PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw: Concussions have caught up

fordfixer
04-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Bradshaw: Concussions have caught up
Apr 12, 12:03 am EDT
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... oncussions (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsOJJ8DzQext0v820QLG45lDubYF?slug=ap-bradshaw-concussions)

CHOUDRANT, La. (AP)—Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw says he’s feeling the effects of numerous concussions sustained during his NFL career.

The 62-year-old Shreveport native said Monday he has been having short-term memory loss as well as the loss of hand-eye coordination. He also said he is undergoing rehabilitation for those ailments.

“I forgot the numbers. It’s pretty staggering,” Bradshaw said. “If you play in the NFL and start for 10 years, it’s not good. It is not good.”

The former Pittsburgh Steelers star and current NFL television analyst was in Louisiana at the Squire Creek Country Club on Monday to co-host, along with country singer Kix Brooks, his annual fundraising golf tournament to benefit their alma mater, Louisiana Tech.

The normally animated Bradshaw was somber as he told reporters of his condition.

Bradshaw told KTBS-TV that he sustained at least six concussions, plus an unknown number of instances where there was a blow to the head that would require him to “clear the cobwebs.”

Bradshaw was the first player selected in the 1970 NFL draft, and led the Steelers to eight AFC Central championships and four Super Bowl titles from 1970-83.

He is now an integral part of Fox Sports’ NFL pre-game and postgame coverage.

Chadman
04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Couldn't he be...you know...getting old?

Chadman's hand-eye coordination isn't what is was 10 years ago & Chadman can barely remember what thread he's posting on most days..

It's like telling someone that a 98 year old died of unknown causes...

Discipline of Steel
04-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Bradshaw makes an excellant victim. He was a schill for a pharma company and probably is only too happy to allow the doctors to saddle him with another 'condition'. Sorry but I doubt he took anywhere near the number of blows as Mike Webster. I wouldnt doubt it if some insider stated he was just trying to support Goodells agenda. I bet they are good friends.

Djfan
04-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Love TB. He's the reason I support the black and gold.

Still, when he opens his mouth I reach for that grain of salt.

It may be time we spot him that "t" as well.

Oviedo
04-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Bradshaw is an "Attention Whore."

Ben's issues last year he pops off his mouth trying to be the moral authority when he was nothing but a hypocrite.

This off season he now has become the voice of ex-players for concussions.

I think some of his cows on his ranch have kicked him in the head once to often.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Considering the blow he took when Turkey Jones dropped him on his head, it's amazing he can function at all...

hawaiiansteel
04-13-2011, 10:15 PM
judging from some of the things that come out of Terry's mouth at times, he could very well be suffering from drain bamage...

http://citizenmcgeedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/terry-bradshaw.jpg?w=259&h=382