PDA

View Full Version : Predictions

Shawn
04-12-2011, 07:31 PM
I would like to see a list of those players "you just have a feeling about" or who you believe will outplay their draft slot.

Mine

Taiwan Jones-this guy is going to be special, a true change of pace back who will break open games like Jamaal Charles.

Lance Kendricks-speed, hands and size. I believe he is going to be a very good TE at the next level.

Chimdi Chekwa-4.38 40, fluid, solid tackler and can absolutely blanket a WR. Many of his mistakes can be coached out of him.

Casey Mathews-yeah yeah I know most here think the guy can't play. But, I have seen him with my own eyes and realize this guy has the stuff. I think he is going to be a solid to well above average starter in the NFL.

DJ Williams-could fall as far as the 4th round. He has it all except size and elite blocking skill. But, as a receiver they don't get much better than this guy. He is a bigger version of Hines Ward. I would love for the Steelers to grab him.

Dane Sanzenbacher- undersized, not fast...what's not to like? I just love the guys heart. He is bent on proving people wrong. I can remember so many times him going over the middle and taking a monster hit only to come up with a huge catch to move the chains. He runs good routes, has very good hands, is willing to sacrifice his body and has more heart than I have seen in a long time. He reminds me of Ward. I think he far outplays his draft slot.

StarSpangledSteeler
04-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I would like to see a list of those players "you just have a feeling about" or who you believe will outplay their draft slot.

Mine

Taiwan Jones-this guy is going to be special, a true change of pace back who will break open games like Jamaal Charles.

Lance Kendricks-speed, hands and size. I believe he is going to be a very good TE at the next level.

Chimdi Chekwa-4.38 40, fluid, solid tackler and can absolutely blanket a WR. Many of his mistakes can be coached out of him.

Casey Mathews-yeah yeah I know most here think the guy can't play. But, I have seen him with my own eyes and realize this guy has the stuff. I think he is going to be a solid to well above average starter in the NFL.

DJ Williams-could fall as far as the 4th round. He has it all except size and elite blocking skill. But, as a receiver they don't get much better than this guy. He is a bigger version of Hines Ward. I would love for the Steelers to grab him.

Dane Sanzenbacher- undersized, not fast...what's not to like? I just love the guys heart. He is bent on proving people wrong. I can remember so many times him going over the middle and taking a monster hit only to come up with a huge catch to move the chains. He runs good routes, has very good hands, is willing to sacrifice his body and has more heart than I have seen in a long time. He reminds me of Ward. I think he far outplays his draft slot.

Couldn't you pick some "good" players? LOL. Just kidding. The only gut feelings I get from that list are Chekwa and DJ Williams, mostly because I think they slide into that good value range that the Steelers love. Kendricks and Matthews will get overdrafted.

flippy
04-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Cortez Allen - CB - Citadel - He looks like a Steelers CB to me. The only question is the level of competition.

Dion Lewis - RB - Pitt - I still can't see why he isn't rated to be a much higher pick? He's got as much ability as any of the 1st rounders.

Edmond Gates - WR - Abilene Christian - Could he be our next 3rd round WR gem? Did he really run a 4.3 with a groin injury? Just another kid to take the top off the coverage for us.

RuthlessBurgher
04-13-2011, 10:21 AM
I have a feeling that Patrick Peterson, A.J. Green, and Marcel Dareus could become good NFL players. :wink:

Oviedo
04-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Cortez Allen - CB - Citadel - He looks like a Steelers CB to me. The only question is the level of competition.

Dion Lewis - RB - Pitt - I still can't see why he isn't rated to be a much higher pick? He's got as much ability as any of the 1st rounders.

Edmond Gates - WR - Abilene Christian - Could he be our next 3rd round WR gem? Did he really run a 4.3 with a groin injury? Just another kid to take the top off the coverage for us.

I like Cortez Allen, even if he is from my alma mater's arch-rival school. Ike Taylkor wasn't playing the best talent coming into the league either and he is our best CB and the best we have had for a long time.

I don't think Lewis will make it in the league. Just a feeling.

Gates also has me very interested. We need a speed guy opposite Wallace to draw away the over the top safety coverage. However with his 40-time, Gates will get overdrafted and we probably won't have a shot.

Oviedo
04-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I'll add a couple UCF boys to your list:

Jah Reid, OT--is a monster who has all the physical tools to become a very good to great RT. I think he has the potential to have a better career than some of the OTs drafted ahead of him.

Bruce Miller, DE/LB--doesn't have great measureables but the kid is a player. He is relentless on the field and his motor never stops. While he played DE in college I could see him shifting to inside LB and being a solid player who can tackle and get after the QB.

flippy
04-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Gates also has me very interested. We need a speed guy opposite Wallace to draw away the over the top safety coverage. However with his 40-time, Gates will get overdrafted and we probably won't have a shot.

ie Al Davis might draft him the first round ;)

Dee Dub
04-13-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm gonna stick with the players I have been high on for quite some time.

Steve Wisniewski
Ras-I Dowling
Rahim Moore
Devon House
Phil Taylor
Mason Foster
Colin McCarthy
Casey Matthews
Lawrence Guy

..and I still think DeMarcus Love is going to turn out to be an above average tackle in the NFL.

Oh and I agree with Shawn. Chimdi Chekwa has the potential to be a solid corner in the NFL.

StarSpangledSteeler
04-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm gonna stick with the players I have been high on for quite some time.

Steve Wisniewski
Ras-I Dowling
Rahim Moore
Devon House
Phil Taylor
Lawrence Guy

Love that list.