, DL, WVU
5.162 - Alex Henery, K/P, Nebraska
6.196 - Virgil Green, TE, Nevada
7.234 - Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio St.