PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Have Strong Interest in 3.....

Dee Dub
04-15-2011, 07:34 PM
THURSDAY, 14 APRIL 2011 08:38 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE
Good morning,

Talked to a guy yesterday in Texas who assures me that the Steelers interest in Texas cornerback/safety Aaron Williams is real. Drafting a cornerback who should be a safety, to me, is not something you should do on the first round.

Others of strong interest are offensive tackles Derek Sherrod and Nate Solder.

My sleeper defensive lineman is Kenrick Ellis of Hampton, but not in the first round. And donít be surprised if the Houston Texans donít make a run at Ike Taylor if free agency ever arrives. Houstonís not all that far from Ikeís native New Orleans either.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... s-are-many (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/109290-ed-2-weeks-to-go-a-opinions-are-many)

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2011, 07:41 PM
I'd be happy if Sherrod or Solder fell to us in round 1, and we ended up with Ellis and a top 10 (or so) CB on day two.

NJ-STEELER
04-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Houston to new Orleans is about as close as pittsbught and NYC is.

Closer then Pittsburgh but not right down the road either

Flasteel
04-16-2011, 12:51 AM
With Colbert's first round draft history, he has earned any benefit of the doubt in my book. No matter who we select with our first pick, I'm confident it'll be a good one.

StarSpangledSteeler
04-16-2011, 02:01 AM
With Colbert's first round draft history, he has earned any benefit of the doubt in my book. No matter who we select with our first pick, I'm confident it'll be a good one.

That's true, but just remember, two of those he had to trade up to get. And two of those he probably could've/should've traded down. Two of those guys listed are projected higher than 1.31. Colbert may have to trade up this year to keep the "streak" alive.

Mister Pittsburgh
04-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Williams = Chard Scott :nono

Shawn
04-16-2011, 09:48 AM
I would be very happy with a draft like...

Sherrod
Ellis
Chekwa
Pettis

feltdizz
04-16-2011, 12:42 PM

Unless Ike is afraid to fly I don't think it matters.

NJ-STEELER
04-16-2011, 01:13 PM

Unless Ike is afraid to fly I don't think it matters.

i agree

if he goes to houston, its not going to be because he's so close to his hometown.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Ike's decision on where he goes? Probably will be made on the same basis as most of the rest of the players decide...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

buckeyehoppy
04-18-2011, 04:39 AM
Williams = Ch0ad Scott :nono

I don't know if I'd go that far. But taking a FS and trying to convince yourself that he's really a cover corner isn't a smart move at all with a 1st round pick.

pfelix73
04-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Anyone watch the show with Mariucci on NFL Network with the CB's? That Prince guy and Aaron Williams? Hell, those 2 are so close to being equal, and in fact, Aaron is a ball hawk more so than Prince. His vertical leaps are tremendous and he knows his football.

In other words, I would be extremely happy if we draft this guy at 31. We'd be getting an excellent ball player and some1 with tremendous upside.

:tt1